Username Post: Question on page style?        (Topic#1578531)
daschweder
Veteran
daschweder

Hopefully some of you can knock the fear out of me. I have made equivilent to 5 scrapbooks, just have to organize them better.
Any way, DH says don't put too much on a page. I like to add pazazz but afraid to add too much. My stash is limited to types of things I have to work with. Should I just go with wold and crazy and see what happens. Hubby likes what I make so that really isn't the issue. Just scared to try cause my pics are all I have. Lost 16 years of pics so I want to make what I have look special.
Any ideas on how to approach this fear of ugliness?

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to daschweder

Make copies of your pictures, then use the copies and go wild!!! If you don't like it, you still have your original pictures...

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-13-12 08:33 AM
In response to debby_westbrook

Yes, go wild and crazy and just play with ideas. Definitely make multiple copies of your pics. Also, look through the gallery here, it's stuffed full of wonderful layouts and so many inspiring ideas, and there are sketches as well.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to stick

agree - make digital copies of your pics if you don't already have them. Then you can do whatever you want

Rhondatx
Veteran
Rhondatx

I know what you mean. My pages are not nearly as glamorous as most of the one's posted in the gallery. I am just starting out so my stash is limited as well (but I am shopping as fast as I can). As Stick said, look through the gallery. I found lots of ideas last night that I cannot wait to try.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I just quickly looked at your gallery (this is supposed to be my scrapping time) and what I saw looked fine. Don't worry about what others like as long as you like it. I see fabulous LOs in the gallery, but they aren't me. I've been trying to try one new technique, or one I haven't used for a long time, on each LO, just to "spice it up" a bit. I agree with scanning and saving a digital back-up of your pictures. Then they can always be printed again if you completely mess something up, but a few flowers or other embellie can cover a host of oopsies.~Judy

daschweder
Veteran
daschweder
In response to mrsdriver5

Thank you all. I will have to get busy in learning how to scan my pics into this computer. It works I know that, so it's just getting it all taken care of. Never occurred to me to scan them to keep copies of them all.
Can't wait to get working on some new LO's. YES! Thanks everyone for the encouragment and also the nice things said about my LO's.

Resident

hi daschweder,

i'm new too but one thing that helps me is that i don't glue or stick anything down at first, i tend to move it around a bit, try different embellies or papers and sometimes even try different photo's. sometimes if i'm not sure, i'll leave it layed out, and come back later and take a fresh look.

definitely agree with making digital copies of your photo's and not just on your computer but also on a back up external hard drive, i have one specifically for my photo's.

just a thought too, you said you lost 16yrs of photo's...have you asked family and friends for copies of thiers??

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics