Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-07-12 04:07 PM
In response to Sunnydi

Di, how is your cold, and Dori's?

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Betsey, Allen knows you did not take those pictures.....he was trying to be funny! Do people really dress like that? Do you think some of the photos were posed?

I went into a music store today, called Bull Moose Music. My grandson, Jackson, wanted a gift card to that store. I must say there were some odd looking people in there!

It is really not nice for me to say that. For all I know, these hippie/ grunge type people probably thought I looked funny in my jeans and LL Bean jacket!

I wish I could say that these might have been posed....but I am not lying, if you go to the Walmart I am talking about, you will see people just like theese.....especially the tattoos, the skimply clothes ones, and the weird hair ones.....when I tell you that I live in the land of the scum-bag I am not joking. Between my house and that particular Walmart there are five, tattoo parlours......yues!!!!!! FIVE in an 8 mile strip of US19!!!!!! Tattoo parlor, bar, tire place, tattoo parlor bar, quick pic, tattoo parlour, bar, pizza place...or any fast food you can think of....Mac donalds, Burger King, and almost any one you can name is in there too, and that is between the sleezy motels. LOL It is about an 8 mile "stretch of Heaven." I have no idea why that part is so horrid, but it is and always has been but worse in the past 10 years. AnywAY....Walmart seems to be the headstone of all that part. And seriously, I do not shop there anymore.......lots of purse snatchings, car invasions in that Walmart parking lot, especially older people seem to be the targets most of the time.......so.....suffice to say, those pictures are really true and taken by different people on their cell phones of a period of time.......! Watch a few minutes Lizard Lick Towing, or Parking lot wars, or the Repo show, and you will see the kind of people I am talking about.....they really do live, breath and breed in many parts of our country. I just happen to live near one of the breeding grounds apparently!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

You have hippie grunge people in Maine????? How funny! We call them rednecks here in Florida!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Tish.....Music stores don't count......musicians are a special breed and always have been...even in our day! Remember Gene Krupa???????? ok.....enough humor for one night!

When you come down to visit Vi, I will take you on the scenic tour......LOL It will take about 30 minutes.....!!!!!

Edited by memex9 on 12-07-12 04:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-07-12 06:34 PM
In response to scrappin 2

Cathe...go to Olive Garden! Wait until your tummy feels better! I love their salad and bread sticks! Can you believe we just used the balance on that gift card from a year ago. its value was $50.00 to begin with!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Tish - I love Applebees!! I don't think I have been there in almost a year though.

Cathe - I would pick Olive Garden over Red Lobster. I love their chicken gnocchi soup and salad. The other thing I order is Chicken Scampi.

Betsey - Thanks for sharing the hilarious Walmart photos.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-07-12 06:55 PM
In response to cdjohnson

And I love their shrimp scampi!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Oh I DO love the Olive Garden. I love their soup and salad. We have one here.

Tish--my stomach is really funny...it feels better when I eat.

Our Kohl's is very nice. I like the Chaps brand. I like the house section for towels and pictures. It is a good place to buy undies.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-07-12 07:01 PM
In response to memex9

Why yes, i do remember the crazy drummer! I need sleep......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Gene Krupa must have been before my time.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-07-12 07:18 PM

I don't know who the Krupa guy is either!! LOL

My glue gun, new one, died so had to go get another one. I am bound and determined to finish that dang nab wreath!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-07-12 10:26 PM
In response to charK

So now i am out of ornaments again. Another trip to Michael's tomorrow. This PIN should have given an amount that was needed. I would say well over 100!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-08-12 04:50 AM

He was part of the big band era, back in the Benny Goodman days.....he probably was before your time! My dads age probably....

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-08-12 04:53 AM
In response to Tishd

Shaking my head, and trying to wake up! Good morning! I promised my friend Punkey I would meet her at nine and go to the Freedom Craft Fair! I am not enthused!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

[q:uote=scrappin 2]Oh I DO love the Olive Garden. I love their soup and salad. We have one here.

Tish--my stomach is really funny...it feels better when I eat.

Our Kohl's is very nice. I like the Chaps brand. I like the house section for towels and pictures. It is a good place to buy undies.

Cathe...are you sure you are not 50 something or younger??????

You don't remember Gene Krupa?????? He was a very, very famous drummer......and played in bands well into the 60's....also there were two movies made about him.....not to mention all the movies he was in....LOL I guess then you did not know who Dave Brubeck was who just recently died??????? I think he was even from Chicago.....but maybe not! LOL I sometimes forget that everyone was not into the movie musicals like I was as a kid........and still am I guess. I did see Gene Krupa live when I was in High School, and all the boys that played in bands who were drummers wanted to be Gene Krupa......and this was well into the 50's early 60's........however, I guess its the difference between 73 and 63 or 53.....

Edited by memex9 on 12-08-12 05:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Good morning ladies.........coffee is on...Tish is getting ready for a craft fair.....Tish.....think positive thoughts...even if you don't find something wonderful to buy, you will have fun with your friend Punkey.......and it will be fun to see all of the wonderful crafts....! (Assuming it is a real craft fair and not like the last one I went to here, where everything was NOT hand made.) Anyway...sounds like fun to me.....! craft fair anyplace in Maine at Christmastime just has to be fun!!!!!!

Edited by memex9 on 12-08-12 04:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

By the way here is one of his most famous drum solos, Sing, Sing, Sing....in lots of movies.....etc. etc. I bet you have either seen or heard this in a movie and did not know who he was. Here is the link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9J5Zt2Obko

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

This was and is the drummer all young drummers aspire to be like. He was very, very famous as a drummer.......died in 1973 at the age of 64, but his music and so forth was still in movies waay after that. I guess maybe I just saw a lot of movies in my younger years......I espcially loved musicals, which were very popular in the 50's too....and I come from a very musical Mother so maybe that is why I am so familiar with him.......and his music!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I am still tired this morning...and would give anything to not have stuff to do today......sigh! I could spend a day just doing nothing...scrapping and watching movies....sounds wonderful. sigth!

However, I have to do laundry......clean my bathroom, change my sheets, and hit the post office, which I HATE to do on Saturday at this time of year....LOL

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-08-12 05:17 AM
In response to memex9

I grew up listening to big band music, thanks to my father! Also saw the movies you mentioned Betsey. I especially loved The Glenn Miller Story, and The Benny Goodman Story.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics