Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to scrappin 2

• scrappin 2 Said:
'mornin' Betsey

I bought some of that Chobani yogurt..gag me!! I couldn't remember what brands you gals liked. I know it should have live cultures. I don't think the Yoplait and Dannon which I like have Live cultures. Can't find it on the label, so I imagine it doesn't exist.

Yes, I could scan the article if anyone wants it.

I am meeting up with Carole at the mall. She needs something for her dh's birthday. I don't know how long I'll be able to walk around.

gotta go. catch you later

I buy the store brand......Publix, nothing with chunks of fruit in it.....don't do chunks.... I also buy Yoplait Light, and Oikos is just a new one I have tried, and I only eat the
Banana Cream, Vanilla Coconut, and Cafe latte flavors in the Oikos. I like that for a change. I buy Cappuchino, Creme brulet, Carrot Cake, Cinnamon Bun, and Strawberry banana......in the store brand. Yoplait light, has boston cream pie, Banana cream pie, Strawberry cheesecake, Strawberry banana, Red Velvet Cake.....and a few others......One is cherry something......anyway....those are the only flavors I eat....I have no idea what you mean about the live cultures.......Yogurt is yogurt according to my doc.....he told me to eat any I could get down. I am NOT a lover of yogurt....I eat it because I am supposed to. So I choose flavors that I can at least not gag with....LOL I have to say though, that I am developing a taste for it......and there are times when it truly hits the spot. I do, however eat one a day no matter what. I also drink one Ensure a day also. I do not eat right at all, and if you lived alone you would understand......it is just too much work to fix a real meal every night......so I tend to eat frozen stuff, sandwiches, soup, cereal. Fortunately I am one who loves breakfast for dinner, so I have scrapbled eggs about once a week or less......I made pancakes last night, as I need ed to use up the milk......I had pancakes and grapes.....LOL I do eat fruit every day of some sort. Only because se have so much at school..strawberries, grapes, oranges, banannas, all fresh once a week......on yes and kumquats also....those I do not eat......they are awful. Not all kumquats are awful, but the ones we get are.

We also serve a prepared fruit everyday some flavor of apple sauce......or diced pears, peaches or peaches in jello. So fruit is abundant. I could eat a salad every day, but I either have to eat it at 10:30 am, or at about 12:30 but only have about 15 min, so by the time I get it fixed its almost time to go back.....LOL I eat my yogurt at 10:20....I just can't eat real food that time of morning........it's just too early for food for me.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Jojo Noons

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Personally no one needs it to be light out until 10pm for any reason, but of course that's just my opinion.

ohhhhhhh; We do. Here in the Pac NW where we live under gray skies 70% of the time... we need those longer light hours in the spring summer time. It's sunny today; woohoo...

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

We have a great outing today. One of our glass clubs is paying our admittance to the Chihuly glass exhibit at the City Center. We're meeting for lunch at the Food Court (Josie that is where we met...) the Food Court has 6 new eateries in it since last summer. And it's sunny so that will make the glass museum better. One room is a glass wall big room.. oh boy; photo ops.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

Hi ........I just finished the page for our challenge......yipppeeee.......! Here it is!

Boxed Christmas Delight By Memex9

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

What do people do with children.....getting them to bed before 10 at night????? In the summer it probably does not matter, although most parents both work these days and probably need to maintain some kind of schedule even in the summer........! I personally cannot go to sleep very well in the daylight....when its still light out until 10 at night.....its ok in the summer I guess, but I am not a late night person......Maybe that's my problem......I like to get up early.....and go to bed early. I am not liking this new thing where I am awake until midnight at up at 4 or 5.......this is not giving me enough sleep ......!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-09-13 09:41 AM
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Di - I would not take anything that is natural without talking to your doctor first. Some things do interfere with prescription medications. Our doctors are ALWAYS warning patients about this.

Betsey - I am glad the new lady is at least doing her work even if she is "shiny and new".

Char - NOT RIGHT!! So sorry to hear about sequester hitting you hard. I, too, have not heard of anyone else I know having to deal with this.

Tish - I know you went to bed, but on my front Yahoo page it says that Maine is considering making gun ownership MANDATORY!! I know it said they probably can't enforce it but I found it very interesting. Have you heard about it?
Josie - I am glad the older 2 are able to help out. I pray your headaches goes away and stays away.

Jodie - I like reuben sandwiches but no one else in my house does.

Di - I guess Dori wore you out and you didn't even realize it!

Teia - I hope you don't lose your money for school.

Ann - Hope the rain holds off for your fish fry.

It is supposed to be in the 60s here tomorrow. I am going shopping with my daughter and her boyfriend. She needs some things for our Florida trip.

Cheryl, I had not heard anything about this when you mentioned it yesterday. I looked it up this morning and found this link. I guess it is just one small western Maine town! Interesting. If I were required to own a gun, I would have to be taught how to use it!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/09/u s-communiti...

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-09-13 09:44 AM
In response to memex9

Betsey, we always maintained consistent bedtime hours for our children! I can still remember them complaining about being sent to bed before dark! LOL !

The longer daylight hours are good for people who work all day. Nice for them to have some daylight hours in the evening. Even Tim mentioned it this week. I do not do well with lack of light, sunlight!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • memex9 Said:
Personally no one needs it to be light out until 10pm for any reason, but of course that's just my opinion.

ohhhhhhh; We do. Here in the Pac NW where we live under gray skies 70% of the time... we need those longer light hours in the spring summer time. It's sunny today; woohoo...

An awful lot of people live there, so it must have some attraction. 70% of the time under grey skies would not be horrible, but rain would! I love grey days and although I kind of remember, in about Feb in Maryland, I was ready for sun......it was not a big deal. But I don't have any depression issues so maybe that's the reason. Here, we are just the opposite, we pray for a grey day.........I guess too much of anything is not a good thing. Sun beating down on you day after day after day......it terrible. For example, I park outside, no room in the garage, but anyway, we have to replace our windshield wipers at least twice a year, because of the sun.....the paint on a car is a problem also.......the roofs don't last as long as they should, due to the sun....but our sun is so hot and strong. Diana, you would have to be totally covered all the time if you were here......I am sure your fair skin would burn, burn, burn......! I guess too much of anything is just that ......too much~!!!!!! I personally like living in North Carolina/Maryland it seemed to be the perfect mix of warm/cold, sun/grey.......just when you were tired of one thing, the season changed and it was fine. I do miss that climate.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-09-13 09:51 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • bears99 Said:
Cathe....Kari and Nathan go to a doctor in South Dakota who uses natural supplements for everything. I will ask Kari if she has said anything about HTP. I think it would be worth a try. I don't like taking all of the meds...but at this point in things...I don't feel like I have a lot of options! Right now my immune system is pretty low and I'm pretty sure that's why I caught this "whatever it is!" Greyden has it too...just woke up from his nap with a fever!! My immune system is getting weaker the longer I'm in chemo! I will be glad when it's over for that reason!!

I might have to look into that book!!

I am curious....don't the docs involved in the chemo advise drinking a suplement like Ensure, Boost or something like that at least once a day????? I would think that would help the immune system....its why my doc suggested that i eat at least one yogurt a day, and drink an Ensure or Boost....for the immune system.

I had what was called Chemo teaching before the start of chemo. In the packet was a page about nutrition and good foods to eat. It seems like Yogurt was on the list. Some chemo patients really suffer with nausea and it is hard for them to eat. Myself, I didn't suffer from nausea and if I did, I had medication. I just found My appetite lacking.

The chemo really zaps your cells. In trying to destroy the bad guys, the chemo also takes some of the good guys too. That is usually the reason for the three week break between rounds. It gives you a chance to build back up. Mine seemed to take a bit longer this time!

Josie has had chemo longer so I imagine her poor immune system has really taken a beating. Mine went low enough!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • cdjohnson Said:
Di - I would not take anything that is natural without talking to your doctor first. Some things do interfere with prescription medications. Our doctors are ALWAYS warning patients about this.

Betsey - I am glad the new lady is at least doing her work even if she is "shiny and new".

Char - NOT RIGHT!! So sorry to hear about sequester hitting you hard. I, too, have not heard of anyone else I know having to deal with this.

Tish - I know you went to bed, but on my front Yahoo page it says that Maine is considering making gun ownership MANDATORY!! I know it said they probably can't enforce it but I found it very interesting. Have you heard about it?
Josie - I am glad the older 2 are able to help out. I pray your headaches goes away and stays away.

Jodie - I like reuben sandwiches but no one else in my house does.

Di - I guess Dori wore you out and you didn't even realize it!

Teia - I hope you don't lose your money for school.

Ann - Hope the rain holds off for your fish fry.

It is supposed to be in the 60s here tomorrow. I am going shopping with my daughter and her boyfriend. She needs some things for our Florida trip.

Cheryl, I had not heard anything about this when you mentioned it yesterday. I looked it up this morning and found this link. I guess it is just one small western Maine town! Interesting. If I were required to own a gun, I would have to be taught how to use it!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/09/u s-communiti...

Now I am surprised......seriously you do not know how to shoot a gun?????? I thought almost everyone in Maine, Vermont, New Hamshire, and many other states at least knew how to shoot. I do not own a gun, but can load and shoot many different types if I had to. I can shoot and in fact still have my last target from Mississippi when I was visiting John and Sarah.......and I am thinking my aim was still pretty good. Although shooting a target and a living moving thing is very different I am sure......so my food or bad guy just has to stand still, then I can "get them"!!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-09-13 09:54 AM
In response to scrappin 2

Cathe, I know Stonyfield Farms is highly recommended for its live cultures. The Chobani is supposed to be good too. Chobani definitely has a unique taste! I prefer it now, and definitely love the Cherry, Pineapple, Pomegrante, and strawberry.

I love your GAG me comment!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I was just thinking.....if I lived where Jojo lives, or Jo, or even Tish......I would be pretty sure to own a gun of some sort.....I mean you have "critters".......like bears, etc.......I would want to be able to protect my children, myself, and my pets.......! We have stuff here too, but I don't live in an area where we get any wild hogs, big cats, gators, etc.......Our biggest threat are the raccoons, and an occasional big snake.......although we havn't had any snake sightings for a while. You do have to be careful digging through brush piles etc....just like everywhere else I guess. Tish, don't you have wolves and coyotes??????

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-09-13 10:47 AM
In response to memex9

Betsey, we do have all kinds of wild life running around here! Seriously we do! I know there are bear around. I just haven't seen one! We have plenty of racoons, in fact one was up on our deck just this week (at night). We have to worry about rabid animals. I have seen a MOOSE about 50 feet from the house. We have the usual coyotes, fox, deer, skunk's, coons, muskrats, etc. around.

When I go out walking I carry a big stick! I think a lot of wild animals are more afraid of people and only attack if they feel threatened.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-09-13 10:51 AM
In response to Jojo Noons

• jojo noons Said:
Good Morning!
bright and sunny here too Tishy!! LOVE IT!! Haven't seen the sun in soo very long!! makes me want to goout and take pics....we will see, still have the stiff neck. Have been taking hot showers and warm compresses on it. It is getting up in the morning where it is the worst, because I'm sure my pillow needs replacing!!! Hopefully as the day goes on...it will ease up. For some reason this is the time of year when my neck acts up...have had many of these before and usually takes 3 to 4 days to work out...

Well back to the nice weather...definately going to take a walk over by the river to see the ice formations...always beautiful!! It is sooo bright out! Not use to this LOL! feel like I've become part mole!

Plenty to do... both need to do and want to do... I'll check back later...

Jojo did you get out to take pictures today? I should be outside walking around and letting some of the vitamin D fall on my face! I have been doing laundry and changed the bed. Allen is taking a nap. HEY, isn't napping my "thing"????? not his?

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-09-13 10:53 AM
In response to memex9

Betsey, I seriously do not know how to load or shoot a gun! If break in's keep happening around the area, I shall learn!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

Here is another page I finished.....Lilly on the way to All Childrens Hospital for surgery two weeks ago.

Be Brave.......! By Memex9

Edited by memex9 on 03-09-13 11:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

And here she is only an hour after surgery.....what a sweet brave little girl she is!

Precious little Face By Memex9

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Just a quick pop in to let you know that my mom called at 4 a.m. and my grandmother was not doing well. I am at their house and will be here until the end probably. I put her on 3 liters of oxygen and we started giving her morphine every 2 hours. I may or may not be around the next few days. I will check in when I can.

Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
I was just thinking.....if I lived where Jojo lives, or Jo, or even Tish......I would be pretty sure to own a gun of some sort.....I mean you have "critters".......like bears, etc.......I would want to be able to protect my children, myself, and my pets.......! We have stuff here too, but I don't live in an area where we get any wild hogs, big cats, gators, etc.......Our biggest threat are the raccoons, and an occasional big snake.......although we havn't had any snake sightings for a while. You do have to be careful digging through brush piles etc....just like everywhere else I guess. Tish, don't you have wolves and coyotes??????

I used to be a cop...have protection and know how to use it...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics