Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-30-12 02:27 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Your mother will love this. What a great gift!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • memex9 Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:

But.....I am a Rod Stewart fan from long ago. LOL

Me too Betsey. I remember exactly where I was when I heard Maggie May the first time.

aAnother one of my favorites..........but there are sooo many! !!!!! I just love his voice.....and his hair! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Good morning ladies.....coffee is ready, and I have to remember to go to work earlier today. LOL I am so happy that this is Friday.....!!!

Best news since Lilly was born......Amanda, passed her final huge test, of 100 pages of a synopsis of what she has learned in the last 10 years of college.........she was so very, very worried. Struggled with it and getting it done in time.....but she did it.......and passed with flying colors....and is now ready to do her last internship and graduate with her Bachelors in Education in June. FINALLY!!!!! I am so excited and proud of her.......The struggles she has had to make this happen would have deterred most people...........she is the one who just had that serious back/neck surgery........but she has hung in there and is almost at the end. What a girl.....I am so very very proud of her.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Cheryl.....I love your glass block.....very very cool. Great job....I know your Mom will love it!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

OK LADIES...... have a great Friday.....I am off to work........glad it is Friday.....don't know about this almost 7 hour day however.......I only agreed to it because its friday......and I have two days to "rest up" LOL

have fun.........enjoy your day! Feel better to Jo, Tish, and anyone else ailing........Thinking of all of you!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Good morning!!

Betsey-YHEA for Amanda!!!! I can't imagine writing a 100 page synopsis of what I learned.

Cheryl your mother's gift is so thoughtful and very pretty!

Rum and I are going to put up the outside lights today. (Pray for me...ha ha)

I'm having the 4 grandkids spend the night. We may decorate the tree. I'd rather do it Sunday, but I'm afraid Casey might not come on Sunday.
I want everyone to take part.

Before I forget....I heard this on tv...if you have trouble falling asleep....count backwards from 200...by threes. I start at 300. It usually works.

Guess I'll get going. Hope everyone has a great day.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to scrappin 2

I hate when I am worried about stuff and cannt sleep. But I got my dd Cecilia calenar for christmas count down done. Just waiting for the stickles to dry on it now so she can take it home this afternoon.

No school for my son today. Did you know that his christmas vacation starts on the 19th of Dec and goes till the 9th of Jan??? I was SHOCKED!! We got 2 weeks (maybe) for christmas vacation and these kids get almost 3 weeks off. Thank goodness I do not have to babysit during that time but still.

OHHHH BTW ladies. The Portland Oregon CKC convention is going to be here during my birthday... whoooooooohoooooooooooooo .. If I can save enough money I can go. I went this year only cause my sister came down and watched the kids for me. I have been peeking at the classes and there are a few I would love to go to.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:

Best news since Lilly was born......Amanda, passed her final huge test, of 100 pages of a synopsis of what she has learned in the last 10 years of college.........she was so very, very worried. Struggled with it and getting it done in time.....but she did it.......and passed with flying colors....and is now ready to do her last internship and graduate with her Bachelors in Education in June. FINALLY!!!!! I am so excited and proud of her.......The struggles she has had to make this happen would have deterred most people...........she is the one who just had that serious back/neck surgery........but she has hung in there and is almost at the end. What a girl.....I am so very very proud of her.

Wow; good for her and you should be proud. It's so nice to hear of someone younger working hard for their goal and you are right in that she's had a lot of obstacles along the way.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to scrappin 2

Cathe; it's hard to imagine that counting backwards by 3 will help...I know it will get the brain off our troubles but mercy I'd end up frustrated at all the 'thinking'... I'm just not used to thinking anymore.

have fun tonight with the grands...you and they are lucky to have the time together.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

Teia; start saving for the CKC. Is it still at the Oregon Convention center? I went once.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

How are you today Tish?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

Dale got our house lights on yesterday...in the drizzle. Then we got the decorations and tree out of the attic. Tonight the kids are coming for dinner and putting the ornaments on the tree.. Dori will love it.

I'm feeling like I want snow.....hmmmmm; must be the Christmas feeling.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Teia; start saving for the CKC. Is it still at the Oregon Convention center? I went once.

Yeppers still there. Its a nice place to have it.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to tneal40

Good morning everyone...we didn't have any internet when we got home last night from North Platte so I have been catching up this morning.

Cathe...I'll tell Breanna thanks for you...she is the one who drew out the name for me.

Ann....so sorry to hear about the higher numbers for dh. Hopefully the numbers will stop going up.

Betsey...a 7 hour day in your job doesn't sound like fun to me at all! I cannot stand that long anymore. Will be thinking of you....

Tish...you go girl...sounds like you are getting lots done this morning!

Teia...you are speedy to get the challenge finished already. I need to do it here at the beginning of the time instead of waiting...but probably won't! lol

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

Char...sounds like very much running around! I am getting to be more and more a "homebody". I am pretty content to just stay here on the ranch..it keeps us pretty isolated from things...which has it's pro's AND con's! lol

Roy and I are leaving tonight for the funeral of my BFF's mil. It is a 7 hour drive for us, but we really feel like we need to go. I don't remember if I told you that by bff has a daughter that is handicapped (mentally). She has called me every day and yesterday morning said to me that she sure wished Roy and I could come. When she called yesterday afternoon and I told her that we were coming she cried and said "tell Roy thank you". We will leave after the funeral and take the long route home (lol) and go to Kristi's for a football party. The Huskers play in the Big Ten championship game tomorrow night against Wisconsin. Sunday morning we will leave Kristi's by about 7:30 our time so we make it up here for our regular church at 11. It's a carry in dinner day so we'll have lunch at church and then come home. Lots of travel...lots of people...and FOOTBALL! should be a good weekend but it will be exhausting...especially since I don't usually feel so great these first few days after chemo! All that to say I may be pretty scarce this weekend!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

Di...I have asked Roy if he is going to put any lights up for us outside and his response was...if I have time! I am not going to hold my breath! It was warm yesterday so our snow is mostly gone. It is nice today and would be a good day to put up the lights but Roy is wiring in solar panels to our house well so I know lights won't get put up today! lol I will be patient!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bears99

Busy time Josie but that is good you are going to the funeral. Have fun at the next event... take care.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-30-12 09:36 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Feeling rather yucky today and just laying down.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

ok, need to do what you gotta do.

one of my sister in-laws had to have a pace maker put in this a.m. She's doing ok. She was feeling faint occasionally and thought it was just blood pressure but had bad heart pain yesterday so called 911. Scary.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

I am home and very, very tired. If everyone would do their own jobs, these things would not be necessary. We have two that apparently don't get what "cleaning" means. The dish room was disgusting and only one week after I was there. It is getting very hard for me to keep cleaning up, getting it looking good, but more to the point clean, to have it a mess and funky again in just a week. So today, with my extra 40 mintes at the end of the day, after I had mopped most of our kitchen, I went in the dish room and scrubbed the walls, scrubbed out all the sinks, and wiped down all of the stainless steel backsplashes. It is so easy if you do it every day, and do hard to get them right after a week of not being wiped at all. what a mess.......soooooo!!!!

I am stopping by to say Hello, checking on the two chemo patients, and then going to sit in my chair......and just sit.....watch TV or something. !!!!!Tish....hope you are feeling better by now........take it easy.......!!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics