Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

Dinner was good. No one was home when I got here so I cooked some rice made gravy and heated up some frozen veggies and ate my dinner. Not waiting for anyone cause I was HUNGRY lol.

dh just got home. I hear him in the kitchen getting a plate lol I can hear him saying something like... good food, oh yesssss. lol He is so silly.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

Evening all..

Josie hasn't checked into FB today.

I just don't watch much tv. I too like Blue Bloods and think it's better this year than the first two seasons.

I ran errands for 5 hours; whew!

ni ni and see you all tomorrow. It's Dori Day.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-13 05:57 PM
In response to Sunnydi

Ni night! I am weary too.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Ann how nice your cousin is coming to see you! Have a good time. Hope the weather cooperates.

Teia-nice that your dinner turned out good. A warm supper after a long day is so nice.

I misunderstood Rum. The Dr. didn't expect a total overall score of 70.

Hopefully Jo got to the Dr. They are so far away from help of any kind.

Di I am enjoying Blue Bloods more this season too. I think they should have cast Tom Selleck's sons to at least look a little like him. lol

Talk to you all tomorrow.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to scrappin 2

Well, I got to drive home from work in the snow, sleet and freezing rain!! School has already been called off for tomorrow.

Char - Glad Chloe is better and that your washer is being "initiated" today.

Tish - My husband loves Duck Dynasty. Some of the shows I like and some of them I do not. However, I do not watch a lot of television.

Betsey - I think it is wonderful that you like such a wide variety of things. Most of the time, I prefer to read over television.

Josie - I am worried about you since you didn't check in today. I hope you did not have to be hospitalized. Prayers for you!!

Ann - Sorry you are having ice in your area.

Cathe - I know you enjoyed Kian today. Priscilla has been "dating" this young man for almost 2 months. They go to different schools and she works with his grandmother (who is raising him). This is the first time I have seen her REALLY interested in a boy. She had a friend that she had gone to previous dances with but she thought of him as more of a "brother".

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to cdjohnson

I am like Di and Cheryl. I don't watch much TV. It is usually not turned on until Audie gets home. I did have it on most of today for weather updates because of icy road conditions. Audie, Lara and Robbie all made it to and home from work safely. Hopefully most of the bad weather is out of the area and it will be a little warmer tomorrow.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• scrappin 2 Said:
Ann how nice your cousin is coming to see you! Have a good time. Hope the weather cooperates.

Teia-nice that your dinner turned out good. A warm supper after a long day is so nice.

Di I am enjoying Blue Bloods more this season too. I think they should have cast Tom Selleck's sons to at least look a little like him. lol

Ahhhh yes Cathe...but then we do not know what their Mother looked like!!!! I love that show....I love the family theme that runs throughout and the thread that says.....at the end of the day...there is always family.....that is the thing that counts. I love it!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I too, hope we hear from Jo soon. If she had to go some distance for a doctor she may be staying with family. I hope she is OK. In my prayers....that she gets the meds she needs.

I am sorry for all of you in the ice storms...they are the worst I think. Snow is easy compared to these ice things. Be careful if you have to go out there.

I do watch too much TV....and actually I don't "watch" a lot of it, I "listen" to it. I think because I live alone, I have TV on more than the rest of you. Right now, I have Morning Joe on, but I don't actually watch it, I listen to it...as I do other things,!!!!! I usually have a news channel on, CNN, MSNBC or our local channel for weather, and local news or the History channel. At night, and sometimes in the afternoon on my days off I still read and seem to still read a lot. I think I have the TV on so it's not just deadly quiet in the house. When I first get home from work, however, the quiet is nice for about an hour.....lOL

Coffee is ready........enjoy!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Welll...just checking to see if anyone but me is up and around....guess not!!!! I am off to work.....see you ladies later....hope you have a lovely and fun day!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Good morning...too late to catch Betsey and Cheryl.

Hope we hear from Jo!

I have to start putting up the blue tape around all the woodwork so i can paint. I have to go get the paint. I was hoping we wouldn't have to do the ceiling, but we do. Anyone use that stuff that goes on blue and then turns white?

Tish's CAT scan was today wasn't it?

Take care everyone.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • scrappin 2 Said:

Ahhhh yes Cathe...but then we do not know what their Mother looked like!!!! I love that show....I love the family theme that runs throughout and the thread that says.....at the end of the day...there is always family.....that is the thing that counts. I love it!

You crack me up!!! Yes, i forgot about the looks of the mother!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 08:25 AM

Cathe, CAT scan on Friday. I am glad it isn't today. It is snowing and the roads are very slippery according to the scanner!

I didn't realize they had a paint that went on blue and turned white. Interesting!

Good morning to all! Allen was on the computer earlier and I didn't feel like typing on the IPAD.

I did drink some of Betsey's coffee! Thank you very much!

bears99
Diva
bears99

Thank you all for thinking of me. I did not get to the doctor, but I did call. I am on a z-pack. Today is day 2. My only thought is that usually these do not work for me very well. Since I have just switched primary care doctors this new one does not know me very well. I suppose that is why I couldn't talk her into my "usual". I do have an appointment to see her this next week....if I don't end up seeing her before. I still don't seem to be running a fever...which is why no one seems too concerned. Boy, do I ever sound terrible..have mostly lost my voice and have a really terrible cough! Slept most of yesterday. Don't even feel good enough to spend time on the computer..or reading..or anything!

Bbl...hopefully feeling better!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bears99

Good to hear from you Josie. Well, let's hope the meds will help this time. Glad you'll be seeing her next week. I can imagine you're very tired of this.

Cathe; I too wish in Tom Selleck's show his son's looked 'like' him.. only because he's so dang good looking. I've been watching some Magnum PI dvd's and ... sigh...

Dori is here so gotta go for a bit.. bbl

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 09:37 AM
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
Thank you all for thinking of me. I did not get to the doctor, but I did call. I am on a z-pack. Today is day 2. My only thought is that usually these do not work for me very well. Since I have just switched primary care doctors this new one does not know me very well. I suppose that is why I couldn't talk her into my "usual". I do have an appointment to see her this next week....if I don't end up seeing her before. I still don't seem to be running a fever...which is why no one seems too concerned. Boy, do I ever sound terrible..have mostly lost my voice and have a really terrible cough! Slept most of yesterday. Don't even feel good enough to spend time on the computer..or reading..or anything!

Bbl...hopefully feeling better!

So glad to see you pop in Josie. It sounds like you are still feeling pretty miserable! Hopefully you are getting rest and lots of fluid!
Take care!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Tishd

Jo, so glad to hear from you. My neighbor had something like you describe...no temp. but laryngitis and coughing. She's a nurse, and like my daughter, does not go to the doctor unless at death's door so I think she's just waiting til it runs its course. This is her second week and her voice in back but the coughing is still with her.

Cathe, I am in awe of you and others who do their own painting. I have never tackled that for anything as large as a wall, etc.

The freezing rain has stopped and it is 35 degrees so some of the ice is beginning to melt. I am waiting for another call from my cousin to let me know what time she will be here.

bbl

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 10:54 AM
In response to oakhills

Ann how nice you are having a visit from your cousin! I hope the weather is cooperating.

Betsey, guess what???? i got the episodes of Downton Abbey today! Now that was fast! Didn't I only order it yesterday, or was it Monday!? It says approx. 15 hours on 6 discs.

It sounds like I am missing many good shows after reading all the chatter here! Tom Selleck???? I guess I have missed the show Blue Blood too!

Now myself, I think George Clooney is rather dreamy! Sigh!

Usually when I have the television on, I am reading or knitting or crocheting!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-16-13 11:50 AM
In response to Tishd

Good morning....for a few more minutes anyway!

My sister patty is here. She stayed last night and will also tonight. The girls love when she comes to stay. My dh...not so much. lol

It is so cold here, 33 right now and foggy.

JO so glad you got some antibiotics. I was just like you, lost my voice and coughing my fool head off. lasted a good 2 weeks.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-16-13 11:51 AM
In response to charK

TISH I am going to order the DVD's too. Actually I am going to check Walmart first since I am going there today for a prescription.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics