Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-29-12 07:08 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Josie has drawn our winner and I will get a winning layout and announcement out in awhile. For the announcements I use quick pages so they aren't that demanding!

I will also put up a sketch this week for the challenge!

Happy Thursday morning. My week is so messed up!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • memex9 Said:
In the days of the Andy Williams Christmas Shows, and some of those, they were good.

I put on an Andy Williams Christmas cd yesterday and got all teary eyed. Dale says "what's wrong".. "he's dead now" I said.

We saw him in concert in Seattle about 5 Christmas' ago...fun and fabulous show.

Carole and I saw Andy here. He did a Christmas show. One of the highlights of my life. He was awesome. He wore that all white outfit and sang all his wonderful songs.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

We didn't win the powerball lottery either.

It is supposed to be really warm Sat. and Sun. Hopefully we will get some outside lights up.

Sure hope they find that climber. My brother said that that happens frequently. I don't understand putting your life in danger to climb a mt. But then that's me, not a risk taker at all!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-29-12 07:32 AM

Cathe, with me it would depend on the type of risk to be taken? Mountain climbing when there was a risk of snow or an avalanche...no thank you, but if someone said, give me $25.00 for a chance to win a million, I would take that risk.

Trying to get somethings ready to go to the Post Office, then I need to wrap Abbi's gifts and make the winning layout.

I made our bed while I still have this spurt of energy flowing!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-29-12 08:04 AM
In response to Tishd

AND THE WINNER IS.......

Our Winner By Tishd

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

Congrats Cathe (our winner this time).....

Tish; that's nice of you to make the layout and geeeeeee lady; I haven't even made my bed this a.m.

You frisky thing...

We just moved the front room furniture around to make room for our tree; and then we got it out of the attic. I will work on decorating tomorrow.

Betsey; I like Scotty McCeery. He was an American Idol winner a few years ago at the age of 17. I bought his Christmas Album. I missed that show; darn. Will have to look for a rerun of it.

I also bought Rod Stewart's Christmas cd and am a little disappointed. He (to me) sound very monotone...like he doesn't give a darn.

off to scrap for an hour. I did some cricut cutting late last night for this layout so just need to glue it all down now.

bbl

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

• scrappin 2 Said:

Sure hope they find that climber. My brother said that that happens frequently. I don't understand putting your life in danger to climb a mt. But then that's me, not a risk taker at all!

I have a nephew who has always lived to the extreme in sports. He was the one who would snowboard out of bounds constantly. He packed enough gear to live two days if trapped, had two beacons, extra batteries... etc. Of course he was assuming he'd be alive for 'them' to find him.

He's broken more bones in his life; even his back. He's settled down at the age of 38 when he fell in hard love with his now wife. He's a parasailing and surfing instructor in HI.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-29-12 09:11 AM
In response to Sunnydi

I have skier's and snowboarders in the family too Di. I always worry about them breaking something, especially Jackson who Snowboards! He is now 17.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-29-12 09:14 AM
In response to Tishd

I have been trying to get a few things done before I crash and have to have a nap!

Here is our challenge for the next time. We can start anytime and due date will be, December 9 at midnight. This time it is a sketch because some of you have expressed a desire to do sketches.

We will have a twist though, so listen carefully. The twist is to make this a Christmas layout. A favorite tradition, or a favorite or favorite items you love to use at Christmas time. Just make it Christmasy by following the sketch! Give credit to PageMaps.

Sketch By Tishd

Edited by Tishd on 11-29-12 09:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • scrappin 2 Said:

I have a nephew who has always lived to the extreme in sports. He was the one who would snowboard out of bounds constantly. He packed enough gear to live two days if trapped, had two beacons, extra batteries... etc. Of course he was assuming he'd be alive for 'them' to find him.

He's broken more bones in his life; even his back. He's settled down at the age of 38 when he fell in hard love with his now wife. He's a parasailing and surfing instructor in HI.

They found the climber. He posted his cordinites on his Facebook page and thats how they found him. I was so amazed. He could not call but he could post on the internet.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

I have both the girls this morning. They are coloring in their color books right now. dd Cecilia had to go to her drug group for her graduation. I am so glad she is changing her life. I told dh we need to make sure we have a play area for the grandkids so they know where they are able to play at. Unfortunitly that goes away during the Month of Dec cause of the tree. So I cleared out a spot by the stairs and put there box of toys there. I do not go up stairs much so that is the perfect spot. The kids are not here when Scott is here so they are not in his way either.

Grats Cathe.. this new challenge should be cool. I think I have 4 pictures of one event some where.

Edited by tneal40 on 11-29-12 10:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to tneal40

Di - I bought Scott McCreary's Christmas album too. I got the MP3 album on Amazon for $3.99

I watched the Christmas special. I didn't enjoy Rod Stewart last night. I can hardly believe Tony Bennett is still singing.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

Love the challenge Tish. thanks. I still have pics from last Christmas to scrap.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

Cheryl; do you like Scott's album? I do; but I love his voice and it'll only get more mature as is great.

I finished my layout and need to photo it. Will share when do.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Sunnydi

Dropping off the challenge

Chapa Clan By Tneal40

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to tneal40

YHEA!!! I won!!!

what a nice surprise!!!

I ran into town today. I need a sheet of 4th of july paper and a sheet of valentine paper to finish Jill's album. The area I shop at has jo ann's, hl, M's, Kohl's, Target, etc. I went to JA to buy a bos of Zots for half price. got my two sheets of paper at hl. Got boneless catfish for supper.

I took a walk when I got home. Casey called and said, "Are you shopping" apparently my daughter thinks I shop too much. lol I said, "No I'm walking"

I didn't think Rod Stewart sounded good last night. Maybe he was sick. I enjoyed that trio of young men, who were they?

Rum said he'd get me a Kindle fire if I really wanted one. But I guess I couldn't get my email on it because we have comcast.
I don't know if it would be advantageous for me to have one.

I'm going to have the 4 grandkids spend the night tomorrow. I thought I had some spaghetti sauce frozen but don't. I'm out of hamburger. I really don't want to run to town again tomorrow. Guess I'll go to plan B...whatever that is!

Teia wow are you speedy!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2

Betsey please tell me again how to resize a photo in Picasa. I thought I had written it down, but can't find it. I messed around with the tool bar, but couldn't figure it out.

Cheryl forgot to say to have fun decorating your tree tonight, having your popcorn and movie. Take pictures!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-29-12 03:07 PM

Checking in to say hello and then going to settle down and crochet and watch television. Speaking of the special last night at Rockafeller Center, I was disappointed in the show. The tree lighting at the end was beautiful, but I wasn't all that impressed with the performers. I did enjoy Tony Bennett and Scotty McCreery. They were good.

I still love the old fashioned Christmas songs of old. Rockaround the Christmas Tree and songs like that are cute but not my favorite, that's for sure.

Tim and the kids just left. We had supper, cake and ice cream and Abbi had fun opening her gifts.

Where is Betsey tonight? Betsey you out again on a "Hot Date?"

Teia, I can't believe you got the challenge done already!!!!!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Tish - glad to hear that Abbi had a birthday party at her Grammies house. Did she turn 13?
I wish my dinner was over. I don't look forward to fixing or eating the catfish I purchased.

I was wondering where Betsey was too.

I must say I did like Miriah Carry's opening song. I enjoyed the show. I put my new Lady Antebellum cd in the car. I really like it. I'm thinking about getting the Andy Williams cd Christmas Present. They must not have produced a lot of them. A used one is 30 bucks.

I'll probably bbl

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2

btw Thank you Josie for pulling my name!!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics