Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-20-13 06:48 PM
In response to Tishd

Someone had to loose! Now I will go to bed and read a bit!

Betsey, you there!!!!!!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Back from the mall in one piece! Chloe and I were traumatized.....we witnessed a man getting tasered right in front of us. He ran past us and was being chased by 2 men and they were yelling at him to stop and then tasered him. He hit the floor and got up trying to run and knocked down a sign in front of a store. It was very scary. Chloe was upset and shaking and so was I. Caitlin and her friend had gone to another store so I texted her to find out where she was. I was then worried about them. That guy could have a gun and could have started shooting. I hate the mall even more now!!

That is scary. Obviously, glad you weren't injured.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
  • tneal40 Said:
Ok I will not be going up to Washington till the weekend of the first of February. Daughter has duty on the 2nd so I can sneek down to tacoma to meet Char and Diana if you ladies want to have lunch that day or anything.

???????

Sorry Teia; when you asked before I couldn't find my handy dandy calendar. I can't meet on the 2nd of February. Sorry.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Good afternoon grammies!

DD just left. We had a good visit and have signed an agreement. So happy that is over and hopefully the lawyer will get it filed....until then I am still worried.

We had hugs and kisses when she left.

That's all good news.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

Betsey; we need to get DAvid to take up crocheting... or rug hooking.

ok, one more long day of sorting stuff and finding homes and filling boxes for GW... I'm pooped. Luckily only about 1/2 a day tomorrow and I should be done with that project. whew.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Sunnydi

Cathe - Glad you got a break from cooking for everyone and were treated to someone else cooking for you.

Betsey - Sorry to hear that David and Karen could face the possibility of losing their house. She is right though in the scheme of things it is more important that he get well than anything else.

Char - How SCARY!!! Glad you all are ok.

Tish - I may just have to get that book on my Kindle Fire. I will check it out.

I had a really great day at work. Home relaxing, and planning on working on the challenge while I am off the next 3 days.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-20-13 07:23 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Hi Cheryl! Glad to hear you had a good work day!

I am in bed after taking a couple of Benadryl will read awhile i guess!

Oh, i do not think you moved Teia's entry to the front page...you probably didn't see it!

Nie, nite all!.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:
Before I forget again......Thanks to those of you who sent cards to my sil David. He was quite touched Karen said and it made him feel really good. They arrived on different days so, that was good......another thing...all were handmade and he truly appreciates that.....his Mom was an Art Teacher for years, so he does have an appreication for handmade artsy type things, even though he is not crazy about my scrapbooks. He is the one that just wants photos in a book with names and dates.......LOL "Not all that fancy frilly stuff all around them....." he he he he!!!!

Betsey, I know you are right, and Allen is right. I need to get out more. I need to get fresh air in my lungs. Sometimes I know I nap because I am depressed and as strange as it sounds, I like to shut the world out for awhile!

My sil, Jeanne, just called and we talked for quite awhile. She dated Allen's brother in high school and was also one of my attendants at our wedding! Jeanne was a year behind me in school. There is no reason why I couldn't drive to Belfast and meet her for lunch at least once a month. My friend, Punkey and friend, Judy, wanted to get together at the diner this coming Wednesday but I am scheduled for lab and chemo so we will try for Friday. So many opportunities for me to get together with friends and what do I do, hole up in the house like a hermit!

I finished my book! Will not say anything about it because I believe Char is reading the book now. Char if you read this, I will be interested in your thoughts about the book when you are done!

I am glad David was happy with the cards. It has to be so hard on him to be in pain, and not able to move about freely!

Tish, I downloaded that book on my Nook yesterday along with an abridged version of Les Miserables. I started Les Misrables first but I may stop it as it is very long and read the one you were reading while I am with Lara at chemo tomorrow.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-20-13 07:51 PM
In response to oakhills

I have not been able to get to my book again. Too many people around here to concentrate. I will have to try and get in the tub tomorrow for a bubble bath and reading.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-20-13 07:53 PM
In response to charK

Don't remember if I told you all or not but I shall be the lovely recipient of a colonoscopy on Thursday!! Lucky me.

The girls have been having a grand ole time laughing about all that I have to do to get ready and then the whole idea of what the Doctor does to you and it's a boy doctor too!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

The scrapbook genie paid a visit this afternoon and I finished my challenge page! It was too late to take a photo and put it in the gallery. I will be away all day tomorrow with Lara for her chemo treatment but will get it added on Tues. if the lighting is good enough for a photo.

I will try to respond to more of your posts later but must say to Char how pleased I am that your daughter signed the agreement and left in an amicable way. Great step!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to oakhills

Tish - Thanks for noticing!! I had commented on her layout and THOUGHT I put it on the first page last night. My brain is foggy after working 12 hours and then trying to read and catch up after getting home.

Teia - Sorry I didn't get your challenge on the first page until today.

Ann - Yeah that you got the challege done. I can't wait to see it.

Jo - I saw on FB that your father has to see a cancer doctor tomorrow and that you are going with your parents. Prayers for you all. I know you are expecting Garrett tomorrow and looks like you will probably not get to be there when he is born. So sorry!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning everyone...........sorry to all the Pats fans......But....Goooooo Ravens. Quite honestly, I really did not care which team won. If it'[s not the Bucs or the Redskins then it just doesn't matter. However, I am now firmly rooted in the hoping that the Ravens win the Superbowl. LOL

Coffee is ready.....

It is not cold here today...its 64 this morning, and expected to be 76 today.......so no heat or no a/c running....that is a good day. I love that I don't have to go to work today.......but of course I am up just as if I had to go. Oh well......I don't have to watch the clock...and that's good.

So far....we have five entries???? Is that right???? Of course mine is not really right....but close enough according to Di! I think that's as close as I can get. I don't know why that is so hard for me......but it sure was. How funny! Now I have a question.........for Diana. Are all of the others correct and would they pass a monochromatic challenge in the real world?????? I thought of changing mine, and taking that flower off, but I will just leave it as a testimony to a lesson learned. I still think I need therapy for my color issues!

Jo I hope you are feeling well enough to go with your Dad and does that mean you will not be there when the new baby is born????? I am so sorry if that is the case as I know how you were looking forward to it. Is your Dad's appointment a new thing....????? Did something happen?>???? I will b e praying for all of you and hope everything goes well for your Dad and for your dd and new baby Garrett.

Tish....I am sorry about New England......I know you are disappointed, but after all after a considerable period of mourning.......you can then root for the Ravens because after all they are an East Coast Team. LOL

Char.....will send Davids address today. If I forget please remind me.....!

As for my dd losing their house, the house is bad enough, but the garage that David built is a big garage housing three motorcylces, two antique car projects and various parts and pieces of his massive collection of antique parts and engines etc. The odds of them finding a rental where any of that is allowed is slim and none. I just hate to see him lose all of that stuff......the truck he has had for 30 years.......and drove it for a very long time......in fact when I first knew him he was drive the 49 chevy Pickup.....now he is restoring it, and its more of a hobby than a project that will be completed. Finding the parts is the hard part. LOL Anyway...enough about that....it really upsets me that they will probably lose their home.....very, very sad!

I hope everyone has a great day....and for those of you who are in the big freeze area....stay warm and cozy!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

BTW........just thought of something as I was looking at the ad from Hob by Lobby that I get everyweek in my email, which also includes the 40% off coupon for one item that you can print out and use everyday for that week, (you do have to print one for each day, however) Anyway, I was looking at the online catalog of all that's on sale etc.......and realized that possibly some of you don't realize that Hobby Lobby has a huge on-line shopping page. For more than just scrapbooking, but for those of you who do not have a Hobby Lobby in your area.....this is a great deal. The prices are great and you can really see the papers up close and personal. Try it.....you might like it. LOL

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Josie- I will be including your dad in my prayers. Will you have to take Grayden with you?

Betsey-I'll hope and pray David doesn't loose his job.

Yesterday I would watch some of the games and then go play with the kids awhile.

I learned that Casey has been craving double cheeseburgers, potato chips and pickles. So NOT her. Her brother & Dad were teasing her.

I had the strangest dream the other night...I had a real President Obama who was about 20 inches tall and I put him in my bottom kitchen cupboard. I told him where he could rest his long legs. I must be upset with him. lol

Di keep sorting and organizing and then come to my house. My friend Nance is doing the same thing. I should jump on the band wagon.

Have a good day everyone.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

No Betsey I didn't know HL had an online shopping site. thanks for telling us. And I used to get their emails and don't anymore. I will have to sign up again.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 06:20 AM
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
  • Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:
Before I forget again......Thanks to those of you who sent cards to my sil David. He was quite touched Karen said and it made him feel really good. They arrived on different days so, that was good......another thing...all were handmade and he truly appreciates that.....his Mom was an Art Teacher for years, so he does have an appreication for handmade artsy type things, even though he is not crazy about my scrapbooks. He is the one that just wants photos in a book with names and dates.......LOL "Not all that fancy frilly stuff all around them....." he he he he!!!!

Betsey, I know you are right, and Allen is right. I need to get out more. I need to get fresh air in my lungs. Sometimes I know I nap because I am depressed and as strange as it sounds, I like to shut the world out for awhile!

My sil, Jeanne, just called and we talked for quite awhile. She dated Allen's brother in high school and was also one of my attendants at our wedding! Jeanne was a year behind me in school. There is no reason why I couldn't drive to Belfast and meet her for lunch at least once a month. My friend, Punkey and friend, Judy, wanted to get together at the diner this coming Wednesday but I am scheduled for lab and chemo so we will try for Friday. So many opportunities for me to get together with friends and what do I do, hole up in the house like a hermit!

I finished my book! Will not say anything about it because I believe Char is reading the book now. Char if you read this, I will be interested in your thoughts about the book when you are done!

I am glad David was happy with the cards. It has to be so hard on him to be in pain, and not able to move about freely!

Tish, I downloaded that book on my Nook yesterday along with an abridged version of Les Miserables. I started Les Misrables first but I may stop it as it is very long and read the one you were reading while I am with Lara at chemo tomorrow.

My personal opinion of the book without telling any spoilers......a good book but I did lot like the ending at all.....So when anyone else finished the book from beginning to end, I am curious as to your thoughts.

How long does Lara's chemo usually last? My first day of the cycle is always the longest. By the time we get there, check in, have lab work, nurse assessment and doctor visit and then pre-meds before the infusions...It will be about 6 hours there, then we have to factor in drive time there and back...Long day!

Can't wait to see you challenge entry!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 06:23 AM
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Tish - Thanks for noticing!! I had commented on her layout and THOUGHT I put it on the first page last night. My brain is foggy after working 12 hours and then trying to read and catch up after getting home.

Teia - Sorry I didn't get your challenge on the first page until today.

Ann - Yeah that you got the challege done. I can't wait to see it.

Jo - I saw on FB that your father has to see a cancer doctor tomorrow and that you are going with your parents. Prayers for you all. I know you are expecting Garrett tomorrow and looks like you will probably not get to be there when he is born. So sorry!!

Yes, I saw that on facebook about Josie's dad too. It sounds like his platelet count is way low!!!

Drive safely JO and update us when you can about baby and your dad!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 06:34 AM
In response to memex9

Good morning Ms. Betsey! Guess what I made coffee at 5:45 am this morning for all of you. Drank a cup myself, watched a bit of the news, and then went back to bed!!! (I forgot to let you all know coffee was ready!) Slipped up again!

No school in our area today so Tim just sent me an e-mail that Abbi and Max would not be getting off the bus today.

He always has interesting thoughts and musings about the games so I will share with you what he wrote...I think he missed his calling! He should have been a broadcaster in the sports world with his recall! LOL....He is of course a true blue Patriots fan no matter how poorly they are doing.

He said the following: Yeah, the loss was disappointing. I didn’t feel good about it going into the game, and even when the Pats led 13-7 at the half, I was thinking that Baltimore had the edge. Especially considering New England lost their good cornerback, Talib. I felt really bad for Ridley, the Patriots running back, when he got knocked out after that good run, and fumbled. It made me cringe. I hate seeing guys get hurt like that. The guy that smashed him in the head, Pollard, was the same guy that snapped Tom Brady’s knee and put him out for the season in ’08 and fell on Gronkowski’s ankle last year, making him ineffective for the super bowl. He was also the guy that Welker was trying to get away from when he made a quick cut and blew out his knee a few years ago, which put him out for the playoffs. I hate Pollard…

Anyways, yes – Let’s go Sox! Only 20 days until pitchers and catchers report for spring training.

Tim

Apparently he doesn't care for Baltimore's Pollard!

Anyway, yes, a bit disappointed myself, but the Patriots did not play as well as Baltimore. I will definitely be rooting for Baltimore in the Super Bowl. I always have a pang of sorrow for the losing team even if they aren't my team.

I am happy that your talk finally got me into football. I can truthfully tell you I now understand the downs and all that stuff!

So with that said....Go Baltimore!!!!!!

I loved your challenge entry, and had to look at it up close to see the purple in the flower! The rest of the page definitely had what I think of as the monochromatic touch! I actually used teals, but when I see it by Di's, it looks more green.

YOU DO NOT NEED COLOR therapy silly.

Well I would feel terrible just like everyone else if Karen and Dave had to lose their home, but most important is his healing and making a complete recovery from this terrible accident.

Moving on!

Edited by Tishd on 01-21-13 01:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 06:38 AM
In response to scrappin 2

• scrappin 2 Said:
Josie- I will be including your dad in my prayers. Will you have to take Grayden with you?

Betsey-I'll hope and pray David doesn't loose his job.

Yesterday I would watch some of the games and then go play with the kids awhile.

I learned that Casey has been craving double cheeseburgers, potato chips and pickles. So NOT her. Her brother & Dad were teasing her.

I had the strangest dream the other night...I had a real President Obama who was about 20 inches tall and I put him in my bottom kitchen cupboard. I told him where he could rest his long legs. I must be upset with him. lol

Di keep sorting and organizing and then come to my house. My friend Nance is doing the same thing. I should jump on the band wagon.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning Cathe! Your dream about President Obama is so funny but not all that weird considering I often have a dream that I have this tiny tiny tiny baby (real baby and very beautiful) and I am forever losing him/her. Last time I found the baby (in my dream) in the dryer!
Weird huh.

Your probably were dreaming about the President because of his being sworn in yesterday...... Not very nice to put him in the cupboard though..hopefully you left the door open.

I may look on line today and see the Hobby Lobby site. Postage would be the killer for me though.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics