Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Sunnydi
Governor
Sunnydi
In response to Jojo Noons

• Jojo Noons Said:
I'm in trouble!!!!! HUBBY CAME HOME WITH A BRUSH HOG!!!!!!!! I'll be busy buying heavy chicken wire to put around the perrenials!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what that is; so much research it.

Sounds dangerous (to the plants)..

Tishd
Tishd 
Queen
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-02-13 12:53 PM
In response to oakhills

Ann, whew, I thought it was me! The very same thing has happened to me this afternoon. The normal way I go in, it took me back to 1-11-08. Very weird.

To come in, the only way was to go to the Forums, drop down to Critique Groups, find us, and then here I am. I have even changed my password.

Now what is happening!!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Queen
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-02-13 12:55 PM
In response to Jojo Noons

• Jojo Noons Said:
I'm in trouble!!!!! HUBBY CAME HOME WITH A BRUSH HOG!!!!!!!! I'll be busy buying heavy chicken wire to put around the perrenials!!!!!!!!!

Thundering and getting very dark! Allen just went out to take care of the car and truck windows!

OH OH!!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Queen
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-02-13 12:57 PM
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • oakhills Said:
Tried to get back here in the usual way...My Account, Forum Info, etc. Now it starts with the date of the first forum I EVER did on this site way back in 2005. Never did get to the end of the list and today's date. I went to drop down menu for Forums and then My Favorite Topics. This one takes you to the last post on the forum and you have to scroll back to find where you were the last time you read!

The site is having problems today. When I go into "My Forumn Posts" I only get ones from 2006.

Others are having gthe same problem and Megan is aware of it... so I read.

had my hair cut today and now need to do some chores.

Glad to hear Megan is aware Di. Well my dear, I am not sure what a Bush Hog is either so will ask Allen. I am sure it is a big thing that wipes out much brush and bushes at once! Much more dangerous than the weed wacker!!!!!!!!!!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

am back from the ortho doctor who took xrays. He said it is osteoarthritis in my knee. He did not see any tears. He gave me a cortisone shot into the knee and said I should be good as new in a couple of days. If I am not better in a week, to call and they will do an MRI just to make sure a small tear that can't be seen on a regular xray is there. He said my knee is stable. He suggested I start out riding my bike to exercise my knee and then I can gradually start my Couch to 5K program again. Also recommended Glucosamine Condrontin supplement for bone and joint health. This is something I will have to live with and might require injections from time to time.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Tish and Betsey - There are some songs of Taylor Swift's that I like and some I do not. My daughter's age group (18) LOVE her. I do NOT like Justin Beiber and neither does my daughter. I think the even younger set tend to like him (13-16). I am a BIG country fan. I like a variety. I love the old country music and the new. My favorite group right now if Lady Antebellum.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to cdjohnson

I have my favs in music, Aretha, Gladys Night, Freddy Fender, Elvis, Tom Jones, Johnny Cash, Tammy Wynette, and just a huge LONG list. Country, RnB, some Rock, Easy listening, boy just way to many to mention. There are just two I do not listen to and that is HipHop(RAP), and Heavy Metal.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 08-02-13 02:52 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Yep Cheryl...that sounds all too familiar! Running is really not good for the knees and hips. Did he suggest swimming at all??

Hope the shot works and you feel better.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
I just said when I COULD GO June 2014-Nov 2014.. before or after that I will be way to busy.

PLease explain.....I obviously missed something. What is the problem....you need to tell me what the problem is, either in a PM or in here. In a pM I will definitely see it, but in here it's possible to miss it....did I misread something????? Now I am confused. I still have all of the PMS and I will re-read yours to see what you said. If I misread, or something you need to let me know!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • Jojo Noons Said:

I have no idea what that is; so much research it.

Sounds dangerous (to the plants)..

It's actually called a Bush Hog here in the south, never heard it called Brush...but the same thing I am sure. I big piece of equipment to mow down heavy brush.....areas, to much for a regular lawn mower. That is what they use on the sides of highways, etc......so it kind of makes sense to me, that he would need that to keep the roads clear....since they are obviously not paved....they will grow heavy brush I am sure, just like the sides....and with all of the rrain JO is having this year...I think its hard to keep it cut right!!!!!

Now if you can keep him out of the perrenials....that will be a good thing!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Been to Karens to see Lilly who was sleeping, so I went to the grocery store instead. Why did I do that at this time of night???? OMG well it was a bit earlier, but even so, Friday night at Publix, only kids working, busy with all the people from work shopping for the weekend.....I needed a few things.....which totaled almost $100 and filled five bags......explain this to me. I don't understand. I used to fill 10 bags for about $70 or less. Not that long ago. And get this, I bought NO MEAT!!!!! Sigh!

I am home, have a cute photo of Lilly that her new babysitter took on her first day......too cute. She already made a tie-dye shirt.....for babies, like Lilly who sit, crawl stand, she has those clamp on high chairs that clamp to the play table for kids, and she sat there like she was three and did tie dye in a zip lock bag......soooo cute.! I already like this gal.....she takes pictures of these kids for the parents so they don't miss a thing. I am impressed. Now if we can just get rid of the JERK life will be good.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

That chondroitin stuff really works. I took that for a long time for my hands, and seriously it went away for a couple of years.......The only problem with it is that it contains a lot of calcium which then becomes a problem for osteo.......oh c r a p...you know the bone disease....so then I stopped taking it when Doc told me I had the beginnings of that......however at your age that should not be an issue I wouldn't think. Glad you are getting proper treatment, at least it sounds like it to me. The shot will work, I will bet! It worked like a charm on my heel.....I still do the exercises just as preventative, and wear things in all my shoes now, and I don't go barefooted nearly as much as I used to. In fact hardly ever....although I am sitting here right now without shoes. LOL Glad to hear you are on the mend.....by tomorrow or the next day you should feel waaaaaay better!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Bush Hog....can be its own mower type thing, or a part that fits some riding mowers that cuts all big brush, that a mower can't cut. They are very cool. And wipe out an area that would take a day by hand in about an hour. Here's the link!!!!!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site =imghp&t...

Tishd
Tishd 
Queen
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-02-13 04:07 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Been to Karens to see Lilly who was sleeping, so I went to the grocery store instead. Why did I do that at this time of night???? OMG well it was a bit earlier, but even so, Friday night at Publix, only kids working, busy with all the people from work shopping for the weekend.....I needed a few things.....which totaled almost $100 and filled five bags......explain this to me. I don't understand. I used to fill 10 bags for about $70 or less. Not that long ago. And get this, I bought NO MEAT!!!!!
I am home, have a cute photo of Lilly that her new babysitter took on her first day......too cute. She already made a tie-dye shirt.....for babies, like Lilly who sit, crawl stand, she has those clamp on high chairs that clamp to the play table for kids, and she sat there like she was three and did tie dye in a zip lock bag......soooo cute.! I already like this gal.....she takes pictures of these kids for the parents so they don't miss a thing. I am impressed. Now if we can just get rid of the JERK life will be good.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Well Jojo....by now you are sewing on denim.....not a relaxing thing for me, but who knows...it may be just the ticket for you. Maybe getting away from your work/home and just doing something different will be just what you need. I hope so anyway.

You did have a day....that's for sure!!!!

I......(sound the trumpets) emptied three storage boxes in my scrap room, sorted my scrap box, threw away a ton of scraps, and other stuff, and am moving right along to de-cluttering this room.....well what de-clutter is to me.......anyway. ( Will probably make the rest of you crazy, but for me, it will be less). I often wonder if there is really a room big enough for my scrapbook clutter!!!!! ROFL

I will say, however, the rest of my house is pretty good......Yes I have stuff but it is on shelves, displays well, and while it's more than a lot of you probably have sitting around, It's good for me. I love being and using old stuff that I have accumulated over the years. Right now, whats wrong in the scrap room is that it is the room of shelves and windows....therefore it just looks really cluttered, and it is! If I had walls and could get some of this stuff off of the floor, life would be better. LOL

It did not rain today.......I feel good that my scraps are sorted, bagged and that I threw a lot away......!

I also ran the vac, found the big spider, in the bath tub, and he is now floating in the sewer system......along with the other debris. LOL

I fee, ever so much better...although my friend Shirley told me they are called housekeeping spiders...and eat all the other bugs, like ants, lizards, palmetto bugs......so maybe I should have just left him alone......!!!! (Yeah....right, like I could even do that and sleep at night!).....I will sleep well tonight I think.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:
Been to Karens to see Lilly who was sleeping, so I went to the grocery store instead. Why did I do that at this time of night???? OMG well it was a bit earlier, but even so, Friday night at Publix, only kids working, busy with all the people from work shopping for the weekend.....I needed a few things.....which totaled almost $100 and filled five bags......explain this to me. I don't understand. I used to fill 10 bags for about $70 or less. Not that long ago. And get this, I bought NO MEAT!!!!!

If you wrote anything in your reply, it did not come through!!!! If you are on the I pad, that may be the problem......! Just curious.....nothing here!!!! LOL

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Betsey - We refer to them as bush hogs also. I had to ask Karyol if brush hog and bush hog were the same thing which he answered "of course". You don't know if you don't ask, right? Yes, I think the shot is what I needed all along.

Char - Yes, he did say that water exercises would be good, suggested bicycling and then back to walking/running. He said the Couch to 5K is a good program but I probably do not need to progress as fast as the program says. He suggested doing each week twice before moving on and starting completely over when I do.

Sunnydi
Governor
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

Evening... I was just chatting with Cathe on FB... she did not forget her 'good clothes' haha. Wedding is 3 p.m. tomorrow.

I got our dining room cleanup up today: whew...

It was a huge huge mess and I'm glad it's back to normal.

Now onto the spare room as it got junked up when doing the bedroom....... I hate that I make such a mess sometimes.

Tish: i laughed when Allen said he might make that log a centerpiece on your kitchen table (FB comment)...

Betsey; thanks for the pics of a Bush HOG. looks serious and bye bye perennials.

ni ni all.

Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons
In response to cdjohnson

Yes, a BUSH HOG!! big huge mower thingy-majiggy...anyway it's here and Hubbby picked it up to do our north forty... That is why I'm diving like an idiot over my perrenials.... then again MAYBE THAT's not a good idea!!

I didn't go and sew denim...I feel bad, but there were things to be done here...I found blueberries and plenty of em...and I ended up booking Cabin3 for this weekend at 5:30 this evening....so, it is what it is. I will be there many other times helping...as it turned out...Wild Bill went to pick Hannah up and the farm driveway was packed with cars and people...for 4H. Mrs. Joyce decided to turn this "Denim sewing flash mob" into an all night event, so Hannah and her friends are having a sleep over. I think we'll probably do the same when the kids come here to do scrapbooks!!! Hey what more fun than to have a massive sleep over in a campground!!!!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Apparently Cathe will go wherever we decide to go......Now that we know Rum is all for it....she will be going no matter where it is!!!!

So Cathe, if you don't want to try and make any further decisions, that's ok.......we will just send the itinerary to Rum.....and he will make sure you get where you need to be!

Ha ha u are so funny....it is all true. Lol

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics