Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

I'm eating lunch over my keyboard.... shame on me.

I just had the privilege of seeing a hummingbird take a bath in my bird bath. He was eating on the fuschia tree and hovered over the water and finally dipped in.....splash splash....hovered...splash splash.. did it 3 times. Oh so cute.

bbl

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Here is the copy of the description heading on that ad I bought!

Item specifics

Condition:

Used: An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition

Type of Advertising:

Magazine

Original/Reproduction:

Original

date of Creation: 1917 Vintage

Edited by memex9 on 06-22-13 12:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

so you can see why I thought it was an original......believe me I have good knowledge of these kind of scams on Ebay....having sold on there for many years.....this is why I think it makes me so mad........its a scam. And I fell for it!

Although, they lied........I read this thing over and over...just to make sure!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 06-22-13 12:02 PM
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
I'm eating lunch over my keyboard.... shame on me.

I just had the privilege of seeing a hummingbird take a bath in my bird bath. He was eating on the fuschia tree and hovered over the water and finally dipped in.....splash splash....hovered...splash splash.. did it 3 times. Oh so cute.

bbl

Oh Lucky YOU! I have not seen our hummer's take a bath!!!! I am so jealous!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 06-22-13 12:04 PM
In response to memex9

but. but, but... can you report this person to Ebay!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

It's not worth the effort...quite honestly. I will wait until I receive it, but surely they don't have many of these.....so they can put one up as soon as one sells.....what a racket......!!!! They are making money I guess....I wonder how much???? With 3,000 items for sale, who watches all of them......how do that know what's sold etc......more work than I want to do that's for sure! Imagine loading 3,000 items on your eBay site.....LOL

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Di - It will be our 13th anniversary. How neat that you got to see a hummingbird in the bird bath. I have never seen that happen. I put a hummingbird feeder out but have yet to see one.

Karyol and I went to Steak & Shake for lunch and then to Walmart (don't tell Betsey) to pick up some items for Priscilla (she made me a list). Now, I am home and straightening up my scrap room and want to try and do a few layouts today.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Here is the layout I am lifting of Ann's for our challenge:

8 months By Oakhills

Here is my lift of it:

Halloween 2012 By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Char- how far did you have to take the girls to meet their dad? I hope you get to rest and relax.

Cheryl Happy Anniversary to you tomorrow.

I bought a hummingbird feeder on a metal stake for a house warming gift. Judy likes to garden and I didn't have to worry about it not matching their color scheme, or not to their liking.

I went out to Casey's today. I offered to clean her commodes and sinks. She took me up on it. Oakley was sleeping. The other two kids went with their daddy to a carnival...well it was a company picnic where his aunt works.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

no title By Scrappin 2

I don't know why the photo is so blurry it isn't IRL. I have 3 more in my gallery. I might not link all here. We will see.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to cdjohnson

I think I have finally caught up reading everything and WOW what a busy goroup!

I am getting excited about Betsey's trip to WA and meeting Char and Di IRL. The only person I have met from sb.com doesn't do much scrapbooking any longer but we are still friends on facebook.

Jo, have you finished all the chicken processing yet? We have only had chickens in recent years (none now) for eggs. When I was growing up, we always had chickens for meat, too. The housekeeper who worked for my family was expert at processing them and tried to teach me! I can cut one up once it is dressed but I did not learn all that came before that!

Betsey, the newspaper ad, even if it is a reproduction, will certainly be a great keepsake item about your family. There is a veternarian about 35 miles from us who raises the Scottish cattle.

Cheryl, happy anniversary! I like your lift of my page...love seeing it with a photo! LOL I hope Brittney is adding pictures to these pages for Laynie.

Di, you are in for such a treat at Dori's first recital! They are absolutely precious at this age even if they do have "deer in the headlights" response. With Emily dancing since she was 3, we have seen some really cute things at recitals with these little ones.

Tish, Char, Jojo, Cathe, & Teia...hope you weekend is going great!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Di - It will be our 13th anniversary. How neat that you got to see a hummingbird in the bird bath. I have never seen that happen. I put a hummingbird feeder out but have yet to see one.

Karyol and I went to Steak & Shake for lunch and then to Walmart (don't tell Betsey) to pick up some items for Priscilla (she made me a list). Now, I am home and straightening up my scrap room and want to try and do a few layouts today.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Dropping off:

On The Go - Zoo By Cdjohnson

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 06-22-13 03:35 PM
In response to cdjohnson

and I am dropping off too!

I see you are scrapping also Cheryl. Gee I think I should have put together a page of Allen and I for 55 years, don't ya think. Maybe I can get it done tonight.

I am actually doing a book for us to keep here at home instead of giving away like I normally do!

Scrapping By Tishd

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 06-22-13 03:39 PM
In response to memex9

By the way, do not bother CHARtonight. I do believe the girls have gone camping and she is enjoying quiet time with Peter. Cheryl, we will not tell her you went to Walmart without her!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 06-22-13 03:53 PM
In response to oakhills

Oh yes Ann! Dori's recital is tonight! I had forgotten.

I will never forget Lexi's first dance recital. She was about that age and absolutely precious! We followed her dance recital's right through until she was a Junior in high school and then she decided she didn't want to do dance anymore. Kind of sad because she was on a Performing Team that went out of state once in awhile!

Abbi only did dance for 2-3 years.

The little ones are so cute. I can still remember a little girl we knew. Her name was Reagen. She was about 3. When her group was done and every one was clapping, she stopped, on her way off stage, turned around, looked at her parents in the front row, and gave them a thumbs up!

You have a good weekend Ann.

Edited by Tishd on 06-22-13 03:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 06-22-13 03:55 PM
In response to scrappin 2

Cathe, I found your layouts in your gallery. You did a great job using your paper line you intend to use up.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 06-22-13 04:00 PM
In response to Tishd

TISH.....too late, I ALSO went to Walmart!!! lol Had to get a prescription. Bought some fruit and napkins and papertowels. Lots of screaming children, and a man and woman (using those terms loosely) in the 20 items lane with a full basket! NOT a word said to them. THEN a woman steps in front of me with her cart sideways so I can't get by. I politely say excuse me, and she gives me the evil eye and moves just enough for me to go by her. WTH is with people??!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 06-22-13 04:03 PM
In response to charK

We had to drive a bit over an hour away to meet them. Almost ALL one lane road, a bit winding and bumpy. Was ready to get out of the car. We stopped in a town called Buckley and went into 2 antique stores, saw nothing I couldn't live without.

One store had their front window all done in wedding stuff, cute bride and groom cake toppers and photos and several wedding dresses. Very cute. I took a picture and will post it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics