Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-28-12 04:45 PM
In response to scrappin 2

Cathe, well, we got about 10 inches, but the way the weathermen around here were forecasting, one would think we would have 2 feet. It was miserable yesterday, but we have had much much worse snow storms. I think we are due for more next week.

Cathe I need to get a picture taken of that beautiful table runner you sent me. I love it very much, and all the goodies, Betsey, my SS sent!

How is Casey feeling?

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-28-12 04:51 PM
In response to memex9

This is true Betsey, do not get sick on holidays! I was hospitalized about 20 years ago with a blood clot in a deep leg vein, and my regular doctor was on vacation (it was 4th of July). Seems like I had a different doctor come in every day to check on me.
Back then, one was kept in the hospital, because I was in there for almost a week!

Oh and today, I called the dentist and they are out until Wednesday of next week! Sigh!

I am glad the Matt, Mandy and Rachel will be around this weekend to help dad and Karen.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-28-12 05:06 PM
In response to charK

• charK Said:
The girls love the broth in the sicky soup!

Char, what was the brand name of that sickie soup again?

Love your Facebook pictures today!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-28-12 05:11 PM
In response to Tishd

TISH it is Mrs. Grass chicken noodle soup. Made by Wyler's. It comes in a blue box. 2 boxes come together. It has been on sale here for $1.53 a box. The broth in it is really good.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-28-12 05:12 PM
In response to charK

Chloe has had so much fun playing with her helicopter from my cousin in Wyoming. She is now playing with her Uncle with them and they have a hula hoop too and have set up some kind of course to run them through.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to charK

Char sounds like Chloe is having fun with her uncle.

Tish- I think Casey has her days and moments. She said she found that if she has a little nap in the afternoon, she feels better. She looked good Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Thanks Tish and Di for asking.
I heard tonight on the weather that you are to get more snow. Doug sure would like some of it.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Tishd

Cathe... I do not like using MY money on things that SHOULD be paid by stipens. I grumble alot and have just a few mintues ago got an email stating that I will have my stipen check by the 11th. So a week without books is fine. I have know people without books for months lol. And you come first anyway... it was my fault I messed up on the address... have you tracked it yet?

Betsey I have a daughter that is like that. No matter what she is given she can still feel the pain. It lessens but still makes her uncomfy and agitated alot.

I made meat loaf for dinner, son is doing the other stuff for dinner. The boy needs to learn to cook lol

Tish can I come stay with you? I have been wanting snow so badly. *pouty face*

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-28-12 05:27 PM
In response to tneal40

We are having hamburgers for dinner. Also macaroni and potato salad from the deli. Guess they are all tired of leftovers. Still have a bit of ham and a tiny bit of roast beef, mashed potatoes and that's about it.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-28-12 05:47 PM
In response to tneal40

Only is you like to shovel, Teia!

Our nephew, Stevie, plows for us every winter. He has quite a few people to plow and also has to get up early to milk cows. He was not here early today and Allen wanted to break a path at the end of the driveway so we could get out so he goes out to shovel. Thank, God, our neighbor, Clair, saw him and stopped and broke the path for him. He told Allen he didn't want the job, but he didn't want Allen having a heart attack!

By the time we got back today, Stevie had the driveway plowed!

The snow is pretty this time of year, I have to admit, but after about three months one gets tired of seeing snow and cold weather.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Chloe has had so much fun playing with her helicopter from my cousin in Wyoming. She is now playing with her Uncle with them and they have a hula hoop too and have set up some kind of course to run them through.

Those are fun. Last year I gave my son and son in-law them and they've had a blast when get together to play them.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

Tish; Stevie must live close. 10" is a lot. I'm like Teia; I'd like to have some... you know about 6".

Dale's grandfather died shoveling snow in his late 50's. It does happen.

oh my, I'm still fighting with a two page layout... about to just give up and be done with it. I have one more idea for it but am going to wait until the morning... need to see it with fresh eyes.

Dori just called us and we got to chat with her. It is so fun to hear her sweet voice.

ni ni all

Betsey; I hope you are so much better tomorrow.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Sunnydi

I told dh my class schedule and since I have one night class on Wednesdays, his first thought was on dinner lol. I told him not to worry about it I can do a crock pot meal on Wednesdays.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to tneal40

Priscilla is still not feeling well. She did keep some Gatorade down for about 4 hours. I hope by tomorrow she will feel better.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to cdjohnson

Gee hope all the sickie ones gets better soon.

I just got an email saying one of my classes on the waiting list came availiable... so now I have 2 offical classes. One step at a time.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

I'm procrastinating... from going to bed. How pathetic is that.

I finally figured out what was wrong with that two-pager I've been working on. Fixed it and now all the Stickles are drying. Mercy I'm glad to be done with that one.

Now my room needs cleaning again.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Sunnydi

I am working on a swap thingy Diana. I need to get it done in the next two weeks. I have the paper, and all the elements, just need to figure out how I am going to put it all together lol.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 03:59 AM
In response to tneal40

Good morning, Gran's! I am up early and made coffee and tea for any of you who are up early.

I didn't sleep well last night so will probably end up going back to bed.

Do any of you have any plans for New Years Eve? I am sure the eve will find Allen and I doing our usual. I would love to be able to stay up and watch the ball drop but probably will end up falling asleep!

If any of you movie goers want to see a good movie, I have heard Les Miserables' is excellent, and have watched some of the trailers. My Lisa has seen it on Broadway a couple of times and it was one of her favorites. The movie version stars Hugh Jackman. Woo woo!

Cold and chilly here this morning. Single digits!

Cheryl, I hope Priscilla is feeling better, and also little Dori and Ms. Betsey. I can't remember who else was not feeling well.

Happy Saturday to all!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Tishd

Good morning, Tish and all who follow...which, when I put it that way...I hope is everyone!! lol. Hummmmm...don't think I have had enough sleep!

Di..hope you are sleeping!

Teia...nice that you got into another of the classes you were wanting. What are the two you will be taking?

I started taking down Christmas decorations yesterday between loads of laundry. Still have some of each to do!! lol

Bbl...have a great morning!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 04:38 AM
In response to bears99

Good morning, Jo, I am still up, but not moving! Still in my chair, and watching the morning news.

I need to work on getting our tree down, and decor put away too, at some point today!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

Good morning ladies.......coffee is ready and has been for awhile........big rain, wind going on, so I got up, made coffee, got back in bed and watched weather, news and part of a movie!!!!! Realized it was 8 am and got up. I never stay in bed this long until the past week or so. It's like I am very content to just sit in bed where its warm, cozy, watch tv/read and I am good. What is the matter with me??????? LOL

I think I do feel better today.......and I am going to try to take down my tree and get rid of all this Christmas stuff..........The sooner the better. That's another change for me, I usually don't take it down until after the New Year, but I was ready to take it down the day after Christms....just didn't feel good enough.

It's warm and humid......obviously it's raining...right???????? But its 72 out and only 8 am.......this is the kind of crazy weather we have in Florida..........one day its 50 and the next its 75......We had a freeze the other night all around us, not here, but now its warm again. The poor plants don't know what to do. LOL

Hope Chloe and Dori are better by today...children seem to recover so quickly......! I hope they do and are their usual wonderful fun selves by today.

Jo...and Tish......hope you are feeling ok. Tish now you are good fror almost a month right????? And Jo...what about you?????? I know you gals are sick of this chemo thing.......but if it makes you feel better in the long run, keep your eyes on the prize.

Kim, my dil is picking me up today at 12:30 to go to Verizon and get a new phone and plan, but I am seriously not really interested in their idea. They gave me a new Cell phone and are putting me on their plan, but it will cost me $40 a month which is better than the $60 I am paying...but after having time to think it over, I think I will forgo the entire idea as it's still Verizon and I cannot get calls in my house on the Verizon plan that I have.......not only that, but it just really is not what I want. I want to get a trac phone, for little money, as little as I use it, I don't need the I phone, then I have to buy the wireless router, etc....and it just sounds like more trouble than I need right now. I use my cell phone so little, why bother????? Yes If I had text capabilities it would be nice as I do miss a lot of stuff not having it. But Really????? Do I need this?????? Probably not! I will go see what the guy has to say, but I think I am going to bow out.;..it was very nice of them to do that for me, but I think its more money than I need to spend etc.

Anyway.....I will see how I feel after going out in the world....LOL I am hoping that I do really feel better and maybe today will be a good day for that!

Hi to everyone.......looks like snow most places.......and I am sure Tish has the most on the ground. Be glad you can stay inside with a fire and enjoy it from the windows....LOL

I still love snow...but only if I don't HAVE to get out in the rush hour to get to work in it. Being retired, and not having to go anywhere would be nice to have snow....LOL

Pouring rain here........dark and windy.....but supposed to move through quickly.....so that is a good thing...we need the rain.

Have heard nothing from the Staggs household, so I am hoping it was a good night for all. I really hope that Karen got to sleep a long long time.....she was beyond exhausted.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics