Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

I checked back and started doing this 5 years ago. fun to see the kids change.

Glad Chloe is better and the new washer is launched...woohoo.

bbl

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-13 11:07 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Love it Di, and love Char's idea too!

I can't bear to part with any of my photo cards and I save all my regular cards too. I must be a hoarder!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-13 11:09 AM
In response to charK

• charK Said:
I saw an idea for the photo cards you get for Christmas. Use a punch and punch them down the side and then put them on d-rings. Use 2 rings. Makes a mini book to add to each year.

So glad to hear little Miss Chloe is better today!

I like your idea of the d-rings for the photo cards.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to scrappin 2

• scrappin 2 Said:
Betsy I'm looking at green colors. It was green and I loved it. I don't know the brand or the color. At first I was going toward something lighter and neutral, but didn't like any or the colors.I like color. I'm getting closer now. The carpet color is called Sawgrass. It has a greenish grayish sheen to it with a slight pattern.

It sounds really pretty.......I like some green colors myself......I have sage green walls in my spare room, with a lighter sage green carpet. All the furniture is shabby white, including an old iron bed.....the curtains and bedding are all pink and green.......I love that room still.....and its been that way for 10 years now. Usually I change my decor about every 6-8 years.....at least parts of it, not necessarily the carpeting.......but this is still a room that I always feel good about when I look in or walk in......and even when I clean and vac. So .....if I still like it why change it????? I am getting to where I wish I had wood in the LR which goes right into the eating area and kitchen, but I did not do it in the original remodel when I moved in........I was tired of wood floors as they were so cold in my last house. But it was and old, old house.....and now I kind of wish I had done the living room. Oh well....I also wish I had plantation shutter in there and in here.....however, I would have needed a mortgage to get them.......this entire room is nothing but windows and big ones at that...plantation shutter would have cost a fortune........I really need to hit the lottery! First to pay off the mortgage and then the shutters.....ROFL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
my machine has a reddish button that says pause/cancel unlock door.

I am going to order the Downton Abbey DVD's today. I will take you at your word that it is good!

By the way did you say Duck Dynasty was a good show??????

I love Duck Dynasty.......it is hysterical.....you did not find it funny I take it??????? I know so many people like them.....they are a riot. You do realize these people are billionaires, almost all with college educations and degrees right/?????? They are not stupid.....just "country"! I love the humor.

And Ann....I think that is why I find the show funny and down to earth. They are obviously moral people treat their wives and children well, there is none of the trashy stuff so obvious in so many of the other reality shows....I just think they are funny! But then I also love Moonshiners....and the swamp people. What can I say.......??????

Edited by memex9 on 01-15-13 12:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

Amen...on the Claussen Pickles........the only kind I have ever bought for over 40 years. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Good morning Grans! Not moving to fast this morning!

Cathe when done, you will have to take a picture of your new room so we can see the colors! Exciting project.

Enjoy your little grandson today.

I did watch some of that Duck Dynasty show last night. It had to do with Christmas and it was rather foolish.

I am hoping Jo does not have pneumonia. Bad stuff.

The one that tops the list of sickening to the max, is Here Comes Honey BOO Boo! OMG people actually watch that one. I find nothing humorous about that one at all......first they are exploiting this child, who is NOT even cute......but just abrasive. But when you meet the parents, you understand the kid never had a chance. Disgusting. But then I have trouble with Toodlers and Tiara's too.......Do not watch them at all....have seen enough to know that it is awful as is that horrid Dance show with the kids, the fighting parents, and the crazy dance teacher. So I guess maybe that is why I find The Duck folks funny and charming.......in their way! But you are right....that Christmas show was probably the worst one of the series. LOL

Edited by memex9 on 01-15-13 12:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-13 12:55 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:
my machine has a reddish button that says pause/cancel unlock door.

I am going to order the Downton Abbey DVD's today. I will take you at your word that it is good!

By the way did you say Duck Dynasty was a good show??????

I love Duck Dynasty.......it is hysterical.....you did not find it funny I take it??????? I know so many people like them.....they are a riot. You do realize these people are billionaires, almost all with college educations and degrees right/?????? They are not stupid.....just "country"! I love the humor.

And Ann....I think that is why I find the show funny and down to earth. They are obviously moral people treat their wives and children well, there is none of the trashy stuff so obvious in so many of the other reality shows....I just think they are funny! But then I also love Moonshiners....and the swamp people. What can I say.......??????

Betsey, well I could tell that they were quite well to do just by looking at their house! I might just check it out another week. Last night the episode was rather silly! As I said, one of the younger guys reminded me of my son John! LOL

One could tell by looking at the wives that they probably cleaned up "nice"!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-13 12:57 PM
In response to memex9

Me too...love Claussen --in fact I just went to the fridge and got a Kosher Dill Spear. (Claussen of course!)

Of course once in awhile we settle for Jill and Chips homemade bread and butter pickles!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-13 01:00 PM
In response to memex9

But you are right....that Christmas show was probably the worst one of the series. LOL

If you say so, I will give it another try!

Oh I did order the series 1 and 2 today of Downton Abbey. Now I will probably have to watch them and then buy 3!!!!! sigh. They were $34.95.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

Season three is just in its third show of the season....here it is on Sunday at 9pm. But it's Called Masterpiece Classics or Masterpiece Theater....that is why it is so hard to find. I wish PBS would just list their shows. For Example today when I got home from Work.....the tv guide(On cable) said PBS Masterpiece Theater......so I went there and yes it was Masterpiece Theater but it was Great Expectations...which is very good, but I have seen it twice. LOL Anyway.......they make it hard to find, but trust me its there.....I just don't know when it appears in your area. Maggie Smith is just delightful, as usual, and her subtle humor is as always unexpected. Shirley MacLaine is also wonderful as her counterpart. She is visiting from USA and of course she and Maggie get into some conversations that are just rare humor. Anyway...I guess you have to like these sorts of shows....and understand the british humor to some degree. I love this show...and hope it continues for awhile. Great actors.....!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
But you are right....that Christmas show was probably the worst one of the series. LOL

If you say so, I will give it another try!

Oh I did order the series 1 and 2 today of Downton Abbey. Now I will probably have to watch them and then buy 3!!!!! sigh. They were $34.95.

Tish....you may not find it funny, Ann is not crazy about it and I am sure it is not for everyone. I just know people like these, in fact my sil, David is certainly a descendent of these guys in some respects....Karen and I both think it's hilarious.......as does Amanda....but the rest of them don't see the humor either...sooooo I guess it's not for everyone.

But then, I still laugh out loud at Mash re-runs, and Everybody Love Raymond. What can I say????
Oh yes.....and then there is that show on Wed Night....The Middle! Cracks me up!!!!! I guess I have a strange sense of humor......but then I watch Maggie Smith in Downton Abbey and love that humor also. What can I say??????

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Betsey i love The Middle, Modern family and The Neighbors ...all on tonight. I have never seen Honey boo boo, but have seen her somewhere. Horrible,& awful come to mind. I wonder how she'll turn out..another Lindsey Lohan.

Maybe I haven't seen Duck Dynasty, I bet I saw a bit of Swamp people.

Kain was his darling cute self today. We played and played. I'm played out.

Teia-I sure wish I'd get my act together and use my crock pot more. Hope it turned out really good.

Di & Char I liked your ideas for saving xmas cards.

Tish-I must be a hoarder too. I have cards rubber banded together from years past. I saw a great idea for putting them in a booklet. they either punched the cards, if they were large or mounted smaller ones on cardstock and them punched holes. They used a cinch binder system to secure them together. ...which i don't have.

I just know how I wish I had old Valentines, so someday someone might want these cards. Of course when I croak the kids will throw them out.

Ann sorry you are so cold and icy.

We haven't heard from Josie....hmmm???? anyone see anything on fb?

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-13 03:15 PM
In response to memex9

Everyone Loves Raymond has always been one of my favorite shows!!!!! I love it! They all crack me up! Now that is the type of show I love! Tonight I decided I would scan around the channels a bit and landed on a reality show called Four Weddings! I watched it for awhile and rather liked the show! Reality and all!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-13 03:23 PM

CAthe, I had a great book of old cards in a scrapbook of my grandfathers. Before I realized how collectible these cards were, I gave the album to my brother, Ralph. I wonder if he will give them back?

The imaging center called me from the cancer center this afternoon to confirm a CAT Scan on Friday. Ugh, i have to be there at 10:15 to drink ******** for an hour before the scan. Ugh! Not painful, just a pain in the butt!

I am wondering how Jo is too! I am worried about her.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Tish tell Ralph not to throw them out! I love old cards.

Ick...what you have to drink for a CAT Scan isn't as bad as what you have to drink for a colonoscopy. But you know that.

Rum's Dr today said he wanted his cholesterol level at 70! geez I thought 90 was the new norm. Guess we eat more baked fish.

Char forgot to say that i'm really glad Chloe is better. I hat it when the kids are sick.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Tishd

Tish, I love MASH reruns and never tire of them. We watch them almost every evening. Watched Everybody Loves Raymond until I can almost quote the lines with them. Audie likes Seinfeld but that is another one like Duck Dynasty to me...just silly.

I am having visitors tomorrow. A cousin and her husband who live in Albuquerque, NM are visiting other relatives in the area and will come by our house. I have not seen her since I took my mother, sister, aunt and uncle to visit them in 1987. We have lost Mother, sister and uncle since then. Her mother, daddy, and sister who was my age have also died. She was very emotional on the phone when she called and I think the visit will be emotional for both of us. Even the house she remembers from our younger days is gone along with all those familiar faces. I will have the camera handy to get photos of them to scrapbook for my album.

Char, how's the washing machine? That is one of the appliances that are so hard to do without for more than a couple of days! So glad Chloe is feeling better and hope no one else gets sick.

Cathe, sounds like you and grandson had a great time together. I sure enjoyed loving on Laynie on Sunday afternoon.

Betsey, sometimes I wish I could enjoy some of the shows you mentioned...I have decided I am too serious and never developed a creative sense of humor!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-15-13 03:53 PM

CATHE baked chicken is good too!! lay off the beef for sure. i quit butter and sure miss it on my toast and mashed potatoes. We live on chicken and pork and turkey.

Try sneaking in ground turkey or ground chicken in recipes.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

Ann....if you still laugh Mash, and Everybody loves Raymond, there is nothing wrong with your sense of humor. And while I don't dislike Seinfeld.....a little goes a long way. Although Kramer is pretty funny......but its the same plot over and over...it was never among my favorites, and I did not watch it much either. As for all of the shows that Cathe mentioned...I do not watch any of those except The Middle....its the only one that's really funny and has no hidden agenda or message.....but again...that's me. I would watch things like Downton Abbey all the time if there were such things.......Leave it to the Englis to again, make a wonderful show, and while it is set in the 20's it is so relevant to today....and the humor is just so subtle....my favorite kind.

I struggle to find things to watch a lot of the time.......and end up watching Criminal Minds, reruns, NCIS or Law and Order......I do like that new show with Tom Selleck....Blue Bloods, and I loved Revolution but it seems to be missing. I would love to watch Homeland but I don't think that is on Regular TV is it????? It won a ton of awards.....but I think its on HBO. I never got to watch the Sopranos for that very reason. But I do watch the History Channel a lot and National Geo.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Speaking of which....I am off to my bed now......to watch TV or Read or both. Have a good night....hope we hear from JO. I bet she is in the Hospital.....if she went to the doctor, I would guess she might be there. If she had pneumonia.......they might have sent her there.

I think I would love to live where she doesn until I hear of how hard it is to see a doctor and to go to a store.....I don't think I could deal with that well. I hope she is OK......!!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics