Username Post: Did you get some good items today in honor of 4th of July?        (Topic#1578275)
Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

I really didnt dare venture out until about 530 because it was really hot today. I went to M's with only 20 minutes to shop (they were closing @ 6). I forgot what I was in there for, silly me. I guess I have too much because I couldnt find an item that I wanted. But I did pick up a collage frame that I plan to alter/decorate and that was it. Neither J's or M's had anything goo. I ended up this morning shopping online w J's. I bought some punches that I've been eyeing but wanted to wait until the shipping was free or reduced. Went back to the site and it's down. PPL must be getting their shopping on. Ok sorry to ramble but did you get something on a good deal??

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Mia1979

I took advantange of sb.com's 20% sale on sizzix items + free shipping—too good to pass up! I wrote about it on the Payday Friday site. I also have a cart full of stuff on J's online site, but too tired to shop anymore tonight. Had a fun fireworks evening with family and friends~

trem1997
Pro
trem1997
In response to mrsdriver5

I didn't go out shopping because the coupons I have from Ms doesn't start until today in my area 50% off one item and because its my birthday month I get an extra 20% off my purchase.

klong618
Tenant
klong618
In response to trem1997

Wait its my birthday month too how do I get this coupon?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to klong618

I suspect that's related to the Michael's Rewards program.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to aquabunny

What is the "Michaels' rewards program?"
I've been going there for years and never heard about it.....

Alison

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to kiyawinn

Have you attempted Googling the words "Michael's rewards program"? Because it's the first result.

klong618
Tenant
klong618
In response to aquabunny

I am already a michael's reward member but haven't gotten anything. is it an email or a mail coupon?

Sharon Leigh
Veteran
Sharon Leigh
In response to klong618

Boy did I ever gets some deals. There was a garage sale that just casually mentioned scrapbooking in the ad so I decided to go check it out. This woman had boxes of patterned paper, cardstock, paper pads, kits, sizzix, spare parts, roller bags, carry caddys, more stuff then I could go through. I bought mostly cardstock at 15 cents a sheet and a brand new caddy for $5.00. I plan on returning tomorrow because she said she will putting out more.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 07-07-12 04:41 AM
In response to Sharon Leigh

I have quite a few goodies from the past several days...

SIL is safe (USN)
BIL is safe (USN)
Nephew is safe (USMC)
Niece is safe (USN)

Between DH (USMC) and I, we talked or emailed all of them.

Yesterday, my 2 year old DGD showed compassion for a soldier with a new leg at the Naval hospital. We were walking thru the hospital to see D1 and he was walking towards us. She watched him for a few minutes then said he is missing his leg, but got a new one. I told her, yes, he may have been with Cousin protecting us. He heard us talking and looked at DGD. She asked if it (his leg) hurt, and he said no, not any more. Then she gave him a hug. It's an odd feeling to see a burly Marine tear up.

So, yes, I received some very good "things" this week.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Tivi

• Tivi Said:

SIL is safe (USN)
BIL is safe (USN)
Nephew is safe (USMC)
Niece is safe (USN)

Yesterday, my 2 year old DGD showed compassion for a soldier with a new leg at the Naval hospital. We were walking thru the hospital to see D1 and he was walking towards us. She watched him for a few minutes then said he is missing his leg, but got a new one. I told her, yes, he may have been with Cousin protecting us. He heard us talking and looked at DGD. She asked if it (his leg) hurt, and he said no, not any more. Then she gave him a hug. It's an odd feeling to see a burly Marine tear up.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Tivi

• Tivi Said:

SIL is safe (USN)
BIL is safe (USN)
Nephew is safe (USMC)
Niece is safe (USN)

Wow! That made me tear up. Love and family is way more important to me than "stuff" for my overly full scrap mess.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Seaexplore

That is indeed the best 4th of July of all.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Henri Jean

That is a blessing.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Tivi

• Tivi Said:

SIL is safe (USN)
BIL is safe (USN)
Nephew is safe (USMC)
Niece is safe (USN)

Sweet!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Luvmyfam

I am one of those people that won't shop on a holiday. I worked retail when I was younger and think there need to be some days that employees get time off and have it paid. I wouldn't be above online shopping on though.

Tivi

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to 950nancy

Tivi - that made me tear up too.

I agree with Nancy - I did NOT go shopping. It makes me sad that stores are open on holidays.

I have a military son-in-law who is safe, and was able to spend time with us on the 4th, so that was my 'thing' this Independence Day!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics