Username Post: best ink for cards        (Topic#1578399)
Tenant

What does everyone think is the best inks for making cards? I have just started and only have a small handful of inks, mostly from the Dollar Tree. They of course, don't seem to work that well. I am confused - there are so many types..I don't want more junk ink pads laying around and of course spend money on something that doesn't work well. Thanks for any help

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Bitty-Boo

I think it depends on what you want to do. Color images? Stamp sentiments only? Edge papers?

Are you using clear or rubber stamps?

I prefer memento for pretty much any time I stamp, unless I need it to be on weird material like acrylic. Then it's staz-on. You can get a set of something like 12 different colors of memento in tiny ink pads at Hobby Lobby. With a coupon, you can get the set for around $12-$15, I think.

If I'm edging papers, I like cats eye chalk inks or distress inkpads.

Tenant
In response to siameseplease

Thank you, right now for stamping sentiments, more as I get better. Thanks for the tip

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to Bitty-Boo

I'm a fan of Jenni Bowlin inks. The ink pad is a nice size - not too big, not too small; works well with both clear & rubber (for me); and is great with Copics. There are only 12 colours though, other brands have a lot more...
Products Referenced in This Post:

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to traceyjean

My favorite are Tsukineko Dew Drops (Brilliance or VersaMagic). I find that they stamp a great, clear image, and the small size of the dew drops gives you numerous colors for the $$ (which is great for me because I rarely stamp). They are also great for inking the edges of paper/embellishments, and the small size is easy to work with (when stamping place the ink pad on top of the stamp instead of the other way around).

whateveriwant
Resident
whateveriwant
In response to kariyava

For just stamping sentiments, I like Memento inks. Comes in a ton of colors and they're very good and bright

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to whateveriwant

I am biased...I love Stampin' Up inks! I use them for all my stamping needs. They just switched to firm foam pads and they are awesome! So easy to get good coverage on the stamp!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics