Username Post: Distressing pagers edge.. HOW?        (Topic#1578459)
Canadiancandy
Mayor
Canadiancandy

I have not gotten into the torn weather, or worn paper.. but trying a page that needs the edges worn.. Not deep into the paper.. but just around the edges.. How does everyone do it.. I don't have any tool but tempted to by something. I tried ruffing it up with the sissors edge but lol It was like running my fingernails down the blackboard LOL Please share with me the tricks of this.. or pointers that will help.. Anyone?

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Canadiancandy

I use the tool below....works great!
I believe most people use a tool to do it but there might be a way to do it with things around the house that someone knows of.....I'm not sure

ALison
Products Referenced in This Post:

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to kiyawinn

before I invested in the Tim Holtz paper distresser, but I used a scissor blade to distress. I just open scissors and run one blade along my paper edge. It can tear into the paper easier than using the distresser, but I like that deep distressed look so it worked for me.

Resident

You can use an emory board or scissors. I do not distress a lot but did buy the TH paper distresser. (the little gray and red one) The small one mentioned above... It is great. Was inexpensive and does what I need it to do since I am not a huge distress scrapper.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to stvmom2

Or you could hang just barely the edge of the paper over the edge of the table and hack at it (as softly or heavily as you like) with an emery board or other manicure-tool.

Or if you have a Ped-Egg (remember those?) -you could use that- it's basically what part of/one side of the Ingvild Bolme distressing tool is...

-Kory

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to designguyKORY

Sherry, light sandpaper works as well. I am not a big one with distress but I did buy the d-stress tool from Imaginisce. Here is what I found works as well as the d-stress tool and you might have this already at home. Do you have a electric nail buffer/manicure set. If so one of the heads on it will work just as well as any of the tools out there, in fact I found depending on what or how much distressing I wanted it worked better.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Drayia

I use making memories edge distresser

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Mia1979

I have the Tim Holtz and the Zutter distrezz it all! It's my fave but I distress a lot.

Canadiancandy
Mayor
Canadiancandy
In response to Sneezy1956

Thanks for the replies! I just went and got the little Grey and red round distresser... I figured if thats what it says.. should work lol I'm not big on the distressed look either.. I don't think there is even one in all my work that I've ever done. I'll have to decide if I like it if I can complete one layout like that.

I like the idea of the nail buffer...(don't have one.. but my son has a dermal and it has a whole bunch of different tips on it.. I bet that would really work good.. Thanks for that idea.

Thanks for all the ideas... If I can't handle the wheel thingie.. I'm sure I'll find one of these tricks mentioned work..

GREAT IDEAS
THX
Sherry

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand

I have the ingvild bolme one from Prima. I had that little gray and red one and I hated it. For me, the prima one is easier because of the longer handle.

http://store.scrapbook.com/pri-890940.html?t7=ingvild+b...

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to rubymillerand

I just use scissor blades.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Here Kitty

several things can be used...I use the Tim Holtz one (the red n grey one), me mum uses a pedicure device. I seen sanding paper used too, scissors...basically anything ...it also helps to ink the edge a bit...both sides...

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to designguyKORY

• designguyKORY Said:

Or if you have a Ped-Egg (remember those?) -you could use that- it's basically what part of/one side of the Ingvild Bolme distressing tool is...

-Kory

I remember those! We even had one lol fun things for everything else but the feet..

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to TheCharmedOne

Before I got the Tonic one I just used my fingernail. I find myself still doing it that way until I remember that I have the tool.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to kelseymel

I use a thread-cutter designed for needlework.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to RedSquirrel

I have the little round red and grey one. I don't distress very often so it meets my needs perfectly. Small, portable, and the right amount of distressing.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I have this one as well as the TH round one. Love them both. I us the Prima one the most, it has a handle and the "Ped-egg" type metal grater sides plus the cutting edge. I desided to not the the electric Zutter because of the noise it makes. I sometimes scrap late at night. But the Zutter is great if you want to distress a large stack of cardstock at once for example if you are making Christmas cards.

Anyway I wanted to mention the Prima, I use it all the time.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics