Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

Glad there is free wifi here at the hotel. As Di said we caught each other on fb..also talked to Tish.

Just saying hi. I am tired. I saw the e
Results. Don't most cruises leave from fl unless they go to Mexico?

Not sur what we r doing before the wedding. We thought we would be cl
One to Roses but it was a dood 30 min down the road. Nev a

Nev wants to go shopping, her mom calls her a little Cathe lol I feel bad that Rayn is stuck at roses without her cousins or much to do. But I couldn't offer to take her and not Kian. Poor little Kian he wanted to go home.

Good night

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2

Forgive my typing I am watching a Jackie chan movie....rums choice and trying to type

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson

Cathe - I didn't realize you would be on tonight.

I watched a movie by Tyler Perry called Tempation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor. His movies always have such meaning embedded in them and are so down to earth. I LOVE them!

I have to get my parents' dog from the kennel in the morning and take him to their house. They have been in Branson and the kennel will not be open when they get back. I think Karyol and I are going to a tractor pull and flea market in a nearby town if it is not raining and my knee is up to it. I'll try to check in when I can. Have a great weekend!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Teia, Jojo, Cheryl, and Jo...did not put down any dates for which they are absolutely not available...so if you know of some, now is the time to let me know please!!!!!

I still do not know about the European thing....but hopefully that will be in the spring or summer. Hopefully! Susan will retire this June....2014. So I am hoping, she will not want to do Fall of 2014.....if so, that will be a problem...not the dates more than likely, but the $$$$$ part. And while Doug is paying for the roundtrip air fare, maybe the hotel, I am not sure, and I will still need money.....so if both are in the same Fall....I may be in a bit of trouble, unless of course I hit the lottery.....in which case, we all go on me.!!!!!! ROFL

Sorry Betsey, I was responding to this post. I need to quote you I guess so there are no misunderstandings.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Jojo Noons

• Jojo Noons Said:
Yes, a BUSH HOG!! big huge mower thingy-majiggy...anyway it's here and Hubbby picked it up to do our north forty... That is why I'm diving like an idiot over my perrenials.... then again MAYBE THAT's not a good idea!!

I didn't go and sew denim...I feel bad, but there were things to be done here...I found blueberries and plenty of em...and I ended up booking Cabin3 for this weekend at 5:30 this evening....so, it is what it is. I will be there many other times helping...as it turned out...Wild Bill went to pick Hannah up and the farm driveway was packed with cars and people...for 4H. Mrs. Joyce decided to turn this "Denim sewing flash mob" into an all night event, so Hannah and her friends are having a sleep over. I think we'll probably do the same when the kids come here to do scrapbooks!!! Hey what more fun than to have a massive sleep over in a campground!!!!

Lets just hope its good weather lol

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 08-02-13 08:17 PM
In response to tneal40

Good evening.

dd finally arrived. I am going to my room and watch tv.

see ya in the morning.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

Good morning ladies.....coffee is ready.......it's almost 8:30 and no one else is up yet???? Shame, on all of us. LOL Ohhhhhh I am going to have real trouble getting back into getting up at 6-6:30 to go to work. Sigh! I would sell my first born child if I did not have to go to work this year. However, I doubt if anyone wants a 54year old man sooooo that's probably out of the question!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
  • Jojo Noons Said:
Yes, a BUSH HOG!! big huge mower thingy-majiggy...anyway it's here and Hubbby picked it up to do our north forty... That is why I'm diving like an idiot over my perrenials.... then again MAYBE THAT's not a good idea!!

I didn't go and sew denim...I feel bad, but there were things to be done here...I found blueberries and plenty of em...and I ended up booking Cabin3 for this weekend at 5:30 this evening....so, it is what it is. I will be there many other times helping...as it turned out...Wild Bill went to pick Hannah up and the farm driveway was packed with cars and people...for 4H. Mrs. Joyce decided to turn this "Denim sewing flash mob" into an all night event, so Hannah and her friends are having a sleep over. I think we'll probably do the same when the kids come here to do scrapbooks!!! Hey what more fun than to have a massive sleep over in a campground!!!!

Lets just hope its good weather lol

OK......I just did not understand your wording and did not realize that you were saying the months from June 2014 through November 2014 were all your first choice months, I took it to mean you were available June 2014 (first choice) and November 2014 second choice.

Obviously I have to redo the months thing, since three of you have now clarified their first, second and third choice. I will see if it makes any difference....but I do need a preference don't just say you are available certain months......!

I f you wish to change the months for you first, second or third choice, now is the time. Cathe only if you have other things in a month do you need to answer. If your dates that you have other plans are the same, just don't answer this!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Jojo.....sorry you did not make it to the denim sewing thingie!!!!! I am sure it would have been fun...and maybe just the diversion you needed. However, it appears that you got a late reservation and that is good too.

Let's assume we go on the cruise in October 2014 and it leaves from New Orleans. What airport will you fly out of???? And would it be possible for you to coordinate with Tish so you could fly together???? If so, let us both know...OK????

Cathe asked if all cruises to Mexico left from Florida. The answer is NO, there are many cruises that leave from New Orleans, Galveston, Texas, Long Beach, California, and Seattle (but they don't cruise the Gulf Of Mexico), They also leave from New York, and another place on the east coast. They leave from Tampa, and Miami, Ft. Lauderdale. The first cruise that Char found leaves from New Orleans, which I still think is the most fair since it is more in the middle of the US. The rest of us, other than Char, Jo, Diana,Teia are flying from the more eastern portion of the US, so I don't think a cruise from Florida is fair. Not only that, it does give anyone that wants to visit New Orleans before or after the cruise the option to do that. I am hoping that if enough of us, can get together and decide to do that as a group, before or after, maybe Diana will fly to meet us for that part of the trip. At least it is a possibility.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

This is exactly the cruise/tour I took in 2006. As you can see the price is great!!!!! It's the same ship I was on, the land tour is a bit different, but look at the price and what it includes. Amazing.

http://www.ymtvacations.com/tour/2014-alaska-crui se-can...

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-03-13 05:20 AM
In response to memex9

Well if you could talk spider talk and tell the thing to just eat the bad bugs and stay hidden from you and out of your bedroom all would be well.

Maybe he will be able to crawl back from the sewer system.

My biggest problem in my house is clutter. I hate to part with anything. That tends to be a problem! I have magazines stashed in a pile. I save them for Jill. I have booked coming out of the rafters and keep thinking, I should donate these or just give them away. I can't bear to do that. I have clothes I never ever wear. (need to either put them out for free down by the road) or get them to a consignment shop!

I do my housework in spurts! LOL...My bed is made and laundry is going in the washer. Now I am rewarding myself with computer time! I should ignore the computer for 6 straight hours and get more housework done.

Allen has a chair in his shop he said I could have to put a plant on outside. How nice! I have been talking about this for a month! First he says he thinks we have some in the upper attic, then he says he passed up a couple he could have had free! Aargh!

Now you would think I might go up in the attic and check myself, but I am afraid of ghosts, bats, mice......SPIDERS!!!!!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-03-13 05:23 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Good morning ladies.....coffee is ready.......it's almost 8:30 and no one else is up yet???? Shame, on all of us. LOL Ohhhhhh I am going to have real trouble getting back into getting up at 6-6:30 to go to work. Sigh! I would sell my first born child if I did not have to go to work this year. However, I doubt if anyone wants a 54year old man sooooo that's probably out of the question!

Betsey, you might be surprised at who might want a 54 year old good looking man like your son!!!!!! However, I doubt his wife and children would part with him!!!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-03-13 05:28 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:
Been to Karens to see Lilly who was sleeping, so I went to the grocery store instead. Why did I do that at this time of night???? OMG well it was a bit earlier, but even so, Friday night at Publix, only kids working, busy with all the people from work shopping for the weekend.....I needed a few things.....which totaled almost $100 and filled five bags......explain this to me. I don't understand. I used to fill 10 bags for about $70 or less. Not that long ago. And get this, I bought NO MEAT!!!!!
I am home, have a cute photo of Lilly that her new babysitter took on her first day......too cute. She already made a tie-dye shirt.....for babies, like Lilly who sit, crawl stand, she has those clamp on high chairs that clamp to the play table for kids, and she sat there like she was three and did tie dye in a zip lock bag......soooo cute.! I already like this gal.....she takes pictures of these kids for the parents so they don't miss a thing. I am impressed. Now if we can just get rid of the JERK life will be good.

If you wrote anything in your reply, it did not come through!!!! If you are on the I pad, that may be the problem......! Just curious.....nothing here!!!! LOL

Well I started to write something, and yes, was on IPAD, and then I said, nah, it would be boring so I will not say anything!

I think I was going to tell you that Vi's daughter, Lori, has run a day care for years and they do the most wonderful things with the children too. Cute, cute bunch. She posts pictures of them and things they do, winter, spring, summer and fall! Adorable!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-03-13 05:31 AM

• scrappin 2 Said:
Glad there is free wifi here at the hotel. As Di said we caught each other on fb..also talked to Tish.

Just saying hi. I am tired. I saw the e
Results. Don't most cruises leave from fl unless they go to Mexico?

Not sur what we r doing before the wedding. We thought we would be cl
One to Roses but it was a dood 30 min down the road. Nev a

Nev wants to go shopping, her mom calls her a little Cathe lol I feel bad that Rayn is stuck at roses without her cousins or much to do. But I couldn't offer to take her and not Kian. Poor little Kian he wanted to go home.

Good night

Cathe, I think Betsey already answered your question. I just wanted you to know that many many big cruise lines actually have a stop over at Bar Harbor, Maine too! I don't think any depart from Maine, but they do have Bar Harbor as a Port they stop at. Been there and have seen big cruise ships, Royal Caribbean. Just a tid bit! We have cruise's that leave out of New England too....

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-03-13 05:33 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
This is exactly the cruise/tour I took in 2006. As you can see the price is great!!!!! It's the same ship I was on, the land tour is a bit different, but look at the price and what it includes. Amazing.

http://www.ymtvacations.com/tour/2014-alaska-crui se-can...

Betsey, not that you asked..... but there is not way I would ever get on an Alaskan Tour without Allen. This is the
only cruise he said he would ever be interested in going on if he were to go on another cruise.

So we do not have to worry about him wanting to go with us out of New Orleans, Florida, or some other place I guess.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-03-13 05:34 AM
In response to Tishd

Good morning to all of you! Not ignoring anyone, but I do need to get this lazy butt moving this morning!!!!

Happy Saturday!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Well if you could talk spider talk and tell the thing to just eat the bad bugs and stay hidden from you and out of your bedroom all would be well.

Maybe he will be able to crawl back from the sewer system.

My biggest problem in my house is clutter. I hate to part with anything. That tends to be a problem! I have magazines stashed in a pile. I save them for Jill. I have booked coming out of the rafters and keep thinking, I should donate these or just give them away. I can't bear to do that. I have clothes I never ever wear. (need to either put them out for free down by the road) or get them to a consignment shop!

I do my housework in spurts! LOL...My bed is made and laundry is going in the washer. Now I am rewarding myself with computer time! I should ignore the computer for 6 straight hours and get more housework done.

Allen has a chair in his shop he said I could have to put a plant on outside. How nice! I have been talking about this for a month! First he says he thinks we have some in the upper attic, then he says he passed up a couple he could have had free! Aargh!

Now you would think I might go up in the attic and check myself, but I am afraid of ghosts, bats, mice......SPIDERS!!!!!!!!

OMG....NO Tish....you will never, ever be a picker!!!!! I would be up in that attic faster than the speed of light! You are so funny....you say you love this stuff, yet you want it delivered, cleaned, painted, sanded, and ready to use. Your kind of people, were my favorite customers........without you and yours, I would have never been able to do business. Did you see the chair we bought for a dollar, and the plant that Diana brought to Susan in the Chair....../??? I'll see if I can find the photo.....we did nothing to the chair, except carry it home from the yard sale.

Speaking of which......did any of us tell the story about the dining set........remember the one I found at a yard sale by Susan's house, the oak one, that I put a photo of one like it up on here!!!!! Anyway...in one of the Antique malls we went to......there is was!!!! It was exactly the same one....that they sold for $200. It was still beautiful! And of course we all oooooo'd and ahhhhhhhh'd over it......!!!! But now it was $700. All the person had to do was, move it into the shop, dust it off and put a price on it! Sigh1!!!!! That's the kind of stuff that still makes me want to be in that business.. The problem really is, that I would never find stuff like that here, in a hundred years. And you need to find at least one of those deals every couple of weeks.

I think I told you that Matthew took the big round oak table......and the roll top desk-top....hopefully he will use the table in his house.....and be able to sell the desk top.

He is not having the yard sale this weekend, I think next weekend. Hopefully!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-03-13 06:43 AM
In response to Tishd

No, I will never be a picker, I am too dainty! LOL, not really. Allen is a true picker. He gets into some of the dirtiest old barns. He stops at sales, gets to talking with the person running it and sometimes talks them into looking at things they never thought of selling.

Well I love old stuff, but like you said, I want it cleaned and ready for me to use! Allen was outside washing old milk bottles yesterday!

Oh I guess I am spoiled Betsey. I love going into the antique malls, but of course all is organized, and clean in those places or behind glass!

You and Allen would make millions together! LOL

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-03-13 06:46 AM
In response to Tishd

Oh, Allen would probably have a conniption fit if I walked out into the attic up over our kitchen...Old boards, I would probably come down through the ceiling! LOL..... Things aren't quite as dire as that, but we do not have attic's like people have in the newer homes. Ours is a true old attic. In fact, we even have a third story attic. That one is pretty clean.....meaning not much up there, just stuff we or the kids stored.

Always wanted to restore the attic over the kitchen for extra rooms......

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-03-13 06:49 AM
In response to Tishd

Allen used to find tons of stuff Betsey, not so much anymore. Either everyone has been picked to death, or they sell the contents of a house to someone with plenty of cash, or auction their stuff.

Business is nothing like it used to be.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics