Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-12-12 12:51 PM
In response to Tishd

Good afternoon grams!

Did not see the debate and am glad I didn't. Seriously....do vice-president's ever really do anything??

Have been washing clothes and dishes. My life.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Checking in, eating my yogurt and relaxing.

If you forgot...we are having one of our friends over (a couple)tonight. I cleaned pretty good, but made me realize how lacks I have been. I was going to make apple crisp, but I ran out of steam. good thing I bought some spumoni ice cream.

that suitcase was awesome!

I'll stay out of the politics, but you guys can banter about it. Maybe I'll learn something.

today is gorgeous, they are still predicting rain and even storm for tomorrow. I can't see how it will storm as cool air won't be hitting warm air. It is already cool.

Betsey glad you enjoyed cooking.

Di-hope you found your paper work.

Tish-pretty lo.

Josie- AS soon as Doug got a cold he'd get an ear infection. Casey did too, but not as frequently.
Poor little Greyden.

Teia-I don't blame you for being worried about the Science portion of the tests. I disliked Science. I didn't like teaching it either, but I always made sure I did the experiments that were in the manual. The kids loved them.

Cheryl is still at work.

Char is probably getting ready to pick up girls.

Ann-we are all thinking of you, Lara and the family.

I won't be on tonight...aren't you glad?

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

Well dinner is in the crock pot, two grandkids are sleepin (they are sick and went to sleep pretty quickly after soup for lunch). My plans for the day are not what I had hoped... but I am getting the homework done.

I just get so tired of politicians lying to everyone just to be elected. Reminds me of this kid in the 8th grade promised to have kool-aid in all the drinking fountains if he was elected student body president.... yeah right!!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:
Ladies.....I was checking out the gallery this a.m. and found this Travel Suitcase album...omgosh I think it is a fabulous idea... her id is BrePalmer and I hope this link works:

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Just checked the link on the travel suitcase. Very nice. I wish she had put more of a description under the pictures telling how she did this. Maybe she did and I missed it!

WOW...is this ever fabulous.......she did list the pps she used on many of the pages, and the distressing ink etc........this case is similar to ones I have seen at HL.....not in the scrapbook section, but where all of their wood decorator things are. I looked at most of the pages closely and think she must have used the different page protectors from C Line, as they have all of those that I saw......or she could have made them herself even.......how extremely clever and artistic and how perfect for a travel album.......and it held so many pages and photos.....just fabulous. I love it! thanks for putting up the link!

Di...do you think that she used the different configurations of those C line pages???? How do you think she attached them to the case or to each other/???? What a great idea.......how really original and so artistic......!

I don't know Betsey. I pm'd her asking a few questions so when I hear, if I hear, I'll share. I sure would love to see it in person.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-12-12 04:25 PM
In response to Sunnydi

Just checking in before bedtime. (for me bedtime is usually 9-9:30 pm).

Wanted to say hello!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Good evening everyone!!

Ann - I sure hope everything is going ok with Lara's surgery and recovery. Thoughts and prayers your way.

Di - Loved that linke for the suitcase album.

Josie - Sorry Greyden isn't feeling well.

Teia - Sorry your plans did not go your way!!

Betsey - At least you had some fun at work this week!!

Char - My daughter loves that Taylor Swift song!!

We had Autumn Stew that I left cooking in the crockpot this morning for supper tonight. It was yummy!! Priscilla is at the football game.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to cdjohnson

Teia...you have me laughing out loud with the image of kool-aid in the drinking fountains!

Cheryl....Autumn stew...how is that different from beef stew?

have 4 grands here tonight. Kari brought the kids home and then left again to go to Gordon for a haircut and then to a friends house for a home perm. In other words...I had them all by myself from noon to 7pm!!! I am TIRED!!!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to bears99

Thanks to everyone for your concern and prayers for Lara. So sorry I am this late in posting but it has been a difficult 2 days. She is still in the hospital tonight but hopes to come home tomorrow. She was in surgery for about 8 hours yesterday. The cancer had spread to the sentinel node so all of the lymph nodes were removed. We will get the pathology report on that later. The reconstructive part of the surgery took about five hours. Just as the dr. was finishing up a vein started to bleed so he had to reopen the surgery site, stop the "bleeder" and then reclose. Needless to say, we were all getting quite anxious by the time he came out to tell us how she was doing. She was terribly sick from the anesthesia and pain medication last night. The dr. changed the pain meds today and she was feeling better tonight. With the bilateral mastectomy, she won't be able to do some things for herself for the next couple of weeks as she cannot raise her arms to shoulder height for a while.

Because it is so late, I will not try to catch up with everyone tonight. I may be MIA a lot for the next few days. Robbie will have to return to work on Monday and I will be caring for Lara until she gets the okay to do more for herself.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

Ann; thanks for checking in and letting us know how she is doing. Sounds like a rough two days. Take care of yourself and get rest when you can.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Sunnydi

Ann, thank you so much for the update!! I appreciate hearing how things went and I agree with Di...YOU get some rest and don't forget to take care of yourself! Will continue to pray for Lara....that the recovery is quick and complete.

Di...glad your "Dori day" is moving to Wednesday for most of the time since that works better for you! After today, I am reminded just how tired a 16 month old kid can make this Gramma!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to bears99

Its almost 3am here and I cann't sleep. dh decided to wait till 4am to leave for Astoria cause of all the accidents on the roadway today. It does not rain for 108 days and the world ends it seems when it does rain .

Ann thank you for the update, I have been wondering if your ok and how she is doing. Make sure you do like Jo says and take care of yourself also as you take care of daughter. All my best to your family.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-13-12 03:35 AM
In response to tneal40

Good morning to everyone! It is a chilly 29 degrees here!

Ann, thank you for the update on Lara. I will keep her in my prayers, and you also!

I am glad you can be there for her while she heals.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Tishd

Morning Tish...

dh just left for Astoria.. coffee is on as he took the first pot with him in a Thermus. Will be working on my project today and hopefully will have it done by Sunday afternoon for your surprise. Will see also if I can get the challenge done. So much needs to be done here not sure I can get to it.

Homework is all done and submitted. My last assignment is to do a Classroom Management Plan for myself. A friend of mine sent me hers so I can see what all is needed in it. Going to be one long document with lots of details.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-13-12 04:01 AM
In response to tneal40

Good morning, Teia. I am up and dressed and ready to start my day. Sounds like you are very busy!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

Morning.....I am up, finally......woke up at 4 as usual, made coffee, took a cup back to bed, turned on the TV and started to watch an old movie.......and went back to sleep until 7:30.....Ahhhhh it was just getting light when I woke up ......the sun is just now coming up I can see it through the trees to the East......!!!! Almost 8:30 and it is just now visable. Daylight time can't change back too soon for me! LOL

Ann.......I am sooo sorry for the long and difficult surgery for your daughter. I am happy that you are able to be there for her during her recovery......but as others have said, do not forget to take care of yourself too. I am keeping all of you in my prayers.......!!!! Sending you !!!!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

dh called me.. his truck won't turn over. He is at a rest area. He is going to get a jump then head back home. He is then going to head to Wally world for a battery for it. He thinks that is what is wrong. looks like he will not get to Astoria today. (dang it)

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Good morning!! I am up and doing laundry but trying to be fairly quiet so as not to wake dh. It is cool and foggy here this morning. Not sure of plans for today but will probably include some scrapping.

Ann - You and your family are in my prayers!! Thanks for giving us an update. I was starting to get worried.

Josie - Autumn Stew is ground beef, hot or mild Italian sausage, onion, carrots, green beans, corn, tomato sauce, tomato paste, stewed tomatoes with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. My husband prefers it over beef stew because of all the tomatoes.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to tneal40

Oh Ann, I sure wish surgery had gone better. I will be praying for Lara and you and the family.

I'm up early 7:30. I think it's because my back hurt. It is fine when I go to bed, but by the time I wake up it hurts. I think I need a firmer mattress, but ours is so new. I wonder if I could sell it on Craig's list.

It is dreary out. I don't know yet if Carole, Rose and are going to the craft fair. I really don't need a thing.

Have a good day.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

Teai so sorry you had sleep issues last night.

Cheryl is the Italian sausage crumbled like hamburger or in sausage form? It sounds good.

Hi Betsey, & Tish, I bet you're surprised I'm up. lol

Josie that is a long time for you to have 4 kids. Does Breanna play with Greyden for you?

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-13-12 06:34 AM
In response to scrappin 2

Yes, surprised to see Cathe up so early this morning but I had forgotten your Craft Fair! Enjoy even if it is raining.

Cheryl, I was going to ask you about the Autumn stew and then read back a few pages and see what it is. I was thinking of making a beef stew this weekend. Allen loves it. Vi had made one and taken some to her granddaughter, Macy last Thursday.

Speaking of tomatoes, I bought some delicious ones at the Amish store when my dil was here last week, also a bag of yummy macintosh apples.

Good morning, Betsey. Do you have any big plans for today? I have so much to do, I don't know where to begin. I guess I will start with getting Ralph's book together (the one he paid $$$ for).

Teia will your hubby get penalized for not going to guard this weekend. I guess I thought when they went to guard duty, the one weekend a month, they had the army vechicles to ride in, but I really don't know that much about it!

Ann, thank you for emailing the link to Get it scrapped! There is a lot of great digi tips there. I am feeling like the long gran here with my digi scrapping. Well...I guess both Char and Cheryl do digi too, but the majority of sb.com are really paper scrappers. If one checks the forums, you never see digi forums!

Di, if you should get a package in the mail today or Monday from Amazon, it is your Rak~!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics