Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-07-12 03:17 PM
In response to cdjohnson

I am about to cry! My Pats are blowing the game!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Dropping off again:

Believe in yourself our strength grows out of our weakness By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Betsey and Char: so sorry to hear you had a bad day/weekend. Very sorry it affected the girls Char.

I finally got to see the baby. I got some pictures. He is still in the hospital as he has an infection. His mommy and daddy can stay with him. He is hooked up to monitors. It is really good that Annie can stay at the hospital. They have a trilevel and lots of stairs. She is hurting from the incision. I have a new found respect for Annie's husband. He sure takes care of Anne and the baby. So helpful.

Waiting for the Amazing Race to come on.

Doug is in Florida and went to the Bear game. he texted Charity that there were a lot of fights. Can't people behave anymore?

Someone tried to break into out church. They broke a couple of windows. There is nothing in the church to steal. We have no fancy sound system. No money is kept in the church. Just awful.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for those hurting.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to cdjohnson

ok carpet is cleaned... well sorta.. my steam cleaner does not get it all but it smells nicer in the room now.

Bed,night stands, lamps and bedding is moved over so far. Well be spending all this week moving stuff over to my room and getting the other room ready for son to move back into.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to tneal40

Cathe...how awful that your church was broken into. Kinda like people fighting at the game Doug was at....makes you wonder if people have any morals and values left anymore!

Teia...nice that you are getting moved back into your room. I hadn't realized that you and your dh had given up YOUR room to the kids...I thought it was your son's room! I have it straight now...you moved into son's room and the kids moved into your room while your ds moved upstairs to your scrap space. Do I have it all straight???

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

Char and Betsey....words fail me. All I can think to do is to send you both hugs...maybe we all just need a great big group hug..or two!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to bears99

Just checking in real quick. My vacation is coming to a close, and back to work I go tomorrow. I shouldn't complain. I only work tomorrow then off 2 days and then work 2 days.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-08-12 03:43 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Coffee is ready!!!!

Big group hug to all this morning too! Chilly morning...brrrrr.

Allen and I are the only ones up here. Everyone appears to be having a good time doing simple country things. Yesterday they went through the field and woods and down to the cemetary in back of the house. That seems to be a tradition! They went for a ride to visit Grammie Downers grave in Freedom, walked the school track, watched football and movies.

My lasagna was a big hit, jill made salad, and Lisa brought cookies.

I am tired this morning, but a good tired!

Today my dil wants to find some gourds!

Hope you are all having a nice Colombus Day! And doing something relaxing.

Betsey and Char....special thoughts and hugs to you!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-08-12 03:45 AM
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Just checking in real quick. My vacation is coming to a close, and back to work I go tomorrow. I shouldn't complain. I only work tomorrow then off 2 days and then work 2 days.

Cheryl, I need to check out all your layouts today!!!!!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Good morning!! Cold here...30 degrees, but the sun is shining.

I got up early...7:30.

Tish enjoy your time with whoever is still there with you and Alan. Isn't it cute what the kids and grandkids think of as tradition?

Betsey & Char -I hope you are in a better place emotionally today.

Teia sounds like you are almost done. I'm like Jo, I didn't realize it was your bedroom you gave up for the kids.

Josie did you get much snow?

I have no plans except for laundry, and cleaning. My back still hurts but I know it will feel better if I move around.

Catch everyone later._

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to scrappin 2

Jo, yes you have it right. We were going to give them our sons room but it would of been way to small for 3 active kids.

I have tons to do today.. I did get my assignments in on time WHEW!!! I have my assignment for this week already done.. its the letter to the parents I posted earlier in here. I just need to write a 250 word conclusion on what I learned.

dh won't let me get rid of my grandmas chair. I looked around and it would cost me over 1000.00 to get it redone. It needs legs, which we can find at Lowes or Home Depot.

78 days of no rain here in Salem. I guess we have rain coming on Friday, Sat, Sun. dh has drill that weekend so he is not happy about driving in it lol.

Thank you for the coffee! bbl

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-08-12 07:49 AM
In response to tneal40

Good morning.

We are better today. The girls are off to school. DH is home.

I am now down 7 pounds!!

dd and dh got into a screaming match yesterday while I was in the shower. Caitlin came in the bathroom crying and telling me to get out and make them stop. SO .... here I am in a towel on the front porch ....trying to get them inside and to shut up. A lovely sight to behold.

Dh came in and so did dd....both fuming. dd said HE started it....how juvenile.....he asked to see her car insurance card for proof of insurance...she knows she has to have it to drive the girls. She took them to Target and he was mad at ME for not SEEING the card before I let her take them. She said she had it so I chose to believe her. She took offense to his not believeing her and taking her word for it and that started the fight.

dd told dh that HE raised her so it was HIS fault she is the way she is. She told him she hated him and said F-U to him.

This all outside in our front yard!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to charK

Char, I am sorry that had to happen, while in a towell, on your front porch. I got a bit of deja veu (sp) when I read that. I seem to remember dh and dd getting into, what I call, a pissing fight on my porch a few years back. Of course she blamed me for her problems.

I went through about 2 years of post partum depression (did not know it was called that then) to where I did not want to deal with anyone and was focused on the computer and what I could learn from it. During that time was when my dd said she needed me the most (of course) My other daughters did not turn to drugs during this time but focused on school, friends and activities. Her being put in Juevy is what woke me up to what was happening around me. I missed alot of my son growing up also. So because I had a problem she blames me for not being there for her. Instead of understanding what I went through. Of course she was just a young girl (Jr High Age) and I guess cause of my "neglect" of her (well of all the kids accually) I am to blame for what she is now.

I explained to my daughter to be prepared for her children to come to her later in life and them blaming her for what they have become. Then she will understand how I feel and how the blame game just needs to stops. Life happens and you need to change course and go forward. Why dwell on the pass? Fix it, move on live better.

Edited by tneal40 on 10-08-12 08:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Betsey: I didn't check in yesterday due to just too much to do for the dinner party. I'm so sorry for what your daughter has done. I also have no words of wisdom. I've watched my sis in-law go thru something like this and it's heart wrenching. I'm glad you called your sis.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Nothing but tears in my house today. dd just left and both girls are in their rooms crying and me too. Life sucks today.

My goodness........ dd's can sure make life suck-y!! I hate that she's doing that to you and her girls.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
Char, I am sorry that had to happen, while in a towell, on your front porch. I got a bit of deja veu (sp) when I read that. I seem to remember dh and dd getting into, what I call, a pissing fight on my porch a few years back. Of course she blamed me for her problems.

I went through about 2 years of post partum depression (did not know it was called that then) to where I did not want to deal with anyone and was focused on the computer and what I could learn from it. During that time was when my dd said she needed me the most (of course) My other daughters did not turn to drugs during this time but focused on school, friends and activities. Her being put in Juevy is what woke me up to what was happening around me. I missed alot of my son growing up also. So because I had a problem she blames me for not being there for her. Instead of understanding what I went through. Of course she was just a young girl (Jr High Age) and I guess cause of my "neglect" of her (well of all the kids accually) I am to blame for what she is now.

I explained to my daughter to be prepared for her children to come to her later in life and them blaming her for what they have become. Then she will understand how I feel and how the blame game just needs to stops. Life happens and you need to change course and go forward. Why dwell on the pass? Fix it, move on live better.

So true. It just amazes me 'kids' do not take any personal responsibility to be moral, decent human beings...(just be bad and blame the parents)....

I knew growing up I had an angel on my shoulder whispering to me "don't do what your mother does (mean alcoholic), learn from her and grow strong, straight and be good. It was a struggle for me.

Char; poor Peter and you...and you too Teia.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

So I'm beyond tired today.....this head cold and busy busy weekend....mercy; no oomph in me. I'm giving myself permission to just putter around here today and rest.

In two weekends I have a glass show to sell at and want to price 10 boxes of glass that has been sitting in my garage. That's a lot to do so not much play time for me for a couple of weeks. (expect Wednesday when I'm getting together with 5 of my fav. girlfriends for some antiquing).

I need to feel better fast...

oh, Cathe; makes me sick that your church was broken into. We had a theft about 10 years ago. Hard to control...somebody was hiding when the church was closed up for the night and they really didn't get much... a few nice mics and some petty cash in a few of the boxes around church. Luckily everything had been locked up as procedure..

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-08-12 09:56 AM
In response to Sunnydi

I am physically exhausted so am laying down with my Ipad typing. Everyone has left. Dennis,Lisa and girls just left, and Julie.

The worst that happened here was....are you ready! The toilet is plugged. Luckily it waited until this noon to happen. Allen is now using a snake and a few cuss words. Girls use a lot of toilet paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Char school is closed here today!

Going to rest my head now!!!!!

Where is our Betsey????

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

Tish; It's noon and I'm still in my pj's... am doing laundry though and got all the dishes from last night done. I guess I should at least put on some sweats/t-shirt so I look alive........

rest up.

Poor Allen... so glad I have a hubby for that type of stuff also.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Tishd

I look around my house and just want to toss everything into the garbage. So tired of cleaning things up. I have been trying to get the stuff from one room to the other and to store stuff I really do not need for the winter (flip flops, sandles etc)We have two HUGE drawers under the closet in our room. The kids stored their boad games in them while they were here. I told hubby he is to put his military stuff in there cause he only uses it once a month. He about had a fit. He has small drawers and not enough room for all that stuff and his work clothes and his other things. He argued with me till I told him fine then this is your room and I will be upstairs in the craft room cause I can not stand all the mess you leave on the floor cause you SAY there is no room in your dresser. Honestly!!! I find a way to fix this and he argues with me about it all lol MEN!

Edited by tneal40 on 10-08-12 11:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics