Username Post: what kind of album? screw posts or rings??        (Topic#1578329)
hisgringa
New Kid On the Block
hisgringa

So, I am getting ready to start scrapping vacation photos. I have been inventorying and orgainzing, making lists of what I need/want things like that. Now, I need to decide on what kind of album to purchase, the screw posts or the rings? My concern with the screw posts is that it won't hold everything I need to put in there. While I am not planning on making a scrap page for EVERY photo, I do want to purchase protectors to hold the additional photos so that everything will at least be together. What are your experiences with the different kinds of albums?

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to hisgringa

It seems that most use the D-rings. I use both. I like the look of the posts better, they are usually cheaper and often have better cover choices, but the rings are easier to switch pages around, hold more and are sturdier.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to mrsdriver5

I like the look of post-bound better, but recently did my first ring-bound. That said, consider how many pages you might be making for this album - there's a certain point at which even a 3-ring album would need to have the pages split into two albums.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to aquabunny

I've done both and I'm a D-ring fan. I can get more in there than with posts, even with extenders, and I can change the order pretty easily.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to meezerpleaser

I'm a D-ring fan, maybe because I like dimension on my pages, and I need the extra room so the album lays flat ... that being said, I wish there were more variety in the covers on D-ring albums

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to hisgringa

I like the D ring. I have too much trouble getting the post extenders in.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to idlewoman

D-ring here too. Although I like the look of the posts books, I put a lot of pages in mine - I want a complete trip in one book and I can put 40 protecter (80 pages) easily in a D-ring. I've gone as many as 92 pages.

I also like the wide spines on the D-rings - I buy the scrapbooks at Hobby Lobby because they have the largest space to insert a label.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Henri Jean

I use post bound albums because I love the way 2 page layouts look without a gap. I do lots of lumpy pages and found that snap load bindings work well for me.

Have fun with whichever you choose and welcome to the neighborhood!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics