Username Post: Ideas for making a mini album...        (Topic#1578519)
Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy

I am a 12 X 12 scrapbooker but want to venture away from that for a project. I am hoping to create a Starbucks themed mini album. My DH LOVES Starbucks so I have a collection of pictures (including a visit to the original Starbucks in Seattle, WA!) to scrapbook. I thought this might be a good project to try out a creating a mini book. I want the book to be acid free/archival safe. What kind of "book" should I use as a base for the album? Thanks for any help you can offer!

Expert
In response to Vintageivy

It would be cute if you flattened out the things that go around the coffe cups (sorry don't know what they are called) and make a book out of those. I don't know how archival safe that would be though. But it would be super cute!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Vintageivy

check out Kathy Orta's Tutorials she does amazing mini's with great instructions.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Sneezy1956

oohhh there's any number of ways you could do it. Chipboard, acrylic, those lightweight wooden ones from Kaisercraft. You assemble your own, or buy the mini album base. So many options! I love mini albums, though I haven't made many of them.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Tina scraps

You could easily make a coffee cup shape from chipboard as your cover....
Do a search in the store for "mini book" and there are tons of ones that come up! You can create your own shape from chipboard, corrugated paper, grungeboard, acrylic etc...or you can buy a shape pre-made in the store.
Have Fun!

Alison

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Tina scraps

Oooh...thanks for the great tips so far! Love the "coffee cozy" idea and I watched the video-super ideas! This album looks like a cool starting point for an album...
Has anyone tried using this product? Do you think it's acid free/archival safe? I really like the "documented" line of papers you can use with it too.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics