Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
I have been trying to get a few things done before I crash and have to have a nap!

Here is our challenge for the next time. We can start anytime and due date will be, December 9 at midnight. This time it is a sketch because some of you have expressed a desire to do sketches.

We will have a twist though, so listen carefully. The twist is to make this a Christmas layout. A favorite tradition, or a favorite or favorite items you love to use at Christmas time. Just make it Christmasy by following the sketch! Give credit to PageMaps.

Sketch By Tishd

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
I have been trying to get a few things done before I crash and have to have a nap!

Here is our challenge for the next time. We can start anytime and due date will be, December 9 at midnight. This time it is a sketch because some of you have expressed a desire to do sketches.

We will have a twist though, so listen carefully. The twist is to make this a Christmas layout. A favorite tradition, or a favorite or favorite items you love to use at Christmas time. Just make it Christmasy by following the sketch! Give credit to PageMaps.

Sketch By Tishd

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

Did anyone get those little buttons at JC Penneys? You get two cute little pins and then go online and enter a code to win prizes. Well I won a $10 gift card and a $5, gift card...I sure think whoever thought of this marketing idea should get a raise. How do you get people into the store? Let them think they won something! When they come in to spend that ten or five surely they will spend more. lol
the buttons are vintage looking.surely they will be collectable and worth a lot of money in the future. lol I'd better tell my children not to throw them out when I die. (laughing again - they don't want any of my stuff)

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Just thought I would make sure you all read the entire challenge!!!! this is supposed to be a Christmas Challenge using that sketch!!!!!! Ok????????? Tish thought maybe she did not explain it well, but it is clear as she wrote it, at least to me. If you have questions, just ask Tish.....!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Congrats Cathe (our winner this time).....

Tish; that's nice of you to make the layout and geeeeeee lady; I haven't even made my bed this a.m.

You frisky thing...

We just moved the front room furniture around to make room for our tree; and then we got it out of the attic. I will work on decorating tomorrow.

Betsey; I like Scotty McCeery. He was an American Idol winner a few years ago at the age of 17. I bought his Christmas Album. I missed that show; darn. Will have to look for a rerun of it.

I also bought Rod Stewart's Christmas cd and am a little disappointed. He (to me) sound very monotone...like he doesn't give a darn.

off to scrap for an hour. I did some cricut cutting late last night for this layout so just need to glue it all down now.

bbl

Remember that Rod and I are almost the same age.......LOL I would sound bad too at this point.......but I still love him....in fact like him better older than i did younger. I have several of his cd's the ones he made for his Mom and Dad, of all the 40's music, and I forget the other one...but I play them both all the time.....I think he had some trouble with some pitches on the special, but all in all he did well with a song that is pretty difficult to sing I think. But.....I am a Rod Stewart fan from long ago. LOL

I was not a big American Idol fan after the first season.......I don't watch all these others either, I try, but just of no interest to me.....They all sound pretty much the same to me.........just getting old I guess. I did watch the three teen tenors from Italy the other night on PBS,.....now them I could watch and listen to all night long.....three more talented, personable young people I have not seen in a long long time.......they are marvelous. Check your PBS station and see when they will show this new show......fabulous....just fabulous!

Has anyone seen tthem.>>>>?????????

Edited by memex9 on 11-29-12 04:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • scrappin 2 Said:

Sure hope they find that climber. My brother said that that happens frequently. I don't understand putting your life in danger to climb a mt. But then that's me, not a risk taker at all!

I have a nephew who has always lived to the extreme in sports. He was the one who would snowboard out of bounds constantly. He packed enough gear to live two days if trapped, had two beacons, extra batteries... etc. Of course he was assuming he'd be alive for 'them' to find him.

He's broken more bones in his life; even his back. He's settled down at the age of 38 when he fell in hard love with his now wife. He's a parasailing and surfing instructor in HI.

I have two extreme winter sport nephews...in fact the ones that live in Bellingham. They were skiing at age two when they lived up in Twisp area. They are both grown now, John a new Daddy.......and not doing that now, but Wil who is single, still ski's snowboards and all that stuff takes risks at it still. He is 28. They were both Junior Olympic skiiers........!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• scrappin 2 Said:
Did anyone get those little buttons at JC Penneys? You get two cute little pins and then go online and enter a code to win prizes. Well I won a $10 gift card and a $5, gift card...I sure think whoever thought of this marketing idea should get a raise. How do you get people into the store? Let them think they won something! When they come in to spend that ten or five surely they will spend more. lol
the buttons are vintage looking.surely they will be collectable and worth a lot of money in the future. lol I'd better tell my children not to throw them out when I die. (laughing again - they don't want any of my stuff)

I never shop at JC Penney even on the rare occasion I go to the Mall. As you can tell Mall shopping is not my kind of shopping. I probably have not been in the Mall three times in the last five years.....!!!!!! I might go this year just to see the christmas decor and hear the music.

I do love to go to Countryside Mall about 4o min from here, in the winter especially.......they have a big ice rink in the middle and I love sitting at a table drinking hot chocolate, see the christmas lights etc. and pretnending it a northern christmas......then go outside into blinding sun, heat and palm trees....it's a hoot!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Ok....enough from me......I am off to watch TV, rest......read........and hopefully sleep for a big day at work tomorrow......long day!!! 8-2:30.........almost 6 hours.....glad its a Friday.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

Well for heavens sake... this is what I get for being quick....I just saw the sketch and got to work on it...I need to read instructions grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr...

ok DO NOT LOAD THAT UP ON THE FIRST PAGE CHERYL.... I will do another one and use my new christmas kit I got a few days ago...

Thank you Betsy for letting me know..

Edited by tneal40 on 11-29-12 04:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-29-12 04:55 PM

Cathe, Abbi turned 11, not 13!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to tneal40

Cathe - Congrats on the win!!!

Tish - Glad Abbi had a good birthday celebration at your house.

Our tree is now up, we have full bellies and have watched The Grinch Who Stole Christmas and are a happy bunch. I finally go the size picture I needed for my mother's present and am working on it tonight.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to cdjohnson

ok here is my challenge WITH THE TWIST lol

Holiday Joy By Tneal40

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to tneal40

I'm chuckling Teia because I read the challenge and yet when I say your first lo I didn't even notice that it was Christmas. lol

Your second on is very pretty and Christmasy.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson

I finished it, I finished it!!! The block for my mom is completed, and I am really happy with how it turned out.

Great Grands By Cdjohnson

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 11-29-12 07:08 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Super cute CHERYL!!

TEIA....you are fast woman!!! Both times.

Girls had half a day today. After school we went to my sisters work and she made us lunch. Then I took her to her doc appointment and waited for her. Peter came to her work and got the girls, they went bowling with their dad, gf and sister.

They are home now having KFC that Peter brought home.

Girls are off tomorrow too. I have conferences with their teachers in the afternoon.

Busy days.

TISH love the new sketch.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:

But.....I am a Rod Stewart fan from long ago. LOL

Me too Betsey. I remember exactly where I was when I heard Maggie May the first time.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Cathe, Abbi turned 11, not 13!

It's so nice she had dinner with you and cake.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 11-29-12 09:27 PM
In response to Sunnydi

I LOVE Rod Stewart!! He puts on an excellent concert.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-30-12 02:24 AM
In response to charK

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto on Rod Stewart. I have always loved him. He was in Las Vegas several times when we were there, but we did not see one of his shows!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-30-12 02:27 AM
In response to memex9

Thank you for the re post Betsey. I am glad you re posted because I guess I didn't high light the part about Christmas very well.

And Teia...speedy redo! Good girl!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics