Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 04-05-13 04:56 PM
In response to scrappin 2

DIANA I do think we should extend the latest challenge.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2

Teia- hope everything works out for you and the kids.

Di-sorry you are under the weather.

Petunias---they can last all summer into the fall up here. They survive the hot Southern exposure..with water of course.

I too, like Katie Couric's (sp) show. I don't watch it very often though. So sad about Valarie Harper's cancer.

May 4th -National Scrapbook Day. I've really had fun participating in the challenges on that day. I think last year Sue won something. However Casey's baby shower is May 4th. I will have the morning. Some of the challenges are all day or even all week long.

Cousin reunion was so nice. There were 12 of us. (Two of the 12 are married to our male cousins) Four have lost their husbands. 8 weren't there. Two are deceased. The men--I will have to count up another time. Cousin Larry did stop in.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
When does the challenge end????? I guess I will have to go to page l to look. I think I will pass on this one.....I have started three different pages and just don't get them to look anything but c r a P P y..........I guess I don't understand this sketch thing....if you don't follow the sketch, then what's the point????? If you can just do anything ......at all and say it's your "take" on the sketch.....I don't get it! I have really tried...............I think I just take things too literally....... Sketches have never been a thing I liked much, or did hardly ever. I have given it a shot, and find they still are my least favorite way to scrap.....I guess I am just not capable of following one with my own spin on it! As I said....then what's the point?????? SIGH!!!!! We can't all like the same stuff...so that's ok with me....but this one truly has me stumped.....! If I ever finish any of these you will see what I mean! LOL

Betsey I can suggest how to do it ---if you want me to.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Char, is it Valarie Harper who has inoperable brain cancer, and only has a few months to live? I may watch Mondays Katie show. I actually like Katie on her own show. She was not cut out to be a news anchor!

I don't like her on anything......she is too whiny......I think! I am just not fond of her, and never was. I have never watched her show. Isn't it on in the daytime???? what am I thinking of.....????

Anyway....I have seen Valerie Harper on something just recently.....one of the news shows I think....she looks horrible, and doesn't even much sound like herself, I actually had trouble watching her....it was so very, very sad. I think I will just remember them all as they were. None of them are aging well.......except possibly Betty White....but she is really old......even older than me!!!! Does anyone but me remember when she was Married to Alan Ludden???? He was a game show host........it was a long long time ago. He died which is why she is single.....never remarried after Allen. Anyway......have not been able to get on here for hours....don't know what the problem was......!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Petunias and all that are in that basket are in the sun more than half the day, and that is too much for them. Our sun is sooo hot......that all of the flowers that say "full sun" don't mean Florida sun.......they need partial shade here. I don't have much partial shade........therefore, the baskets just don't last long....and I have to water them daily......! Gardening down here is just not fun....I guess if I like the florida stuff like all of the cactii, and cactus like plants I would do better, but they are just soooo ugly to me...I want a northern garden in Florida!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:

I have never done any of that. I could never figure out how to enter anything......and by the time I found something, it was over. LOL I have to say I did not try very hard.....but its just too much techie stuff for me. LOL Maybe I will try again this year.....! Do they give you any clues ahead of time as to how to operate this thing???? There are so many challenges and things going on...does anyone have any tips as to how to navigate this Day??????? Just curious!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Tish - Valerie had her own show and it was called "Rhoda". I used to watch it also. I LOVED her.

Betsey - Betty White is either 90 or 91. I think it is fabulous that she is still able to work!!

Teia - Prayers and hugs

Ann - Glad to hear from you and that you dish matched perfectly.

Char - I think I need to be a wet noodle soon. I think I will check into massages around here and see what available.

Di - Sorry you have been so under the weather. I am good with extending the deadline on the challenge too. I do plan on working on it tomorrow but haven't decided if I am going to do it digi or paper or maybe BOTH!! That is probably stretching it.

Josie - I am still waiting to photos of your wedding renewal.

I had a wonderful day at work even though I was charging and state was on our unit. We were busy but not too busy. I think I may go watch a show or two I have recorded.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• scrappin 2 Said:
  • memex9 Said:
When does the challenge end????? I guess I will have to go to page l to look. I think I will pass on this one.....I have started three different pages and just don't get them to look anything but c r a P P y..........I guess I don't understand this sketch thing....if you don't follow the sketch, then what's the point????? If you can just do anything ......at all and say it's your "take" on the sketch.....I don't get it! I have really tried...............I think I just take things too literally....... Sketches have never been a thing I liked much, or did hardly ever. I have given it a shot, and find they still are my least favorite way to scrap.....I guess I am just not capable of following one with my own spin on it! As I said....then what's the point?????? SIGH!!!!! We can't all like the same stuff...so that's ok with me....but this one truly has me stumped.....! If I ever finish any of these you will see what I mean! LOL

Betsey I can suggest how to do it ---if you want me to.

Suggest away..................I mean I see the sketch, but I am not sure how you get all of that on a page......and I am not a fan of four or five photos on a page as you know. Soooooooo if all those squares are photos, it's too much for me. I don't even much like three on a page......but that's just me! and then all the leaves, stems etc........just not my thing!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-05-13 05:36 PM
In response to memex9

I do remember when Betty White was married to Allen Ludden. By the way, my daughter Jill has always said I remind her of Betty White??????????! I think because one of the shows she was on, she was dingy! Maybe the Golden Girls!

Katie Couric is not at all whiny on the afternoon show from 4-5. I do watch it once in awhile because of some of the guests. I didn't like her on the Today show with Matt Lauer, but this show during the day is a good fit for her!

Yes, if no one minds, lets extend the challenge for one more week. I think with Easter, travel's, sickness, etc., we are all behind.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-05-13 05:38 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Hi Cheryl..just stopping in before I toddle off to bed and read a bit. Do you mean you were charge nurse today? Does that mean you get to boss everyone else around!?????
Yeah!

Well maybe it means more work for you, keeping the rest on their toes.

I do remember Rhoda!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-05-13 05:39 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:

I have never done any of that. I could never figure out how to enter anything......and by the time I found something, it was over. LOL I have to say I did not try very hard.....but its just too much techie stuff for me. LOL Maybe I will try again this year.....! Do they give you any clues ahead of time as to how to operate this thing???? There are so many challenges and things going on...does anyone have any tips as to how to navigate this Day??????? Just curious!

I have not a tip in the work Betsey! I kind of wonder myself. At least you have a month to read up on this. I don't believe they would accept digi...Maybe they do.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-05-13 05:43 PM

Cathe, I am glad you liked the dish cloths...just something I enjoy doing...I am not sure what colors you like but they aren't for display. They are for scrub, grub, etc!

Your cousin reunion sounded like fun. I have to get together with Judy, Punkey, Barbara, Phylliss and Gerry soon. We try to get together once a year! They were my classmates and best friends in high school. Vi didn't go to my school and she is 4 years younger....Of course we could invite her!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
I do remember when Betty White was married to Allen Ludden. By the way, my daughter Jill has always said I remind her of Betty White??????????! I think because one of the shows she was on, she was dingy! Maybe the Golden Girls!

Katie Couric is not at all whiny on the afternoon show from 4-5. I do watch it once in awhile because of some of the guests. I didn't like her on the Today show with Matt Lauer, but this show during the day is a good fit for her!

Yes, if no one minds, lets extend the challenge for one more week. I think with Easter, travel's, sickness, etc., we are all behind.

I think the Katie thing is the tone of her voice....And I don't know...I just never could stand her.......for long. But then, I never really have watched the today show much at all.....I loved Good Morning America......it was the one I watched.......back when David Hartman and Joan Lunden were the hosts and then my favorite Charlie Gibson and Joan Lunden......It was my very favorite for years and years.....! Then when I actually had to leave the house before that even started, I only saw it on days off.......LOL

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-05-13 05:46 PM
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • charK Said:
I have puttered around today.

I folded tons of laundry. Did dishes and cleaned some more stuff off of the kitchen counter.

Nothing big. Watched a few shows I had dvr'd.

I've been in bed all day; reading and watching tv. I'm just so overwhelmingly tired... to the bone today. Cough is better though so that is good.

Di, I am sorry you are still feeling miserable. Is it the cold bug? Max was sick with tummy flu, and I think he was probably home sick today and I wonder if Tim had to take off work to watch him because I e-mailed him at work and didn't hear back.

I would have watched him so Tim didn't have to use a vacation day. He is good though about not bringing the children here when they are sick. I guess he still worries about my immune system. I assume it is A-OKAY now. I go back to the oncologist in a couple of weeks.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:

I have not a tip in the work Betsey! I kind of wonder myself. At least you have a month to read up on this. I don't believe they would accept digi...Maybe they do.

Yes they do......on almost 90% of the challenges in our Forums they accept digi........I think a "little white birdie" filled your head with those ideas that digi was the step child!!!!!!!
They have an entire section devoted to digi and also sell stuff in the store.......more than half of the scraplifts I find that I want to copy are digi.....remember all those I showed you?????? Soooooooooo digi is not the "red-headed step child" you think it is......at least I don't see it! Maybe I am wrong!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-05-13 05:49 PM
In response to memex9

I think Good Morning America (is that ABC) still leads the ratings in the morning shows. I tend to watch the Today show....not sure why.

Allen has had all kinds of things on this evening. He switches from one thing to another. I am weary.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-05-13 05:52 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:

Yes they do......on almost 90% of the challenges in our Forums they accept digi........I think a "little white birdie" filled your head with those ideas that digi was the step child!!!!!!!
They have an entire section devoted to digi and also sell stuff in the store.......more than half of the scraplifts I find that I want to copy are digi.....remember all those I showed you?????? Soooooooooo digi is not the "red-headed step child" you think it is......at least I don't see it! Maybe I am wrong!!!!

No, actually you are probably right Betsey! It is just when I upload a page to digi, I can look hours later and it is still on the same page, whereas, the paper scrappers just seem to go in the gallery so quickly. You could up load one and five minutes later another dozen have uploaded. I guess "little white bird"(s) have made me feel they aren't that important.....Yes you have given me links to some great ones, and I wish I could get my addled brain functioning again to lift them!!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-05-13 05:55 PM
In response to Tishd

I REALLY NEED MY BEAUTY SLEEP, GOOD Night all you lovely gal's!

Mary Ellen, John Boy.......this reminds me of the Walton's...told you I was tired........

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-05-13 05:57 PM
In response to memex9

I wish I could think of the name of the flower that I buy every year (in the hanging baskets). They are like a tiny petunia and actually clean themselves......They do so well out back where there is partial sun and partial shade....hummingbirds love them.

Can you grow geraniums? They seem to do well in the full sun here!

I rather like catus!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 04-05-13 06:10 PM
In response to Tishd

I watch Good Morning America. They have good rapport between all of the hosts and are a fun group. Since Meredith Viera left Today I have not enjoyed the show.

I have always liked Katie Couric.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics