Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

Ann; how fun to be getting together with old friends. I miss our 'old' friends... we, like you, had such great times.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:

From here this morning...Greyden was stung by a wasp this morning. There was one on the floor and he picked it up to bring it to me. He has a bad reaction...last time he was at the doctor she gave them a script for epi pens to have on hand even...we put a paste of baking soda and water on it immediately and gave him some benadryl. Poor kid has been fussy and crabbing since it happened.

ohhh; well darn. Did you use the epi pen?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

I made a mess around here yesterday and now need to clean it up. I'm sweating so bad every time I even move so need to work slow...

I decided since all the Christmas boxes are down I'd sort thru them and get rid of what we don't use anymore. Mercy..........45 years of just junk....not even considered Vintage goodies.

I'll check back in later to see how Greyden and Lilly are doing.

I know I'll nap today.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-08-12 10:20 AM
In response to Sunnydi

DIANA I used a styrofoam wreath. It is 15 inches and flat on the back and probably 3 inches wide. It is looking great. I did buy a silver sparkly wreath that i would use instead of the styrofoam. Already started the other so next year maybe.

Hope you get some rest tody and feel better.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-08-12 10:22 AM
In response to charK

BETSEY I am so sorry about baby Lilly. Poor Ally has just had such a hard time since baby's birth. She should be enjoying her mommy time and not having to worry about everything. Thank goodness she has insurance though. I will say prayers for her and the family.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-08-12 10:22 AM
In response to charK

TISH great that you went with Punky. We need to have friend time.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-08-12 10:30 AM
In response to charK

DD is NOT coming for her weekend. She sent me a text to tell me she was not coming because she has to be here for our court date on Tuesday and she did not want to drive for 3 days in a row. Too much money on gas.

I told her she needs to call the girls and tell them WHY she is not coming, I am not.

Chloe has a birthday party to go to this afternoon. Caitlin is going with her bff to a tree farm to get a christmas tree.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

Hello ladies........I am still here......just loaded six pages on my gallery.....ones I did about a week or so ago.....finished the Christmas one with dgs's Kyle and Brad this morning. Scrapping does keep my calm and collected and makes the time pass. LOL Here is a page of my darling great nephew Harper at 3 months old a few weeks ago. He is precious and full of zip! He looks just like his Grandma, my sister Susan, and like his Daddy, her oldest son. This is her first Grandchild......they live in Bellingham. Isn't he a doll????? I want to see him so badly.....he is toooo cute!

I Heart You By Memex9

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

OK......the latest news is this! Lilly will not have surgery yet! She saw the head of plastic surgery at All Childrens Hospital this morning. He put the baby on a very new medicine that will/should shrink the thing growing on her lip. It is NOT cancer. It is a sort of rupture of a tiny blook vessel that is growning.....and the medicine should take care of it for now. At some point she will have surgery to fix it and make her beautiful again. He re-assured Ally that his job was to keep her baby as beautiful as she already is. He gave Ally his personal Cell phone number and urged her to call with any questions or concerns, day or night. Karen says he is wonderful and very, very knowlegable.....she was impressed and Karen is rarely impressed with a doctor these days. Anyway......everyone is OK for now.......and all of us are still concerned but much less than we were earlier. I assume if the man is head of plastic surgery at All Childrens, he must know what he is doing......! Ally feels much better, as does Karen. So......heaving a sigh of relief for now......and a day at a time...we will see how this goes. This thing now covers half of her bottom lip and is causing her to have trouble eating......! Hopefully this will shrink it some so she will be more comfortable. Thanks for all of your concerns and prayers.......I guess I should have waited for the results from the surgeon.....but I really was so scared. Been a long time since I felt that way....thanks for being there. Love you all!

Char.....the package came today.......I did not open it yet.....should I open or wait????? You had said something for Lilly....but just making sure......LOL!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
I made a mess around here yesterday and now need to clean it up. I'm sweating so bad every time I even move so need to work slow...

I decided since all the Christmas boxes are down I'd sort thru them and get rid of what we don't use anymore. Mercy..........45 years of just junk....not even considered Vintage goodies.

I'll check back in later to see how Greyden and Lilly are doing.

I know I'll nap today.

Di...don't be so sure about the "vintage" thing.....it's hard to tell what some people consider vintage these days....and if that stuff is 45 years old.....you might have something....it seems to me, after looking on Ebay and other places......stuff from the 70's is the "in" thing right now, especially Christmas stuff.....who knew?????? ROFL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Char.......your dd sounds as if she is still not reliable enough to have these girls. Are you keeping a log of all these things, the calls, the cancels, her reasons etc.????? That might be a great idea for the future......I think it might show that she is just not yet ready to have them full time. She apparently still puts herself first...and as we all know, that is not how one raises kids.......at least that is my thinking. If she told them she would be there, she needs to be there or call them and tell them why. And it better be a different reason than "not wanting to drive three days in a row"! Just sayin'!!!! I hope you are already doing this. If not...start today!!!! Hugs!!!!! I am sorry they will be disappointed, yet again! sigh!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-08-12 11:07 AM
In response to memex9

BETSEY every word, text and phone call is documented. I take pics of every text I get and Peter adds it to his DAILY log!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-08-12 11:07 AM
In response to charK

BETSEY.....you can OPEN the box.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

I am in a depressing mood. When I get that way I just sit around and watch TV.

Betsy.. I will put Lilly on the prayer chain today and her mommy as well.

Di.. Hope you are feeling better soon. Glad Dori is better.

Josie... I hate wasps. We had a hive in our back yard once and was so afraid for the grandkids. dh finally got the nest out, then we found a bee hive stuck to one of our basement windows (outside) and had to call someone to come get it. He did not charge us either as he was a bee keeper.

Tish... I have not been to a craft fair in a long time. I have not been out of the house at all lately. I need to do something soon or I will be a hermit lol.

Char sounds like a stress free weekend for you hon. Take a picture of the wreath when your done you crafty woman you.. lol

Ann... I got a lovely thank you note from your daughter. She has great handwriting. I hope she enjoys the hat for a long time.

Cheryl.. Prayers to your In laws... I hope that you have some time to yourself and some rest. Your such a great dil..

I have watched the Benny Goodman movie and the one of Glenn Miller. I know Jimmy Stewart played Glenn Miller. Such a loss to lose special people like that through tragity.. like buddy Holly and the others on that plane.. such sad.

Hope I have not forgoten anyone... if so I am sorry and hugs to ya....

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

• charK Said:
BETSEY every word, text and phone call is documented. I take pics of every text I get and Peter adds it to his DAILY log!!

YES!!!!!!! I was hoping you were doing this!!! Good for you! This will help you in the long run....I assume your lawyer knows you are doing this.......and will figure out how to use it. Good job......!!!!! I should have known you would be on top of this!!!! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
I am in a depressing mood. When I get that way I just sit around and watch TV.

Betsy.. I will put Lilly on the prayer chain today and her mommy as well.

Di.. Hope you are feeling better soon. Glad Dori is better.

Josie... I hate wasps. We had a hive in our back yard once and was so afraid for the grandkids. dh finally got the nest out, then we found a bee hive stuck to one of our basement windows (outside) and had to call someone to come get it. He did not charge us either as he was a bee keeper.

Tish... I have not been to a craft fair in a long time. I have not been out of the house at all lately. I need to do something soon or I will be a hermit lol.

Char sounds like a stress free weekend for you hon. Take a picture of the wreath when your done you crafty woman you.. lol

Ann... I got a lovely thank you note from your daughter. She has great handwriting. I hope she enjoys the hat for a long time.

Cheryl.. Prayers to your In laws... I hope that you have some time to yourself and some rest. Your such a great dil..

I have watched the Benny Goodman movie and the one of Glenn Miller. I know Jimmy Stewart played Glenn Miller. Such a loss to lose special people like that through tragity.. like buddy Holly and the others on that plane.. such sad.

Hope I have not forgoten anyone... if so I am sorry and hugs to ya....

I think it is interesting that they all died in a plane crash.....Glenn Miller in 1944 and Buddly Holly, Ritchie Valens and Big Bopper in 1959......not long before my oldest son was born. The Day the Music Died..........was what Don McLean dubbed it in his song American Pie. Now.....who remembers any of that?????. I even remember where I was at the time I heard the news. I was in the Giant grocery store,in College Park Maryland, 8 months pregnant getting stuff because we were expecting a snow storm.......the same one that caused the plane crash.

Edited by memex9 on 12-08-12 12:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • tneal40 Said:

I think it is interesting that they all died in a plane crash.....Glenn Miller in 1944 and Buddly Holly, Ritchie Valens and Big Bopper in 1959......not long before my oldest son was born. The Day the Music Died..........was what Don McLean dubbed it in his song American Pie. Now.....who remembers any of that?????. I even remember where I was at the time I heard the news. I was in the Giant grocery store,in College Park Maryland, 8 months pregnant getting stuff because we were expecting a snow storm.......the same one that caused the plane crash.

Of that I remember listening to the radio news with my older brother. It didn't affect me though as I was quite young still. Seems to me there have been other entertainers killed in airplane/helicopter accidents. Ricky Nelson comes to mind. Others????

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Sunnydi

Hi All,

Char...glad to hear you are doing a daily journal. good for you! I'm glad you told dd that she had to tell the girls why she is not coming and didn't leave that for you to do!

Teia...sorry you are having a bum day. A walk around the block maybe???

Cathe...congrats to Rum!! I'm not a bowler but have a cousin that goes to the state finals and has even been to national finals!

Betsey...so glad to hear the news about Lilly. And I, for one, am glad you didn't wait to tell us...that's what friends are for...to share the worries.....burdens shared are only half as heavy!

Tish...I can't even remember the last time I was at a craft fair. It sounds like fun...as does going out with a friend for breakfast and coffee! You should make that a habit! Oh, meant to tell you...I received my RAK in the mail...how did you know I love Janette Oake so much...had I mentioned that??? Thank you SO very much!!! you are such a wonderful person to do this for us! Now i need to get busy on the current challenge!

Di..hope you get a nice long nap today and that you feel better soon.

Cheryl...hate it that dh is having to have more tests and you don't seem to be getting any answers. It would be worrisome AND frustrating at the same time!

Ann...hoping you are having a wonderful time with friends. Did you all go out somewhere or just visit at home? New friends are wonderful but there is just something special about those friends that we have known "from the old days!" lol

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

Betsey...that nephew is REALLY cute!!! hope you get to see and hold him sometime soon!

Di...we did not end up using the epi pen...the benedryl and baking soda worked. thankfully!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • memex9 Said:
  • tneal40 Said:

Of that I remember listening to the radio news with my older brother. It didn't affect me though as I was quite young still. Seems to me there have been other entertainers killed in airplane/helicopter accidents. Ricky Nelson comes to mind. Others????

You are right....Ricky Nelson, and then Patsy Kline, Reba's entire band just some that come to mind right now...but there have been more I am sure....!!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics