Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Good morning!

Teia- I'm sure relieved and I bet you are too that you heard from your dd.

Yesterday went by too fast when the kids and kiddos were here.

The Pope resigned...wow that is huge!

Char - how fun to buy Valentine shirts for the girls.

I have to go into town today. I forgot my 5 lbs. sack of potatoes in the grocery cart on Friday. I called the store and someone turned them in. Bless their heart. They could have taken them.

Have a great day.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
Morning ladies... coffee and banana muffins on the table, napkins are there also... creamer in the frige and the sugar container is on the counter... spoons top drawer to the right of the sink... Straws for the soda in the 3rd drawer down and if you wish a glass.... in cabnets above the spoons...

You are so funny!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to tneal40

Teia - Thanks for the coffee and where to find everything!! LOL

I am up late today!! Glad I didn't get called in sincce this was my high census day. I need to exercise but really hate getting started so late.

There was a 3 year old shot (by the mother's boyfriend) Saturday and brought to our ER and then flown to Vanderbilt. He did at Vanderbilt about 30 minutes after he arrived. The gunshot was to the head and the boyfriend has been charged with 2nd degree manslaughter. Chick-Fil-A is going to donate 20% of all profits today to the funeral expenses, so I am going to splurge and eat lunch there today.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to cdjohnson

I am just sick that anyone can harm a child. I would rant more but just so heart sick.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-11-13 08:22 AM
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • Tishd Said:
I am still up!!!!!!!

.......I'm still waiting for a pic of your snow.

OK, will download, or is it upload one today, Di!!
Probably should scrap a couple!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-11-13 08:24 AM
In response to charK

Char, it sounds like a fun day at the Mall! I used to love buying outfits for the grandchildren until I had so many grandchildren! Now I tend to buy more for Max and Abbi since they need clothes and aren't quite as hard to buy for.

Glad to hear your brother is doing well!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-11-13 08:27 AM
In response to memex9

I guess it went in one of my big ears and out the other, Betsey! I had been watching it on Netflix. I need to still watch season 2. Last night was the first night I have watched on television. Here I thought I was going to be watching it from 8-9 and it was on 8 - 11. I loved every minute of the it, and especially love the dresses the women wear. Maggie Smith is wonderful! I love all the characters! They play their parts so well!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-11-13 08:30 AM
In response to scrappin 2

Cathe, Allen went grocery shopping for me today! Can you believe it????? I made out this long list and off he went. The only problem I have with his grocery shopping is his sometimes buying the store brand which is cheaper true, but in some things I want the name brand. Example peanut butter. I want Jif, Skippy or Teddy!

I guess my icky scratchy throat and nose drip was a day thing yesterday. This morning all seems well!

I heard on the news this morning about the Pope resigning. Why? age? sickness????

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-11-13 08:33 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Oh, Lord, Cheryl...how sad about the little boy dying. Why are there so many sick wacky trigger happy people in society today!

By the way, I heard they have a million dollar reward out for the ex cop in California. A million dollars!?????

Oh, Char, did the challenge. Did you miss it? I do not see it on the front page, but maybe I missed it!

I have to get busy.....You all have a good day.

Thank you for coffee Teia and all the instructions!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Oh, Lord, Cheryl...how sad about the little boy dying. Why are there so many sick wacky trigger happy people in society today!

By the way, I heard they have a million dollar reward out for the ex cop in California. A million dollars!?????

Oh, Char, did the challenge. Did you miss it? I do not see it on the front page, but maybe I missed it!

I have to get busy.....You all have a good day.

Thank you for coffee Teia and all the instructions!

Didn't want anyone getting lost in the HUGE (not) kitchen I have lol... At school early as I had to turn in the rental car. About to get a cup of coffee here and to the computer lab.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

Teia; you made me laugh. I'll take the Diet Coke without a straw. Thanks.

Cheryl; oh so sad about that child... evil people.

Cathe; thanks for the tip on the Pope. Now I have to turn on the news. I've been avoiding it lately. Our parish priest was due to retire this year but seems they are letting him go another year as not enough priests to fulfill the retirements happening right now in our diocese.

Time to pay those pesky bills.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 02-11-13 09:16 AM
In response to Tishd

These stupid women who leave their children with "boyfriends" who kill and injure their kids. Just boils my blood.

The charge of manslaughter is crazy. The prison time for that is minimal.

My brother had a baby with his high school girlfriend and she killed the baby by throwing him against the washing machine during a fight with my brother. The baby died and she was charged with manslaughter. She was 18 and he was 17. My parents brought charges against her since my brother was a minor. She served 18 months in prison. I was 16 at the time and this devastated my family.

My brother brought the baby to our house and my mom baptised him in the kitchen sink and they took him to the hospital.

The girlfriend came to our house and my sister Patty who was 15 smacked her around until we could get her off of her. It was terrible.

I have not thought about this for a very long time. Just brought it all out. Such a sad, sad period in my families life.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Teia - Thanks for the coffee and where to find everything!! LOL

I am up late today!! Glad I didn't get called in sincce this was my high census day. I need to exercise but really hate getting started so late.

There was a 3 year old shot (by the mother's boyfriend) Saturday and brought to our ER and then flown to Vanderbilt. He did at Vanderbilt about 30 minutes after he arrived. The gunshot was to the head and the boyfriend has been charged with 2nd degree manslaughter. Chick-Fil-A is going to donate 20% of all profits today to the funeral expenses, so I am going to splurge and eat lunch there today.

And for this....he is ONLY charged with 2nd degree manslaughter?????? And why is this not national news????? Another small child killed with a gun. This is beyond sad.......and totally unacceptable as far as I am concerned......something needs to be done, but I am not sure what. That guy who shot the baby, would have a gun even with all the background checks etc. What is it that people don't understand about that. People who buy guns legally are not the ones out in the streets shooting people. Its the ones who buy the guns illegally that are doing this....all the laws we can make will never stop those kind. I am sick at heart for this poor child. But what kind of Mother is around guys with guns.......??????

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

WOW......not a good way to start my afternoon.......I am sick over another child dead for no apparent reason. Char...what a terrible, terrible story and how very sad! Even at 18 one would think that killing your own child in that horrific manner would deserve more than 18 mos in jail. Is that how cheap a childs life is????? And when I think of the couples who long for a child, go through hell to have a baby...it just seems even worse. There are still so many people who want children and can't have them.....it just does not seem right. How sad for all of your family Char.....!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

Sad story/happening Char. Wow.. I get speechless at such things. When I couldn't get pregnant/stay pregnant for the 9 years in my young adulthood I used to get physically sick over stories of children being hurt/killed. I longed so for a baby.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-11-13 12:59 PM
In response to Sunnydi

Such a sad story Char. I can't imagine someone doing such a sensless act of violence to anyone let alone a baby. What a light sentence. People get longer than that for robbery and drugs.

And Cheryl a sad story from your end of the country too.

We have had more snow today...really a pretty snow. I got some pictures of Max and Abbi getting off the bus in the snow. Will upload a couple in a bit...meanwhile dropping off a layout.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-11-13 01:00 PM
In response to Tishd

Abbi coming up to the steps after getting off the bus awhile ago.

SNOW By Tishd

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 02-11-13 01:26 PM
In response to Tishd

TISH saw the weather today and they are saying MORE snow this weekend!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

As for the Pope resigning....I am stunned. A Pope has not resigned for over 500 years they said on TV. I wonder if he has Alzheimers maybe....that would be a reason that makes sense to me.......! I will be anxious to see who replaces him and if we ever know more about the reasons for this abrupt move. Interesting.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to charK

Just got back from taking Lara for her chemo. Her hemoglobin is staying up...was 10.2 three weeks ago and 10.1 today. No more decrease than that is very good during chemo.

Cheryl, such a tragedy for an innocent child!

Betsey, without getting on my soapbox, I blame a lot of the gun violence on movies and violent video games. The sacredness of life is no longer valued in our society.

Teia, sorry I was on the road before you offered coffee this AM! I take mine black so all I needed was a cup!

Tish. your layout of Abbi is so cute! Looking forward to seeing those snow pictures.

Our church services were not cancelled yesterday but the very strong thunderstorms kept all but a few at home. Even the music leader who never misses was out with bronchitis.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics