Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to scrappin 2

• scrappin 2 Said:
Carole hasn't called yet. Maybe there is a line to vote. I'll wait until Tues.

Betsey those tiny flowers that look like Petunias---you can fluff the bunch up with your hands and the the dead ones fall off. I love them and usually get one to hang on the front porch.

Also Betsey -the challenge. You can cut a circle instead of the scalloped circl in the upper right. Use a plate as a pattern if you don't want to cut it on the Cricut...or don't you have a Lucky 8 punch? You can use that. You can put one 4x6 picture vertically where the largest "photo" is. Where the squares are you can use a square piece of cardstock and write on it or put a brad or flower on it. They don't have to be pictures.

Cathe.,.......thanks for the tip on the flowers, however, they are mixed with other flowers, so I will just continue deadheading since I have to do the verbenas anyway.......I hope this basket will last until 4th of July....but that is a lot to ask.....It will be done by the 4th of June probably. One of the things I hate about Home Depot and Lowes is that all these things come from up north someplace.....and probably a lot of them are not meant for outside.....maybe a covered porch or lanai or pool area, most of which are screened down here........where the sun does not wreck them........but not for real outside like mine are. LOL

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to scrappin 2

just checking in from our retreat! Kari and I both caught BAD colds the day we came so are feeling pretty miserable...but after spending the money to come we aren't going to quit! lol

I have been sorting and categorizing pictures for my family heritage book. I want to get it going and possible done this year while my parents are around to fill in some stories for me! You are all going to think I am crazy but I make each page three times...an album for each of my children! I am thinking that my mom is going to want one as well so I am going to end up having color copies made for her I think. I already have the paper and photos ready to go for 3...but not for 4! There is no way I would be able to make her one because I have been collecting paper and photos for quite a while for this book!

Di...this cold is making me more tired than normal. I am afraid my pneumonia is coming back...so am taking naps throughout the day to try to stay rested! it isn't working!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Well my taxes are done.......filed and printed and put away in the file in case I need them. My refund will cover my property taxes and part of my insurance......so this is good. My home owners insurance, which has no flood, no sink hole coverage is $1100 a year.........and my property taxes are down to $800 due to the drop in value of the homes..........sooooo they are both due in May, which is a mess....LOL So, I have that covered......and that is a relief. Well actually not all of it is covered, but I will add the 400 that I can come up with.....I hate it that all this is due at this time of year, and then school is out so I am basically poverty stricken until school starts in August. LOL

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Betsey - I am doing taxes today also. We always want because we usually end up owing.

Josie - Sorry you are sick!! I hope it is not pneumonia again. Prayers for you.

April 15th is the new deadline for the current challenge. I have the date changed on the first page as well.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

Here is one of the LO's that is supposed to be the sketch.......this is the best of three, all of which are not very good, but I did not want to trash the photos and papers, so I finished them...and here is one. NOT an entry I might add! Just had to get them off my table....it was depressing me...LOL

Sweet Little One By Memex9

The big annual Chasco Fiesta starts today with the Big parade......up until last year I had never missed one since 1979. I remember the year that Kenny took Matthew, in the stroller to the parade and it was cold, he had on long pants, hoodie sweats and everything......came home with a big sunburn on his face.....we like to say that's when his freckles began....we always told him to blame Papa for the freckles! Mandy was just about three months old, too little to take to the parade....but Karen came home from work and then we all walked downtown to seee the sights......and eat. Well not the babies, but the three of us did and we had to buy two balloons I remember Matt had to have one for his little "sissy"! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh memories!

Anyway the annual cookout and such is at Karens' and even though no one is very enthusiastic, they are all going through the motions....at least. I am staying home.....too much for me to get there before they close the streets, and then I am trapped there for hours even if I want to leave. LOL I am doing laundry.......trying to make myself go outside, and not getting very far. There is so much to do, I am overwhelmed. Too much for me......!

there is no one left on the street except for me and the neighbors who are not speaking to anyone anymore....LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Betsey - I am doing taxes today also. We always want because we usually end up owing.

Josie - Sorry you are sick!! I hope it is not pneumonia again. Prayers for you.

April 15th is the new deadline for the current challenge. I have the date changed on the first page as well.

How in the world can you owe taxes....with a child still at home. One of you needs to increase your withholding......!!!!! A different thing happened to me this year......I am wondering if its my age.........I had to put my 1099 R income in, my social security, and this time I am not paying taxes on that income at all. They adjusted my income that is taxable by deleting that amount. I have always had to pay taxes on that before now. When did this happen???? And why????? Or is it that I fall into the poverty level....LOL

Although, withholding was over $1300 and I am only getting a refund of $900.........so obviously I owed taxes. Very strange. How can anyone owe taxes on my paultry income. Something is just not right! I should not have to pay anything........if the Oil companies don't pay, how come I have to????? seriously! there is something very wrong with our system when people who make at poverty level or less, are paying income taxes. The government is the one who sets the poverty level guidelines, so how come the working poor pay taxes????? I just don't get it! At least I am not paying on my social security any more......I have paid taxes on that for 12 years.....I thought that money was already taxed when I made it!!!!! Sigh!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to memex9

Betsey, last year we took out money from savings to pay off our house. It counted as income pushing our tax rate to 28%. The President and Mitt Romney both had lower tax rates. How fair is that? Believe me, our total income in no way was near theirs yet with all their "loopholes" they paid at a lower rate than us who would be classed lower middle class by our income! I am a proponent of a flat tax but because the rich make the laws it will never happen.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

Jo, sure hope you are not having a relapse of pneumonia. Your scraping retreat would be so much fun. I probably would not get anything done for watching everyone else!

Di, wishing a good day for you with lots of energy and time in the yard!

Teia,

Tish, what a crowd you are having! I would have trouble fitting them in my house. We would probably move a gathering like that to Audie's garage.

Char, enjoy the quietness today! Those girls will be talking up a storm telling you all about their trip.

Cheryl, when we have to pay extra taxes (like last year) we wait until near the 15th to file even if we get the return ready earlier.

Cathe, have a fun day with Carole! Love that you got some great buys at Archiever's. I know you hate to see the store close.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to oakhills

Here is my entry for the challenge:

2 today By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Don't forget this is a twist to this week's challenge. A POEM about the person/persons in the photos

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

I like our twist this time... I think I'll write my own poem.

Betsey; glad your refund will pay your taxes. My cousin who lives in Mexico (just south of Guadalajara) wears a hat almost all the time as the sun is very hot there. I understand what you speak of about that. When I visited him it was not 'summer' and we were not out in the sun but a few minutes at a time so I had no problem.

Cheryl; love your layout.

Tish; yep; just worry about the bathroom and kitchen. The rest will need cleaning again by time they leave. You'll have fun. I'm like Betsey in that I do my shopping several days before an event.

so hi to the rest of you....

I'm up today; honestly; just laid in bed yesterday and napped and read. Hubby has this fatique also.

Josie; hope you are not getting pneumonia.

ok, off for lunch.

bbl

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-06-13 11:52 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Quickly popping in because I still have many little things to do!

Guess what? I wish I had done some of my shopping several days ahead of time. They did not have 1 spiral cut ham in the grocery store we shop at in Waterville. Not one! I really wanted a spiral cut ham tomorrow as my son-in-laws love it. We went to Joseph's Meat Market and I found one...I nearly fell over at the price. It is a little over 10 pounds and was $3.39 a pound and ended up costing $35.36 - Is that the norm this year for spiral cut hams? There were plenty of the other types of hams, but I just have to have the spiral!

Love the layouts Betsey and Cheryl did for the challenge!

More later....HELLO all!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 04-06-13 12:09 PM
In response to Tishd

TISH nothing beats a good spiral cut ham. I will have to do some price checking around here. I know that Costco carries a really good one.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 04-06-13 12:26 PM
In response to charK

Watching a travel show on Italy....oh I so want to go!!!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Tishd

Yes! That's less than we paid for one for Easter weekend. It was about $6/lb. It was fully cooked, spiral cut and honey glazed.

Edited by oakhills on 04-06-13 12:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Watching a travel show

I loved Rome and would dearly love to go to the Tuscany area.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to oakhills

Tish - That is the price they were here at Christmas. Ridiculous isn't it?

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 04-06-13 01:21 PM
In response to cdjohnson

I need some prayers for my brother. He called me from jail. He was arrested yesterday because he was at his girlfriends. He has a no contact order regarding her. He thought it ended in April. Well it does, but April 2014!

He has been doing so well. Has a job and is still at his clean and sober house. He wants me to come to court on Monday. He is scared and does not have his meds either. I told him it will all work out. He is in a good place right now and has come so far. The judge will surely see that. He is ready to give up the girlfriend forever now he says. He said she has brought him trouble for the last time. He does not want to lose his job or housing.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-06-13 02:03 PM
In response to oakhills

Ann, it definitely will be crowded, and the children are not that small anymore. This is why we do Thanksgiving at Julie and Larry's now. They have a big garage and it is heated. (Well they put the heat on only for Thanksgiving). It is usually cold here the end of November.

But it will be fun. The family enjoys getting together for sure! We have to have strong backs here to get my sil, Joel, into the house in his wheel chair. Our house is not well suited for the handicapped. He is a trooper though and we make do!

I need to get that piano when all the strong bodies are here. Now it is going to be a matter of coordinating it with my step brother. Sigh.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-06-13 02:04 PM
In response to charK

Prayers for your brother, Char. I am so sorry to hear this! I think he will need his meds! Is the jail far from you?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics