Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-28-12 12:26 PM
In response to Sunnydi

Chloe is not throwing up thank goodness. She did have a stomache ache last night, I made her "sickie soup" and she was all better.

The news today said a child has died from the flu in our county and 2 adults in another county.

Neither of the girls have had flu shots but will certainly be on my list of phone calls to make.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-28-12 12:28 PM
In response to Sunnydi

Caitlin is going to her bff's to spend the night. So sister will be home alone with us. She likes that for sure.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-28-12 12:32 PM
In response to charK

BETSEY what an awful time for karen and family. Who would expect anything but the worst from the AH....that darling Lilly should not have such a worthless father.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to charK

Di - You asked me to post a picture of how we wrapped Karyol's recliner, so here it is:

Recliner wrapping By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Unfortunatly, Priscilla is still vomiting and can't even keep Sprite down!! I have chicken noodle soup in the crockpot for later and hope maybe she could get a bit of the broth down. I don't want her to get dehydrated. She is not running a temp thank goodness.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl; you asked about the punch I used on my latest two-pager. It is a EKSuccess and they called it "abstract flower". me - I would have called it Half Doily. I always try to remember to write the name of a punch on the bottom in perm. marker: when I get them. This one I did.

sorry about Priscilla; no fun.

Char; I found your 'sicky soup' here at QFC and Dale has eaten some today and yesterday. He wants me to add more noodles though... he likes his soup thick.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-28-12 01:21 PM
In response to Sunnydi

DIANA I like my soup thick too but use the sicky soup for upset tummys.

You should make him some homemade soup with the REAMS frozen noodles, now those are thick noodles and so delicious.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-28-12 01:22 PM
In response to charK

The girls love the broth in the sicky soup!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:
DIANA I like my soup thick too but use the sicky soup for upset tummys.

You should make him some homemade soup with the REAMS frozen noodles, now those are thick noodles and so delicious.

Well, I could just add those noodles. He likes the taste of the Sickie Soup. Who sells those noodles Char?

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-28-12 02:18 PM
In response to Sunnydi

They are in the frozen food section. Called Reames, I think. Only frozen noodles they have. They are in a clear bag with green writing. I get them at Fred Meyer and Albertson's. I would cook them first and then add to the soup.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Sunnydi

ugh... going to take the Vet service 3 weeks to send me my book money. I start school in a week. next payday is the 11th so thats 5 days of school with no books.

Not going to worry to much about all this. I am sure I can get through a few days without books. Just need to get a bus pass so I can get there now lol...

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to tneal40

Gifts from my Secret Santa By Oakhills

Thanks again, Char, for the wonderful gift box! Please note everyone that the Seattle chocolate tube was packed full before I sampled one last night and this morning and this afternoon!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to oakhills

Just checking again.

Betsey - Are you feeling any better? When I had it a few weeks, ago it seemed like it just didn't want to go away even after the meds but it finally did go away.

I don't have my Christmas pictures developed yet so I may try to scrap some other pictures or digi Christmas later tonight.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-28-12 02:52 PM
In response to cdjohnson

I am home from treatment, and resting.

Jo I am glad you liked your Secret Santa gifts. Better still, you have your internet back.

Loved seeing all the great photos of the SS gifts and reading the posts from all.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Let's see if I can remember what was posted. I didn't take notes.

Betsey - did David go home? Surely they have some good friends that could help out.
Poor Ally - finding the AH.

Hope Priscilla and Chloe are better by this time.

All the gifts are lovely. Thanks for taking pictures.

I won't be able to get pictures until Jan. 8th if I want to go to Lundgren's. Maybe I should do Snapfish or Shutterfly. Can you crop on those sites?

Josie we missed you. dang internet. You are lucky your girls like to scrap. Casey got me into it, but she doesn't do it anymore.

Di your lo is very pretty. Sorry Dori is sick.

Char -did you know the one angel ornament turns on and has that fiber optic effect?

Ann- I caught the close up of Laney. She is gorgeous. Who took that photo and what kind of camera did they use? It is an awesome photo.

I wonder what Casey is carrying.

Tish did you get much snow? We only have a little bit. We were to get 1 to 2 in today, but I think it was more of a trace. They were big flakes and didn't last long.

Teia really if you are strapped for money, you didn't need to send a box to me. The gift certificate would have sufficed.

Talking to Cheryl on Im. It was fun last night to be able to talk to everyone. Guess we'll have to set another time to all get on fb....sometime when we know Jo has internet.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to scrappin 2

Betsey - Is David still at the hospital? I hope so since his pain is not under control. They usually make sure that is under control before they let someone go home.

Tish - Glad you are home and resting!!

Jo - So sorry you didn't get to join us last night. It was fun, and we plan to do it again sometime just so everyone can chat together at one time.

Char - Hope Chloe is feeling better.

Di - Hope Dori is on the mend and feeling some better.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

Cahte; speaking of Casey... how is she feeling?

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
HELLO............ We have internet!!! yea! Can't believe how dependent I am on it! Last night by the time I figured out we weren't going to get anything to work and then found my cell phone to get Char's number (the only place I had any way to contact anyone stored!!) and got her called you were all well on your way to being together. I missed being with all of you and fussed about it around here for an hour! If we would have cell service here at the ranch I would have just gotten on the phone with someone and listened in that way! lol

Anyway....my gift from TISH is wonderful! She sent me some raspberry jam made in Maine, two of her wonderful dishcloths, and lots of scrapbooking goodies! Delightful gifts!!! Tish, Kari and I had been talking about glimmer mist as we have neither one ever used it and wanted to try it...you were "spot on" with your choices. THANK YOU so very much!!!

I did go to FB and read all 389 comments from you all...whew!!!! I have also read in here so will try to comment on what I can remember....

Betsey...oh my heart is breaking for Ally and Karen and you and the whole family. WIll continue to pray for all of you. Roy has a sinus infection and he is complaining that it doesn't seem like he can get over it either! Wonder what this bug is that is hanging on so long!

Ann...wonderful picture of you with baby. How precious to get to hold those new ones in our arms! Glad Lana got to go as well.

Tish...thinking of you today with your chemo. Hopefully you will have good roads to drive on and a treatment that goes as smoothly as possible!

Cheryl...you always have such good times with your dd. I love reading about the relationship you have with her. I know you treasure the times...and I hope you are recording some of these great times for when she is gone and her life gets so busy she forgets how special this time is.

Diana...how is Dori today? Praying for her as well...and that you don't get it!

Teia...I, too, love your expressions! My grandmother never ever used a swear word either but she also had a way of getting her point across!

Char...was great to talk to you for a minute last night. Thanks for being my messenger! I am thinking that I need to print my grans list of addresses and phone numbers so I have it someplace besides my computer!! lol

Oh Jo........thank you so much for telling about Roys sinus infection.....and how it is hanging on. I am beginning to feel like some kind of hypocondriac........or something. I feel like I have been sick forever.......and truthfully, I am not sick like I was, but I just feel blah and like I want to lay down all the time. I make myself do the simple things like fix food, load the dishwasher, swiffer the kitchen floor and then I need a nap. This is ridiculous I feel like I am 94 in stead of almost 74.......sigh! But hearing that others, younger than I are having the same symptoms, at least makes me feel better, that I am not unique....LOL

One more day.......some vacation I am having. I have done nothing I thought I would do, and basically I have done nothing! LOL

Karen took David back to the ER this morning, they scanned to make sure no blod clots, and have prescribed a different kind of pain........a nurse was waiting when they got home tonight thanks to her work place.....and she went to bed........she has been up for two days now...so hopefully she is sleeping and will sleep until tomorrow. Rachael came home early from work and is taking the Daddy watch.......Ally went to the courthouse, found out she cannot file a restraining order, as she needed to do that when the police were there.....no one told her that. I am afraid that this is not over.......he is a vicious, liar and has anger issues and has threatened her......verbally on text messages....I say she need to take those to get the restraining order, but they do not accept text messages as proof of threats......anyone could have sent them they say. Our legal system sucks.......end of my rant!

My friend Shirley came over this after noon and stayed with me until about an hour ago. We had peanut butter cookies, coffee and egg nog. Our own little Christmas. She gave me a gift card to Books a Million and opened her present I gave her. It was a nice change and we had a really good time. I am feeling better, but keep falling asleep in my chair, so I took a shower, and am trying to get caught up here.

I hope I feel better tomorrow......! keeping good thoughts!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• scrappin 2 Said:
Let's see if I can remember what was posted. I didn't take notes.

Betsey - did David go home? Surely they have some good friends that could help out.
Poor Ally - finding the AH.

Hope Priscilla and Chloe are better by this time.

All the gifts are lovely. Thanks for taking pictures.

I won't be able to get pictures until Jan. 8th if I want to go to Lundgren's. Maybe I should do Snapfish or Shutterfly. Can you crop on those sites?

Josie we missed you. dang internet. You are lucky your girls like to scrap. Casey got me into it, but she doesn't do it anymore.

Di your lo is very pretty. Sorry Dori is sick.

Char -did you know the one angel ornament turns on and has that fiber optic effect?

Ann- I caught the close up of Laney. She is gorgeous. Who took that photo and what kind of camera did they use? It is an awesome photo.

I wonder what Casey is carrying.

Tish did you get much snow? We only have a little bit. We were to get 1 to 2 in today, but I think it was more of a trace. They were big flakes and didn't last long.

Teia really if you are strapped for money, you didn't need to send a box to me. The gift certificate would have sufficed.

Talking to Cheryl on Im. It was fun last night to be able to talk to everyone. Guess we'll have to set another time to all get on fb....sometime when we know Jo has internet.

Yes Cathe they do...and all of them work at various hospitalsm Emt's,. Fire depts...........and are at work today. Their friend Frank is on AH watch......and helping Ally........and has to go to work at 3. Quite honestly, everyone has done so much already........it will be better now...tomorrow is Saturday and Rachael and Amanda and James will be available.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

As fas as sending David home too soon, his pain was under control, however, once he got home apparently things changed....I don't know all the details, but it was a horrible night, and so Karen took him back to the ER today. David has issues with pain meds......it takes waaay more than the average dose of anything to even make a dent in the pain. He has had migranes his entire life, and it almost immune to pain meds. Anyway....hopefully the issue is solved.......and frankley......that is not the hospital any of them would have chosen......however, that is where they took him because of the location of the accident....and what docs were on call. Karen tried without success to get Dr. Katz, her ortho doc that she worked with for years, but he was unavailable apparently......that is still a mystery. Remember this all happened Christmas late after noon..........! Could not have been a worse time for a serious accident. Hospital staff is not always the best......! Hate to say that, but its true. Try not to get sick on Holidays.......LOL!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics