Page 1075 of 1078 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

Above: What I did today (Thurs.)

Tish where are you going with Tim and Max? Is it for your birthday?

Tish the groom is Rose's son. Rose is Rum's only sister.

I like my food separate. Last night we had meatloaf, boiled potatoes (I was too lazy to mash) and green beans....one of my favorite meals.

Jo-I too, hate to see the medivac helicopter. This past year one went down while responding to a call. All were killed. It was so sad.

I am trying a new marinate for pork chops. If it turns out, I will share.

Where the heck is Teia?

Oakley update...had to switch him to formula, last night he was constipated so Sonny was on the net trying to read reviews of other formulas. While at the grocery store he ran into my cousin Melissa. He told her how Rayn talks about going to the water park with her and her granddaughters. Melissa called me and asked if I wanted to go tomorrow. I really don't. I thought maybe they could come here and swim instead. I mentioned to Rum that he may need to clean the pool. He informed me that he can't get it clean by tomorrow. It makes me mad because he didn't do anything to it upon our return from Mich. on Tues. We have a red algae problem. Well I guess that is what it is..it is red and floats in the water looking like snot. YUCK!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-08-13 01:11 PM
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
Tish, we will have a step great grandchild in February. The mom is one of the twin step daughters of our son Randy and they live near Beaumont, TX. She is a teacher and her husband manages a auto collision repair shop. They have been married almost 4 years and together for a couple of years before that while she was finishing up her college degree.

Having them live away is not nearly as much fun as when they are close enough to see regularly. Laynie is only an hour away so we see her every couple of weeks, but Lucas (in Beaumont) we don't get to see often.

I know what you mean, Ann, about their living far away. My son's family has lived in CT. and we saw them more frequently when they were little and their parents traveled more. Then they started all the school functions, sports, jobs and we do not see them nearly enough.

One reason why I want to go to Ashley's house warming! Of course Chelsea will not be there. She took last weekend off to go to her Aunt's wake so is back in Nantucket working this weekend. Poor kid, she told her dad, I miss everything!!!!! lol

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-08-13 01:12 PM
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
The logo Tish mentioned that is on the back of the card is one I designed in photoshop and just print on the back of the card stock. I tried to order a personalized stamp of it, but it got so complicated, I had to give up on doing that.

Here is the logo:

Personal logo By Oakhills

I love the logo. Very professional looking.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

All Dressed up By Scrappin 2

Here we are at the wedding. There are two other photos in the project.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-08-13 01:18 PM

eeeee, red snot in the pool! Lisa and Joel have some professional pool outfit come and clean their pool. He can not do it due to his issues.

Cathe, I am going to a house warming at Matt and Ashley's. Allen can't go, he has something going on with another piece of land he is selling. He will also cat sit for Tim. Muffet will stay here with him.

Jackson will be going camping with is mom and step dad, and Abbi is going to have a girls only spa day with other Grammie. So it will be Timothy, Max and myself traveling about six hours.

My grandchildren do things a bit backwards, I think. Talking about Matt and Ashley. They buy a home together, get engaged, have a house warming, and then the wedding ceremony is in one year. He is really a great guy and they are perfect together.

So that is where I am going.

OOOO, I do not like to hear Medivac helicopter's either. Seems like we have had a few around our area lately.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-08-13 01:21 PM
In response to Tishd

They have put a lot of work into their home, and she just wants people to come and see their home. Therefore a party. She said not to bring anything, but I got her some beautiful wind chimes, Her mom said they really wanted gift cards to Home Depot or TJ Maxx, but I wanted to get her something more personal from her Grammie and Grampie.

I will also make some cookies and bars to take. They should travel better than a casserole!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Tish I think wind chimes are a GREAT gift. I think it will be nice for them to have a present from their Grammie and Grampie. Safe travels. Have a Happy Birthday tomorrow if I don't catch you in the morning.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-08-13 03:13 PM
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Oh gosh Tish.... another birthday I didn't check for... I'm bad.

Hope tomorrow is good. Well, hope it is great.

Di, thank you, but another birthday....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeoooooouuuuu! Just kidding, just another day, another year older and wiser hopefully!!!!! No special plans other than our trip to Connecticut!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:
Oh gosh Tish.... another birthday I didn't check for... I'm bad.

Hope tomorrow is good. Well, hope it is great.

Wellll I missed it too. How come it is not letting me know like the others????? I get a notice in time to send a card or at least a message.

Happy Birthday and sorry I am late!

Di, thank you, but another birthday....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeoooooouuuuu! Just kidding, just another day, another year older and wiser hopefully!!!!! No special plans other than our trip to Connecticut!

Well I am late too....I did not get a notice. I thought it was near the 21st. I really did think about it yesterday, because I really thought it was near Karen's!!!!! Sorry Tish......Happy Happy Birthday to you. When do you leave for CT????

I forgot that too.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

We have the Bay Flight here often. One of the pads is less than a block from me on the top of the hospital at the end of my street. It's called Bay Flight here.....and usually it is for trauma related to an accident and going to Bayside Trauma Center in St. Pete. That's where they flew Karen after her accident. It's about a 14 minute flight from here......very noisy when they fly over my house, which they do often it seems. And then we have the Coastal Patrol, that flies over every evening about sundown or right after. It is from the Coast Guard Station Way North of here....forget what its called. LOL

The place is full of helicopters.....of course we also live in the flight path to Tampa International....and McDill AFB!!!!! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Tish....don't think it's only your grandkids doing things differently. Watch House Hunters or some of these other House hunting shows...its all young couples who are 1. buying a house, 2 just got engaged, 3. having a baby, and then YES finally planning a big traditional wedding. I quite frankly do not get it!!!!!! What's wrong with getting engaged, getting married and then renting/buying your "starter" home. These kids today are looking for their "dream" home right off the batt. Heck.......we lived in a little apartment with two kids, (babies) then rented a little house, the first house we bought was very small...and yes....we all shared a bathroom. And that was in 1968. Just like I grew up.....my parents did not buy their dream home until 1950 when I was almost 12 and they had been married 16 years.....!!!!! Kids really do want it all right now!!!!!! What is there to work towards or look forward to....heck all the fun of planning, saving, looking at houses on weekends just to dream about the day you could buy one/????? Not like that any more........Getting married is an after thought almost. YOur kids are no different than a large part of society Tish......! And I guess it's become quite acceptable.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I am reading the most wonderful book. Susan sent it to me. If you read the book 84 Charing Cross or saw the movie with Anne Bancroft......which I did and loved the movie. Have seen it several times. Anyway, this book is much like that style of writing....It's all done in letters to people and their correspondence back to the main character. Its having to do with the aftermath of WWII on the Isle Of Guernsey off of the French and English Coast.

It's called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It is wonderful...full of wonderful humor and a part of history I never knew anything about.....I really had no idea that this all went on....when the Germans Occupied a place. Sure we see that in movies, but this is like real life...it's absolutely wonderful. And now...back to my book!!!!! TTYL

Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons
In response to memex9

Happy Birthday Tishy!!! I'm not sure if you will be available to send birthday wishes tomorrow,,,and don't know what time I'll be able to chime in. Wishing you a beauty of a day and a safe trip to CT.

Having a full house this w/e will keep me hoping. Bill and friends will keep me hoping so there's no knowing what this next week will bring.

I'm reading Treasure Island... son,t remember reading this in school, but I'm sure I had to at some point. Going to be a quiet night. Hope to get to bed early....going to snack...

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Jojo Noons

Evening all.

Cathe; cute pic of you and Rum and wowzer on the scrapping. I'm missing it badly.

What formula are they switching Oakley to?

Our visit to my cousin was nice. They are a beautiful, smallish, two bedroom -two bathroom apartment (condo) now in a ritzy Retirement community. . She did a great job downsizing and kept her most pretty things. They have no children.

gotta get some dinner in me. see ya all tomorrow

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Sunnydi

Good evening!!

Sorry I am in so late!! I decided to start my Couch to 5 K program again this evening after I got home. My knee has given me no problems. The ortho clinic gave me some tips on how to start back and how to pay attention to what my body is telling me it can handle and to proceed carefully. I was so EXCITED that I did it tonight and no problems.

Tish - Happy Birthday early!! I am working tomorrow and will not get to chime in early with everyone else. Enjoy your trip! YES, I will remove the older than dirt comment on the first page.

Betsey - Seriously it will not take me more than 15 minutes or so to get the new thread set up!! I only have to copy and paste the first page into the new thread that I start. Then I will put a link in this thread and send each person I PM with the link as well. I am the hostess of another thread from time to time and we start a new thread each month. I PROMISE it is NO BIG DEAL.

Di - I prefer not to do our "talking" on facebook either. I am like Betsey and not sure exactly how "private" it is.

I will start the new thread on Saturday morning. There will be a link in this thread and I will send each of you a PM so it will be super easy for everyone. Yes, I will also send a PM to Pam and Sue in case they want to stop in sometime to say hello.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, you are a jewel to do this! So glad we have someone in the group who knows how it is done. Yay...for getting back to your exercise program!

Tish, have a wonderful trip and visit with family this weekend. As to the current trend...the movie lifestyle has been absorbed by our younger generation to the point that they believe the right way is "getting the cart before the horse" with living together, having a baby/home and then marriage (maybe). Sure was not the norm 50 years ago!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-09-13 04:26 AM
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
Cheryl, you are a jewel to do this! So glad we have someone in the group who knows how it is done. Yay...for getting back to your exercise program!

Tish, have a wonderful trip and visit with family this weekend. As to the current trend...the movie lifestyle has been absorbed by our younger generation to the point that they believe the right way is "getting the cart before the horse" with living together, having a baby/home and then marriage (maybe). Sure was not the norm 50 years ago!

Ann...I know it is the norm today! Back in my day, if I had been pregnant before marriage, I probably would have been tarred and feathered and sent out of town!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-09-13 04:31 AM
In response to Tishd

Today I am another year older! Whoopie!!!!!

Thank you for the birthday wishes! On another note my son, John was born on my 21st birthday!

Coffee is ready, Max is here and it is raining. We did lose our power once! The clock/radio beside my bed was blinking when I woke up.

By the way, this article is about my daughter, Julie and son in law's Dairy Farm (Larry). You may find it interesting!!!! Kind of exciting!

http://lincolncountynewso nline.com/main.asp?SectionID=1...

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TISH!!!!

Have a great time with your family. Safe travels!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2

I beat Betsey in????

Here is some caffeine to get you going...

It is beautiful out right now. I have plans to have my cousin Melissa and her two graddaughter, Casey,(with Oakley) Kian,& Rayn to swim. I turned on the pool heater. I hope air warms up. Casey said it was supposed to be 82 today, but Rum said 74 and we are swimming at one o'clock so that is not the hottest part of the day. Oh well, I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a great day everyone!

Page 1075 of 1078 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics