Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-09-13 05:43 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:

You must stop beating up on your poor computer, Betsey!

Is Di at another glass show?

Where is Char today? Teia???????

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Tishd

Hot flashes! I was over the menopause ones then I had to begin taking hormone abalation meds for the breast cancer. They were really bad at first but have tapered off now. My thermostat is definitely registering higher as I am like Jo and wear tee shirts while my sweats lie folded in the drawer!

We are having sightings of panthers in our area and the Wildlife and Fisheries dept. refusing to acknowledge that they are here. There are times in the spring when we can hear their mating screams along the creek on the back of our property. The hunters have spotted them from their deer stands along that creek.

I have my challenge layout almost finished but had to stop to fix dinner. One of Lara's favorite dishes is sour cream chicken enchiladas so we had those, refried beans, chips, salsa, and guacamole.

Got my clocks all set ahead to get up in time for church tomorrow...our service is at 9 AM. I'll say goodnight and head for the bed now.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to oakhills

Checking in this morning. I have been up and down all night giving my grandmother her morhpine. I don't think she will last through the day. Respirations are down to 8. Thanks for your prayers!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-10-13 04:57 AM
In response to oakhills

Good morning! Let me be the first to offer coffee, tea and beverages! Now, i like day light savings time, but I do not like losing the hour! I am having a hard time waking up. I was up once, had coffee and crawled back into bed.

I have been laying here trying to decide what I am going to do today! First on the agenda is the challenge,i have to go to the front page to see what letters fave been used already!

Allen has been changing batteries in the smoke detectors.he always checks them when we change the time!

I bet Ann and Cathe are getting ready for church, and Josie and Di will be soon!

Wake up sleepy heads!

Oh, yesterday, Betsey asked a great question and i didn't see any answers , so i will ask again? How do you all feel about giving babies and children shots today? Have your grandchildren had their DPT shots and the other normal immunizations?

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
Betsey.... I saw this on FB this morning and thought of you!

Daylight Saving Time is like cutting a blanket off at one end, sewing that piece to the other end to make the blanket longer.

OMG is this ever the truth......I love it.......glad to know I am not alone in my thoughts about daylight savings time....LOL I understood why they did it during the war years. It allowed all the factory shifts more daylight hours at the ends of their shifts and saved electricity.....also.....which was the big thing. And during those years, I agree it was a good thing...but like many things, in my opinion it has far outlived its usefulness. But again, that's my opinion only. It seems to me we still have the same number of hours in daylight, they are just at the end of the blanket instead of the top. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Good morning Tish, and everyone else who is still sleeping......other than Cheryl who is I am sure keeping vigil at Granmas' bedside....our thought are with you Cheryl. It's the first thing I thought of this morning.......my prayers are with you and your family.

coffee is ready......

Hope you all have a great day.......even though the sun is just coming up now here! 8:57 am. Sigh!!!!!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to memex9

bright and sunny here this morning....the snow cover makes it very bright!! Good morning!!!!

Cheryl...thinking of you each time I woke up in the night and this morning.

Betsey...I would not like the sun just coming up at 9 am either! yuck!!! I understand why you dislike it so very much. That would be AWFUL! I wish they would just quit messing with it...just leave it alone!

Tish...I've had my oatmeal and am just drinking some of Roy's coffee made into my own recipe of iced coffee! I use about 3/4 of a cup of coffee, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 2 tsp sugar or sugar substitute, 1 TB of sugar free caramel ice cream topping all blended up with some ice cubes. It is yummy!!!

I think Roy and the two oldest grands are going to church this morning but I am going to keep my cough at home! Shane has opted to stay home with me.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bears99

Here is a photo I found recently of four of my grandchildren on Christmas Eve in 2001 at my little blue house, where they loved to visit and did frequently........it was across the street from their house.

The Night Before Christmas By Memex9

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

This is a photo of Matthew in a helicopter somewhere in Iraq, that I had never seen before. I found it on FB just the other day and felt compelled to scrap it......even though it brought a tear to my eye.....He was so proud to be serving his country......and I know that even today, wishes he were still in the Army.

Freedom By Memex9

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
bright and sunny here this morning....the snow cover makes it very bright!! Good morning!!!!

Cheryl...thinking of you each time I woke up in the night and this morning.

Betsey...I would not like the sun just coming up at 9 am either! yuck!!! I understand why you dislike it so very much. That would be AWFUL! I wish they would just quit messing with it...just leave it alone!

Tish...I've had my oatmeal and am just drinking some of Roy's coffee made into my own recipe of iced coffee! I use about 3/4 of a cup of coffee, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 2 tsp sugar or sugar substitute, 1 TB of sugar free caramel ice cream topping all blended up with some ice cubes. It is yummy!!!

I think Roy and the two oldest grands are going to church this morning but I am going to keep my cough at home! Shane has opted to stay home with me.

It starts getting light out at about a quarter of eight to eight....but the sun does not actually come up until almost 9......It was just coming through the bottom of the trees when i wrote that......and yes.......this is why I dislike it so! That is much too late for the sun to be coming up.....by summer it will be rising around 8 - 8:15....which quite frankly is still too late for me.......LOL I guess It is just one more thing I might as well just learn to live with, since nothing is going to change it. As a matter of fact, they are talking about keeping daylight time year around here in Florida. Another "bright" idea by our governor....who I migh add has a 28% approval rating at this point. Actually while I hate the late sunrise, etc........daylight time year around would actually be easier to live with.......I just get used to one thing, and then it changes. My body clock was finally switched back to regular est, and now we are on daylight again.....it will take me a couple of weeks to get used to it......but I will have to use my alarm clock from now on.....my body clock wakes me up at 6-6:30 which is now 7-7:30........and that is too late for me to get to school on time. he he heh!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:

You must stop beating up on your poor computer, Betsey!

Is Di at another glass show?

Where is Char today? Teia???????

Well this time the post never did come up....it is lost in cyber space forevermore!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Just watched the last of four episodes of a show called West End Salvage...on HGTV! anyone else seen that one.....I hope this lasts, I will love this one.....they are using old salvage pieces to re do a room in a home and also making pieces to sell in their store....boy would I love that job.....working in the store, in the shop, finding the salvage.....sigh...if only I were young. Boy was I ever ahead of the times. I started doing that with stuff from yard sales, thrift stores, and flea markets in the 90's. There was a gal in Buckhead, north of Atlanta who had a shop where she did that kind of stuff, and she bought a ton of stuff from me......her things were wonderful.......and she make very, very good money on her things.....kept the integrity if it was a serious old piece of furniture, whereas now, on this show, i see them cutting things up, ripping things apart...like tin ceiling panels for example....b ut........the ideas are unique and wonderful.....If you like that kind of repurposing....you will love this show. There were four episodes on this morning...I only saw the last one......did not have the TV on until now. LOL

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-10-13 07:27 AM
In response to memex9

Dropping off my layout for the challenge. I chose the letters K L M. Stands for Kids love muscles.

I will be back later to comment on the last posts!

KLM By Tishd

Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons
In response to Tishd

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Cheryl, many prayers and hugs being sent your way.

Betsey, I would love to see that show!! West End Salvage?? Is that the name?? Man, I can't seem to hold onto nothing I read lately... I love that kind of fun, picking salvaging, repurposing...I cringe though when I see something repurposed...changed completely when in my opinion would of been far better off left alone...but that is the beast of the animal I suppose...or my lack of imagination!

Tishy, there was something you asked me...and I need to go back and re-read....I can't think of what it was... I know I haven't answered yet, and did have something to say... OIY!!!

Slept in and managed "the other hour" because we didn't SPRING forward lastnight! Oh well, I'll loose it sometime today!!!

Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • jojo noons Said:
Good Morning!
bright and sunny here too Tishy!! LOVE IT!! Haven't seen the sun in soo very long!! makes me want to goout and take pics....we will see, still have the stiff neck. Have been taking hot showers and warm compresses on it. It is getting up in the morning where it is the worst, because I'm sure my pillow needs replacing!!! Hopefully as the day goes on...it will ease up. For some reason this is the time of year when my neck acts up...have had many of these before and usually takes 3 to 4 days to work out...

Well back to the nice weather...definately going to take a walk over by the river to see the ice formations...always beautiful!! It is sooo bright out! Not use to this LOL! feel like I've become part mole!

Plenty to do... both need to do and want to do... I'll check back later...

Jojo did you get out to take pictures today? I should be outside walking around and letting some of the vitamin D fall on my face! I have been doing laundry and changed the bed. Allen is taking a nap. HEY, isn't napping my "thing"????? not his?

There it is....Yes, Tishy, I did, I took Wild Bill's side-by-side up into the campground and took pictures of all the buildings and campsites fearing this is the last of the SNOW, therefore any snowy scened pics... Nothing thrilling, more just "to have"...documents...I do plan on venturing out across the street...to get pics of the ice and snow covered river...have some clouds floating about...hope they "blow over"...

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Jojo Noons

and I was going to comment on the immunizations question that Betsey asked a while ago...

I do know of one family that have opted out of getting their kids immunizations. They also home school. But I do know that if we have public school kids that opt out of immunizations we have the right to make them stay home if we have an outbreak of some infectious disease at school...for example if we would happen to have kids come down with measles or whooping cough or something...we can require the kids without immunizations to stay home...for their own safety. Of course, we are still responsible for their education so we have to provide lessons and such for them. Lots of times that makes way more work for the teacher!! I had my kids immunized and so are my grandkids. After my stem cell transplant I had to have all of mine over again. In a year they will test my blood to see if I have the proper resistance to the diseases. I hopefully have immunity to chicken pox...and therefore, shingles!! While I am on chemo I also have to take an antiviral pill twice a day.

I did get rid of my headache but have caught a cold again...which went directly to my chest. I am coughing terribly today and don't have much of a voice....but am not feeling as poorly as I did a day or so ago!

right now Roy and the two big kids are gone to church, Shane and Greyden are outside in the snow, and Griffyn is just waking up for me to deal with as his mommy is out tagging calves and moving them out of the barn. Nathan went to the north place to check on cows up there. Everyone busy....Sunday's during calving season don't allow for a day off!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 03-10-13 10:15 AM
In response to bears99

Good Morning Grams!

Yesterday was a long day witht he memorial service. I had to pick up my sister kathy and the coffee urn. We were at the chapel before the family. I forgot the coffee so ran to the corner store for a can. Well got a tiny can of Folger's and it was $9.09! What highway robbery.

We got our stuff all set up in the reception room and did the waiting game for the family. It was to start at 10 am and my bff got there at 9:40! The dd of the deceased was still not there. They make me crazy with their lateness.

The service was wonderful. Our old favorite priest did the service. All of her brothers spoke and mary Jo too. Her dd cried through her part and her granddaughter who is 8 did a reading and talked about her grandma annie. She did such a great job.

Kathy and I stayed back when everyone went to the gravesite and put all the food out. Several paople stayed too and just helped themselves to food. 2 of the deceased neices filled plates and left! OMG what a lack of manners.

We cleaned up and finally got home around 3:30. A long and emotional day.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 03-10-13 10:16 AM
In response to charK

TISH I had my kids get all of their shots and the grands have too.

I have the old shot scar on my arm. Was it polio that caused that big scar??

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 03-10-13 10:18 AM
In response to charK

CHERYL you are such a caring granddaughter and daughter to help your family through this time of your grandmother's passing. Bless you.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 03-10-13 10:19 AM
In response to charK

Yesterdays weather was gorgeous! Today we are back to cloudy and 43.....boo.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics