Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to scrappin 2

• scrappin 2 Said:
Baby Shower By Scrappin 2

Here is one I did for one of the challenges. I forgot to check the box allow embedding or something like that. I hope that since I could link it here that I posted it correctly.

You can go back in and "edit" your image and check the embedding box... just to be safe.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Hello grammies!

It is absolutely beautiful outside! We may see 80 tomorrow...LOL. Then of course back to the grimness.

Girls dad just got here. Don't feel like dealing with him and his family. Just wanna smack him upside his head.

I will bbl...too much chaos here...dogs barking, kids everywhere.

Take your laptop and go hide and scrap....

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Sunnydi

No baby yet... I came home to wait for her to get to 7cm... I thought she was at 5 this morning but it was 3 she was at... she is now at 4!!!! That little guy is trying hard to STAY IN THERE lol...

Told daughter to call me when it gets so bad they give her the epadural if she is going to have it. I am more comphy at home waiting.

Tishd
Tishd 
Queen
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-13 03:14 PM
In response to tneal40

Well I decided to try one more layout for the Scrapbook Day thingy. Not sure if it is right but it is for the Insta-Scrap All Day Challenge.

Now I do think I need to get going on the challenge for our thread. Betsey has hers done and Cathe. Can't remember if anyone else did a page yet.

So here is one from me ......For NSBD!

One of my dear GREAT-grandson's, Lincoln. He did not want to try on new frames so mommy had to bribe him. He is a sweetie.

THE BRIBE By Tishd

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 05-04-13 03:22 PM
In response to tneal40

TEIA did they start a pitosin drip on her?? If they did they need to increase it.

Tishd
Tishd 
Queen
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-13 03:31 PM
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Good afternoon!!

I was finally able to go get my hair trimmed and colored today. I was DETERMINED for that to be a priority. Priscilla will be 18 tomorrow and we are celebrating this afternoon. I think she wants to go to Olive Garden. Her present from us was $45 gift card to the mall and an upgrade to the IPhone 4S. She is so excited!!

I probably am not going to participate in any challenges today. I may try to get "our" challenge finished before bedtime. I also have to study for my ACLS test which is on the 15th.

Hi Cheryl! Glad you were able to get your hair done today! I need to get busy on our challenge too. Maybe this evening.

I didn't see Betsey's challenge entry on First Page yet...Just wondering if you saw it. You have been busy I know!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

• charK Said:
TEIA did they start a pitosin drip on her?? If they did they need to increase it.

I don't believe in this day and age, that this poor girl has now been in labor for 24 hours......they need to do something that's for sure......! I agree with you char.....increase the drip. Good grief!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Here is my page for the challenge.......! Did not do the bows.....I thought that might just be too much....LOL I used purple......the color I like the least.....but I decided to use this old sassafrass lass paper that I have had since 2009!......LOL Along with other things in the purple and black line. I used these because the photo is black and white and I thought it would be different for me.

Forever Friends By Memex9

Here it is again Cheryl......so you don't have to go looking for it. Since you commented on it, I just assumed you put it on page one. I know you are busy.....so no problem....!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Here's my entry for our challenge and I entered it in one of the May challenges also. I sure had fun scrapping today; especially my cutie pie... fun colors to work with:

Tea 4 Two By Sunnydi

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

No baby??? I missed that she has been in labor 24 hr. That is too long in this day and age. Hopefully he is here by now.

Di thanks for the tip to go back and edit. There was one that I forgot to embed.

Betsey-I understand your frustration. Heck I'm only 65 and feel like my brain is mush, my eyes are sinking into my head and I can't remember what I ate two days ago.

I feel crabby tonight. I keep telling myself to count my many blessings. I know my crabbiness all stems from making dinner,(and not really liking it) cleaning up, making BBQ out of the left over pork for Tues...and DH goes and sits. He did wipe the table. big deal.

Now I feel better.

Cheryl so nice you got your hair done. Hope your meal at the Olive Garden was delicious.

Char -hope the house is quieter by now. You don't need the added stress.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 05-04-13 04:47 PM

The girls went out with their dad and family. They were going to Olive Garden and then a park somewhere.

I have ribs in the crockpot and will make some rice and a salad when they return for dinner.

St. Peter took me out for lunch down on the waterfront. It is so pretty today. I had sockeye salmon fish and chips. It was delicious. He had half a crab and shrimp louie and half a monte cristo sandwich. Looked great.

I am watching a GLEE marathon and singing along. Peter is mowing the lawn and weed whacking.

It is 78 degrees now!!

Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons
In response to Tishd

Hey, Very busy, coming in now for dinner/ Made spaghetti and meatballs in the crockpot. Going to chow and then sit by the fire. Billy and i are laughing...the season hasn't even started yet and we'll be happy romorrow morning most all will be going home. We've gotten use to the quiet I think! LOL~
We've jsut been working so hard, we're tired and don't have the patience for someones nosey questions...Funny, how intrusive some can be...yikes! When will this be done, I hope such and such will be done by then...Why don't you do this?? Why did you put that there...I think Billy even heard...what are you thinking??? which just PO'd him right off.....we've worked so hard...and to hear the critisim (sp?) and with being tired...it just hit harder than normal...Felt like saying...you don't like it? leave! Sometimes they forget, YOU own the place not them. Yes they pay for a seasonal...but not for me to kiss their a$$...they don't pay THAT much!
It's all in beginning a new season...this will pass...the comments jsut hit me hard...I came home and took a two and a half hour nap...Will try again tomorrow...and wave as they go home.. It sounds terrible, but we are fortunate, we do have a good group of people. No big drinkers which is a plus all day long!!! Some are very forward...that's all,almost like you need to answer to them....well by the end of this season...they'll know better!

OK I need to head outside...then be back for Hannah's call. Can't wait for her to come home tomorrow night!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Jojo Noons

hey.....glad to see everyone has had a productive day......my dgd Sarah called me about an hour ago, and wanted her Mom to come get me for the party.....it was already almost 8 so I said No....but she was so cute......"Meme you have to be here"........but she was fine....we chatted for a few minutes and then she went to play with Lilly. She is a sweet girl......love her to pieces.

I am getting ready to watch the Gordie Howe Story, on Hallmark. He was the biggest thing in Hockey during my childhood and early adulthood. Being from Detroit, everyone was a hockey fan, including me. We went to hockey games on dates all the time. The Redwings were National Champs year after year.......we thought it would never end......! He he he...Anyway...this will be a trip down memory lane for me. See ya tomorrow.....have a great night!

Tishd
Tishd 
Queen
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-13 05:24 PM
In response to Sunnydi

And here is mine for the challenge in here. I also entered this in the May color Challenge -Purple and Blue.

Enough entering challenges for me tonight. Body is tired and I am off to bed, so until tomorrow...Nite, nite!

Family By Tishd

Tishd
Tishd 
Queen
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-13 05:27 PM

Cathe, I get cranky and crabby when I don't feel good and like you, getting meals 7 days a week is for the "birds"....lol.

Sometimes men just do not get it! I must admit I didn't put much of any effort into tonight's supper and Allen is easy to please. He likes FOOD!

Tishd
Tishd 
Queen
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-04-13 05:33 PM
In response to Jojo Noons

Well another tired girl tonight! Hi Jojo, I know how hard you have worked on this campground so I can understand how weary you and Bill must feel. I am tired tonight and can't hardly hold my fingers up to make sense, so I will say good night to you and chat with you all tomorrow.

Betsey, I think that was so sweet your granddaughter called you! That would make my day. She is a LOVE!

Char - waving hello to you!

Teia?????? BABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE E...baby!????

Good night everyone.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

stopped in to say good night.

Betsey how cute of your granddaughter trying to conjole (sp?) you into coming to the party.

Sure hope we have baby news by the morning.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills

Cathe, I had some of the same feelings when Audie wanted to know when we could eat. I was trying to put together a layout for one of the challenges before it got too late to get a photo of it. Just like your dh...as soon a he had eaten, he headed for his recliner while I was left with the mess in the kitchen. I have to say in his defense that he did stay busy with chores outside most of the day so I did 2 layouts which is amazing for me.

Does anyone else have trouble choosing papers for their layouts? I need a better system for storing my paper because it just takes me too long!

I would like to win a prize for today but if I don't I hope someone in our group does!

My eyes are getting blurred so I'll say goodnight.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to oakhills

No baby. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. They softened her cervical some more. I knew this baby would be born on May 5th lol... She is not in hard labor at all. The baby just likes where he is hehehehe. They are going to increase the drip in about an hour. I am going to head home soon cause no use me being here. Brought sil dinner!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • memex9 Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:
This is the link for the DOOR PRIZE

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?type=challen ge&ch...

Off to the left is a button that says "Join"... just click that and your IN...

This is the link for the challenges:

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?sort=1&m =challeng...

thanks for the links.......but i was trying to enter the thing where you have to link three like items from the superstore and you can win those items from random drawings throughout the day...but it is too late now...had to be done by 9 am...PT I never did figure it out...so mine is a mess I have two entries of one thing each...never could figure out the directions. Obviously!

This is all just too much for me today.....it makes me feel stupid and then I get angry, then weepy.....soooooo not a good thing for me to try. All of this drama is new to me...I was never like this until recently. I am thinking that this constant trying to keep up with people my chilrens ages is finally wearing me down. It's really just too hard......I am not used to this kind of work situation, or actually life situation.....Many of you may know what I mean, but I think you have to be older to "get it"! It's the first time in my life where I really can't keep up, am not learning quickly, and feel out of it a lot of the time....the music they talk about, the shows they watch.....and the books they read.....Nothing like what we all talk about....and it becomes sort of tiresome after awhile, and then it's always this glaring picture of how I am aging......and I guess I am not liking it much. So then to come home and not be able to figure out this stupid Scrapbook Day thing just pushed me over the edge. You know...I never could figure it out before either, but it didn't bother me! One thing I want to know......WHEN did I turn into my Mother!!

Betsey: I get what you are talking about... I'm shocked at how much less my nervous system/brain can handle nowadays. I've been trying to explain it to my daughter but she won't "get it" for about 30-35 more years. I told her for now she's just going to have to trust me when I say I can't or won't do something.

another thing is I can't associate to programs/magazines anymore because I'm not young. I miss that.

Oh; and I wish I was rich enough to send you $65 a month.. I would you know.

Oh Diana, you are so sweet.......but It's not the $65 a month I am needing.........I appreciate the thought, and I know you would!!!! I just find it so funny that a "retirement" check could be that small. It just makes me laugh everytime I think about it. If I really can't make it for another year and a half, I will not worry about it...that's for sure. I keep thinking that what I know to be true will happen at some point....I believe that if you keep doing the right things, the right things will happen .................just maybe not the moment you need it or expect it! LOL

I am happy to know, that I am not alone in this "old age" thing! I am sure that it is magnified only in my mind, and that others are really not aware....and I know for a fact that my kids, still all think I am 55! LOL I do know, that my children are not unique however, and it seems that they really don't understand the changes that take place because they are very subtle.....it's a bunch of little things that one day you realize you just are not who you used to be! LOL For the most part, I am truly grateful and lucky that I do all that I do.......I see people my age that are really, really old....and believe me I am not unaware that things could be so much worse. It's just that sometimes I have to just vent, to someone, and I guess you guys are about it!

I am finding that my sister is one of the ones that really does not get it? She is 64, still very busy, teaching school, etc......and able to do most things she has always done. She cannot ride her bike like she used to, but that is from and injury, not her condition or age. So, when I say to her.......I don't know how I will do on this very long flight to her house....two transfers etc...lots of airport walking, she just chuckles.....and says, "Oh you will be fine"!!!! I just flew there in 2009 and trust me had a hard enough time then........it's now four years later, and I am fully aware of my changes....and I know this will be a long, flight! But I am going to do it because I don't know when else I will get to see her and her new (and only) baby grandson! He is my great-nephew, and I would love to see him, even if it is only once !!!! He is so precious.

Anyway........Thanks for your sweet thoughts......much appreciated. You made me smile, this early in the morning. Thanks!!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics