Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 03:55 PM
In response to scrappin 2

• scrappin 2 Said:
  • Tishd Said:
Oh, actually Tim was in sports broadcasting for a bit in his earlier years. He worked for the AM Station in Maine WZON (Stephen Kings station). It paid tiddly winks though so he was forced into getting real jobs! LOL

Years and years ago I read a fiction that was about a radio broadcaster and his fall from fame. It was a sad story. I know the radio personalities don't make much money. I wonder what our tv announcers make.

Cathe probably the ones on national television make good money, but I doubt our local tv and radio announcers make all that much!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 04:07 PM
In response to oakhills

Ann,

What a nice hubby! I LOVE hubby's that cook! Mine did for awhile when I worked. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to anymore. I say that with a smile.

I always get the 50 mg. of benadryl along with some other meds before the infusion. It does make me very sleepy too, but like Lara, I tend to just close my eyes and not really sleep because as you say, all the machines beeping and the blood pressure cuff inflating!

I sometimes wonder why their benadryl makes me sleepier than the benadryl I take here in the evening!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 04:10 PM

• scrappin 2 Said:
Rum and I looked at microwaves. Of course he has to come home and research them to death. I think we have it down to a Whirlpool either at Sears or Lowe's. We always try to buy local from a guy Rum played baseball with. However he was $100 higher than at Lowe's, but the model # was different. So hard to compare. Meanwhile I miss being able to microwave.

My carpet might not be installed on Wed. It hasn't arrived yet at the store. Steve (my salesperson that reminds me so much of the dad on the tv show The Middle) said they had an ice storm in Georgia and that might have delayed it. OH @!!!%&***

I am guilty of comparing items before I buy too, Cathe! It doesn't make me that much smarter about the item, but I still do it.

My last microwave came from Walmart. Guess why? Allen went by himself to pick out one.

It definitely is not my favorite, but it will do!

Oh no on your carpet...! Did I see you curse????

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 04:15 PM

• scrappin 2 Said:
Ann how nice of Audie to cook.

Betsey I too feel so badly for David and Karen. I'll pray for a miracle.

Tish is there an app for free books for the Ipad?

Cathe, I think if you look on your Ipad, you will see on icon that looks like a bookcase, that is apple's ebooks. You have to go up in the corner and click on store once you open it. I am not sure if there are free ones. I will check tonight.

You can download free books to go to your app like Cheryl does by going to Amazon.com. When you get the kindle section up on amazon..someplace it asks you where to download the book. You have some options...It will say download to my Kindle, or my Ipad. Since you do not have a Kindle, you would choose IPAD. I wish I could talk you through this.

Some day when I get ambitious, I will call you and show you how to get on facetime on your IPAD and then I think I can talk you through features on the IPAD.

Note I said I think!!!!!!! I am not that good at explaining. I am more of a hands on and learn that way!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 04:21 PM
In response to memex9

Betsey, this site has been acting very wacky. I just posted something and it appeared in with yours and Ann's and I can't remember what or who else. I deleted it...It was a big old mess!

I like the small local hardware stores myself. Guess what? We have ACE hardware in Waterville. We often show as local as we can. By local, I mean Unity ( 5 miles ). They have a nice hardware store owned by nice people. True they are a bit higher but again we do not have to use as much gas to get there. We also have an Amish Hardware store in Unity now. Very nice. The last time I went in, I was with my daughter in law, Lisa and daughter Julie. We bought some apples, gourds, tomatoes etc, and I started to pay with my debit card and he said, sorry we don't take plastic! lol....I borrowed the money from Lisa until I got home. Not sure why I didn't write out a check.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 04:23 PM
In response to Tishd

I guess I was watching the football game last night and missed Downtown Abbey. I actually want to watch the series 1 and 2 on the DVD before I get into Part 3. Do you think that is what I should do, or can I just start watching season 3 and go back to season 1 and 2?

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Tishd

Good news from here. Dad does NOT have cancer! The doc said his platelet count is really okay, not low. The reason it was showing low is because his blood is clumping and the machine wasn't counting the platelets correctly. When the doc did it through the microscope...they are fine! That was wonderful news.

ALSO...at 1:02 this afternoon, by c-section, Griffyn Gerytt was born weighing 8 pounds. He is 20 1/2 inches long. His middle name is pronounced (Garrett) but my dd and sil have a thing for weird spellings! Lol. What can I say!! Kari wanted a letter Y in both his first and middle names because Greyden's is that way. Kari is not getting along so well tonight. Pain is pretty intense and she is allergic to the pain killer they gave her. I hope she can get some sleep tonight.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 05:32 PM
In response to bears99

Congratulations Grammie on your new bouncing baby grandson! i love his name. Griffyn Gareyt. I don't think I spelled his middle name correctly! I am so glad to hear your dads platelet count is fine!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Ann,

What a nice hubby! I LOVE hubby's that cook! Mine did for awhile when I worked. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to anymore. I say that with a smile.

I always get the 50 mg. of benadryl along with some other meds before the infusion. It does make me very sleepy too, but like Lara, I tend to just close my eyes and not really sleep because as you say, all the machines beeping and the blood pressure cuff inflating!

I sometimes wonder why their benadryl makes me sleepier than the benadryl I take here in the evening!!!

The stew was tasty and he made cornbread to eat with it. He enjoys cooking and since his office was closed for MLK day, he had time to do it.

The benadryl that Lara got was in IV form so it was in her system quicker. Do you get IV or a pill?

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

Jo, you had a good news day and no one deserves one more! So glad to hear the report on your dad. Is he on blook thinners to keep the blood from clumping so bad? And congratulations on the new grandson! One thing for such, any personalized items for him will truly be PERSONALIZED with their spelling of his name!

Betsey, quesadillas sound good. I am trying to come up with different menus for meals for Lara and that is something I haven't done.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 07:41 PM
In response to oakhills

Ann, my premeds are put in via infusion now, for the very reason you said. Your stew and cornbread sound wonderful.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to oakhills

Josie - WONDERFUL news about your dad!!! So happy to hear that the baby is here and doing well. Hope Kari is able to get some sleep.

Tish - The IV Benadryl works MUCH faster than the pill form. I assume they are giving it to you that way instead of the pill.

I am off to read and speaking of Benadryl need to go take my Tylenol PM. I usually take it at 9:30

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

Little Laynie's paternal grandfather is in serious condition tonight and on his way to Oschner's Hospital in New Orleans (5 hours away). He has a rare lung disorder called Alpha 1. The drugs he has to take for the Alpha 1 has destroyed his liver and it causes ammonia to build in his body. He becomes disoriented and today it was so bad he could not walk or talk. He is 58 years old. While they were waiting for medical transport to New Orleans, his wife's brother died from a stroke. This family is having more than their share of sadness right now. Please remember the Whitlock family in your prayers.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

I put Gone Girl on my 'hold' list at my library...big system but they have only 150 copies and I'm somewhere around 800 on the waiting list. oh well... lots more books to read in the meantime.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

Ann; that's a long day for both of you... yiippee for Audie.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bears99

woohoo Josie.. it's a banner day for you all.

So glad your dad is ok and Baby Griffyn is born and healthy. Hope your dd gets the pain under control.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
Little Laynie's paternal grandfather is in serious condition tonight and on his way to Oschner's Hospital in New Orleans (5 hours away). He has a rare lung disorder called Alpha 1. The drugs he has to take for the Alpha 1 has destroyed his liver and it causes ammonia to build in his body. He becomes disoriented and today it was so bad he could not walk or talk. He is 58 years old. While they were waiting for medical transport to New Orleans, his wife's brother died from a stroke. This family is having more than their share of sadness right now. Please remember the Whitlock family in your prayers.

Gosh; such bad news for one family. Prayers said.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Betsey; the way you describe what has happened to the housing market there is sad. There has to be a lot of people in the same upside down situation.

I too have an Ace hardware store close to me.. love it. It is two miles away and the Lowes is 5. I stop at Ace for smaller stuff.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

I will finish cleaning my sewing room/spare bedroom tonight...woohoo. Tomorrow is my desk and paper work.. and have a mammo scheduled for the afternoon.

ni ni

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • oakhills Said:

Gosh; such bad news for one family. Prayers said.

Ann...will be praying. So sad.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics