Page 1077 of 1078 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-09-13 10:38 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Jojo Noons Said:
Good Morning!
It rained cats and dogs last night!!! Right now it is only overcast but word has it, it will be rainy all day leading to a better weathered weekend!
Watching a family on STEVE...they were unplugged... all technology taking from them for 48 hours....They are learning to interact with each other...This is wonderful...my problem with this is...NO ONE lives in a house that big, that clean...she must have a cleaning crew in there 24/7... not a fingerprint on the ipad, they were using in the beginning...the crew went through every room..not one dusty place I mean this place was SPOTLESS TOP TO BOTTOM, everything shiny and buffed, finish on kitchen table like glass...It truly was unbelievable.... Oh and the techie stuff they took!!! Had to be about $10, 000 worth...each a personal laptop, ipod, tv, m3 players...the list goes on and on...holy moly!!!

What is STEVE????? I have no idea what all that is about....unplugged????? Is it a reality show???? I am in the dark here......! not that that is new news either....I am in the dark often when it comes to some techie stuff. LOL

For example, when Matthew moved all my stuff around, had to unhook much of my computer, and my TV, DVD etc......and then hook it all back up when we moved the furniture in......NOW I have no sound on my computer and can't seem to figure out why????? I have tried all the things I know, and nothing happens. Sooooooo until I can get him over here again, I have nothing.

Betsey, I used to be quite techie myself, but truly simple things are not as simple for me as they used to be. Even the games on Facebook aren't as easy for me! As far as sound, it could be a couple of things. Down at the very bottom of my computer screen, is a speaker icon. Can you check to see if they are turned up.

Also I was trying to hear a You Tube Video the other day, and no sound. I found I had to actually click on the speaker on the You Tube Video. I am sure it is something Matt will fix for you when he stops by!

Well I really need to shower and get my bag packed. Tim will be here in three hours raring to go.

I also had a nice surprise! I had a flower delivery an hour ago. Opened the card attached and it said, Happy Birthday from your favorite son.

OK, I do have four sons, so had to narrow it in my mind. My first thought was Tim, then Dennis. Then I said no, Dennis always calls himself my #1 son, it is Tim that is always saying "favorite son". I called the local florist in Unity to make sure before I thanked the wrong son! LOL

They were from Tim!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-09-13 10:40 AM
In response to Jojo Noons

Jody, aka...Jojo...aka..Jobo,

I have to be stupid and ask what STEVE is too. Is that a network channel? the name of a show?

My grandson is being so quiet playing on my IPAD today. I am beginning to feel guilty and think I should get myself ready packed and then sit and read to him. I don't like him playing so long on the IPAD. Such a good little guy and growing up to fast.

How are all your family??????

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:
  • Jojo Noons Said:
Good Morning!
It rained cats and dogs last night!!! Right now it is only overcast but word has it, it will be rainy all day leading to a better weathered weekend!
Watching a family on STEVE...they were unplugged... all technology taking from them for 48 hours....They are learning to interact with each other...This is wonderful...my problem with this is...NO ONE lives in a house that big, that clean...she must have a cleaning crew in there 24/7... not a fingerprint on the ipad, they were using in the beginning...the crew went through every room..not one dusty place I mean this place was SPOTLESS TOP TO BOTTOM, everything shiny and buffed, finish on kitchen table like glass...It truly was unbelievable.... Oh and the techie stuff they took!!! Had to be about $10, 000 worth...each a personal laptop, ipod, tv, m3 players...the list goes on and on...holy moly!!!

What is STEVE????? I have no idea what all that is about....unplugged????? Is it a reality show???? I am in the dark here......! not that that is new news either....I am in the dark often when it comes to some techie stuff. LOL

For example, when Matthew moved all my stuff around, had to unhook much of my computer, and my TV, DVD etc......and then hook it all back up when we moved the furniture in......NOW I have no sound on my computer and can't seem to figure out why????? I have tried all the things I know, and nothing happens. Sooooooo until I can get him over here again, I have nothing.

Betsey, I used to be quite techie myself, but truly simple things are not as simple for me as they used to be. Even the games on Facebook aren't as easy for me! As far as sound, it could be a couple of things. Down at the very bottom of my computer screen, is a speaker icon. Can you check to see if they are turned up.

Also I was trying to hear a You Tube Video the other day, and no sound. I found I had to actually click on the speaker on the You Tube Video. I am sure it is something Matt will fix for you when he stops by!

Well I really need to shower and get my bag packed. Tim will be here in three hours raring to go.

I also had a nice surprise! I had a flower delivery an hour ago. Opened the card attached and it said, Happy Birthday from your favorite son.

OK, I do have four sons, so had to narrow it in my mind. My first thought was Tim, then Dennis. Then I said no, Dennis always calls himself my #1 son, it is Tim that is always saying "favorite son". I called the local florist in Unity to make sure before I thanked the wrong son! LOL

They were from Tim!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

The above post just erased itself.....sigh!

I have checked all the computer areas having to do with the speakers.......and all is turned up all the way, all is turned on...so I don't know what happened.

I will have to have Matt come over again and check. I tried, one more time hooking up the external speakers that go to this computer, but they don't work either. sigh!

It's really why I don't have music or anything needing sound going on here. If I have to have sound with a video, I can't hear it....it drives me nuts. This is why tutorials have always been hard for me to watch...I only have had the in screen sound, and it is very low. Even with the volume up all the way, it's not very loud and I can barely hear it on lots of videos....probably why I don't watch many on here. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Looks like rain again.....almost foggy and grey and if it doesn't rain it's missing a good bet!!!! LOL

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:

By the way, this article is about my daughter, Julie and son in law's Dairy Farm (Larry). You may find it interesting!!!! Kind of exciting!

http://lincolncountynewso nline.com/main.asp?SectionID=1...

This is one I will have to watch for..."Cow ******** Corner"! Is there really a road sign?

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to scrappin 2

• scrappin 2 Said:
I turned on the pool heater. I hope air warms up. Casey said it was supposed to be 82 today, but Rum said 74 and we are swimming at one o'clock so that is not the hottest part of the day. Oh well, I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a great day everyone!

Oh, my...the water in Lara's pool (unheated) was probably warmer this morning at 8 AM than your high temp for the day will be!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

Jo, praying your dmil will heal quickly from her fall. I don't know what one would call my skin...sometimes I look down at my arm and a huge red spot will have appeared and I have no idea what I have bumped or touched to do it. The sleeve I wear protects the right arm so I don't see them there any more but the left arm frequently looks as though some one has been beating on me.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to oakhills

Good afternoon ladies!

Jo so sorry to hear that your mil fell.

My cousin Melissa came over with her two granddaughters. Casey came with her kid. I heated the water in the pool to 82. I didn't get in, but I think it was chilly. It was fine until a cloud blocked the sun. Kian didn't last long.

Other than having people over today. I didn't do much. OH, I did do a load of laundry.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to scrappin 2

Cathe; you did enough.. entertaining can be tiring. I finished the cushions for the front chairs.. they are wood slat chairs and our neighbors kitties don't like them.. last time I put cushions on them they took up sleeping on them; ruined them quickly... so this time I made two loops on the back long side of the cushion and can hang them off the top back of the chair... kitties can't get to them that way.

Then I took apart a seat of an old rocker I bought at a garage sale for $30. Dale is going to cut me a new base which I'll put foam on and make a cover for.

Oh, love my new pendant light over the kitchen sink. I made the guys breakfast (french toast/bacon/sausages) for lunch after they finished. It caused our son to reminisce about eating 'breakfast' on Friday nights when he grew up here... that is cute he talked about it..

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
Jo, praying your dmil will heal quickly from her fall. I don't know what one would call my skin...sometimes I look down at my arm and a huge red spot will have appeared and I have no idea what I have bumped or touched to do it. The sleeve I wear protects the right arm so I don't see them there any more but the left arm frequently looks as though some one has been beating on me.

I was just looking at my arms again, and honestly.....two days in the yard, with my tube socks on my arms, and they are still a mess, I look the same. Cardboard can peel the skin right off my arm...as in boxes at school....I have no idea I get these big purple bruises, but they are there. sigh.....I guess that's just the price we pay for living this long!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Well we had rain......lots of rain, lots of thunder etc.....the electric went off for a few minutes, which of course means I am now resetting everything in my house. That's two days in a row with good rain shower......twice today....LOL

So tomorrow I will try to get the back finished, or close to it. Then I can go back to school without thinking about all there is to do in my yard.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
  • Tishd Said:

By the way, this article is about my daughter, Julie and son in law's Dairy Farm (Larry). You may find it interesting!!!! Kind of exciting!

http://lincolncountynewso nline.com/main.asp?SectionID=1...

This is one I will have to watch for..."Cow ******** Corner"! Is there really a road sign?

Well as far as I am concerned it will be as good as any of the rest of these type shows. I actually like the Duck Call guys, they are hilarious.......really hilarious and no gross stuff as far as I can tell. As for Honey Boo boo, I can't believe that people actually watch that, they are pretty disgusting in my opinion. I know there are people like that, but having a show about them on TV only serves to say that is acceptable living......and we wonder what's wrong in our society. Truthfully it's no worse that the blonde wives of Orange County and their upside down idea of a "normal" live. The spending habits truly make me sick to my stomach. I love nice things myself, but no one needs 100 pair of $400 shoes, purses and hair do's. Seriously, that kind of spending really does make me kind of ill. I think of all the children who are hungry this summer, and it just makes me angry. Granted, I guess it's not their job to feed hungry kids, but the over indulgence with birthday parties for two year olds that cost upwards of $10K is just too much!!!!!

I will be curious to see if this Maine Cow Corner show goes on......I hope they get paid well for doing this, because their lives will never be the same.....! I'm sure it will be fun for a while though!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I finished the Guernsey Literary Society and Potato Peel Pie Club. What a great book. I guess no one else is interested.....It was one of the best books I have read in years.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Ann I am like you and chuckle with Cathe and her weather or not to heat the pool......just sounds funny to me. We need a way to cool the pool water here.....LOL I would never have a pool up north.......there really is a lot of maintenance for as little as it gets used. A friend of my Mother's had a beautiful pool in Michigan.....she loved it when my kids came for the summer....she said it was the only time it got used.

My son has a pool in Maryland, but his filter and heater and all run all the time. It's an inground, pool with a waterfall into a soaking pool which then falls into the big pool. It is beautiful with slate, rock etc.......I can't even imagine what it costs to maintain that thing. They do have a cover that the pool company puts on in November until March....to keep the leaves out of the pool.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I would love to have a pool here in Florida...everyone I know that has one, uses it almost daily. When Jeff and Kim lived in their other house, Jeff and the girls swam in the pool almost daily!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
I finished the Guernsey Literary Society and Potato Peel Pie Club. What a great book. I guess no one else is interested.....It was one of the best books I have read in years.

I'll get them from the library and then we can 'book talk'...

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Sunnydi

Good evening!!

OK, here is how the thread works. ONE PERSON decides to start the thread and only that person can change the very first post. There are no passwords, etc. I don't even know why someone told you such a thing. If you have EVER started a thread before, it is the EXACT same thing. ANYBODY can start a thread. You have all been mislead previously!!

Josie - Sorry to hear that you MIL fell. I hope you did not find any other bruises on scrapes on her.

Di - I hope you got all the sewing you wanted to do finished.

Tish - Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy the trip.

Betsey - Do you have a really big yard? It seems you sure have a lot to do to it.

Well, I am exhausted and going to relax for a bit. I will be back in the morning and will start the new thread. Be on the lookout for the link in here and you will each get a PM.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

Thanks Cheryl... in advance.

Whew; just finished mowing, trimming, raking and washing patio. It's humid here and about 78 deg... I now need a shower and another 1/2 gal. of water to drink.

We have a bigger yard than I want now. But it's a great yard for kids.

I put pics in our FB folder of the simple cushions I made. Not done with sewing yet. Probably looking at Tuesday to be done with everything.

see ya all tomorrow.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Di you sure have been getting a lot done! Good for you.

Betsey I am going to see if I can get one of those books.
your son's pool sounds gorgeous. Ours is in ground, but isn't fancy. It has served us well.

Cheryl thanks for starting a new thread. Hopefully this will
Solve the posting problems.

Page 1077 of 1078 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics