Username Post: Stamping Techniques        (Topic#1578479)
whateveriwant
Resident
whateveriwant

I know there's not a lot of stamping stuff on sb.com, but I just wanted to ask:
what sorts of stamping techniques are you wanting to learn? I love stamping and learning techniques, but am wanting more right now......what do YOU want to learn to do? Or what have you just learned to do that you like?

bbarthej
Veteran
bbarthej
In response to whateveriwant

I'd like to learn how to color my stamps in a way that will look like I have years of experience. I have copic markers and I try to color and blend, but it never quite looks right. So...

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to bbarthej

I tried the Copics but I'm a total dunce. I love my pencils!

I want to learn how to color with Distress Inks and Tombow markers.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to runzalot81

I have learned and love combining chalks and watercolor pencils when coloring my stamped images. NO rushing, for me it needs to be a calm experience with nobody hollering, fighting or dogs barking. All that can take away the fun for me But for the most part I am happy in my stamping world!

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to catzscrapper

Im not even ure what they mean by stamping techniques. I would love to find out what the techniques are. I do know that when i stamp an image and then I color them with my Copic markers, the alcohol based of the markers resist the ink from the stamp outlines. This makes it easier for me because i dont have to worry about going back over the lines.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Crafting Marfa

I just discovered gilding flakes. They are like gold leaf, in different metals and different colours. You stamp a silhouette image (rather than a fine detail one) using a stamping glue, and then rub the flakes over the glued image.

Card using gilding flakes By RedSquirrel

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to RedSquirrel

Ooooohhhh that sounds like FUN

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics