Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 04-05-13 06:11 PM
In response to charK

Are they fuschias??

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

Tish is probably talking about Calibrochoas (genus name)... also called Superbells. They don't have to be deadheaded. Blossoms are smaller than petunias but flower so wonderfully. I love them.

http://www.tried-and-true.com/new/annuals/calibrach oa/

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:

Di - Sorry you have been so under the weather. I am good with extending the deadline on the challenge too.

Ok, let's extended it one week.

What I have is a bad head cold with severe fatique. That is the way dori was all week... "I so tired Grammie." that was her mantra Wednesday and yesterday. I got a lot of cuddling in with her.

I hear she's so much better today which is great.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

When do the girls get home Char? They'll be so glad to see you and Peter.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 04-05-13 09:03 PM
In response to Sunnydi

They come home tomorrow evening!! We pick them up at the airport around 6. The dogs are going to be happy to see them for sure. Poor Charly is so lonesome for Caitlin..her sleeping buddy.

Peter leaves Sunday night for a week. He is going to Atlanta and Raleigh, NC. He will not be home until friday.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 04-05-13 09:04 PM
In response to charK

DIANA get better!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-06-13 02:47 AM
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Tish is probably talking about Calibrochoas (genus name)... also called Superbells. They don't have to be deadheaded. Blossoms are smaller than petunias but flower so wonderfully. I love them.

http://www.tried-and-true.com/new/annuals/calibrach oa/

Yes! This is what they are! We love them. They are beautiful, and easy. Do have to keep them watered!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Tishd

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
I wish I could think of the name of the flower that I buy every year (in the hanging baskets). They are like a tiny petunia and actually clean themselves......They do so well out back where there is partial sun and partial shade....hummingbirds love them.

Can you grow geraniums? They seem to do well in the full sun here!

I rather like catus!

Full sun in Maine is not anything like full sun in Florida.......Geraniums grow in the partial shade here, but not in the ground. Must be in pots. They last about a month in the ground. It really is just too much sun. In fact...I have given up planting annuals in the ground. They don't do well at all, Even with watering evrey day, they last about 4-5 weeks is all. I have put allkinds of soil in mybeds......garden soil, potting soil, and by now my beds should be good, but still annuals just don't grow well, like marigolds, zinniaz, which are pretty hardy...no luck at all.....even those tick seed things that grow wild in the north...won't grow in my gardens.
So Tish if you like cactus, you would love living here.....I just think they are all so ugly as bedding plants etc. Not only that, but they are very difficult to weed around......I have aloe plants and the thorns are hideous, when I have to clean them out, thin them etc.....I look like I have been in a knife fight.....!

My back yard is such a mess right now.....it makes me sick to look out there, and now that the trees are all gone on that side of my yard, it is really a mess.

well enough about gardening.....and those small petunia like flowers that you are talking about in the hanging baskets, still have to be dead-headed here.....or the entire basket looks dead. LOL

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-06-13 04:39 AM
In response to memex9

Good morning Betsey and anyone else up and about! I need to get ready to go grocery sgopping this morning! Why did I decide to have a big gathering here tomorrow? Sigh.......i get tired thinking about the day! It will be fun and the family will help.....iwish my house were designed better, in regards to the rooms. Big house with choppy room! LOL

Right now the following will be here - Larry, Julie, Josh, Mysti, Destyni, Carson, John sr. And John Jr., Chip, Jill, Sam, Gus, Joel, Lisa, Griffin, Logan, Erica, Tim, Jackson, Abbi, Max, and Allen and I. Possibly gran dogs.

Betsey, I would only want the small catus in the house.....too prickly for me. I say I like them because they do not rewuire lots of TLC!!!!!

Yes, I bet your full sun is much hotter than ours! We can get some very hot days here.

Wedo have another week for the challenge!!!!! Yeah! You must get yours done, so I can lift!!!!!!

Facebook reminded me you have a birthday Monday!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I have actually quit trying to grow flowers in the ground. I have big pots and they do better in there.....but perennials usually only last a season or maybe two......before I have to dig them out and either throw them away or replant in the ground and then they die.......most of the time. I have some Iris "type" things that have been in the ground for years that I divide every few years, and while the leaves are exactly like Iris, the flowers are like little bells of peach color.......and now nearly as pretty as real Iris. However, they grow, don't die, don't require a great deal of care, so I keep them. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Good morning Betsey and anyone else up and about! I need to get ready to go grocery sgopping this morning! Why did I decide to have a big gathering here tomorrow? Sigh.......i get tired thinking about the day! It will be fun and the family will help.....iwish my house were designed better, in regards to the rooms. Big house with choppy room! LOL

Right now the following will be here - Larry, Julie, Josh, Mysti, Destyni, Carson, John sr. And John Jr., Chip, Jill, Sam, Gus, Joel, Lisa, Griffin, Logan, Erica, Tim, Jackson, Abbi, Max, and Allen and I. Possibly gran dogs.

Betsey, I would only want the small catus in the house.....too prickly for me. I say I like them because they do not rewuire lots of TLC!!!!!

Yes, I bet your full sun is much hotter than ours! We can get some very hot days here.

Wedo have another week for the challenge!!!!! Yeah! You must get yours done, so I can lift!!!!!!

Facebook reminded me you have a birthday Monday!

It's not the temp Tish.........its the fact that we are much closer to the sun. When I say the sun is HOT here, it is literally that....You can get a serious sunburn here in January, in fact any month of the years....but the summers are brutal.....A roof that lasts 20-25 years in Tennessee, only lasts 15 years here. My warranty on my roof is only for five years. Whereas in the north it is far longer. It's why a lot of people have spent big money to have those tile roofs.......however, they have other issues, and I only like them on some kinds of houses......I guess spanish style homes they look good....but they are very very expensive.

So.........you are having lots of family for food.....tomorrow?????? And you are just going to the store today??????? Whew!!!!!! I don't think I would be able to pull that off. After a large shopping trip to the grocery, I have to rest....at least a day!

Seriously....you have Allen to help you and that is good....you will be fine. Do what you can and let the rest go....after all......you are not 45 anymore. Surely they don't expect you to do everything right????? Aren't they all bringing something????? Let them do the work...you should just enjoy the day. Clean the bathroom and let the rest be as it is! LOL Now you know my theory.!!!!!! The bathroom and kitchen.......they need to be spic and span...as for the rest????? Let it be as it is!

I am going to attempt to do my taxes again...I wish I did not wait so long.........I have some different things now that are making me nervous. Not enough money taken out......I think I will owe taxes....again! Sigh! I can't believe that at my income level of less than $25k a year, I will owe taxes....but I do! What a mess.......how does this happen????? My income is less than they consider poverty level.......so how can I owe taxes??????

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Good morning.

Carole is going to vote today at 9:00 and then call me. so I can't stay. I don't know where we will go. Nothing is opened at 9:00..lol I guess Target is.
Maybe my new glasses are ready.

Everyone have a nice day. bbl

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-06-13 05:24 AM
In response to memex9

This is the first year in ages and ages that we actually got both a state refund and federal refund. Evidentally they with held enough! Allen cashed both checks (of course I had to sign) gave me $100.00 cash and probably will use the rest for his buying and selling! It's fine really! There are a few things I would love ... a new vaccum cleaner, and a new weed wacker.

Oh dear, I am a huge procrastinator (sp) always put things off. I agree with you, spic and span kitchen and bathroom. Who cares about the bedrooms, living room. There will be wall to wall people in there anyway.

You mean I am not 45 now????? No wonder I don't feel real chipper and energetic!!! I feel about 73 today! He, he, he....

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-06-13 05:25 AM
In response to Tishd

I noticed the tile roofs in Las Vegas area too! I think they are nice, but as you said...go on a certain style home!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-06-13 05:35 AM
In response to scrappin 2

• scrappin 2 Said:
Good morning.

Carole is going to vote today at 9:00 and then call me. so I can't stay. I don't know where we will go. Nothing is opened at 9:00..lol I guess Target is.
Maybe my new glasses are ready.

Everyone have a nice day. bbl

Have a fun day with Carole, Cathe! I wish I had stores like Target, Kohls etc. closer to Thorndike. I have to drive an hour one way to get to any of the bigger stores. We do have a JC Penney in Waterville but it isn't as nice anymore!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-06-13 05:36 AM
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Good morning!!

Tish - Yes I was in charge of everyone yesterday. What it basically means is that I only have one patient to take care of, I sign off the orders written by the doctors, I make sure everyone is doing ok throughout the day and no one is overwhelmed or needing help, and I take care of any problems that arise.

Betsey - I know what you mean about the sun being hot there!! It was only in the upper 50s and low 60s when we there, but we all still got sunburns.

Cathe - Have fun today!!

Priscilla and I are going to see if we can find some new black work pants for her. The ones she has now are started to look bad.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Carole hasn't called yet. Maybe there is a line to vote. I'll wait until Tues.

Betsey those tiny flowers that look like Petunias---you can fluff the bunch up with your hands and the the dead ones fall off. I love them and usually get one to hang on the front porch.

Also Betsey -the challenge. You can cut a circle instead of the scalloped circl in the upper right. Use a plate as a pattern if you don't want to cut it on the Cricut...or don't you have a Lucky 8 punch? You can use that. You can put one 4x6 picture vertically where the largest "photo" is. Where the squares are you can use a square piece of cardstock and write on it or put a brad or flower on it. They don't have to be pictures.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to scrappin 2

Yepppppp.....well I got that much done....the circ le is not an issue, but the rest of it is.....especially that square on the side with all the scrollie vines etc.......! I thank you for all of your suggestions......and I have done most of what you suggested on one page or another.......so I have done three pages now, and all are awful...........! I don't know how to make plain paper look good I guess.....I tried it with patterns, plain, and a mix and they all just are terrible.....! Even for me! I usually at least like parts of my pages, these are awful! Sooooooooo I quit...I am wasting photos and paper.........! I will wait for something else to do I think!

thanks for the tips!!!!

Edited by memex9 on 04-06-13 06:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics