Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to memex9

Betsey....that is almost the same Alaska cruise we took also...we were on the Carnival Spirit, but we took the inside passage tour. The stops in Alaska were the same but those in Canada were different. The one you posted looks great! I asked a "friend" in here on sb.com about cruises because she and her husband cruise a LOT. She sent me some advise on cruise lines and places to look for good prices and tours and such. I sent it all to Char. She did mention that anyone that does not have a passport probably should get started on getting one. Sometimes it takes a while. She also said that if you don't want to pay for the photo just stand in front of a plain background and take your own photo....have it printed for the $.15 or whatever and cut it to the size needed on the application! Roy and I had our photo taken at Walmart and had it done and ready to go while we were right there. It wasn't too much...can't remember exactly! Anyway.....all of that to say that the web site she suggested was vacationstogo I think! I haven't tried it yet.

Kari's in-laws showed up last night....they weren't coming until tonight and then called and said they would be here last night..for supper. We did have a 3 hour warning so we made some new recipes! lol We had sour cream chicken enchiladas, cucumber salad (after a trip to the garden), zucchini crisps, cinnamon roll swirl cake. Not sure what the plan is for today. I know that Kari was going to ask her MIL to help her pick the beans this morning but we have been getting rain all morning so guess that is out! Not sure what we are going to have for lunch....since all the food on the ranch is at my house...all I know for sure is that it will be here! lol Last night we talked my MIL into coming over. She had a good time I think We ask her often but usually she says no!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Tishd

hmmm....missing post. guess it will show up eventually! Guess I'll go check out that website that was suggested for finding places to go!...catch you all later!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:
This is exactly the cruise/tour I took in 2006. As you can see the price is great!!!!! It's the same ship I was on, the land tour is a bit different, but look at the price and what it includes. Amazing.

http://www.ymtvacations.com/tour/2014-alaska-crui se-can...

Betsey, not that you asked..... but there is not way I would ever get on an Alaskan Tour without Allen. This is the
only cruise he said he would ever be interested in going on if he were to go on another cruise.

So we do not have to worry about him wanting to go with us out of New Orleans, Florida, or some other place I guess.

Tish...I was not suggesting Alaska....the trip is pretty much set. Char is the tour director, she is finding cruises from New Orleans, and devising a way for us to have 2 or 3 days in NO before or after the cruise for those who care to, and in that way Diana may be able to join us for the NO portion of the trip.

I was only showing you the cruise/land tour I actually went on in 2006. The place we go is no longer up for discussion. Unless of course we can't find a cruise that all of us agree on.

You must have missed all of that!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
No, I will never be a picker, I am too dainty! LOL, not really. Allen is a true picker. He gets into some of the dirtiest old barns. He stops at sales, gets to talking with the person running it and sometimes talks them into looking at things they never thought of selling.

Well I love old stuff, but like you said, I want it cleaned and ready for me to use! Allen was outside washing old milk bottles yesterday!

Oh I guess I am spoiled Betsey. I love going into the antique malls, but of course all is organized, and clean in those places or behind glass!

You and Allen would make millions together! LOL

And thank God for all of the people like you. If not for that, there would be no need for people like Allen, Diana and Me.....and yes, in this case Me is the right word! LOL

I started out digging in barns because I had no money to spend on the stuff I loved and I loved having it in my house. To the best of my memory, in all the years, since Karen was about 7 or 8, I have bought, and sold, bought and used in my house, then sold, and have never, ever lost money on anything. I have, however, early on, while I was still learning, sold things for too little money......but never for less than I paid. I have given a lot of stuff away, mostly to Karen...who is really the only one of my kids/grandkids who likes old rusty junk!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

Good morning....

Tish; I wouldn't make a piker either... can't stand the grime, webs, crawly things and I wouldn't be able to breath.

Raining here today but we're suppose to see sunshine later.

I'm going to shorten our new bedroom draperies... about 6" too long. All day project.

I spent one hour this a.m. in my scrap room doing some cleaning up... needs about another hour.

bbl

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Allen used to find tons of stuff Betsey, not so much anymore. Either everyone has been picked to death, or they sell the contents of a house to someone with plenty of cash, or auction their stuff.

Business is nothing like it used to be.

I guess that eventually it has to run out...but there is still stuff up there, in barns, attics etc....especially the homes where family has lived in them or on the property for a hundred years or more....! I think because of all of the shows, magazines etc, that are telling people how much their stuff is worth, they are no longer getting rid of stuff. The problem is, that the stuff is NOT worth what they say it is on those TV shows. Unless they are selling maybe to decorators, etc.....maybe then, but seriously the prices on all of the auction shows, pickers, restoration shows, are all very inflated. No one gets that kind of money for stuff these days.

I have half he garage cleaned, but the phone rang, so I came in to answer it.....and ended up on here, so Break time is over, back to the garage. If I stayed off of here, I would get way more done in a day! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Tishd

Audie asked me this morning, "Is today Saturday?" My response, "Welcome to the world of being retired...you can't keep up with the days of the week!"

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
Audie asked me this morning, "Is today Saturday?" My response, "Welcome to the world of being retired...you can't keep up with the days of the week!"

oh my gosh... that is so funny. I have to use either my computer or my pill minder to know the day of the week...

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

My plans have quickly changed...... my hubby said "I want to paint the kitchen ceiling later today, so where do I get paint".. oh my.. I've never heard those words "I want to paint" from him.. so he's off buying paint and I am now set to wash the greasy ceiling while he's gone... he'll prime the new sheetrock first then paint later... woohoo

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 08-03-13 08:29 AM
In response to oakhills

ANN too funny! My dh asks on a daily basis what day it is and what the date is. He isn't even retired.

The girls and I always laugh at him, he will even ask twice.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 08-03-13 08:31 AM
In response to charK

DIANA how wonderful!! Gotta go with the flow while they are ready to do a project.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 08-03-13 08:32 AM
In response to charK

Where is my St. Peter at this moment....buying DOUGHNUTS!!!!

Enabler is all I can say.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to charK

Good morning!!

I have been up since 7:30. Karyol and I went and picked up Magoo and took him to my parents' house. They are returning today from Branson and have been gone a week. They went to plays, music shows and played mini-golf. I am sure they went shopping too. Karyol took me out for breakfast after that and then to walmart for a few things like toilet paper, shampoo and my Skinny Cows. My knee is quite a bit better today but still supposed to be easy on it for another week. I think since it is pouring rain here I will probably crochet and/or digi scrap.

Betsey and Char - Thank you for trying to get a trip figured out for us all. My only problem is that I hope you have the date of our trip figured out by December because I have to put down any vacation time for next year at that time.

Di - How nice for Dale to WANT to paint!! Your house is going to look great with everything you are doing to it.

Tish - I would not be a good picker either!!

Josie - Glad your MIL decide to join you all. At least you had a 3 hour warning that Kari's inlaws were on their way for supper.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 08-03-13 08:44 AM
In response to cdjohnson

JO I made sour cream chicken enchiladas too last week. How were yours? Mine were delicious.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Good morning!!

I have been up since 7:30. Karyol and I went and picked up Magoo and took him to my parents' house. They are returning today from Branson and have been gone a week. They went to plays, music shows and played mini-golf. I am sure they went shopping too. Karyol took me out for breakfast after that and then to walmart for a few things like toilet paper, shampoo and my Skinny Cows. My knee is quite a bit better today but still supposed to be easy on it for another week. I think since it is pouring rain here I will probably crochet and/or digi scrap.

Betsey and Char - Thank you for trying to get a trip figured out for us all. My only problem is that I hope you have the date of our trip figured out by December because I have to put down any vacation time for next year at that time.

Di - How nice for Dale to WANT to paint!! Your house is going to look great with everything you are doing to it.

Tish - I would not be a good picker either!!

Josie - Glad your MIL decide to join you all. At least you had a 3 hour warning that Kari's inlaws were on their way for supper.

Cheryl......I am sure that after char returns from her trip, and after school starts we will have a plan and a date. It will not take long, we are shooting for October that one she told us about was perfect if its still available. At that price it may not be. It left from New Orleans which fits right into our plan. It really would be fun to be there two days before or two days after for just touring New Orleans, eating that wonderful food.....Don't forget, one of the Paula Deen restaurants is there, along with Emeril's, and I forget the rest. I would have to stay a month to eat everywhere I want to eat, and shop and see every thing I want to see. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Sour cream enchiladas sounds wonderful. who has that recipe???? Was it on FB? Pinterest???? I need one tried and true.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Bestey - Ok, I thought that was the plan to set a date in the next month or so. I am sure she wants to search for the best deal. No problem just wanted you to know I do have a time limit of when I can put my request in at work.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 08-03-13 09:52 AM
In response to memex9

I have the recipe on my Pinterest board called recipes. It is good and easy and requires NO cream soup!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 08-03-13 09:53 AM
In response to charK

DD just informed me she is leaving at one o'clock. She has to go to the BANK! I am so pizzed off.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics