Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-08-12 08:29 PM
In response to charK

Jo congrats on finishing the album!!!

Saw the pics of Greyden on facebook....he does look so grown up without the curls. Such a big boy.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Question for you all: what brand of 12x12" page protectors do you use for your layouts? and why?

Because I use three-ring scrapbook albums, I use C-line brand, because, first of all they actually hold a 12 x 12 page without having to trim, and they do not have that extra space next to the holes, so that the pages fit closer together when doing a 2 page spread, I love them, have had no problems with them, and they are reasonably priced.

I have bought the ones from HL (Paper studio, their own brand) and I have to trim each page so that they will fit, and they have the space which makes them stick out further in a three ring album.
I also like that they make photo holder pages with many different configurations and fold out pages......here is the link on here to the 12 x 12.

http://store.scrapbook.com/cln-62227.html?t12-13=c+line

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Char.....If you can tell her she can't come without causing the girls any more pain, I would do that. I would be surprised if she still wants to come after that. Is she still in counseling/meetings or what???? Do you know????? If she is going to meetings, has a sponsor and is telling her the truth, she may get some good advice. However, if not....she will feel justified in her tantrum I am sure. Sigh!!!!

Adult children it appears put us in a no win situation it seems.

Edited by memex9 on 10-09-12 03:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Good morning ladies...coffee is ready, I have been up for over an hour.....but did sleep better last night. I was totally and completely exhausted.

Went to my doc's appt, actually the pacemaker check....sat there for almost 30 minutes, and then was told they did not have me scheduled nor was the pacemaker man there. Also, they don't do this in that office anymore it is in the office 30 miles north. Other than that, my day went reasonably well. ha ha ha ha ha

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Good morning!! It is chilly here this morning, and I can't seem to get moving. I really need to do some laundry today. I also want to work on a couple of blankets that Priscilla and Maddie want. They are those fleece throws that you cut the squares out of the corners and then make cuts down the sides and then tie the two pieces together. They ones they want have kittens with crowns on their heads. I already have them here just need to "make" them.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Good morning!! It is chilly here this morning, and I can't seem to get moving. I really need to do some laundry today. I also want to work on a couple of blankets that Priscilla and Maddie want. They are those fleece throws that you cut the squares out of the corners and then make cuts down the sides and then tie the two pieces together. They ones they want have kittens with crowns on their heads. I already have them here just need to "make" them.

Sounds like a good project to do on a chilly day.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

good morning.

bbl

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to cdjohnson

good morning! Thanks for the coffee, Betsey! I sure do need it this morning! Hi, Cheryl. I need to do laundry today as well!

adult children.....agree that they sure can be stressful at times!! lol At least at Greyden's age (16 months)they are pretty transparent...he lets you know what he wants and his temper tantrums don't last too long...and he doesn't hold a grudge!!! lol We get along well with ours but have one that we "handle with kid gloves"! lol Of course, it's the one that works here on the ranch with us!

Well, I survived my first chemo treatment. They used my port and gave me zofran in the line before the Velcade but even so I felt a little nauseated on the way home. Seem to be okay this morning, just tired and sore from the days away and so much riding in a car. Need to get up and MOVE today! Would be a good day to hook up the Wii Fit program...hmmmm...have to think about that.

Cheryl, I need to do laundry today, too. It is beginning to take over my bathroom! I SOOO wanted to hang things out on the line today since it makes them smell SOOOO great...but it is snowing here again this morning. Not staying on the ground...just fluttering down and putting some moisture in the air. We'll take anything we can get in the way of moisture so I will NOT complain about not hanging clothes outside! lol

Somebody asked me how much snow we got the other day...nothing really....at least no accumulation and only enough moisture that the top layer of sand was wet. Like I said above...we will take whatever we can get! It is getting down to the upper 20's at night and in the 60's during the day right now...beautiful fall weather. Today the highs won't be near that so it will be a good day to stay inside! South of us about 50 miles they got 2 or 3 inches of snow last weekend...a friend of mine posted on FB her grandkids playing in the yard in the snow! They had enough to be making trails in the snow in the yard. Not here.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

Betsey, I think it really stinks about your doctor appointment -- pacemaker check. Why on earth had they not let you know the location was changed! Good grief! Hope you have a good day at work. You are long since there this morning between the time change and me stopping to fix Greyden's oatmeal! Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you.

Char, I hope that your dd just stays away for a while and that those girls and you and Peter can settle into a routine AND a calmness with the emotional part of it!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to bears99

Cheryl I made those for all my grandkids last year for their birthday. They are very warm and my grandkids use them all the time. It took me about an hour to make ONE.. the trick is to cut all the strips the same size... I am not sure I did them right but they sure do like them. I was thinking of making a few for here for throws or extra blankets for the kids when they come to visit.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

We are supposed to get Rain on Friday.. I am almost ready to turn on my heaters.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

I have found in my advanced age I have very little patience left when it comes to adults. We had this CLC project since the first week of this class and some people are just now dealing with it. Why wait till the last minute when there has to be so many peoples input on a project? its not like we are all sitting in a classroom. We all have jobs, life, family... why put it off till the last???? I have had my stuff done for over a week... people just amaze me.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-09-12 07:18 AM
In response to bears99

Good morning to you all! It is almost noon and I am slowly reviving from the weekend! I don't know why I get so tired. It is probably because I am off my regular routine, and trying to be entertaining and make sure everyone is comfortable and have what they need.

I really enjoyed their visit. All is well today other than the toilet still not at 100%. I don't think we had anyone here young enough to put toothbrushes in there, and no one old enough to toss dentures in!

However we do have teenager granddaughters that probably use more than normal paper and Allen frets that they may have tossed in their pads/tampoons! I said I think they know better than that. Julie said when family comes like that keep the cheapest thinnest toilet paper instead of the kind we use (which appears thicker and softer!)

What a subject! Oh well, never a dull moment here!

Josie do you get any side effects from your chemo? You sound chipper this morning! The pictures of Greyden are so cute. How grown up they look after the first haircut!

You must be jumping for joy to have your mothers scrapbook done. I have to get the one done I am working on for my brother and printed.

I have to tell you all about one of my daughters best friends all through high school. Her name is Holly and she now lives in Florida with her bubby and three daughters. She recently was back in Maine for their high school reunion. She was really sick with Hodgkins Disease and survived that and then a few years later she had breast cancer and had a double mastectomy. She had a photo posted on her facebook site telling about her hair falling out and how she then let her daughters shave her head and take the hair and put it all outside for the birds nesting material.

SHe had this positive affirmation which I love -

"If you can face a tough time with a smile, you'll feel better than if you face it with a frown."

She is a beautiful young lady and such a sweet person. Holly is now 48.

I don't know why, but I felt like sharing that since we all seem to have some struggles of one kind or another going on in our daily lives.

Edited by Tishd on 10-09-12 07:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to tneal40

JUst time for a quick good morning to everyone while my load of clothes finish in the dryer. I have garden club this afternoon so I will get my shower and dress early so I can scrap until time to leave.

Jo, glad to hear you have 2 treatments done! I did not have a port when I did chemo and I will not do that if I ever have it again. My veins were not good for lab draws and chemo every few days and I ended up getting stuck several times while they tried to find "suitable" veins. Thankfully, my doctor decided 4 (rather than 6) treatments were enough for me.

Teia, there will always be a few hold outs in group projects who cause those who do not wait until the last minute lots of unnecessary concern. I think that is why I always preferred to study alone and do individual projects.

Cheryl, those blankets sound interesting. Don't think I have seen anything like them. That may be because it is so warm here most of the year that there is no need for them. LOL

Betsey, hope you have a pleasant and uneventful day. You are due a few!

Char, does your custody of the children allow you to limit the visit of your daughter? While it is important for them to maintain contact, there should be conditions for how she conducts herself. The children certainly do not need the emotional strain this is placing them in.

Tish, I was "braced" for your chatting and don't see any posts from you yet!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-09-12 07:31 AM
In response to memex9

I hope your day goes by quickly Betsey so you can come home and put your feet up and relax!

I stayed up late and read last night. I am reading a wonderful book (a true story). It is a wonderful read and I highly recommend it to anyone that has an interest in the afterlife regardless of your beliefs!

The book is To Heaven and Back by Mary C. Neal, M.D.

and yes, Teia, I do believe the author was on the Katie Couric show this week!

It surely makes one think and wonder. I find the subject fascinating.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

OOOPPPS! Tish. you and I were being our chatty selves at the same time!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-09-12 07:45 AM
In response to Tishd

Good morning grams!

St. Peter sent an email to our lawyer to ask him if we can have her not come this weekend. I really think we need a break. She wants to come two in a row because of the visit she missed when she was sick. Next weekend we are taking the girls to eastern washington for their half sisters birthday. She is angry that we are doing that too.

The next weekend is "her" weekend and I am taking the girls to Great Wolf Lodge with my sister on Sunday. She usually leaves by 11 am anyway.

I have a therapy appointment this afternoon.....have not been in to see her since June.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-09-12 07:47 AM
In response to oakhills

Ann, I am here! As you can see I was chatting away as you were typing.

How soon ones mind forgets! Well mine does! My chemo was given by infusion/drip. I did not have a port, but I did have the catheter left in and taped to my arm until I came back the next day. I think I went through a week (5 days) of chemo, and then would have a break of 3 weeks, and then start again, and this went on for about six months.

Each time I went they did a blood draw before hand to make sure it was safe enough for me to have chemo. Many needles and pokes for the past three years! LOL...Luckily needles to not freak me out or bother me. I do have my preferences as to who does it though!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-09-12 07:50 AM
In response to charK

Char, this has to be so hard on you and the girls. I am really glad you are able to have a lawyer who is looking out for everyones best interests.

Are you going for physical therapy, or psychotherapy? When I was at a very depressed stage in my life, I went to the most wonderful psychotherapist that helped me so much with life!

How are you feeling? Other than being tired. How are the aches, pains and the pain under the ribs?

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-09-12 07:52 AM
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
I have found in my advanced age I have very little patience left when it comes to adults. We had this CLC project since the first week of this class and some people are just now dealing with it. Why wait till the last minute when there has to be so many peoples input on a project? its not like we are all sitting in a classroom. We all have jobs, life, family... why put it off till the last???? I have had my stuff done for over a week... people just amaze me.

Teia, you and I must be opposite. I found that as I advanced in age, I have much much more patience with people. But....here is a big but..my years are further advanced than yours!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics