Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Whoops...I forgot that Priscilla was also among the sick and injured. Hope she is better today. And anyone else I missed........I hope Roy is feeling better Jo......this thing is weird...and hangs on a long long time. And just think....I had a SHOT and Meds.....can't imagine what would happen with nothing. Whew........!!!!!

Diana...waiting to see this new punch work.......hope you get it up today. I am so glad that someone is scrapping.......LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
Good morning, Tish and all who follow...which, when I put it that way...I hope is everyone!! lol. Hummmmm...don't think I have had enough sleep!

Di..hope you are sleeping!

Teia...nice that you got into another of the classes you were wanting. What are the two you will be taking?

I started taking down Christmas decorations yesterday between loads of laundry. Still have some of each to do!! lol

Bbl...have a great morning!

I did the same yesterday...laundry and taking down decorations. I am finished and waiting for Audie to help me take apart the tree and get the wreaths from the front windows.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

Tried to talk Audie into going to visit Laynie (and her parents lol) today but not having any luck. He can be so stubborn! Has to be his idea and if I wait until it is his idea, Laynie will be nearly grown! He is her only great grandfather still living and I want her to have a photo of him holding her while she is still a newborn. Brittney said yesterday that they will come for a visit soon but with a c-section that should be at least 4 weeks before she does any travel other than necessary medical visits, etc.

Tishd
Tishd 
Queen
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 06:27 AM
In response to memex9

Good morning, Betsey! It does sound like you feel a bit better today. Allen was saying he always feels better when he goes outside to work, but I worry about him still.

I feel pretty good this morning, considering I didn't sleep well last night. I tried going back to bed and that didn't work, so I got up again and loaded the washing machine.

Winter is the time of year I prefer either sleeping in, or snuggling under the blankets and reading. I am going to see about moving our 32" tv in the bedroom this week. We just need to run the cable in our bedroom I guess.

Now I can't remember what else I wanted to comment on. Rats.

Betsey, I made myself a smoothie this morning out of the rest of a berry smoothie, chobani yogurt, a banana and some skim milk. Not bad and good nourishment I think.

Tishd
Tishd 
Queen
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 06:30 AM
In response to oakhills

Oh, I do understand your wanting to get a picture of Audie with his great granddaughter, Ann. I also understand the comment, it has to be his idea!

How is she feeling?

Who is to become the next baby in this group? Is it Jo's grandson in January? I think Teia is expecting a new grandbaby in June.

Tishd
Tishd 
Queen
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 06:31 AM
In response to memex9

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Good morning. I felt groggy upon waking. I think the Advil pm does that to me. I had a hard time going to sleep.

Tish did you take your tynlol pm last night? I'm sure glad Allen didn't shovel. He could have a heart attack.

Ann-I want to say "MEN"....who made them the boss?
I completely understand you wanting a picture. Last night I realized that I don't have a photo of Casey, Sonny, Kian and Rayn together. I meant to ask them to pose.

Betsey I'm struggling with the phone upgrade too. I thought I wanted a smart phone, but maybe I should first try texting on my old phone. The kids want me to text. I need to go to Verizon and see what my options are.

I think Carole and I may be able to get together today. We haven't seen each other in two weeks, due to her being sick.

Last night my throat felt a little sore. Oh dear I have Granny's party next Sat. I can't decide if I should leave my Christmas stuff up or take it down. I like the stuff up and it hides the different colors on the wall. OMG why did I do that? Well I know why I thought we'd be painting and getting the carpet last Nov.

Teia I haven't tracked the package. I didn't write it down (like a dummy)when you posted it. I figured when it gets here, it gets here.

Tish I think Kari is due in Jan. Isn't that right Josie? Casey is in June.

Cheryl has to work today. She was concerned that they were to get more snow. I learned the hospital is 8 miles from her house. Safe travels to her.

We got a dusting to an inch last night.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 12-29-12 06:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to scrappin 2

• scrappin 2 Said:
Good morning. I felt groggy upon waking. I think the Advil pm does that to me. I had a hard time going to sleep.

Tish did you take your tynlol pm last night? I'm sure glad Allen didn't shovel. He could have a heart attack.

Ann-I want to say "MEN"....who made them the boss?
I completely understand you wanting a picture. Last night I realized that I don't have a photo of Casey, Sonny, Kian and Rayn together. I meant to ask them to pose.

Betsey I'm struggling with the phone upgrade too. I thought I wanted a smart phone, but maybe I should first try texting on my old phone. The kids want me to text. I need to go to Verizon and see what my options are.

I think Carole and I may be able to get together today. We haven't seen each other in two weeks, due to her being sick.

Last night my throat felt a little sore. Oh dear I have Granny's party next Sat. I can't decide if I should leave my Christmas stuff up or take it down. I like the stuff up and it hides the different colors on the wall. OMG why did I do that? Well I know why I thought we'd be painting and getting the carpet last Nov.

Teia I haven't tracked the package. I didn't write it down (like a dummy)when you posted it. I figured when it gets here, it gets here.

Tish I think Kari is due in Jan. Isn't that right Josie? Casey is in June.

Cheryl has to work today. She was concerned that they were to get more snow. I learned the hospital is 8 miles from her house. Safe travels to her.

We got a dusting to an inch last night.

Cathe at your age, i would be more enthused about the I phone...but at this point in my life......I am not sure I need or want all of those complications......while it would be fun.....I think........it also requires going to classes, etc.......and for cryin' out loud....its a phone. I don't know...as little as I use the darn thing........however, my grandkids and Karen really want me to be able to text........it just seems like a big expense to be able to text when I can call, they can call, we have FB etc. However, now that all of them are on these phones, they never go on FB anymore either....sigh! I don't think I want to be obligated to Jeff and Kim to make sure I get the $40 there on time for them to pay the bill. Sounds like a great deal of hastle to me. I pay all my bills on line........so this would mean I would have to see them, send a check to them or give them cash.......I think my idea of a trac phone for $25 a month that I can do on line is the best thing for me. I am not that crazy about Verizon to begin with. I have never been able to get calls on my cell phone inside this house.....so what's the point??????? Anyway......it also invloves me getting wireless set up, which I don't have, and I also found out that the printer they bought me requires wiresless also........sigh. Why do I need this????? Its another thing to buy and another thing to install and learn about.........I am just not that techie .......I love my computer, but don't need to access stuff when I am not home. I think its all great...but why do I need this??????? Someone needs to explain this all to me better than they have so far. It seems like a lot of $$$$$$ for something I will rarely use. What do you think?????? I need a younger persons input on this I think. LOL

Tishd
Tishd 
Queen
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 07:28 AM
In response to scrappin 2

I must admit, Cathe, I did not take the tylenol pm last night. I wanted to see how the night would go without it because of all the ******** I had in my system late afternoon.

The chemo, steriods, and antinausea medications and Lord knows what else. However I do feel pretty good today and am trying to get things put away and maybe my new years resolution, if I make one, will be to get my act together and be thankful for what I have to work with here!

I am praying that when I have my CAT Scan, January 18th, the Lymphoma's have shrunk!

Well as far as pictures. I only got a good family photo on Christmas of Julie's children and grandchildren, and one of Tim and his family. Jill and Lisa are both so finicky about having their photo taken. John, Dennis and Tony were not there. I did get a darling card of Tony and Dani with their two cats so will have to scrap the card.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Ann.......I don't understand????? Why is your dh balking at having a picture with the new great grandbaby?????? Has he seen her yet????? I am guess that would be a no! Hmmmmmm I may have missed something that explains it all. Men!@!!!! Sometimes they are just plain stubborn and bullheaded!!!!!! It just seems a simple thing to me. But then Diana has relatives and a dh that does not want their photos online for anyreason, even just in sb.com on a scrapbook page. So I guess there are things we just don't understand. My thinking is if you don't want your photo anywhere, don't get in the picture. LOL I do tend to oversimplify stuff sometimes...... People just have their own ideas about things and I guess we have to let them have them......! I hope Audie will change his mind and have his photo taken with the new baby! Now in my case.......no one even asks me to hold Lilly and have a photo taken....so you see?????? Its all just a mystery!

Tishd
Tishd 
Queen
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 07:35 AM
In response to memex9

Betsey, I am not a younger person, and I used to be fairly techie 10 years ago. As I aged, I gave up on alot of the techie stuff. I am wondering why I even pay $40.00 a month for a cell phone that we barely use. My family likes us to have it when we travel, and it really does come in handy when going to MA or CT to visit our families. They can check us on the road, or if we are at Foxwoods for overnights, they call or text to tell us to come over or they will be over. For that reason, I like texting. I use the text feature more than the voice call!

As far as my having a smart phone, I don't need one. My IPAD does all the smart phone does. It is just bigger and I can't make calls on it, but I do not need to. So I am with you on this part about as you get older, you do not need all of the new gadgets.

I am sure if you had a smart phone, you would love it and your grandchildren would have you an expert in no time. The part I wouldn't like would be the getting the $40.00 to your family for the line.

So there I stuck my big nose in and now have to get back to cleaning up Christmas.

Vi loves her Trac Phone or Net One...not sure what it is.

Tishd
Tishd 
Queen
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 07:39 AM
In response to memex9

amd speaking of pictures of generations. I have several 5 generation pictures of Allen, his mom, our daughter, Julie, her son and his children.

Where in heck am I????? I could be having at least four generations Me, Julie, her son and my great grandchildren. Duh? No one asks...

I have arrived at the conclusion there is a certain age group that doesn't care about pictures.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Good morning, Betsey! It does sound like you feel a bit better today. Allen was saying he always feels better when he goes outside to work, but I worry about him still.

I feel pretty good this morning, considering I didn't sleep well last night. I tried going back to bed and that didn't work, so I got up again and loaded the washing machine.

Winter is the time of year I prefer either sleeping in, or snuggling under the blankets and reading. I am going to see about moving our 32" tv in the bedroom this week. We just need to run the cable in our bedroom I guess.

Now I can't remember what else I wanted to comment on. Rats.

Betsey, I made myself a smoothie this morning out of the rest of a berry smoothie, chobani yogurt, a banana and some skim milk. Not bad and good nourishment I think.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

The above is my huge post that disappeared when I tried to post it......suffice to say, I am not repeating it all........

I commented on everything...and am not going there again.

Get Audie to get the photo.......some day someone will care. Although no one asks me either Tish, so I am thinking this whole photo thing is just not important to them.......so why am I making all these scrapbooks. I think from now on, I will just make the pages I want to make, keep a book going of "Family" and that's it. I am doing a lot of work, sending out four 35 page scrapbooks every year, and no one is all that enthused..........Last year, David said he wishes I would just put photos in an album without all that "frilly junk" on the page........so if you remember, I made him a 300 page album with photos only, no journaling no dates no names.....so THERE!!!!!!! I did send Lisa and Scotts albums, but of course have heard nothing from either of them......I think it's time to quit. I will continue to scrap, but will just keep adding to these family albums I have already.

I do enjoy them, and love looking back at the first pages I did....and how it has evolved.......so from now on, I will do what I enjoy doing only! What a relief that will be!!!! I made well over 350 pages this past year........and I have maybe 10 in my album......so....enough of that! LOL

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Ann.......I don't understand????? Why is your dh balking at having a picture with the new great grandbaby?????? Has he seen her yet????? I am guess that would be a no! Hmmmmmm I may have missed something that explains it all. Men!@!!!! Sometimes they are just plain stubborn and bullheaded!!!!!! It just seems a simple thing to me. But then Diana has relatives and a dh that does not want their photos online for anyreason, even just in sb.com on a scrapbook page. So I guess there are things we just don't understand. My thinking is if you don't want your photo anywhere, don't get in the picture. LOL I do tend to oversimplify stuff sometimes...... People just have their own ideas about things and I guess we have to let them have them......! I hope Audie will change his mind and have his photo taken with the new baby! Now in my case.......no one even asks me to hold Lilly and have a photo taken....so you see?????? Its all just a mystery!

It is not an issue of the picture. It is an issue of his not wanting to go ANYWHERE! He just wants to stay at home or go to his office...PERIOD! He will go to church as long as it is the normal Sunday worship service. Some medical issues as a result of all the prostate cancer surgeries, etc. do come into play when he has to go for a long time without a restroom, but, really, an hours drive with a rest area on the way and a hospital with a restroom every few feet!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I think I am going to bow out on the phone thing. Originally, when Lisa was going to put me on their plan, they were going to pay also. Now that would have been a great deal of help for me. I would have not had an I phone, but I really don't need that. I don't even have wireless capabilities in this house, so that entails more expense and techie stuff. I am tired of trying to get stuff done here as it is so the last thing I want is more "stuff" that someone has to help me with......! Sigh!

Anyway.......It was a nice thought, and I think their thoughts were right, its just more than I need to deal with right now. I just need a phone to have in the car and when the electric goes out.......LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
  • memex9 Said:

It is not an issue of the picture. It is an issue of his not wanting to go ANYWHERE! He just wants to stay at home or go to his office...PERIOD! He will go to church as long as it is the normal Sunday worship service. Some medical issues as a result of all the prostate cancer surgeries, etc. do come into play when he has to go for a long time without a restroom, but, really, an hours drive with a rest area on the way and a hospital with a restroom every few feet!

Ahhhhhh I get it...and truthfully I do understand. My friend Shirley and I were talking about that yesterday. I never want to go anywhere really. I would rather stay home most of the time. If I could, I guess I would become a hermit of sorts. Just going to the grocery store is a bid deal these days........if I can stop on the way home from work that is good, but once I get home I don't want to leave....I am very content in my house, puttering around, and just being very comfortable.

As for his prostate issues that makes sense to me......I guess some of us, are just really comfortable in our own spaces.....LOL I am thinking maybe he will decide to go as you said, when it is his idea.......! He he he he! I guess we all have our own comfort zones and boy has mine changed over the years. Me who was always the "social butterfly" going to parties, dinners, movies, shows, shopping, and was always ready to go anywhere....now I would just rather stay home. I wonder what that is??????? Is this just old age creeping up or what?????? lOL

Cathe...hope you get out with Carole today.....that will be fun.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to oakhills

Betsey, since I am one of the younger grams, I do not have a smart phone and as long as I can text and get pictures from my daughters thats all I need on my phone. Now the wireless thing comes in handy when you want to move things around. No matter where you put your printer all your gagets will print from it. And you do not have to have a wireless thingy set up for your printer to work. (at least mine didnt) your computer or lap top just need to beable to hook up to wireless. And that works with the CD that should of came with your printer. Unless you have a dinasour computer. All our computers are hooked up to our wireless printer in the house. We do have a wireless internet here cause of the lap tops we have (we have 4 but only two in use).

Its cold here 32 degrees outside but slightly cloudy. of course there is no rain or snow here. The weather man said it will nice till next friday. Now we have been known to get snow in April here so there is still a chance for some white stuff around here.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

One more day and my little boy will be 18. Then all my children will be adults. I am so ready to have my house to myself. I told all my children that I am not allowing any kids to move back in anymore. I am to old to deal with all the drama and the loud noises of the kids and having to put all my things away so little hands do not touch or break things.

Its accually not my age but my mind set I think. I did not move back into my parents house after I had children, I would not do that to them.

Dh and I have been looking for a place in the town he works in. He wants to beable to garden and I want a craft room and a big kitchen and master bath. We saw a few places but they may be rented by the time we decide to move. At least we know they are out there.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics