Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to charK

What a busy day. The golf group got together. Judy and i went to see the lady's private quarters. She was on the Pickers. It was a fund raiser for the Children's Home.

It was so cold Judy and I didn't go to the craft fair. We went to Ricci's house about 3:00. Then the men came home. The men reminiscence about the college days. I wish I'd had a tape recorder. We ordered pizza. It was a fun day.

Betsey--DON't even think you weren't a good mom!!! Sometime kids just turn out strange. Don't let her bully you.

Tish- lots of work to make the lasagna ahead of time, but tomorrow will be sweet. Yhea for Chelsea.

Cheryl glad you got through today.

Char sorry you froze and were hot all in the same weekend.

Rather tired. Hi to everyone!!!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to scrappin 2

Just toooooo funny I just saw the Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp in it.. and I am watching the 1967 black n white (starting to get to color now) version on Netflix. The show is so funny!!

I got the baseboards painted today, went food shopping submitted ONE of my assignments (still one to go and will finish that tomorrow) Tomorrow dh takes stuff to dump and I try and steam clean the rug in my bedroom. So I may have my bedroom next week. Still no curtains yet though... I keep forgetting to take the messurements of the window before I leave to go shoppin. lol

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

Char no one said the weather in the PNW was perdictable lol... I have seen every seaon in one day. Sun, rain, hail, snow, lighting... then back to sun again. Mother Nature has a werid since of humor.

Tish I am not much into soccor but way to go Chelsea. Hope you get some relaxin time tomorrow.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

GOOOOOOOOOOO DUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! woot woot

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

U of W is getting tromped.... by Teia's Ducks.

Dale is bedding Dori down then I'm heading straight to bed.

Char is right; it was freezing overnight and 75 in the sunshine today.

ni ni

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Sunnydi

The Huskers lost to Ohio.....big time! They acted like they had forgotten how to play football...had three passes intercepted and all of them turned into touchdowns for Ohio....if those hadn't happened it would have been a MUCH easier game to lose! lol

EXTRA HUGS to BETSEY. I hope will all of my heart you will realize and understand that your daughter is and has been making her OWN choices for a long time now and you were NOT a bad parent. Every parent does the best they can with the information they have at that time....each decision we make is that way...and you know all this! We are preaching to the choir here, Betsey.....and we want you to know that each one of us is behind you all the way...holding you up through this weekend. I agree with Cathe...don't let her bully you!!! I know she is your daughter and you love her dearly, but I don't think letting her run down the rest of the family is acceptable either! Use love and kindness, but tell her to stop! That's my two cents worth...

Cheryl....thinking of you and your dh today....lots! hugs to you.

Char..don't you just hate it when you freeze and then roast! I LOVE this season of the year, but often when we are driving right now we run the heater in the early morning and at night and in the daytime it's the air conditioner!! What would have been worse for me would have been the lack of seating! I can't believe they didn't have SOME kind of bleachers!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

Di...SO sorry you are 'under the weather'. Kari has been sick most of the week so I am REALLY hoping we don't all share it! I think that is hoping for too much, but one can dream...

Tish...4 eggs on the floor huh! It did make me laugh because it reminded me of a story I've heard my dad and brother tell many times. My dad had a hired man who had a wife and two boys and she was not the best cook in the world even on a good day. Sometimes she would cook for my dad and brother if they were working cattle or something because my Mom was a school teacher and gone all day from home. Anyway, one day during dinner (the noon meal) as the men were eating the chocolate cake she casually mentioned that she had dropped the eggs for the cake on the floor but since she was able to pick them up "without too many shells in them" she had gone ahead and used them in the cake!! Dad said he looked down at the floor and it DEFINITELY wasn't one you'd want to even think about eating from!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bears99

Well it's sunday morning I am here coffee is ready......I will need the whole pot today I think........Lisa woke me up to tell me that she ahd Hillary were leaving and that she had read what I wrote on here, and I needn't worry, I would never see her again. And then they were gone........! Sigh!

It's finally over, she had the last word......and I am sad but relieved. Trying to have a relationship with her has been tedious for the past 8 years....and it's the way she wants it.......and this time she will have her wish. I truly don't have the energy to go through this anymore......enough is enough.

She actually got on my computer this morning, and read what I wrote on here and that was what she said to me......that I was seeing her for the last time.........! She told me to have a nice life!!!!! and left....I got out of bed to try and talk to her, but she slammed the door and was gone...I don't have any idea who picked them up or where they went....and at this point I don't care.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Betsey - I am SO SORRY that your weekend ended this way with Lisa!! I really have no words of wisdom as I have never had a child treat me this way but know it would hurt tremendously. There does come a time when one has to say enough is enough and just go on and that sounds like what you are doing.

Today is my sister's birthday so we are going out to eat after church. She is supposed to pick the restaurant so not sure where we are going. She watches a lot of movies on her Kindle Fire so I got her one of the cases that has a stand on it so she doesn't have to hold it while she watches movies. I am also brining cupcakes for dessert as a surprise!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl....thanks for your kind words and thoughts....and I hope you have a great time with your sister........and she enjoys her birthday. Cupcakes sound wonderful.........and what a great gift. Hang in there.........and enjoy your day!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Cheryl.......thanks for the light-bulb that you made go on in my head......" I need to talk to my sister, Susan." I have done that.....we have talked twice today........and I feel soooo much better......you mentioned going out to lunch with your sister, and I realized that I needed to talk to mine......so Thank you!

When in doubt......talk to your sister.......that's my advice for today!!!!! LOL

Also, I am so glad you all enjoyed the watermelon fruit baby carriage.....it was a big hit.....and they had so much fun making it......One of the best times of the weekend. LOL

I will try to focus on those moments and let the rest go. Thanks ladies.......!

Edited by memex9 on 10-07-12 10:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Betsey - Sometimes sisters DO make things better!! Glad you and your sister talked and that it helped. I bet is was fun making the watermelon baby carriage. It was just adorable.

We ended up going to eat Chinese after church and the bakery did not have the cupcakes I wanted to I opted for sugar cookies with smily faces made on them with different colored icing. I forgot my camera at home so I didn't get any pictures!! Off to scrap until Sunday Night Football gets underway.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-07-12 01:10 PM
In response to memex9

Hi ladies! Part of the family have left, and Dennis, Lisa, McKenzie, Courtney, Allen and I are all watching New England and Denver go at it.

I am exhausted, mentally and physically. Family did not get here until about 10:30 pm last night and we all stayed up and munched and talked until 12:30 am!!!!

Today i am weary, and it is just from being over stimulated and sleeping in a different bed. I am glad everyone is watching the game until I get my second wind!

Betsey, i am heartsick for you and what you must be going through with daughter. I am thankful you have us to talk to as well as your sister. I am so so sorry the weekend ended like this for you.

There are times when life does not seem fair. I hate that this happened and you do not have someone close by there to lean on and give you moral support. I only hope Karen and family will be there for you, and in a perfect world, I wish Lisa would apologize for leaving in a huff.

I wish my brain wasn't so tired right now!

It has been a fun day. Tim, Max and Abbi were here, Jill and Gus, and Lisa, Logan Nd Griffin to visit and have lunch with Dennis and family.

Julie and John will be by tomorrow.

Cheryl it sounds like you had a nice day with your sister!

I didn't see anyone else here yet today!!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-07-12 01:13 PM
In response to Tishd

Nothing but tears in my house today. dd just left and both girls are in their rooms crying and me too. Life sucks today.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-07-12 01:15 PM
In response to Tishd

I am soooooooo bad with words of comfort and words of wisdom!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Char - Sorry it is a teary day at your house!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Nothing but tears in my house today. dd just left and both girls are in their rooms crying and me too. Life sucks today.

OMG it must be the moon in the wrong place.....it seems that this weekend has been a disaster for both of us.....re daughters. I am sooo very sorry......I know the anguish and frustration as I am feeling it also......it' s too bad we can't just meet for coffee or whatever and console each other.....I am so very sad for you and those darling girls. You are in my thoughts.......and my heart just hurts for all of us......those going through all family things.......I wish it were different....I keep repeating that "this too shall pass".......but it sure is not on my time schedule.....! hugs to all of you who are hurting today whatever the reason. There is no greater joy than family and no greater pain when it goes amuck! Hugs, hugs and more hugs!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-07-12 02:14 PM
In response to charK

Char, I am so sorry that things were teary at your house today!

Gads! My weekend is not over with yet, and my oldest daughter will be here tomorrow! If anything can happen, it will be then!!!!

Hugs to you and Betsey!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

WOW what a weekend.... Betsy and Char... chin up my lovely ladies. I am so sad that you had such a bad weekend.

Edited by tneal40 on 10-07-12 05:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to tneal40

Dropping off:

MEMORIES By Cdjohnson

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics