Username Post: I have searched and searched        (Topic#1578249)
Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

but I can't figure out what the brand name is for that brown craft paper that everyone uses to work on - especially for stamping, etc.

any ideas? I tried finding it on here but couldn't.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Ohio4HMom

Do you mean this?

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Ohio4HMom

Do you mean kraft color cardstock? Lots of people use it. It is similar to a brown paper sack color but different companies make it & the shades vary.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Ohio4HMom

I purchased some 8 1/2 x 11 kraft color (brown) card stock at HL. It's the Paper Studio brand. Not very expensive.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to CrimsonMama

No its not cardstock. Its like a shiny brown paper that you put under your work and it wipes clean...

I thought it was called Kraft or Craft paper

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Ohio4HMom

The Bazzill Splat Mat! I think Inkadinkado makes one too.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to runzalot81

Bazzill Basics - Splat Mat - 18x15 Inches

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to runzalot81

You can get that mat at Ms or Js. I just gave mine to DGS - he discovered inking and distressing. It is expensive for the size so waiting for a coupon to get me another one or two.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to prittb

You're thinking of a non-stick craft mat, such as the one made by Ranger, which rolls up when not in use.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to Solitaire

Yep, the craft sheet by Ranger! Awesome product. A definite must have in my opinion.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Babylou

Designguykory gave me the idea to go to the Dollar Tree and pick up one of those plastic cutting mats. They come in a set of 2 for $1, and it works perfect. The ink applicator glides effortlessly on it, and then you can just wipe it off. When they do get too gross, just toss it. 2 for $1 can't be beat!!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to flintridgescrapper

I got the Splat Mat in my NSBD prize package - it's awesome!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Solitaire

• Solitaire Said:
You're thinking of a non-stick craft mat, such as the one made by Ranger, which rolls up when not in use.

THATS IT!!!!

Thank you!!!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to flintridgescrapper

• flintridgescrapper Said:
Designguykory gave me the idea to go to the Dollar Tree and pick up one of those plastic cutting mats. They come in a set of 2 for $1, and it works perfect. The ink applicator glides effortlessly on it, and then you can just wipe it off. When they do get too gross, just toss it. 2 for $1 can't be beat!!

Kory to the rescue! thats a great idea!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-04-12 08:10 AM
In response to Ohio4HMom

I just got one of these Ranger craft sheets. So far I love it, but there's some adhesive on it that I can't seem to remove. They advertise that nothing can stick to this. Any tips on how to clean it off?

Thanks!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

If u use a scraper, similar to Pampered Chef's pan or stone scraper, the adhesive will come right off

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to chocolateaxel

I have two of the ranger mats and love them.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Sneezy1956

Or, if you want disposable, get a roll of brown kraft wrapping paper (probably also at the dollar store or office supply).

Or butcher paper?

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Bxr-Linda

disposable is a good idea too but I think I'm going to give the cheap cutting sheets a try first

Thanks for the ideas!!!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Ohio4HMom

Also at the dollar store you can find rolls of drawer liner. That works good too and it's pretty big

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to ChansGram

Oh, how would a roll of that work? I have some, just maybe not the right kind? I have the ranger LOVE IT - but I need more space.

Tim even said in one of his videos - Oh all your going to need its this little one because all you do is work right here.

Well now we us it as a paint pallet, blah pallet & this n that pallet LOL I need 1 just for paints, stains ect LoL

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics