Username Post: How much do you spend on each haul?        (Topic#1578355)
New Kid On the Block

Tonight at Walmart I spent about $18. I got 3 packs of clear stamps( each pack had 3 stamps). 4 ribbon rolls, 3 decorative tapes, 3 packs of buttons, each were different, 3 packs of dimentional stickers. I save change when I break a $1 bill. That adds up fast. I did order paper and corner punch, but they were on sale on scrapbook.com Reuse those scraps and leftovers. I need to budget. Do you all think I did ok?

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Tncatmom3

For me it varies on how much money I got in me purse. Sometimes, when I recieved a big ammount of money, I treat meself to craft items. I can get overboard with it them and other times, am a cheap skate and spend very little. Christmas is always a pain for me cause I see so many nice items that I want. I buy items then that arent really for Christmas but I buy em with the intention to use them for the Christmas cards. lol Ofcourse I end up not using it....

Expert
In response to TheCharmedOne

Oh I can be dangerous. I try to keep it to 25 dollars..but if I am buying Spellbinders or cricut cartridges....well...you know what happens. Thank goodness my husband doesn't say much.

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 07-09-12 08:25 AM
In response to Tncatmom3

I think you did well.
For me it depends on the week. I am a home daycare provider and I take one little girl on Wed, Thur, and Fri for just a couple of hours in the evening. I use this time to tutor her because her previous daycare did not do preschool. So depending on the number of days she shows up determines my spending money. She has averaged about 1-2 days per week and they pay for 6 days at a time. If they miss a day I credit it to the next week so it can be as little as $20 and as much as $120. Since this is in addition to regular income I don't count on it for bills, groceries, savings, etc. I consider it fun money.

bbarthej
Expert
bbarthej
In response to Cinj

Around $25 - $30. I pretty much have everything I NEED, but... I can always make room for more stuff!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to bbarthej

If there is a good online sale and a free shipping with a certain $$$ purchase... I tend to order enough to make the free shipping. If it is at a local store... it might be a few dollars or it might be a few dollars with a multiplier... ha ha. I also shop for a secret sis swap I am in... so if I am shopping for that person... I always end up adding in a few things for me, too. I can't seem to manage shopping ONLY for a stranger. I never shop at full retail... there has to be a sale or a coupon.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I do most of my crafts shopping in Amazon.com. I wait until I can buy over $25.00 worth of supplies and I do my best to find free supersaver shipping or regular free shipping. My average purchase is $25-$50 (US).

silverspurs121
New Kid On the Block
silverspurs121
In response to Crafting Marfa

I buy from several sites and CTMH consultants...my average purchase is around $50 and my monthy average is about $120. Its not good...I have an addiction to supplies...LOL

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to silverspurs121

I usually do my shopping at theveggie sitebecause they have free shipping for $50 orders. I 've shopped so much in the last few months I just made thier loyalty program and now recieve 10% off everything..... so I spend $50 + at a time because I live in the sticks with the closest crafts store almost 50 miles away and its pretty slim pickings there too.

kj.etienne
Resident
kj.etienne
In response to SarahWscraps

you should check out scrapbuck.com! I just found them last week and haven't made a purchase yet (because I just spent way too much on my last haul about 2 weeks ago...) but they have great prices and free shipping on orders over $20! Not a bad deal!

rhinestone
Veteran
rhinestone
In response to kj.etienne

i like to spend about $140 every month. i buy mostly stampin up. gonna be a demonstrator so I can get the discount.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to rhinestone

way too much!!!! lol
i belong to a kit club which is $25 per month... but i love that because everything is in it!!! paper card stock embellishments and it is delivered to my door. I sell close to my heart stamps so i do get a discount plus i know a couple of people that are have their own on line stores.... so i get things at cost... but on average $100 per month

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to leokc34

I try to keep it to 25-30 dollars per week,,,,,,,,I've been known to spend more,,,,and I've been known to spend less,,,might depend on the sales. Sometimes I NEED stuff like ATG, plain card stock, etc,,,,,and sometimes it's all fun money,,,,,,I buy pretty paper or stamps, etc I think I am heading towards some new stamps over the next several weeks!

New Kid On the Block
In response to CommaHolly

When I was working I spent about 100-120/mo....now that I haven't been working it's about 10/mo....haha! Only the staples...good thing I bought so much when I was working so I have a ton of stuff to still use...

Diva
In response to scrapaway1

Usually $25 - $40 but it depends of my budget. I havent been at the stores for a while only to buy adhesives. I promised myself (mainly because I dont have extra money) to use what I have!

Veteran
In response to bayamonesa1

Sometimes it's just five dollars.I don't have alot of money but when I do I make every dollar count.

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162
In response to SHARON ELISE

I try to shop when I absolutely NEED something or when I am low on paper, embellishments, stickers, etc. Since I have a limited area for storage, I try to fit all my supplies in a neat and orderly fashion so when I do go shopping I spend about $10-$30 depending on what I need and if I have any coupons that always come in handy!

punchcrazy
Tenant
punchcrazy
In response to ScrappinGirl162

too much, lol.
I have a bad habit of buying embelishmetns that appeal to me, but I end up not using for a long time.
I now only go out to look at supplies when I am actually in need of something specific and will then try to only buy otehr items if they are on special or I ahve a coupon.
In the last 6-7 months I've only purchases supplies 3 times. 1 SU order ($130.00, msotly stamps and punches) 1 haul at Michaels ($125.00 (everything was 60-70% off) and one small one at Wal-mart ($40.00). So, what does that come to?, an average of about $100.00 each? Or (this sounds much better) an average of about $50 a month.

I have to say though that I have a lot of supplies and really don't "need" much at all. Generally what I run out of is adhesive.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to punchcrazy

so far this month, i have spent under 120, but come out with over 400 in supplies!!! just really look for great deals!

i have bought everything from my little shoebox warehouse sale to fancy pants holiday papers, inks, glitter glues, color bok paper, carta bella, bo bunny... you name it, i've done it and only spent about 120, i can do the math tomorrow to be sure, but i think i have 42 left in my scrappy budget. that's gonna be enough to get me a new trimmer, another couple things of solid cardstock as well as a refill for the atg. then december 1, i have a fresh 100 for the budget. i'm limiting myself to 100 a month, and that seems to be working well

Diva
In response to flutterbye0419

I am trying to stay with $20.00. My budget is very limited right now.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

i totally know what you mean... i've been there too... i would really just look for deals... what is it that you are needing??? if i find deals, i'll pm you the details

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to flutterbye0419

i haven't been able to spend like i want to but i usually keep it between 20-30 dollars

Diva
In response to Tncatmom3

You did great!

Diva

Today I have $100 to spend! Major damage to be done here...but it was a great blessing. Buying mainly glues, adhesive, may be some stamps...I like to buy tools or adhesive when I have some extra money so I don't have to stop a project because I ran out of adhesive or glue. SInce I don't have extra money all the time...I try to be very careful on how spen my money. I can't wait to 5pm so I can get out of work and go shopping!!!!!!

Butterfly Beads
Guru
Butterfly Beads

Hi! I try to spend no more than $10 - $15 each time that I go to Jo Ann's, Hobby Lobby or Michael's. One thing that helps me is that I always take coupons that I receive via e-mail or in the paper! Happy Scrappin'

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Butterfly Beads

well over the last week i thinki have spent close to 300 dollars

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics