Username Post: cutting machines        (Topic#1578267)
New Kid On the Block

I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone has experience with cutting machines. I have the original cricut cutting machine. I am looking to upgrade to a different machine. Looking for something that I can use software with. Also cuts up to thicker card stock and possibly rubber stamp material.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to tweetykc

sounds like you're looking for a pazzles
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Rosita on 07-04-12 11:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Msceejay2000
Veteran
Msceejay2000
In response to Rosita

I have a Gazelle. I use Make the cut instead of the software that came with the machine because I've been using MTC for a long time and didn't want to learn new software. The Gazelle came with a deep blade that will cut chipboard, not sure about cutting rubber stamp material, that's out of my wheel house.

I would suggest you consider trying out software first. I use Make the Cut, it cuts on all the major cutter brands (except Cricuts... unless you're grandfathered... which is a totally different discussion. MTC comes with free upgrades and is committed to working with any cutter company that will have them.

You can try Make-the-cut for free and get access to their boards. On their boards you will find many cutters (the good kind) and they will likely have the best advice. Off hand I *think* Black Cat or Klic-N-Kut will cut with the most pressure, thus the strongest materials, but I am not sure.

mschiddy
Resident
mschiddy
In response to Msceejay2000

I think just about any brand cutter will cut thick card stock, but I'm not sure about rubber stamping materials. One place you could look for a review about different cutting machines is a blog called Under a Cherry Tree. The blog owner has reviewed several different cutting machines. If this link works here is the link to the Black Cat Cougar machine review http://underacherrytree.blogspot.com/2011/06/black-cat-...

Pazzles
New Kid On the Block
Pazzles
In response to Rosita

Thanks for pointing us out for her! Yes, at this time, from what we know, the Inspiration is the only electronic die cutter than has its own rubber stamp cutting kit. Our cutter also does not need a secondary 'deep cut' blade -- you can cut chipboard, vinyl, paper, and more with the same blade!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics