Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: So... Where do you get        (Topic#1578259)
ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162

your washi??? At a LSS, here @ scrapbook.com, or another online store?? Can anyone tell me where they buy theirs??? (If it's an online store, plz pm me) THANK YOU!!!! I don't have any urge to buy a lot...
Products Referenced in This Post:

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-04-12 12:30 PM
In response to ScrappinGirl162

Here, other online scrapbook stores, there are several Etsy sellers with nice tapes although I haven't bought any on there yet. I also just get it in local stores here because in San Francisco we have a great Japantown and tons of imported stuff.

afilatreau
Pro
afilatreau
In response to stick

sent you a pm

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne

If you are on Facebook, there is a Group called The Scrap Yard. I know quite a few ladies on there SPLIT their packs - that might be something you're interested in, if you're not looking for a whole roll of the same tape.
Best of luck,
Jasmine

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to JazzieLynne

OMG, now I NEED that October Afternoon 9 to 5 one. Awesome! Thanks for enabling!!!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to angie girl

I get @ local LSS, Target, Ebay, shopping here.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mia1979

I was in my local scrapbook store last week and a sign said "washi" with gorgeous papers under it. I asked them were the washi was because I was curious about it.

They said the papers were washi but they only had them in 8 1/2 x 11 and they were $1.99 a sheet.

When I looked at the rack I realized I already had 8 or 9 of the pages already and bought about 8 more.

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162
In response to Henri Jean

WHAT??? Washi PAPER??? I've never heard of such a thing!!!!!!

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162
In response to angie girl

• angie girl Said:
OMG, now I NEED that October Afternoon 9 to 5 one. Awesome! Thanks for enabling!!!

Right???? Too bad it's unavailable!!!

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162

thanks you guys for the awesome replies!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-05-12 05:41 PM

• ScrappinGirl162 Said:

Technically, "washi" is actually just a type of Japanese tissue paper. I believe mulberry paper is a kind of washi. "Washi tape" is the tape made from washi paper.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to stick

Thanks Kara - I didn't know that! Just know I love the washi paper! It is absolutely gorgeous! I wish it came in 12 x 12! I can't wait to use it.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

I need the PM links also please & thanks

Also Henri, what do you do with washi paper?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sassie

Right now I just look at it and try not to drool on it! It's 8 1/2 x 11 but the colors are so intense and the texture is so nice - I haven't decided.

I most likely will use them as big accent pieces as embellies. Maybe use wides strips or blocks behind photos. There are too pretty to use for mats becuase the pictures will hide most of them.

May try some letters with some of them.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

I have Making Memories Paper Tape... I think that is like washi tape. It came with 2 rolls to a package. It was a gift... I never had an interest in buying it but after using it, I am hooked.

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162
In response to stick

• stick Said:
  • ScrappinGirl162 Said:

Technically, "washi" is actually just a type of Japanese tissue paper. I believe mulberry paper is a kind of washi. "Washi tape" is the tape made from washi paper.

OOOHHHH... I knew that!! Right??

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC

• ScrappinGirl162 Said:
  • stick Said:
  • ScrappinGirl162 Said:

OOOHHHH... I knew that!! Right??

I bought three packs of the Target wash tape that everyone raved about a few months ago (I'm a lemming...). I also bout a bunch of the we r memory keepers here at sb.com and an LSs. Archivers carried the wash for my fave paper line, My Minds Eye Indie Chic. I bought some smash tape in the black and white polka dot, and some adorable American Girl tape rom Hancock Fabrics.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

• Henri Jean Said:
Right now I just look at it and try not to drool on it! It's 8 1/2 x 11 but the colors are so intense and the texture is so nice - I haven't decided.

I most likely will use them as big accent pieces as embellies. Maybe use wides strips or blocks behind photos. There are too pretty to use for mats becuase the pictures will hide most of them.

May try some letters with some of them.

Oh the giggles!! Can i see it, is there a link to it. Must I have it to not use & not drool on also??? ROFL

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Sassie

PS - I think the target tape stunk! It never stuck to anything at all even itself. Waste of money if you ask me! Now Ive never had the WeRmemory kind, but they make awsome products!

I have a goshzillion of the tim, 7gypsy, queenNk, heidi swap & some real Japana'a stuff (just a little but its the best)

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sassie

Sassie - I'm in Phoenix right now and washi paper is in Ocala, FL but I'll cruise around the interent and see if I can find some and link it.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics