Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons
In response to Jojo Noons

Dropping one off!!!

I did this one as a digi...no access to my good stash at the moment and I wanted to complete the challenge...so I hope this fits the criteria...

Ready, Set, Tear it up!!! By Jojo Noons

oakhills
Governor
oakhills

Another page I made for Laynie's album. The post that Brittney had on her facebook page along with this photo was one I wanted them to have "forever"!

Loving Touch By Oakhills

I copied what she wrote and included it as hidden journaling that can be pulled out using the date tab. It reads: "Tonight the good Lord reminded me of something on the way home. Laynie was in the backseat screamin & cryin her eyes out. All I could do was reach in the back and find her hand. She grasped my finger, held tight and immediately became calm and quiet. We "held" hands the whole way home. She didn't have to see my face and I didn't say a word to calm her. It was a simple touch that soothed her. The Lord then reminded me that we don't have to see him or hear a voice to be calmed, a simple "touch" from Him will calm us. This touch isn't physical. It could be the sun shining on your face or a soft breeze through your hair. He's all around let him love on ya a bit ***In our weakness He is strong***"

Sure touched this Nana's heart to read that!

Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons

Dropping one off....
Did a digi...on PSE..really do not have any embellies....but just stock items sort of speak. Hope it meets the criteria...really wanted to complete the challenge and my Stash is still packed away....been trying to change that for a while now...I'm still trying...!!! Wild Bill has it buried in Cabin 3's cellar...it's all his fault!!! LOL!!!

Ready, Set, Tear it up!!! By Jojo Noons

Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
I was just thinking.....if I lived where Jojo lives, or Jo, or even Tish......I would be pretty sure to own a gun of some sort.....I mean you have "critters".......like bears, etc.......I would want to be able to protect my children, myself, and my pets.......! We have stuff here too, but I don't live in an area where we get any wild hogs, big cats, gators, etc.......Our biggest threat are the raccoons, and an occasional big snake.......although we havn't had any snake sightings for a while. You do have to be careful digging through brush piles etc....just like everywhere else I guess. Tish, don't you have wolves and coyotes??????

Betsey, Yep...we do have protection of many forms...Big and little...you need to. I feel the need to I guess is the proper way... My only fear up here is coming face to face with a bear, more Hannah being with the dog and run into one. No I wouldn't send her outside packing...but I also don't take a hike with her, bill or by myself without protection. Depends on where we are going...but we have had bears, moose, coyotes, fisher cats, tree martins, bobcats, and also there are a couple mountain lions seen around in the near vacinity. The old men will tell you there is wolves in NH and in Maine...but both states (Fish and Game) refuse to "recognize them".It's been like that for years up here...

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2

JJO-- you were a cop??? I didn't know that. Wow you have a lot of scary critters up your way.

We have coyote problems. One killed a little dog a few weeks ago.

I took a 2 hr. nap. Guess I needed it.

Rum always tells me that I need the sun after a few gloomy days.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Just a quick pop in to let you know that my mom called at 4 a.m. and my grandmother was not doing well. I am at their house and will be here until the end probably. I put her on 3 liters of oxygen and we started giving her morphine every 2 hours. I may or may not be around the next few days. I will check in when I can.

Oh dear...so sorry to hear. It is inevitable, but still so hard to loose someone you love.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
Another page I made for Laynie's album. The post that Brittney had on her facebook page along with this photo was one I wanted them to have "forever"!

Loving Touch By Oakhills

I copied what she wrote and included it as hidden journaling that can be pulled out using the date tab. It reads: "Tonight the good Lord remided me of something on the way home. Laynie was in the backseat screamin & cryin her eyes out. All I could do was reach in the back and find her hand. She grasped my finger, held tight and immediately became calm and quiet. We "held" hands the whole way home. She didn't have to see my face and I didn't say a word to calm her. It was a simple touch that soothed her. The Lord then reminded me that we don't have to see him or hear a voice to be calmed, a simple "touch" from Him will calm us. This touch isn't physical. It could be the sun shining on your face or a soft breeze through your hair. He's all around let him love on ya a bit ***In our weakness He is strong***"

Sure touched this Nana's heart to read that!

How beautiful.......and how true. And honestly, I could not have read that at a better time. Thanks for sharing that. It is a beautiful memory to put in her book and I know it will be a treasured page for the entire family! I cannot tell you how much that meant to me......we sometimes forget the simple things, and I needed a bit of a jog. She must be a lovely girl, and I know she is going to be a wonderful Mommy!

I do have to say, however, this whole thing about the car seats being in the back seat, facing the other direction......you can't even see them in the rear view mirror. While I know its safe and all, when you are alone with your baby, driving, and the baby is crying, or whatever, you cannot reach them.......Ally has had some terrible moments because of that.......and has had to pull over, stop and get out of the car to get to Lilly. I know these are safe things, but I don't like the idea that you can barely reach your child if you need to. In Karens car you cannot reach into the back at all......She has that Ford Expedition and Lilly is in the middle of the back seat but it is too far, to reach, the seats are too high.......! The day I was with them, I sat in the back with Lilly, just so she would not be so alone......LOL

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

Today at J.C. Penney's they had some cute things. A lot of things had too low of a neckline for me and who want to wear a cami and have a hot flash???...couldn't whip that off very easily LOL. I did get a really light weight bright orange T-shirt for $5. That is all I bought.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Cheryl....I am so sorry to hear the end is near.....a sad, sad time......for all! You are in my thoughts!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• scrappin 2 Said:
Today at J.C. Penney's they had some cute things. A lot of things had too low of a neckline for me and who want to wear a cami and have a hot flash???...couldn't whip that off very easily LOL. I did get a really light weight bright orange T-shirt for $5. That is all I bought.

Cathe I did not know you were still having hot flashes....or I forgot! Sorry to hear that.....my friend Susan still has them and we are the same age....they have tried everything, but to no avail. Must be terribly uncomfortable.....! And NO...I don't want to see you rip off your cammy in the food court in the Mall.........!!!!!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Just a quick pop in to let you know that my mom called at 4 a.m. and my grandmother was not doing well. I am at their house and will be here until the end probably. I put her on 3 liters of oxygen and we started giving her morphine every 2 hours. I may or may not be around the next few days. I will check in when I can.

praying for you and your family at this sad time. Also praying that she just goes to sleep.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • scrappin 2 Said:

Cathe I did not know you were still having hot flashes....or I forgot! Sorry to hear that.....my friend Susan still has them and we are the same age....they have tried everything, but to no avail. Must be terribly uncomfortable.....! And NO...I don't want to see you rip off your cammy in the food court in the Mall.........!!!!!

my hot flashes had quit as I had gone through early menopause...before the cancer. Then I had night sweats really bad which was a sign of my type of cancer. Now I am having terrible hot flashes again...and occasional night sweats as well! good grief...will it ever be over!! I sure do feel for you, Cathe!! Roy can't believe I only wear a t-shirt around here all the time, but if I wore a sweatshirt I'd be ripping it off!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

Betsey.... I saw this on FB this morning and thought of you!

Daylight Saving Time is like cutting a blanket off at one end, sewing that piece to the other end to make the blanket longer.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-09-13 05:27 PM
In response to oakhills

Beautiful, beautiful words Ann. Thank you for sharing the hidden journaling!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-09-13 05:31 PM

• jojo noons Said:
  • memex9 Said:
I was just thinking.....if I lived where Jojo lives, or Jo, or even Tish......I would be pretty sure to own a gun of some sort.....I mean you have "critters".......like bears, etc.......I would want to be able to protect my children, myself, and my pets.......! We have stuff here too, but I don't live in an area where we get any wild hogs, big cats, gators, etc.......Our biggest threat are the raccoons, and an occasional big snake.......although we havn't had any snake sightings for a while. You do have to be careful digging through brush piles etc....just like everywhere else I guess. Tish, don't you have wolves and coyotes??????

Betsey, Yep...we do have protection of many forms...Big and little...you need to. I feel the need to I guess is the proper way... My only fear up here is coming face to face with a bear, more Hannah being with the dog and run into one. No I wouldn't send her outside packing...but I also don't take a hike with her, bill or by myself without protection. Depends on where we are going...but we have had bears, moose, coyotes, fisher cats, tree martins, bobcats, and also there are a couple mountain lions seen around in the near vacinity. The old men will tell you there is wolves in NH and in Maine...but both states (Fish and Game) refuse to "recognize them".It's been like that for years up here...

Oh, Jojo, I agree there are wolves and mountain lions in Maine. People have reported sightings but like you said Fish and Game refuse to recognize them.

I remember that you were once a "cop" while in MA. I remember you writing about it. I feel very protected in the thread knowing you are here!

I am a bit delirious tonight. I have had this off again on again headache. I finally took some tylenol pm since it is almost my bedtime.

I loved the layout you submitted for the challenge. This is the first time I have know you do do digi!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-09-13 05:33 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl thinking of you and your Grammie. I am glad you are able to help your mom during this difficult time.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-09-13 05:34 PM

Strangely I never had hot flashes during the day. I did go through a period of night sweats and still have the night sweats from time to time.

Hmmmm what a sight both you and Josie ripping off your shirts! Oh dear! Scrapping moments for sure!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-09-13 05:39 PM
In response to bears99

Allen would love you Josie! He can not understand why I get chilly when he has the thermostat turned down to 68 - 69 during the day and 60 at night! Brrrrrr...no shirts off for me!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-09-13 05:41 PM

• scrappin 2 Said:

Be brave Cathe and let it all hang out!

Seriously when in Macy's yesterday there were some great buys on the sale racks, but I just could not figure out how the tops were to be worn. I just can't get used to the big arms and low low necks....I do have to wear cami's under stuff like that....

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics