Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Why do you have to find your own school to do your practice teaching in???? I'm not sure I understand.......Amanda is assigned a school through the district school board. She goes to school in Tampa/St. Pete, different district, but her practice teaching which they call internship here, is assigned by the school district where she lives. This will be her second internship which will be elementary school, 4th grade. She has already taught at a Middle school for one semester and needs the elementary school....to complete her degree. She will make her own lesson plans, etc......of course a teacher is also in the room and will provide guidance etc.....but she did not have to find a school herself. I am curious as to what kind of school you are attending.......will you have a bachelors degree????? just curious! Do you have to take final exams, and then take the state licensing test???????

These practicums are for a class. All the classes I have left need practicum hours. This one needs 20 hours in 8 weeks those we have to find the school ourself. As to my student teaching the district will find that for me THROUGH the college I am going to on line. I am going for my Bachelors degree yes but its all on line. I do have to take my content quizes before I do student teaching then my state licensing test after my student teaching. I am scared of the content testing cause I do not like science and I did not do so well in it in school... I barely passed it to graduate.

Edited by tneal40 on 10-12-12 06:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

I went out on the front porch cause I saw a red glow in the sky... it was a HUGE rainbow. I got a picture but it does not do it justices of course. The ski is over cast, the trees are swaying, I can smell rain coming YEPPERS!!! fall has come to my town. No rain yet but it will be falling soon I am sure. I got some hot chocolate for the kids cause even though I told daughter to find someone to watch the kids today.... I am watching them *sigh*. I wanted so much to start on a project today too.
Some where over the Rainbow By Tneal40

Edited by tneal40 on 10-12-12 07:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

It is sprinkling here. The paper said yesterday that in the last 13 weeks we had .7 inch of rain. dry dry dry.

Cathe; well bummer about the back being messed up from a massage. Hope it is back to normal soon.

Teia; how cool; a big rainbow. It's fall here also. Leaves are falling in the back yard. Yesterday I pulled all the summer flowers out of the beds and weeded.

Today: chores, looking for some paper work I've misplaced, grocery shopping and then pull out a few boxes of glass to price for the show.

bbl Happy Friday all.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

Tish; just curious. What type of printer do you have?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Betsey; you are right: big problems and how/who can fix them... really fix them? Maybe it's my age but I feel sometimes that it's all so hopeless. I heard one of my kids comment last weekend "It's all so confusing and who is telling the truth?" Good question.

I think Obama wants to be reelected he just had a bad night at the debate. Mitt's 47% that won't vote for him no matter what is probably right on... just didn't need to be so condescending and dismissive of 'them'. I bet he wishes he could take back that sentence.

All the double speak in last night debate had me frustrated. Who on here said something about a yes or no answer.... they don't exist anymore.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

Ann: praying for Lara, and you all.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Sunnydi

I just can't see electing someone who does not tell the American people HOW they are going to fix things. I have yet to hear from Ronmey how he is going to do things. All he says is he has a plan... well what is it? is it a secret? is it legal? Is it the same stuff Obama is doing and you just do not want to say it is? And how can Ryan comment our men and women of the military to war in the Middle East? I understand about protecting our boarders and those that come here and do us harm (9/11) but why go lookin for it? We are pulling out of Afghanistan cause their own troops are taking over... the unrest is not cause we are leaving.. its cause they are not taking over very well and they need to WAKE UP!!! Do not blame obama for their stupitity... I mean really!! (ok off my box and no more polatics for me for a bit lol)

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

Ladies.....I was checking out the gallery this a.m. and found this Travel Suitcase album...omgosh I think it is a fabulous idea... her id is BrePalmer and I hope this link works:

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Sunnydi

Hi all..today is a Greyden day for me. Roy left early to help the neighbors work cattle all day. Nathan left early. To go to town to pick up the new feed bunks that are finally ready and then to go on and help a friend with some electrician work. Kari left early to go to Ogallala to meet Kristi and get the kids for the weekend. Greyden and I are the only ones here! The wind is blowing very hard this morning....and it is just over 40 degrees out there so the windows COLD!!

Politics....the behavior of those to whom we trust the running of our country is appalling. I would never tolerate the behavior that was exhibited during the debate last night in any of my classrooms. Where do they all get off treating each other in a way we work so hard NOT to teach and allow our children to treat each other!??

Greyden is needing to be put down for a nap. He is catching a cold...stuffy head, runny nose, cough, sneezing this morning, and digging at one ear! No fever as yet...

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bears99

Oh poor Greyden; and Grandma. When they feel bad it's usually bad for everybody. Have a good weekend with the grands.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-12-12 09:06 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Good morning Di. My printer is over four years old. It is a HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One Printer - scanner - copier. We have always had good luck with it. The one we had prior to this was like it only it also had a fax (which we really didn't need) When we got our new computer in 2008, I think they gave us the printer so we gave the other printer to Tim.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-12-12 09:13 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Di, I truly am not that well versed on politics but have paid more attention this year than any other year. The elections are about three weeks away, and I am right on the fence as to who will get my vote.

As far as Romney's 47% comment that was recorded...I am sure Obama has said things just as bad only they haven't been recorded and played!

However with that said...there are things they stand for I like and things I don't like, so I have to do some deep soul searching and very soon!

I agree with Josie. It is nice to have a spirited debate, but I do not enjoy the way they went at each other. Didn't really like Joe Biden's condesending attitude, but again, that is just the way he is. On the other hand, Ryan appears a bit stiff, but that is the way he is.

Enough from me because I open mouth and insert foot.

I so want our country to get back on the right track again, the prices go down, jobs for the ones that need them, help for those that need and deserve it and war to go away, and affordable health insurance for those in need. (ME!)

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-12-12 09:19 AM
In response to bears99

Oh poor little boy! I hope he doesn't get an ear infection. Two of my boys were always getting ear infections when little, and they are the ones that have allergies to certain things today. Dennis is very allergic to shell fish. Both Tony and Dennis had bad nasal polps (from allergies) and have had them removed.

Hope he feels better. Grammie's love will help!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-12-12 09:24 AM
In response to tneal40

Teia, well, please don't take this the wrong way. They can tell you how they are going to fix things, they can tell you they are going to do this and do that, but the next thing is DO THEY ACTUALLY DO IT!!!!

and something that stood out last night in the debate...Ryan said that the US consultate in Libya wanted security beefed up before the attack.

Biden seemed unaware of this or pretended to be, when I do believe they did request extra security.

On the other hand, I am sure some of Ryans claims were not right either. So who is to say what is right and what is wrong. THEY ARE SO CONFUSING to the normal person like me! (I think I am normal!!!)
Meaning Romney could tell you a wonderful plan he has to get elected, but the next thing is will he follow through.

Same with Obama....his big thing was CHANGE four years ago...remember.

SO yes, it is nice to hear what they plan to do, but DO THEY actually do it????

Enough from me....Betsey is the one with the knowledge regarding the issues etc, I really am not...

But my voting is not going to depend on what they say...100%. One of the candidates could tell us, if I am elected, I am going to give each voter $1,000.00 but that does not mean it would actually happen! To many obstacles get in their way!!!!

Edited by Tishd on 10-12-12 09:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-12-12 09:52 AM
In response to Tishd

OK, politics aside from me because I don't always know what I am talking about!

So I shall upload a layout. I started out with a funny grayish backgound and ended up with this after changing some color and adding some effects and overlays.

He is a CHIP off the old block By Tishd

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-12-12 09:53 AM
In response to Sunnydi

And my prayers for Ann's Lara also.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-12-12 10:05 AM
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Ladies.....I was checking out the gallery this a.m. and found this Travel Suitcase album...omgosh I think it is a fabulous idea... her id is BrePalmer and I hope this link works:

Just checked the link on the travel suitcase. Very nice. I wish she had put more of a description under the pictures telling how she did this. Maybe she did and I missed it!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Teia, well, please don't take this the wrong way. They can tell you how they are going to fix things, they can tell you they are going to do this and do that, but the next thing is DO THEY ACTUALLY DO IT!!!!

and something that stood out last night in the debate...Ryan said that the US consultate in Libya wanted security beefed up before the attack.

Biden seemed unaware of this or pretended to be, when I do believe they did request extra security.

On the other hand, I am sure some of Ryans claims were not right either. So who is to say what is right and what is wrong. THEY ARE SO CONFUSING to the normal person like me! (I think I am normal!!!)
Meaning Romney could tell you a wonderful plan he has to get elected, but the next thing is will he follow through.

Same with Obama....his big thing was CHANGE four years ago...remember.

SO yes, it is nice to hear what they plan to do, but DO THEY actually do it????

Enough from me....Betsey is the one with the knowledge regarding the issues etc, I really am not...

But my voting is not going to depend on what they say...100%. One of the candidates could tell us, if I am elected, I am going to give each voter $1,000.00 but that does not mean it would actually happen! To many obstacles get in their way!!!!

I do not want to quibble here about who said what....however, do you really believe that Libya, asked for more troops or security and the USA said NO?????? If our own embassy said they were in fear of violence and needed more security it would have been a State Department request, and I feel certain that more would have been provided. We have people all over that area......as you know!!!! The whole thing is laughable......why would we tell our own embassy to "fend for themselves"???? Especially knowing that 9/11 was coming up....that does not even make any sense to me. How would Ryan know who asked for what???? He is a Congressman and not in the oval office. They don't know all that goes on, and so I believe Biden when he says they did not ask....he is certainly in a position to know far more than a Congressman. Anyone who pretends to know what goes on between the President and other heads of state, is only guessing. Obviously for a myriad of reasons all that goes on, all communications are not open for public knowledge and a congressman is not in a position to know anything about that.......Anyone can start a rumor and they do.....let us not forget that I am hearing still......that all this food mess in the public schools is the direct result of Michelle Obama even though this program started 7 years ago. Who, other than maybe people in Illinois, had even heard of Michelle Obama 7 years ago.....Seriously????? I guess she wonders when and how she became so powerful as a first lady as to have single handedly designed this food program for all public school systems in our country. Imagine????? Anyway....that is how rumors work.....they become believeable and one must look at the facts......! Think of all the rumors you have heard in your life, in the job place, your private life, your family etc....that turned out to be based on nothing even remotely resembling the truth. The government is no different. Our country is no different. If you don't believe me, the next time you have a family gathering, get everyone together and play the telephone game. One person whispers a simple sentence to the person next to them and so on around the circle....and just see how it comes out at the last person. And with that I will end this post!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:

Just checked the link on the travel suitcase. Very nice. I wish she had put more of a description under the pictures telling how she did this. Maybe she did and I missed it!

WOW...is this ever fabulous.......she did list the pps she used on many of the pages, and the distressing ink etc........this case is similar to ones I have seen at HL.....not in the scrapbook section, but where all of their wood decorator things are. I looked at most of the pages closely and think she must have used the different page protectors from C Line, as they have all of those that I saw......or she could have made them herself even.......how extremely clever and artistic and how perfect for a travel album.......and it held so many pages and photos.....just fabulous. I love it! thanks for putting up the link!

Di...do you think that she used the different configurations of those C line pages???? How do you think she attached them to the case or to each other/???? What a great idea.......how really original and so artistic......!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Also...has anyone heard from Ann yet???? I am hoping we hear soon.........I am anxious to hear how it all went. Still in my prayers.

Btw......I had a great week at work....Wed, Thurs and today.....I was sort of the cook. Today I actually did cook all of the pizza.......and had a blast......I could do that job I think, with much more training and experience....of course. Cooking 385 pizzas is not that difficult.....however we have very tempremental ovens, and have to rotate and move the trays every couple of minutes as there are hot spots and so forth......it was interesting to say the least. LOL If I were younger and more able, I would try out for a cooks position.....but the hours are too long for me.....6 am until 2 pm. I would not be able to last long at that rate! LOL There is waaay more to it than cooking Pizza and Peas, and Cookies.....but it was fun I have to say!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics