Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-08-12 05:20 AM
In response to memex9

And I grew up with a very musical father! I will admit he had excellent taste in music, but he hated country western music!?? My dad had speakers all over the house!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Good morning ladies.........coffee is on...Tish is getting ready for a craft fair.....Tish.....think positive thoughts...even if you don't find something wonderful to buy, you will have fun with your friend Punkey.......and it will be fun to see all of the wonderful crafts....! (Assuming it is a real craft fair and not like the last one I went to here, where everything was NOT hand made.) Anyway...sounds like fun to me.....! craft fair anyplace in Maine at Christmastime just has to be fun!!!!!!

OR....everything IS handmade and kind of tacky...like the one Carole, rose and I went to a few weeks ago.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

Betsey thanks for the link. I enjoyed it. He was a good looking guy. I thought when I heard it I'd recognize him, but I didn't. too young I guess. ha ha

Tish-go get out!!!! You'll have fun with Punky.

We didn't get the dusting of snow that the weathermen predicted.

I finished Jill's baby album. The post office did not have a flat rate box it would fit in. The clerk was so nice and went in the back and got me a box. But I have to check in with my sister, we usually send out stuff together. I'll tell her I'll pay more as the album is going to add a lot of weight. She'll probably take it to a pack and send place. She goes for convenience and I go for the cheapest. She does work tho' and I don't.

We are out of milk and scotch tape. How could I let that happen???

Better get going. Have a great day.

Oh btw Rum bowled a 715 last Wed. His name was in the paper. He was a happy camper.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
And I grew up with a very musical father! I will admit he had excellent taste in music, but he hated country western music!?? My dad had speakers all over the house!

When I grew up no one in the family was musical. None of us could carry a tune. I did take guitar lessons. Mom did take violin lessons when she was little. My grandchildren are musical. Rayn is very good at the violin. Van sings. Nev plays clarinet. The jury is still out on Kian. lol

Rum likes speakers, he and your Dad would have been able to sit around and talk sub woofers. lol
We have a huge cube in the family room. It is black and really shows the dust.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills

• scrappin 2 Said:
  • Tishd Said:

When I grew up no one in the family was musical. None of us could carry a tune. I did take guitar lessons. Mom did take violin lessons when she was little. My grandchildren are musical. Rayn is very good at the violin. Van sings. Nev plays clarinet. The jury is still out on Kian. lol

Rum likes speakers, he and your Dad would have been able to sit around and talk sub woofers. lol
We have a huge cube in the family room. It is black and really shows the dust.

I can identify with not being able to carry a tune!!! My mother had a BA in music and taught piano and voice prior to getting a BA and MA in Elementary Educ. and teaching for more than 30 years. She tried her best to teach me to play the piano and paid for lessons with anyone around to make sure it wasn't just a parent/child thing that I was not learning from her. Alas, I have NO musical ability just like my dad. I am so glad all three kids can sing and play an instrument. The youngest dgd, Emily, plays the piano quite well.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

I hate to rain on the parade this morning, but I just got a call from Karen, and She and Ally and Lilly are on their way to All Childrens Hospital to see a surgeon who specializes in baby surgeries as they, meaning the pediatrician, the dermatologist here, have all said she needs surgery immediately as they don't like the looks of this birthmark on her bottom lip. Karen just called me as she did not want me to be up all night worrying....but they are on their way to St. Petersburg to see him now. I am so frightened.........as this has been an urgent thing since she saw the doc yesterday......The surgeon gave them his cell phone number for over night, and they are meeting him at the hospital in 30 min. (It is about an hour away)! I am just sick inside for my granddaughter and for baby Lilly............Karen is in her "nurse" mode and is doing well............I am sure everyone is as scared as I am......we Would appreciate prayers from you gals, as I know your prayers are heard! Thanks.........I know this is another piece of "dark" news at this time of year....but I just thought you should all know. I asked Karen if this was as serious as I was thinking......she said, "Yes Mom, it is"!

I did not ask anymore as I know Ally was sitting right there and she was driving....so....enough said for now. I have no details!!!!!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to memex9

OH, Betsey, I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep Lilly, Ally and all the family in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

Audie and I are going to visit with friends from our "youth" today! The couple we are most eager to see were our closest friends when we were first married and until we moved back here. We always had a Christmas get together at their house each year and spent New Year's Eve together, too, back in those days. Our health problems have interferred with us doing this in recent years. Now, he has had serious health problems recently and we really want to spend this time with them this year.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to oakhills

Betsey....definitely praying for your family. Keep us posted!

Ann...have fun with your friends. Very important to do...especially at this time of year.

From here this morning...Greyden was stung by a wasp this morning. There was one on the floor and he picked it up to bring it to me. He has a bad reaction...last time he was at the doctor she gave them a script for epi pens to have on hand even...we put a paste of baking soda and water on it immediately and gave him some benadryl. Poor kid has been fussy and crabbing since it happened.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-08-12 08:14 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
I hate to rain on the parade this morning, but I just got a call from Karen, and She and Ally and Lilly are on their way to All Childrens Hospital to see a surgeon who specializes in baby surgeries as they, meaning the pediatrician, the dermatologist here, have all said she needs surgery immediately as they don't like the looks of this birthmark on her bottom lip. Karen just called me as she did not want me to be up all night worrying....but they are on their way to St. Petersburg to see him now. I am so frightened.........as this has been an urgent thing since she saw the doc yesterday......The surgeon gave them his cell phone number for over night, and they are meeting him at the hospital in 30 min. (It is about an hour away)! I am just sick inside for my granddaughter and for baby Lilly............Karen is in her "nurse" mode and is doing well............I am sure everyone is as scared as I am......we Would appreciate prayers from you gals, as I know your prayers are heard! Thanks.........I know this is another piece of "dark" news at this time of year....but I just thought you should all know. I asked Karen if this was as serious as I was thinking......she said, "Yes Mom, it is"!

I did not ask anymore as I know Ally was sitting right there and she was driving....so....enough said for now. I have no details!!!!!

I just got back from the Craft Fair and coffee and breakfast with Punkey. That was fun. The Craft Fair kind of a bomb, small town, not many vendors and rather tacky stuff, but I did manage to spend about $40.00 on hats and mittens for the grandchildren and a little fir balsam bag and a Freedom History book. The nice craft fair in our area was the one I missed at the high school last week. Vendors come from all over the state and nothing is tacky! It is huge.

I did have fun with Punkey though and I got out so that is a plus.

Oh Betsey, I am so sorry that baby Lilly is having problems. I am saying prayers for the little munchkin and for Ally, you, Karen and all the family. Please keep us posted. I pray it is not some form of cancer. Hugs! Hugs and love!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-08-12 08:16 AM
In response to bears99

Oh poor little guy! That hurts big time - the wasp sting. This happened to me when I picked up something off a window a couple of months ago! No bad reaction though.

How are you feeling Josie?

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

Hey......Tish...glad you went to the craft fair...sorry it was kind of a dud! But at least your found something to buy. I hate it when you go to one of those and it turns out to be icky stuff......!

I have talked with Amanda, and am feeling better. She, of course, is very positive and told me somethings that I did not know. The last Doc thinks it is a ruptured blood vessel......that is quite dangerous in a small baby.......as it could lead to a big rupture and she could bleed ongoing with dire consequences. He did not think it was malignant, but the new guy at all childrens will do tests to be sure. It has gotten quite ugly and purple, and is on her bottom lip at the corner of her mouth...making it hard to nurse. And apparently a bottle is not much easier.....so upsetting for all of us. And even worse at this time of year. All I can say is Thank God that David added Lilly to his health plan, since they live there and Ally was already on it. Still it will be an expensive thing, for them to have to deal with. My heart is hurting for everyone......especially Ally who has had enough to deal with lately! Just keep baby Lilly in your prayers.........and Ally too! This is a very difficult time for them.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

So sorry to hear of Greydens wasp sting.....those are not good. We have a lot of wasps here, and I have been stung doing yard work.......with not good reactions....and I am an adult. I can only imagine how he is feeling...poor little guy!

It's always something with little ones isn't it???? I guess I am getting old for sure, but it seems like a lot more stuff than years ago. Maybe I am just more sensitive to these things with little ones, but it just seems like there is more issues than years ago. Sigh......another sign of old age I am thinking!!!!

I hope he is better by afternoon. That benadryl should kick in and help and maybe he will nap! And yes...Jo...how are you feeling?????

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Ann....sorry I meant to mention how lovely you will get to spend time with old friends......I am sure it will be a wonderful day. I sometimes wish I still lived where I grew up where where there are still old, old friends. There is nothing like being with someone you have known most of your life is there?????? I hope you have a joyous day!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Di, how is your cold, and Dori's?

I was down most of yesterday and then awake coughing.... had to figure out how to sleep sitting up. Rough night but I feel I am pulling out of it.

Dori is doing much better.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
I grew up listening to big band music, thanks to my father! Also saw the movies you mentioned Betsey. I especially loved The Glenn Miller Story, and The Benny Goodman Story.

Those are two of the movies I 'listen to' in my scrap room....love the big band era.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:
So now i am out of ornaments again. Another trip to Michael's tomorrow. This PIN should have given an amount that was needed. I would say well over 100!!

Hi Char; I'm glad you mentioned that. I was thinking of making one. Are you gluing to a fake branch wreath? Or other type base? I'm anxious to see it.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

congrats to Rum... that's fabulous. The craft fairs around here are like the kind Cathe mentioned. I don't go anymore.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

I envy people with musical talent. I don't have a drop..... Cathe; I'm glad your grands are (well 3 of them) do. My Danielle played the Viola for 7 years; very good and great at reading music. I'm always thanked my God for having ears to hear good music with.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Betsey; Prayers for Lilly just said...and I will pray all day. Will be looking for more word from you. I'm so sorry for her and all of you. I too feel frightened. Hugs dear Gram......

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics