Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Jojo Noons

I may try a challenge or two for NSB Day. I am sure I won't get to do a lot...it IS Saturday and Audie will be around expecting meals! I have not yet broken him from the habit of eating 3 meals a day!

Went back to visit my terminally ill classmate, Butch, this afternoon. Butch had dubbed himself, my best friend and I as the "Three Musketeers" many years ago. The three of us did everything together during high school. I picked her up on my way to visit Butch so we had a brief reunion at his bedside. It is hard to believe he is still with us in his condition.

Betsey, I think the NSB challenges will be up for you at 3 AM. It will be 2 AM for us in the Central zone and 1 AM for Mountain. I will wait until I am up at 7 or 8 to check in and decide if any are something I want to attempt.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 05-03-13 07:54 PM
In response to Jojo Noons

The Doctor said sissy's rash was healing. She also said it is a "staph" infection. Finally got an answer to what it is. We came back to my house and I fed her and she napped for awhile and then went home.

I am tired and plan on going to bed soon.

I did finish reading Orphan Train!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 05-03-13 08:01 PM
In response to charK

I plan on checking out the scrapbook challenges for prizes!

The girls dad will be here tomorrow with his family. Another long day I am sure.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Betsey: you wrote $65 a month.. I'm hoping that is a week rate...

You'll enjoy Amandas party; how great for her.

Cheryl; I had my hair trimmed today and already is nicer.

Teia; best wishes to your daughter. I'd like a newborn to hold.

CAthe: I don't watch the horse racess unless a horse is in it for the Triple Crown.. that's exciting.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
I may try a challenge or two for NSB Day. I am sure I won't get to do a lot...it IS Saturday and Audie will be around expecting meals! I have not yet broken him from the habit of eating 3 meals a day!

Went back to visit my terminally ill classmate, Butch, this afternoon. Butch had dubbed himself, my best friend and I as the "Three Musketeers" many years ago. The three of us did everything together during high school. I picked her up on my way to visit Butch so we had a brief reunion at his bedside. It is hard to believe he is still with us in his condition.

on the "three meals a day" quip. Dale can eat as many meals as he wants but I only cook one: dinner.

It's heartwarming that you went to visit Butch with another of the Three Musketers.. love that.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:
I plan on checking out the scrapbook challenges for prizes!

The girls dad will be here tomorrow with his family. Another long day I am sure.

just no rest for you Char. I too will check for prizes without having to do any work... lazy huh?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

I am amazed at how well my scrap room is looking... About two more hours in there and it's done... then onto the spare room/sewing room... yikes!!!

I'm tired though so off to bed.

ni ni

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Sunnydi

I am not sure I will get any time to do the challenges. I wanted to this year though. But the baby is due and dd is in the hospital so I could be called at any time to come see the birth. I am taking my IPad to get a really nice picture of Mr. Destin!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 05-03-13 08:47 PM
In response to tneal40

ANN that is so wonderful you got to be the three muskateers again! I am sure it was a special moment for your friend.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:

CAthe: I don't watch the horse racess unless a horse is in it for the Triple Crown.. that's exciting.

No....that is right......something between $65 and $75 a MONTH! Do you see why I am not sure it is worth it????? Mary 1, who retired in December. Gets the huge sum of $113 a MONTH after 12 years of service to the school system. Trust me when I tell you, no one can live on the wages paid, much less the retirement. This is why so many school workers retire and come back in other jobs. Out state is pathetic when it comes to salaries for all especially School, Police, Fire etc. It is beyond sad!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:

No....that is right......something between $65 and $75 a MONTH! Do you see why I am not sure it is worth it????? Mary 1, who retired in December. Gets the huge sum of $113 a MONTH after 12 years of service to the school system. Trust me when I tell you, no one can live on the wages paid, much less the retirement. This is why so many school workers retire and come back in other jobs. Out state is pathetic when it comes to salaries for all especially School, Police, Fire etc. It is beyond sad!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Good morning ladies......coffee is ready, but I don't feel very well........rolling stomach.....nauseated....I guess with about 8 kids a day vomitting in the lunch room all week, it's no wonder. Do kids not know they are getting sick.......????? I do not get it.....talking older ones not the babies! LOL

I think if I had a coke this morning I would drink that! LOL

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-13 03:49 AM
In response to memex9

Good morning ladies! I had to force myself out of bed. I didn't sleep that well last night. I was up at five and went back to bed and now I am dopey!

Betsey, well now, not good you are feeling sick on a weekend! Can you eat anything? Drink tea?
I need to come down there and give you some TLC!

I doubt I will do any of the challenges today, although I did see one that didn't look to technical. It was a sketch challenge.

Am I the only one left to finish reading Orphan Train? I started it and then got side tracked with another book. Bad Tish.

Jojo is Hannah coming back tomorrow?

I just went out to toss some sun flower seed out back for the silly squirrels and it is chilly right now!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-13 03:52 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:

Betsey, $65.00 a month!!!!! This can't be right! That would average out to about $3.00 a day and that doesn't hardly pay for gas! Something is wrong with this picture!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to memex9

ok...now I need clarification, Betsey...your retirement will be $65 a month or you MAKE $65 month??????

Teia...can't wait for baby Destin picture!!

No national SB for me today. We have a neighbor's branding to attend. We trade help and all three of the workers here are needed so I am on child care duty. I am going to go along with them and watch the boys there so Griffyn can be mommy fed and not have to take a bottle all day! We will come home after dinner (noon) but it is an hour drive across the hills so it will be mid afternoon when we get here.

Jojo....only another day or so before Hannah is home, right? so glad to hear she is having a great time.

Di...I do not like the closet cleaning phase of cleaning but I need to do one this next week. I have to get my spare room ready for Roy's great niece to come live here for a month or so. That room has become a bit of a "storage unit" since Christmas so the closet needs overhauling so she can use it! lol

Betsey...ick on the stomach. So sorry for you. What an icky way to have to spend your weekend! ug.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

Char...I think it is Betsey that says, "NO is a complete sentence!" I think you are going to have to start saying NO to some things for the sake of your health. I am worrying about you and all that you do that increases your stress level. You are doing a wonderful thing raising your granddaughters. I understand that to have them in the private school you have certain obligations, but surely some of those can be picked up by younger parents???? Play the "Grandma" card and let some of the duties go to others....PLEASE...I'm begging you!! You need to take care of YOU along with the girls or there won't be a Grandma TO raise them! Ok...done nagging. Hugs to you!!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to bears99

Got a text last night before I headed to bed, she was 5cm and 50% efaced.... going to go out to breakfast then head over to the hospital to wait around for the baby..... Will bb later today with pictures I am sure.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:

Betsey, $65.00 a month!!!!! This can't be right! That would average out to about $3.00 a day and that doesn't hardly pay for gas! Something is wrong with this picture!

I swear....don't you remember me telling you how funny that was the day I found out that if I worked another year and a half, I could retire from the school system, with the years accrued from the Sherrifs office and School and get a monthly check of between $65 and $75 a month?????

I thought it was hilarious.......so I kind of made that my goal......to work another year and a half which would make me almost 76. If I last more than that.....then every year I add only adds about $10 to my monthly retirement pay! I just think it is hilarious.......! Why does anyone even bother????? Seriously......if you have that and SS you still can't live! Why does anyone work for the school system anymore???? I don't understand. Granted teachers make more money therefore they contribute more...but even so.....it can't be that great! Although, in my case $65 is better than 0!!!! So......It's a tank of gas a month! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
I think if it's midnight on the Pacific Coast, it would be 4 am here east coast daylight time right/????? or would it be 3 am???? I guess I could go look at the page they tell you to look at couldn't I??????

I think I am just getting old and crabby......or hopefully it's just today......work was awful today........! I don't know how I will ever last another year and half. I'm not sure it's worth it for $65 a month! LOL But a day at a time, I will do it........I just can't look at the big picture very often. Of course, the $65 is no solution to my issues, but maybe by then something else will happen...like I hit the Lottery, the house values rise again, or some distant(that I don't know) relative dies and leaves me enough to pay off the mortgage. LOL

Amanda finally has a dress to wear under her graduation robes.......Karen just sent me a photo on my phone. Her party is tomorrow night......and graduation is Sunday at 6 pm in Tampa. I don't think I am going to go as there are not enough tickets......Each kid only gets four tickets, so that is not enough for Karen, Dave, James, Rach, Matt, Ally and Me........So I think Ally is working, and Matt and I are out of luck! Which is really ok with me, as I have to work on Monday, and so it would be a late night for me to have to get up and work too. I will see photos I am sure!

I guess I did not make that very clear.....a while back I think I told you that I found out that I actually will get some retirement pay from the School system, if I can wwork another year and a half minimum. If I do that, I will then get a check for something between $65 and $75 a month. It seems that my Sheriffs office retirement counts towards the years at school, so I will be vested and can retire in a year and a half....I will "only" be 76!

I still think it is hilarious.....! Obviously that does me no good, nor would it do anyone any good......!!!! And Yes...it IS $65 a month.

But I do make a little over $500 a month for my almost full time job. No one works for any school system for the money....obviously! And here, no one has had a raise in pay for over 7 years. My paycheck is $18 a month less than it was the year I started, working the same hours for the same rate........the taxes are higher, so since Dec, our paychecks are all less than they used to be.

They are now talking about giving the teachers here a raise in pay, that will begin the year 2015-2016. I find this all just insane....as the "raise" will be based on their evaluation scores. (This is done by the principal of each school.) Personally I don't see that so much as a raise as it is a performance bonus, but then......again....it's Florida! And yet we keep voting these same people into office.

When Amanda starts teaching in August....her base Salary will be $32,000. We have teachers who started 6 years ago and are still making their starting rate of pay......! If they had student loans, then there is no way they have enough money to actually live in an apartment or a house. Not unless they are married etc. I just think that is a horrible state. But I looked at the starting salaries of all teachers in all states and we are not the lowest.....believe it or not, we are 41st out of 50. And NONE of them start at more than $37k! In this day and age that is barely a livable wage in this day and age. Heck,....Rachael started a job at TechData last year for more than Amanda will make as a teacher....and Rachael has no degree. (Granted she is only lacking 6 credit hours but NO Degree). Kind of makes a person wonder doesn't it?????? When are we as a country going to understand, that teachers are our best insurance agaist disaster in the future????? And we pay them the least......heck...Football players make more money in a year than a teacher will make in 10 years total. Does this make any sense to anyone?????? Ahhhhh.....granted I am just a lunch lady, and I guess we make the going rate of min wage labor....but considering the classes and things we have to take and the things we have to know....I find that amazing. I could make more money picking oranges or strawberries!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Tish...will the sunflower seeds grow?????? he he he he....I love sunflowers.....I may try again to grow some along the back fence. LOL

I might also try some gourds.......they grow up the fence and did very well the two years that I grew them. I would then have some to paint again....!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics