Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

OK...Tried to play a simple game which is linking three items to the page from the superstore and you can win those items by a random pick. Anyway.....tried to follow the directions, and of course have two different posts instead of them in one...so I give up....the directions sound simple.......I find this all just too complicated yet others seem to be just listing things having a great time.

I still can't find the page for the actually challenges.....the one I had bookmarked which i thought would be the one, is now gone......! sooooo I have no idea where you look to see if you even want to enter one...since you have all day this year for all of them, it would be easier, but then I don't know how you post them> I guess if I could find the challenges it might tell me however.....OK...That''s it. I am done! Obviously I am not capable of figuring this out! I am sure an 8 year old could do this!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:

Am I the only one left to finish reading Orphan Train? I started it and then got side tracked with another book. Bad Tish.

No... I am still on the waiting list from the library... aboaut two more weeks to go.

Tish; I had to take a pill last night to settle down and sleep. Helped me not dream...

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

This is the link for the DOOR PRIZE

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?type=challen ge&ch...

Off to the left is a button that says "Join"... just click that and your IN...

This is the link for the challenges:

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?sort=1&m =challeng...

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

Here's a silly laugh on me:

I was in my scrap room last night until about 10 trying to finish up cleaning/organizing it and had a tv movie on "Blue Hawaii" with Elvis Presley... now I CAN"T listen to music late (I know that) or it's in my brain all night long (oh, that's another song)... anyhow my brain sang Elvis all night and I'm tired..............sigh

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Sunnydi

Go to gallery then click on challenges and there is a blue button under each picture for u to join on the left

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

I did the door prize then after baby is born will go home and try some of the challenges. I might even use today's pictures in them.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-13 08:03 AM
In response to memex9

OOPs, Betsey.....now I remember the $65.00 a month thing!

Sorry, a brain cramp! I have those often you know!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-13 08:06 AM
In response to memex9

Well I managed to find the page earlier and guess what, I entered the Door Prize one. That was fairly simple. Then I decided to enter the Sketch it All Day Challenge. Now that was fun. It took me awhile to figure out how to get it uploaded to the actual challenge place. I guess you have to enter the challenge itself first, then the box does pop up when you upload.

Strangely I can't upload it here for you to view. I will keep trying. As Betsey says, I am too old for this stuff!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-13 08:12 AM
In response to Tishd

and I just noticed I made a mistake on my journaling and am not going through the process of changing it!

I just saw where Cathe entered a birthday challenge.....

I changed my mind, I best change it!

Edited by Tishd on 05-04-13 09:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:

thanks for the links.......but i was trying to enter the thing where you have to link three like items from the superstore and you can win those items from random drawings throughout the day...but it is too late now...had to be done by 9 am...PT I never did figure it out...so mine is a mess I have two entries of one thing each...never could figure out the directions. Obviously!

This is all just too much for me today.....it makes me feel stupid and then I get angry, then weepy.....soooooo not a good thing for me to try. All of this drama is new to me...I was never like this until recently. I am thinking that this constant trying to keep up with people my chilrens ages is finally wearing me down. It's really just too hard......I am not used to this kind of work situation, or actually life situation.....Many of you may know what I mean, but I think you have to be older to "get it"! It's the first time in my life where I really can't keep up, am not learning quickly, and feel out of it a lot of the time....the music they talk about, the shows they watch.....and the books they read.....Nothing like what we all talk about....and it becomes sort of tiresome after awhile, and then it's always this glaring picture of how I am aging......and I guess I am not liking it much. So then to come home and not be able to figure out this stupid Scrapbook Day thing just pushed me over the edge. You know...I never could figure it out before either, but it didn't bother me! One thing I want to know......WHEN did I turn into my Mother!!!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-13 09:04 AM
In response to memex9

Betsey, there are days when I wish I were more like my mother!

But this "lady" here typing to you, knows what you are saying. It seems as though I look in the mirror lately and notice more sags and bags! I am not liking it either.

Last night I was listening to RFD on television and there were some of the older singers singing and their music and songs brought back such sweet memories of when Allen and I were young and used to dance to the tunes they sang. Bill Anderson, George Jones, Roy Clark etc....

Well I remembered how to link my layout finally. See you aren't the only one having a problem adjusting to the new! I have a typo on this and have to change it...sigh!

I Just Want to Stay Here By Tishd

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-13 09:17 AM
In response to Tishd

Again... I need a nap!

and why is it I always think I am supposed to follow the sketch to a T??????

I JUST WANT TO STAY HERE By Tishd

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:

thanks for the links.......but i was trying to enter the thing where you have to link three like items from the superstore and you can win those items from random drawings throughout the day...but it is too late now...had to be done by 9 am...PT I never did figure it out...so mine is a mess I have two entries of one thing each...never could figure out the directions. Obviously!

This is all just too much for me today.....it makes me feel stupid and then I get angry, then weepy.....soooooo not a good thing for me to try. All of this drama is new to me...I was never like this until recently. I am thinking that this constant trying to keep up with people my chilrens ages is finally wearing me down. It's really just too hard......I am not used to this kind of work situation, or actually life situation.....Many of you may know what I mean, but I think you have to be older to "get it"! It's the first time in my life where I really can't keep up, am not learning quickly, and feel out of it a lot of the time....the music they talk about, the shows they watch.....and the books they read.....Nothing like what we all talk about....and it becomes sort of tiresome after awhile, and then it's always this glaring picture of how I am aging......and I guess I am not liking it much. So then to come home and not be able to figure out this stupid Scrapbook Day thing just pushed me over the edge. You know...I never could figure it out before either, but it didn't bother me! One thing I want to know......WHEN did I turn into my Mother!!

Betsey: I get what you are talking about... I'm shocked at how much less my nervous system/brain can handle nowadays. I've been trying to explain it to my daughter but she won't "get it" for about 30-35 more years. I told her for now she's just going to have to trust me when I say I can't or won't do something.

another thing is I can't associate to programs/magazines anymore because I'm not young. I miss that.

Oh; and I wish I was rich enough to send you $65 a month.. I would you know.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

Hey Tish; you got it in here... congrats. Cute layout.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Sunnydi

Good afternoon!!

I was finally able to go get my hair trimmed and colored today. I was DETERMINED for that to be a priority. Priscilla will be 18 tomorrow and we are celebrating this afternoon. I think she wants to go to Olive Garden. Her present from us was $45 gift card to the mall and an upgrade to the IPhone 4S. She is so excited!!

I probably am not going to participate in any challenges today. I may try to get "our" challenge finished before bedtime. I also have to study for my ACLS test which is on the 15th.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-13 10:20 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Di, and I so wish I were able to send Betsey $65.00 a month!

I know so well about what you both are talking about. I used to be such a reader. I could pick up a book and read it in a day or two, depending on what was going on in my life.

Now I have such a hard time concentrating on anything. I have been reading a Nora Roberts book for a week and am not quite done. I pick it up, read a bit, a wander off to something else.

It is hard for me to concentrate on anything to deep on television. Downton Abbey is the first thing that has really held my interest in a long, long time. Lately I watch things that do not require a lot of brain function! LOL....I have been watching Four Weddings. Rather a no brainer but I enjoy it.

I took an Ambien last night to help me sleep. The benadryl/tylenol doesn't help as much as it did.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 05-04-13 11:05 AM
In response to Tishd

Hello grammies!

It is absolutely beautiful outside! We may see 80 tomorrow...LOL. Then of course back to the grimness.

Girls dad just got here. Don't feel like dealing with him and his family. Just wanna smack him upside his head.

I will bbl...too much chaos here...dogs barking, kids everywhere.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to charK

Baby Shower By Scrappin 2

Here is one I did for one of the challenges. I forgot to check the box allow embedding or something like that. I hope that since I could link it here that I posted it correctly.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Good afternoon!!

I was finally able to go get my hair trimmed and colored today. I was DETERMINED for that to be a priority. Priscilla will be 18 tomorrow and we are celebrating this afternoon. I think she wants to go to Olive Garden. Her present from us was $45 gift card to the mall and an upgrade to the IPhone 4S. She is so excited!!

I probably am not going to participate in any challenges today. I may try to get "our" challenge finished before bedtime. I also have to study for my ACLS test which is on the 15th.

Happy Birthday to Priscilla. Time goes fast, huh mom?

I started a layout for the sb.com challenge that I can use for our challenge also. Will finish in a few hours...

Right now I've been working outside... Ladies it is 76 deg. whew; too hot in the sun for me. Funny I think.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics