Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to charK

hi everyone, just a quick hello. We are going to Doug and Charity's for dinner. YHEA!!

I made a card this afternoon for my niece Anne.

Char-glad you got the agreement signed. I'm happy too that you got a hug and a kiss. you deserve it.

I hate gloomy days. We have had sunshine the last few days. It is supposed to be really cold Mon. & Tues. High of 5 and 9!

ok better go

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-20-13 01:30 PM
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Good afternoon grammies!

DD just left. We had a good visit and have signed an agreement. So happy that is over and hopefully the lawyer will get it filed....until then I am still worried.

We had hugs and kisses when she left.

I am so glad things went well with your daughter, Char! And hugs and kisses after what you have gone through says a lot! I hope things from here on go the way you want and the best for all! HUGS from Maine!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-20-13 01:34 PM
In response to charK

A couple of pages from me and then I am off to watch football for a bit. I think it is Atlanta and San Francisco on now.

I am really not good at putting more than one photo to a page! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Di I will not spoil the book for you. I recommend it!

Betsey, I would love to send David something too any suggestions such as books, magazines, crosswords, and kind of puzzle's??????

We WON! By Tishd

Family By Tishd

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-20-13 01:36 PM
In response to scrappin 2

We get hit with it on Wednesday Cathe. It is very windy and cold today but by Wednesday it will be about 3 degrees at the high and cold the rest of the week. Oh well it is January. This is the cold that we normally get in December!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Betsey; oh my gosh...what a cute picture. Never seen one like that..

I accept your layout.. as I'm sure all will. I think your flower has blue and purple in it (can't really tell) so in a real monochromatic contest/challenge the layout wouldn't make it in voting (if it does indeed have blue/purple). but heck; we're not going to that extreme...

whew; now rest easy mentally.

Oh Lord....you are right...it does......barely, but it is there. Sigh! I guess I will never enter a monochromatic challenge.......I just have a really hard time using just one color......even with the neutrals.......I am NOT good at this at all! It was fun.......and the fact that I had to try it three times to even get it close to being right is just hilarious to me. I definately need color therapy!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Betsey; speaking of David... how is it going? can he get up at all? I can't picture the logistics of such injury.

Well basically he is on the couch, in the recliner or in bed. He can use crutches, but the danger is that if he slips and puts his foot down he could do permanent damage. A wheel chair is not practical in the house really, although there is one there if he needs it......the problem is that he cannot put his foot down lower than his body as the blood rushes there it swells and causes serious pain.

The general pain is less. but there is a place where it is not healing properly according to the doctor......we are not talking about that right now....as the issues with that are dire. The one place where the bone came through his shin, is also not healing well, and there is a screw that has popped out and you can see and feel it right under the skin. The other two place where the bone came through the skin are healing well.

The doc said not to worry about that, as when it is fully healed they can remove that screw as it will not be needed. I know, I know....makes no reall good sense to me either....but I am just telling you what I was told. He will be out of work for at least 6 months and will probably lose his job. Apparently they do not have to hold your job that long. You can reapply and wait for an opening, but nothing is guaranteed. It's a nasty world out there isn;t it?????

He will be out of saved sick and personal leave after about four and a half months...so I don't know what will happen. Again.......a day at a time. Obviously he does not have AFLAC........and frankly I don't know who can afford AFLAC these days.......but he does not have it. This is a county government job, so the health care for common stuff is good, flu, sore throats, hernia...etc.....but for a catostrophic injury it is not good......! Basically they are probably going to lose their house eventually. And as Karen says....."Mom...its only stuff....I just want him well and healed." So when I view it from that perspective, she is right. But they have lived in that house for 25 years........Ally and Rachael have never lived anywhere else. Yes....that makes me sad, but she is right...its only a thing. So that is the story so far. Aren't you sorry you asked?????? LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

• charK Said:
BETSEY can David get to a table yet to do a jigsaw puzzle or anything. Would like to send him something to do.

Char....he has many puzzles and such things piled up to do when he can get to the table and sit there comfortably. This is not like a normal broken leg...theere is no cast.......it is not the way I expected it to be either. He has no bone from the knee to the foot. It is a steel rod, since the bone broke in three places. therefore he has stitches which have been removed I think yesterday. It will be a very long healing process not like that of a broken bone.....I don't really know the details....but at this point he needs to keep the leg elevated most of the time, which makes it hard to sit at a table..big enough for puzzles. Thank God he is a big movvie buff, and has every movie known to man at this point. He watches all the Old John Wayne movies......love all the star wars and such movies......in fact there are hardly any he does not like, but has hundreds of them......he does read, but no fiction. He has plenty to read...but David is a guy that is a putterer. He has a Chevelle that he has been working on for years.......also a 49 chev pickup truck....his hobbies all have to do with labor. He is making models at this point.......but I don't know what kind he likes....I am sure its cars, trucks etc...but don't know which ones. He is doing ok.......he is depressed because its not healing quicker!!!! He too, suffers from that "why am I not healing like I did at 30?".....LOL He is 56 and just doesn't think he should be taking this long. LOL

There is really nothing I can think of that he would enjoy at this point, that he does not already have. He is a man of few wants and needs. He is not into sports, so all the football, hockey, basketball on TV has no interest for him.

If I hear of anything he needs or wants I will let you know......! He truly did enjoy the cards he got though......and as I said, was quite touched that my grans would think of him and send them.

Char......glad the agreement is signed and she has seemingly started thinking of the girls first. This is good. And hopefully the hugs and kisses mean that she is going to try very hard to be the daughter she used to be. I will keep praying........! When the girls realize that they don't have to worry about where they will live or go to school, I am sure they will be feeling much more secure and content. Even at my age, the idea of having to move again, to a different house, different neighborhood, is unsettling. I know how hard that is on children, and teens though they may be, they are still children to me. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Oh NOOOOOOOOOO! San Fran beath the Falcons.......I was watching most of the game, and I don't know what happened. Atlanta came out like gang busters and then seemed to stall and 49ers scored twice in the first half.......OH MY......I was kind of rooting for Atlanta. OK.....Now the next game.....NE and Ravens......may the best team win!!!!!! I have to say......(sorry Tish) but I have to root for the Ravens now. Sigh! I will not be disappointed if the NE team wins however. LOL

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-20-13 04:09 PM
In response to memex9

Betsey, I knew you would be rooting for the Raven's! That is fine! May the best team win....in this case, it will be who is really on their game today!

I wanted Atlanta to win too!!!!

Right now, go Pat's!

I will not be disappointed. I will be disappointed only if they do get to the Super Bowl and then lose!!!!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-20-13 05:31 PM
In response to Tishd

Back from the mall in one piece! Chloe and I were traumatized.....we witnessed a man getting tasered right in front of us. He ran past us and was being chased by 2 men and they were yelling at him to stop and then tasered him. He hit the floor and got up trying to run and knocked down a sign in front of a store. It was very scary. Chloe was upset and shaking and so was I. Caitlin and her friend had gone to another store so I texted her to find out where she was. I was then worried about them. That guy could have a gun and could have started shooting. I hate the mall even more now!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-20-13 05:33 PM
In response to charK

We went to the food court to eat and a guy, young man was standing in the middle of the place doing ti-chi!! Vey crazy. We think his friends dared him to. Meanwhile music is blaring and they have screens with music videos on them. Can't hear a thing. I am sounding like a very old cranky woman.

My hips are sore and I just want to lay on teh couch with my pooch and hot tea!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-20-13 05:38 PM
In response to charK

Scarey! Way to many scarey things going on !

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-20-13 05:41 PM
In response to Tishd

Betsey please pm me david's addy and I will send him a funny card.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-20-13 06:01 PM
In response to charK

I am NOT liking the way this game is going at all!!!!!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-20-13 06:16 PM
In response to Tishd

Looks like it may be over Tish!! Baltimore is really playing well.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
Ok I will not be going up to Washington till the weekend of the first of February. Daughter has duty on the 2nd so I can sneek down to tacoma to meet Char and Diana if you ladies want to have lunch that day or anything.

???????

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-20-13 06:28 PM
In response to tneal40

TEIA give me an exact day and we can set up the meet!!!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to charK

February 2nd

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-20-13 06:33 PM
In response to charK

Oh DUH I see it is February 2nd. Just want a confirmation.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-20-13 06:43 PM
In response to charK

Yes, they are! Well I can root for Baltimore next week now! It was fun while it lasted!!!!!!

Sob, sob, sob.....just kidding.....i am not sad!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics