Username Post: favorite album        (Topic#1578559)
jessalynn
Tenant
jessalynn

Hey everyone I'm looking to buy my first album, I'm almost positive I'm going to go with a d-ring album because I have a LOT to put in it, but I was wondering what everyone's favorite albums were and why. Michaels doesn't have any d-ring binders so I will have to order online but I'm wondering is there is any difference between the brands and such.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to jessalynn

I personally like the Hiller 3 ring albums. They are sturdy and hold a lot. I have one with a pocket inside that I use to hold brochures and extras.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

And.........I can see now that they are all discontinued!

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to Luvmyfam

I have tried a few different brands and love the Pioneer ones the best. I just switched to the d-ring and can't see myself going back.

suezhunt
Pro
suezhunt
In response to jessalynn

I love We R Memory Keepers Albums!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to suezhunt

• suezhunt Said:
I love We R Memory Keepers Albums!

Hiller made WRM Keepers albums, or visa versa. I will probably buy a WRM Keepers album the next time I need one.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 07-15-12 09:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Luvmyfam

I love my WRM Keepers (better than the Bazzill ones in my opinion) and I like the Pebbles Inc ones too.

jessalynn
Tenant
jessalynn
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Well I've had so many layouts done I decided I just had to get an album to put them in because I didn't like the sitting out, and of course me being as impatient as I am I couldn't wait for any online order!

They did have a few 3 ring ones at a store near me but I didn't like the look of them as much as the post bound, and I really liked on of the post bounds I found and it was 40% off so I bought it. I'm going to try and fit in all of my stuff into it and if it won't fit I will switch to 3 ring, and I lucked out because the page protectors I got are also compatiable to 3 ring!

Right now I have my 23 finished layouts in the book and I have the 10 original page protectors it came with plus I bought a pack of 25 additional page protectors that are now in it.

Figuring out how to use the post bound system was a bit tricky... LOL First time I did it I unscrewed the posts from the front took all the current pages out to put my new empty ones in the back and then figured out that I could have just unscrewed it from the back and saved myself some trouble! Then once I got it back together again I thought maybe it was a little bit too tight with just a few pages too many so I unscrewed it again looking for the extension posts that were supposed to be coupled inside the existing post, but could not find and so I gave up and put it back together. Then when I went to go and slip a new layout into one of the new page protectors I couldn't get it to open and then realized DUH, I had to make sure the opening was at the TOP of the scrapbook when loading it!! LOL I really do love the look of the post bound though.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to jessalynn

I mainly scrap 8/11 so I have been using SEI Preservation series for years. I bought a few 12/12 by Recollections from Michaels and slowly started doing 12/12.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Mia1979

I have used a few kinds of albums. My favorite is CM albums. I love the selection of covers and the quality is amazing. The other benefit of using these albums is that I can always get the pages and protectors. I had an album before that I started and then couldn't get pages/protectors because they were discontinued. With CM albums my bulky pages fit fine and they have other pages to put items in like postcards, maps, etc. I just ordered two of the wish coversets...can't wait to get them and fill them up!

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Vintageivy

I have only used CM albums as they are guaranteed forever and I love the strap hinge type of album. The quality is amazing and the different cover sets are a joy to pick from. They are having a sale right now so you might want to check them out You can check out my site where I explain further why I use creative memories, www.scrappingwonders.info I hope you find the right album fit for you. Beth

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to jessalynn

• jessalynn Said:

Figuring out how to use the post bound system was a bit tricky... LOL First time I did it I unscrewed the posts from the front took all the current pages out to put my new empty ones in the back and then figured out that I could have just unscrewed it from the back and saved myself some trouble! Then once I got it back together again I thought maybe it was a little bit too tight with just a few pages too many so I unscrewed it again looking for the extension posts that were supposed to be coupled inside the existing post, but could not find and so I gave up and put it back together. Then when I went to go and slip a new layout into one of the new page protectors I couldn't get it to open and then realized DUH, I had to make sure the opening was at the TOP of the scrapbook when loading it!! LOL I really do love the look of the post bound though.

Try these in your post bound albums instead of the posts. Just use a little extra adhesive to secure them to your spine
Products Referenced in This Post:

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to jessalynn

Has anyone bought d-rings from Costco? I saw them online the other day, and the review wasn't super favorable, but i was wondering if anyone seen those in person)
PS: canadian costco, not US.

Nana Jules
Tenant
Nana Jules
In response to OlesyaK.

I started out with CM (had to trim all the papers that were non CM but I loved their albums). Next step was top loaders and then moved on to side loaders (hate strap albums and screw ones)so finally, have arrived at my Happy Place...D rings!
and I will NEVER go back.

slyn11
slyn11 
Resident
slyn11
In response to Nana Jules

I like the Making Memories ring albums. They fit the CTMH page protectors perfectly.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to slyn11

My old albums are CM. They are sturdy and hold a lot, but adding a page was awful. I also prefer the top mount. If your adhesive isn't strong enough (or too old) your stuff can fall out of the page protectors. I have 12 WRMK albums and none of them have ever had a problem. They also hold a lot of pages.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to 950nancy

CM has added side loading sleeves which makes life a lot easier when adding pages to your albums. They also are a true 12x12 page now. I'm not a consultant or anything it's just an FYI. I had some of those issues that others posted about but now all those issues have been addressed!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics