Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: I think I just fell in love...        (Topic#1578235)
GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Well hurry and sell all your goods so you can get a new machine! I got mine for $200- unfortunately I had to wait almost 2 months to get it, but not a big deal, I got it and I'm really liking it!

Selling all my stuff on Evil bay right now and crossing my fingers and praying to God that I can get the Cameo soon....I'm so obsessed that I spent nights after nights sitting in front of my computer watching and rewatching videos of the machine and its capabilities and googling everything 'bout it. After buying, I don't mind the wait...Well, not really...lol...I WANT NOW!!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to GIGIGI30

Well, I wish you lots of luck, to sell quickly and when you order, that it won't be on back order like mine was.
I ordered May 12 th and got it on July 5th. That's a long time, but oh well, I survived!

Have you downloaded the software yet?
You can play with it and get the feel of the program before your machine comes!

Stamptramp218
New Kid On the Block
Stamptramp218
In response to ChansGram

Trish,
Could you share where you got your Cameo for $200 ?
I have had the original Silhouette since they came out and am very happy with it, BUT will be upgrading to the Cameo as soon as I can justify the expense ( I have the $ set aside, but just can't make myself do it) if I could find a great deal then I would take the leap.
I could not scrap without my Sil and she has served me well but the Cameo will be a fun new additon to my space.
P.S. I have a Cricut Expression still in the box that I bought probably 2 yrs ago, have never used it because I automatically use my Sil. With over 13,000 images in my Silhouette library I haven't bought a cricut cartridge in a couple years !
Thanks for the help.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Stamptramp218

PM'd you.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Well, I wish you lots of luck, to sell quickly and when you order, that it won't be on back order like mine was.
I ordered May 12 th and got it on July 5th. That's a long time, but oh well, I survived!

Have you downloaded the software yet?
You can play with it and get the feel of the program before your machine comes!

Thank you ma'am! Already got someone bidding on it but not yet the reserve price I'm looking for. Hopefully soon since still got a few more days left. Yep, I got the software, a bunch of free files on my library and also MTC so like I said, I'm watching YouTube as much as I can and reading all the tuts and how-to's from the MTC Forum that I belong to.

Already know where I'm getting it from for the same price as you, but they already say "shipping expected in mid-August" so a little concern about that. Don't want to wait too long since I don't own any other die cut machine so it will be very difficult and no scrapping while I wait ;(

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to GIGIGI30

Yeah, I don't really understand how they work their business?
If they know people are ordering these machines, then why don't they order more, so they will have some on hand?
Anyway, hope yours doesn't turn into such a long wait.
I still think it was worth the wait. I would rather save the money- I'm cheap!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Yeah, I don't really understand how they work their business?
If they know people are ordering these machines, then why don't they order more, so they will have some on hand?
Anyway, hope yours doesn't turn into such a long wait.
I still think it was worth the wait. I would rather save the money- I'm cheap!

Yeah, I heard you there! I've ordered from them a few times with no issues but always have been small items, pp and stuff. Now, they know they have the best prices for the Cameo out there and know people are crazy buying it so like you said, why not plan accordingly? Every time I look in there for "hot" items or something that they have a very good sale going, it's always back order or sold out....Isn't that tell you something? In business, that's scary!!

Now, as per "cheap"...no no no....Frugal is what it is...And if you ask me, nothing wrong with that. I'm all up for savings..lol!!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Well hurry and sell all your goods so you can get a new machine! I got mine for $200- unfortunately I had to wait almost 2 months to get it, but not a big deal, I got it and I'm really liking it!

OMG...OMG..OMG. Trish, I just placed my order. Of course, they say shipping expected mid/late August but I'm ecstatic to say the least. I have the feeling that I'm going to love this machine..can't hardly wait!!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to GIGIGI30

• GIGIGI30 Said:
  • ChansGram Said:

OMG...OMG..OMG. Trish, I just placed my order. Of course, they say shipping expected mid/late August but I'm ecstatic to say the least. I have the feeling that I'm going to love this machine..can't hardly wait!!

Awesome! Hopefully it will ship sooner than later!!
I hope you got a good deal. Are they running a coupon?
Did you end up selling all your Cricut stuff?

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
  • GIGIGI30 Said:
  • ChansGram Said:

Awesome! Hopefully it will ship sooner than later!!
I hope you got a good deal. Are they running a coupon?
Did you end up selling all your Cricut stuff?

To answer your questions Ms. Trish:

-I'm already sending them e-mail and giving them grief 'bout the shipping you know. Maybe this time, they'll do it quick....FINGERS CROSSED..LOL!!

-Yes, they always have coupons. I used the one for 27% off instead of 25 this week so with shipping included I pay $212.49. Think is a good deal compared to regular price + shipping. I'm also participating in a contest for a Cameo from a blog that I'm subscribed. Can you imagine that I'm the winner there? That will be awesome and I'll drop dead...lol

-Tried selling everything as a bundle twice and that was an epic fail *face palm*. Then I separate everything and this lady who is local emailed me thru eBay and asked me if I was willing to sell the machine itself for $100 and meet her somewhere 'cause she was leaving on vacation the following day and need it ASAP. Of course, I jumped and agreed to meet her at a McDonald's here. I waited for 45 mins and called her with private number (you never know with people these day, you know!), left voicemails and she never picked up. Anyway, I left 'cause my 4yr old boy was with me and getting cranky for being sitting in the car in hot weather. When I got home, she emailed and said on her way to meet me she got a flat-tire and she didn't have my phone number to call me but she was coming back next week and if the machine didn't sell she'll contact me again. Strike me as odd since i called her several times and I'm assuming she had her phone with her 'cause she knew I was meeting her and we didn't know each other. Anyway, angry as I was, emailed her back and told her to check the auction again next week and if the item haven't sell by then we'll see 'cause I missed my son's soccer practice cause of the waiting. Luckily I didn't remove the auction and so far there are ppl bidding on it with a lil' over 12 hours left right now.

A few of the cartridges are doing pretty good and so far are going for a lil' over of my reserve price so that's good. What really made me buy the Cameo was that last year at my job's Christmas party, I won a Toshiba 40" HDTV and since then was sitting in my closet unopened 'cause I already have one that is pretty much new and better quality. Well, talking to one co-worker she said she was looking for one for her living room and she was willing to buy it from me at the same price the company pay for it. Soooo, of course, that was money that I wasn't expecting and the TV didn't cost me a thing. Sold in 1-2-3, cash in my hand the next morning, put it in my bank account @ lunch time and ordered my Cameo online using PayPal....Can you tell this mamma over here is doing the happy dance???

Sorry, this post is so long but I needed to get it out of my chest...I'm so happy 'cause God only knows what I've been enduring in my life lately. Boy, that man upstairs (GOD, BABY JESUS, whatever you want to call it!!) never disappoint me!...Will keep you posted and thank you for listening!!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to GIGIGI30

Very well! Happy for you!

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics