Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-16-13 11:55 AM
In response to charK

ANN I hope you have a nice visit with your cousin. I can only imagine how emotional it will be. I always cry when I see my Aunts, my mom's sisters. It's a shame we never realize when we are young how important those relationships are with extended family members.

I have 2 cousins that I was close to and have tried endlessly to get them into the family again for holidays and such. One is NOT interested at all. The other has health issues she uses as an excuse. Her own Dad keeps after me to keep inviting her. Her dd loves to come see her cousins. She was so cute the first time she came over. She hugged all her cousins and danced around.

Enjoy the day and do take some pictures.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-16-13 11:56 AM
In response to charK

CATHE good luck painting!! I am a sick person who LOVES to paint!! We will be painting both the girls rooms soon. When it warms up a bit to open the windows!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Ann how nice you are having a visit from your cousin! I hope the weather is cooperating.

Betsey, guess what???? i got the episodes of Downton Abbey today! Now that was fast! Didn't I only order it yesterday, or was it Monday!? It says approx. 15 hours on 6 discs.

It sounds like I am missing many good shows after reading all the chatter here! Tom Selleck???? I guess I have missed the show Blue Blood too!

Now myself, I think George Clooney is rather dreamy! Sigh!

Usually when I have the television on, I am reading or knitting or crocheting!

It's even more obvious now...you are just not a TV watcher......what about movies???? Do you go to movies/??? Rent????? Watch on TV.????? I am a movie fan and have been my entire life.as was my Mother. She and I went to the movies a lot when my Dad was out of town....he thought movies a waste of time....along with big jigsaw puzzles. He was a hard man! His reading always consisted of something connect to work. He was very driver, and very successful in that area of his life.

Anyway........Blue Bloods is about an Irish Family in Boston, whereelse???? into the third or fourth generaltion of Law Enforcement. I love this show.....am glad it's still on....this is the third season I believe. I truly love the family side to this drama.......and Tom Selleck is a wonderful Patriarc. I love the man that plays his Father. I really just love the whole show. He (Tom) is as good looking old as he was young as far as I am concerned. LOL And this is a perfect part for him at this age......He has the greatest facial expressions.........I truly love him. So Tish....you can have George Clooney.....he is a short good looking guy full of himself......and not my type at all. Now Tom Selleck??????? That's more my style.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

• charK Said:
CATHE good luck painting!! I am a sick person who LOVES to paint!! We will be painting both the girls rooms soon. When it warms up a bit to open the windows!

Me too Char....I have painted every inch of this house at least once and three rooms twice....in the 10 years I have lived here. I have never lived in a house or apartment that I did not paint the walls......in every room at some time or another. I also wallpaper......in fact, when Karen was younger....when Matt and Mandy were babies and she was a "single Mom" we both worked for my friends who were painters. Had their own business. I did tons of wallpaper for him, and painted too....for serious money! In the 80's there was a real housing boom in our area....and he had so much work, that he hired Karen and I, in fact told us we could work any hours if we would just come to work for him. So we did.....I learned a lot about painting......!!!! He was a Union Painter from Detroit, and had gone all through apprenticships so knew how to paint a room. He taught both of us to do trim and cut in with a four inch brush. Hardly anyone knows how to do that anymore.........! Anyway....Painting is something I have always done even before I knew how. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
Jo, so glad to hear from you. My neighbor had something like you describe...no temp. but laryngitis and coughing. She's a nurse, and like my daughter, does not go to the doctor unless at death's door so I think she's just waiting til it runs its course. This is her second week and her voice in back but the coughing is still with her.

Cathe, I am in awe of you and others who do their own painting. I have never tackled that for anything as large as a wall, etc.

The freezing rain has stopped and it is 35 degrees so some of the ice is beginning to melt. I am waiting for another call from my cousin to let me know what time she will be here.

bbl

Ann.,,,,,I did not grow up with parents who did that kind of work either.....neither of them painted, gardened, or any of that stuff. If they needed something done they hired someone to do it. I, on the other hand, was married at 19, my husband was still in college, we lived in married housing, which was built after WWII for the GI's married housing...so it was rough! I had no idea how to do any of that, but many of us would get together and paint, wallpaper, sew, or whatever to help each other. Anyway...that's how it started....and from then on, I always did it myself, just did not want to spend the money to hire someone to do what I could do, and kind of liked doing. I loved the feeling after it was all done and I did it myself. Anyway.....I was never married to any man who was very handy around the house.....they could fix cars and lawnmowers etc.....but not carpentry or painting....so little by little I just learned either by trial and error, or having someone show me how to do something. Needless to say I have had several disasters over the years, but nothing that could not be fixed with more paint, sand paper or fabric. And now with all the DIY stuff on TV.....it's wonderful. I could not believe they devoted a whole entire channel to Home and Garden stuff! I love it! I think it was just last year that I helped Karen paint her bathroom......and we all painted the outside of my house, using three different colors......and it turned out great. Even let the youngest granddaughters paint....they had a blast.....!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

In fact here is a page I did of my youngest granddaughter painting my house......she had a great time......and did a pretty good job, although my garden hose is still covered with paint spotches....but it makes me smile when I see it and remember how excited she was that i was going to let her paint.

Wet Paint By Memex9

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 01:22 PM
In response to charK

Well, Char, I was going to say you or anyone could borrow mine after I watch, but at the rate I do things, it might me a year or two!!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 02:28 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:
Ann how nice you are having a visit from your cousin! I hope the weather is cooperating.

Betsey, guess what???? i got the episodes of Downton Abbey today! Now that was fast! Didn't I only order it yesterday, or was it Monday!? It says approx. 15 hours on 6 discs.

It sounds like I am missing many good shows after reading all the chatter here! Tom Selleck???? I guess I have missed the show Blue Blood too!

It's even more lobvious now...you are just not a TV watcher......what about movies???? Do you go to movies/??? Rent????? Watch on TV.????? I am a movie fan and have been my entire life.as was my Mother. She and I went to the movies a lot when my Dad was out of town....he thought movies a waste of time....along with big jigsaw puzzles. He was a hard man! His reading always consisted of something connect to work. He was very driver, and very successful in that area of his life.

Anyway........Blue Bloods is about an Irish Family in Boston, whereelse???? into the third or fourth generaltion of Law Enforcement. I love this show.....am glad it's still on....this is the third season I believe. I truly love the family side to this drama.......and Tom Selleck is a wonderful Patriarc. I love the man that plays his Father. I really just love the whole show. He (Tom) is as good looking old as he was young as far as I am concerned. LOL And this is a perfect part for him at this age......He has the greatest facial expressions.........I truly love him. So Tish....you can have George Clooney.....he is a short good looking guy full of himself......and not my type at all. Now Tom Selleck??????? That's more my style.

Betsey! Guess what? You can have both Tom Selleck and George Clooney! All I want is Josh Lucas! Now he would be MY type if I were young and single! I think he is handsome!!!!! Sigh, be still my heart!

You are right, I guess I am not a big television watcher. I am not sure why or when this came about? I love movies, but we do not rent. There was a time when we used to rent the VCR movies. Now I either buy DVD's or watch on Television, or Netflix. I have been a big movie star buff ever since I was old enough to get magazines like Photoplay, Modern Screen (years ago) They do not publish the magazines now!

I have decided to make an effort to get up to date on some of the shows you and the others mention

So what do I do, I start watching a silly reality show on TLC afternoons called Four Weddings!!!!!! .

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

hello gang.

Jo-glad you checked in. Sure hope the z pack helps this time. There is something to be said for having a Dr. for a long time. I don't look forward to the day mine retires. Anyway, stay in bed and rest up.

Ann-hope the cousin got there without any trouble on the roads.

Tish- I was wrong, the ceiling paint goes on pink and turns white. i didn't get it though. I called Doug about it and he said he never used it. It only came in a white white and I wanted a slightly off white.

Di- Tom Selleck---still hunky. I do like George too. I loved him in One Fine Day. I don't think that movie rated well at the time, but I liked it.

Char I don't know what I am thinking painting in the winter. I've NEVER painted in the winter. Since I taught and had most of the summer off, I always painted something in the summer. It is too cold to open windows and doors. What am I thinking?

Did the prepwork today so I guess I'll start painting the ceiling tomorrow. I don't like painting ceilings.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

om my fb page, there is a photo of 2 girls in bathing caps behind a chain link fence. That is one of my cousins and me. Also on my fb page are two of my cousins and me with the sock monkey. I loved my time with my cousins. I'm so sorry Casey and Doug didn't have close cousins to play with.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:

It's even more lobvious now...you are just not a TV watcher......what about movies???? Do you go to movies/??? Rent????? Watch on TV.????? I am a movie fan and have been my entire life.as was my Mother. She and I went to the movies a lot when my Dad was out of town....he thought movies a waste of time....along with big jigsaw puzzles. He was a hard man! His reading always consisted of something connect to work. He was very driver, and very successful in that area of his life.

Betsey! Guess what? You can have both Tom Selleck and George Clooney! All I want is Josh Lucas! Now he would be MY type if I were young and single! I think he is handsome!!!!! Sigh, be still my heart!

You are right, I guess I am not a big television watcher. I am not sure why or when this came about? I love movies, but we do not rent. There was a time when we used to rent the VCR movies. Now I either buy DVD's or watch on Television, or Netflix. I have been a big movie star buff ever since I was old enough to get magazines like Photoplay, Modern Screen (years ago) They do not publish the magazines now!

I have decided to make an effort to get up to date on some of the shows you and the others mention

So what do I do, I start watching a silly reality show on TLC afternoons called Four Weddings!!!!!! .

Nope...don't watch that one......its on when I get home......somehow weddings just don't do it for me...... But that's why all these shows are on.......people have all different kinds of taste. I just read a Nora Roberts book, but generally just can't read her stuff......this one, was really good, had a real interesting plot that did not revolve around sex. And...it was in the part of Maryland that I love....southern Maryland on the Bay....where watermen live and work and it used to be a rural, blue collar area, that has turned into a very upper class little town of St. Michaels. I loved it years ago before the wealthy found it and built there. Anyway...its a story about an old Maryland family of watermen and boat builders...real wood boats......anyway I loved that...but her books generally I am not fond of. I did just read a James Patterson book.....You've Been Warned! Loved it.....don't think its very new...but a good one. My friend Shirley brings me nice books from the Hospice Store from time to time...I think it was one of those.

I am off to the shower.......cleaned my kitchen sink, used lime away around the faucet and drains......and it sure looks nice now...those lime deposits are a PIA.

I am trying to find a photo and paper for our challenge....not having much luck.....I am having trouble finding paper in different shades of one color that match a photo. This is waaaaaaay harder than it looks. LOL

Edited by memex9 on 01-16-13 03:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Actually I adore him too, but he is the age of my grandson........at least George and Tom are not boys......they are younger than I am, but not enough to be weird. I alway got the creepies when I saw Demi Moore...and that kid...what the heck is his name/??? I mean what a strange and weird combination. She really does not want to grow old I guess....I am sorry for her...she does not know what she is missing......... I would pick Bruce Willis over that kid she married any day. Most of it(aging I mean) is NOT awful......just some of these parts after 70......he he he he he he he!!!! But again....to each his own.......it just gives me the "willies"!!!!!!!!

Edited by memex9 on 01-16-13 03:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 04:19 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Actually I adore him too, but he is the age of my grandson........at least George and Tom are not boys......they are younger than I am, but not enough to be weird. I alway got the creepies when I saw Demi Moore...and that kid...what the heck is his name/??? I mean what a strange and weird combination. She really does not want to grow old I guess....I am sorry for her...she does not know what she is missing......... I would pick Bruce Willis over that kid she married any day. Most of it(aging I mean) is NOT awful......just some of these parts after 70......he he he he he he he!!!! But again....to each his own.......it just gives me the "willies"!!!!!!!!

That kid...Ashton Kutcher! I agree with uou...however he and Demi Moore parted ways about a year ago and he is now married to Jessica Beil.

Oh do not misunderstand me....I just think Josh Lucas is a nice looking guy...i would not be drooling over anyone at my age (except hubby!) lol, but I find his looks attractive!

I have only watched Four Weddings twice. definitely not a fave! Just a time waster until suppertime!

Edited by Tishd on 01-16-13 04:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Betsey the young guy she married was Ashton Krutcher -spelling???. I thought it was a strange pairing.

Betsey did you ever go out to the stamping store on the internet called red lead paper works? They have some cool vintage collage papers. I may order one, but didn't check the postage. Now I want to go to St. Louis and go to their store.

Cheryl than I could zip down and meet you!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 04:21 PM

Cathe, I was thinking today that you and Cheryl are not that far apart!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 04:23 PM

I did not have any cousins growing up! Big regret! My children and my grandchildren have many cousins and cherish the times they spend together.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-16-13 04:48 PM

Jessica Biel is married to Justin Timberlake!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 05:18 PM
In response to charK

Oops, yes, Char, you are right! Brain cramp! And I knew this!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 06:53 PM
In response to Tishd

Guess I need to put my tired mind and body to bed and read awhile. Night, night. Talk to you in the morning after Betsey makes my coffee!!!

Don't forget my chocolate coconut donuts!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 06:56 PM
In response to charK

• charK Said:
ANN I hope you have a nice visit with your cousin. I can only imagine how emotional it will be. I always cry when I see my Aunts, my mom's sisters. It's a shame we never realize when we are young how important those relationships are with extended family members.

I have 2 cousins that I was close to and have tried endlessly to get them into the family again for holidays and such. One is NOT interested at all. The other has health issues she uses as an excuse. Her own Dad keeps after me to keep inviting her. Her dd loves to come see her cousins. She was so cute the first time she came over. She hugged all her cousins and danced around.

Enjoy the day and do take some pictures.

Char, I found a long lost cousin of mine when I was in my 60's. Cousin Chuck from Virginia Beach. I had never met him. It was such a joy to meet him and his wife, Marge. She passed away of cancer about 3 - 4 years ago.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics