Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

Today I am pricing stuff for resale and getting ready for a Craft's party here tomorrow. ONly two friends coming but we'll have fun. We're making a paper bag album.. I'll make one and they will follow along. One does ok with crafts the other; not so much.. but I told her I'd get her thru it... haha

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

Di....I have not made one of those for years......they are fun, but tedious, until you get used to the sizes of things....lOL What fun. I still have about five that I have never given, sold, or used!

The halloween ones are the most fun for me....!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Di here is one of the ones I made back in 2010.....LOL I still have this one, and have never filled it.

Autumn Memories By Memex9

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 06-23-13 10:39 AM
In response to memex9

Good morning grams.

Looks like lots of electrical messes happening!! MINE is my computer. It is infected with a virus and will not do a thing. I am using the girls laptop. DH is mad because it won't work and blames me. SO fun day ahead.

So much for a relaxing time while the girls are away. I think I might just run away!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 06-23-13 10:39 AM
In response to charK

Only have one thing to say.....MEN!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

Char.....you will get no argument from me....that's for sure. I never could figure out how to get along with one........my best relationship is with my friend George and we live a thousand miles apart. LOL Does that say it all????????

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Char.....you will get no argument from me....that's for sure. I never could figure out how to get along with one........my best relationship is with my friend George and we live a thousand miles apart. LOL Does that say it all????????

We have been friends since 1973........thats my longest male relationship ever, except of course for my high school friend Bill.......! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I am cooking today......

Nice loin pork chops, Cheesy hash brown casserole and green beans. I have four Pork chops so will be eating this for a few nights. LOL I don't care.......at least its a real meal. Not the healthiest, but a meal. The only thing good for me and low cal is the green beans.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 06-23-13 11:19 AM
In response to memex9

BETSEY sounds delicious!!

It is raining here after a beautiful day yesterday. Looks like it will clear up.

Off to clean the kitchen!!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to charK

What is it with all the electrical/applicance/com puter problems??? Would you believe the A/C was out at our church this morning? We made it through the service with ceiling fans. A couple of the oldest members thought the temp was wonderful as they did not need a jacket today!

Off to work on some layouts. Need to do the challenge for this time.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 06-23-13 01:11 PM
In response to oakhills

Just got back from the store. It seems to be getting hotter here as the day goes on and it's after 5:00 pm. Allen says it will reach 90 tomorrow!

I just peeled off my socks and sneakers and am about to change into capri's.

We are still without hot water! Hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow, or I might resort to heating water on the stove for a bath!

Char, sorry you "puter" caught a virus. I use Kaspersky for my virus protection. It seems to work. Knock on wood! Just ran a complete scan and it said no threats.

Di...Dori was adorable in her dance recital outfit. She looks so much like her mommy! Thank you for sharing!

Betsey, I loved your recent layouts.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Only have one thing to say.....MEN!!!

You're turn huh?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

Ann I chuckled over the comment that some of the older ones enjoyed the higher temp in church... reminds me of the days when we'd go see my mother/father in-law and the heat was up to 75-78... they sat all day and were chilly. mercy we'd (us and family) would go in and sweat up a storm. Some just plain turned it down while we were there and some took to wearing summer clothes while there...

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Tish - Hope you have hot water by tomorrow!!

Ann - I would probably be comfortable the air went out at our church as I am ALWAYS cold in there.

Char - I probably would run away too.

Betsey - I think your statement said it all about men!!

We are home, stuffed beyond belief and read to relax. Karyol is in his hammock outside in the shade reading. It is too hot and humid for me (low 90s) so I am in the house where the air conditioning is on. I am going to scrap. We decided that it was time to do are own thing for the rest of the evening.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

Char; Yeah, like it's your fault you have a virus?? hmmm. men is right. When do the girls return?

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to oakhills

Ann....the electricity was out at our church service this morning, too! It came ack on about 1/2 way through or so. It was weird! You made me laugh with the comments about the older people...we have quite a few who wear sweaters in church in the summer because they say the AC is too cold!

We did get the situation with our electrical fixed. Roy found a short where it comes into the house and fixed it this morning. I am glad as I was really beginning to worry about the house burning down.

If anybody needs a really fun outside activity for kids.....my grandkids have been out playing/painting for over an hour! I froze balloons full of water in the freezer and today they are out painting the ice balls with food coloring. They sprinkled the ice with salt and then dripped on the food coloring. It looks really cool! They are having a lot of fun. Shane...age four..just came in to tell me his looks "really awesome" and that I need to come see. So I am going......

bbl...lol

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to bears99

Josie - I hope you take pictures for us!!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off:

Memories Never Melt! By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off again:

No Peeking By Cdjohnson

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
What is it with all the electrical/applicance/com puter problems??? Would you believe the A/C was out at our church this morning? We made it through the service with ceiling fans. A couple of the oldest members thought the temp was wonderful as they did not need a jacket today!

Off to work on some layouts. Need to do the challenge for this time.

I hate to be the voice of doom and gloom, however after watching the show Revolution, and realizing that our infrastructure in this country is old, and needing much updating, it has occurred to me today also, that my electric has been wavering the last few days.....just a flicker now and then, but enough to have me set my digi clocks....over and over.....and as I recall, that's been happening more frequently. I know this is probably far fetched, but who knows?????
If you did not watch Revolution, it begins 15 years after the electricity goes out in the entire world. And begins with how people are still living in suburbia, without electric, fenced communities, roads that have been turned into growing their own food, ccows meandering in the common grounds....etc.. That was the part that fascinated me......interesting concept....so you see, I am not the only one that has thought about what would happen if..........!!!!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics